Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Pat mentioned on stream that he didn't need to deal with the contract at all because some viewer sent him an extra key they had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

do they get paid? or are you signing away your rights to play a worse version of overwatch earlier for twitch views or something. I dont know. I wouldnt want to watch anyone play this

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the contract is just an agreement before they provide a free key. according to JP on the dropped frames podcast tho someone from the company said they know the agreement is 'inappropriate' and are in the process of changing it. it's unclear if its because of a translation issue or just regional contract differences (netease is chinese afaik?)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Heh @ all this talk about contracts and streamer clauses or whatever, I Believe in the Three Bs :c00l:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mistermojo posted:

do they get paid? or are you signing away your rights to play a worse version of overwatch earlier for twitch views or something. I dont know. I wouldnt want to watch anyone play this

Game honestly looks better than Overwatch in Alpha. That part of the contract was really stupid.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://x.com/patstaresat/status/1790052577071038670?s=46

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know he's never going to not do it, but him editing his own head onto the baby is funny every time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why is Pat acting like Woolie's never met him and also alluding to himself like that?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
One of these days he's going to save over the only copy of the original jpeg

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

I know he's never going to not do it, but him editing his own head onto the baby is funny every time

What do you mean? Isn't that just Woolie holding up Pat? :v:

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Has Pat mentioned Baby Ashley since having actual baby?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Woolie's reactions to Hecate and Nemesis in Hades 2 are highly amusing.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
But entirely expected.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Paranormasight sounds entirely my jam so I'm glad Pat talked about it in his week, then I saw we were at 3:30:00+ already lmao

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man I don't like Gundam Seed, and yet there's something about the way Woolie talks about it that's still annoying. Possibly just his insistence on saying poo poo like cuck and so forth, generally sounding like the worst posters.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 17, 2024

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

Man I don't like Gundam Seed, and yet there's something about the way Woolie talks about it that's still annoying. Possibly just his insistence on saying poo poo like cuck and so forth, generally sounding like the worst posters.

I'd argue it's because it's basically the exact same take folk have had on the series for decades, which most Gundam fans are probably tired of hearing even if they may share sentiments.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I deffo skipped that whole segment, and the back and forth of black Riddler. Those were some segment where I could feel I knew all they'd say and how they'd clash and repeat for 10 to 30 minutes

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SethSeries posted:

I'd argue it's because it's basically the exact same take folk have had on the series for decades, which most Gundam fans are probably tired of hearing even if they may share sentiments.

Yeah that's definitely also a factor. Hearing the phrase "Jesus Yamato" in 2024 is like, absurd.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
IIRC Woolie is one of those guys who watches a show once and then moves onto the next, so it's likely he hasn't watched SEED in years of course his thoughts on it would be the same.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rody One Half posted:

Yeah that's definitely also a factor. Hearing the phrase "Jesus Yamato" in 2024 is like, absurd.

And isn't Jesus Yamato more of a thing in Destiny than it is in regular Seed? Like, it gets absolutely absurd later on.

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

IIRC Woolie is one of those guys who watches a show once and then moves onto the next, so it's likely he hasn't watched SEED in years of course his thoughts on it would be the same.

If he didn't like it the first time I doubt he'd enjoy it the second. Also Seed + Destiny combined add up to about 100 episodes, that's a big ask even for a good show.

Hell, it took me almost two years to get through LOGH.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

And isn't Jesus Yamato more of a thing in Destiny than it is in regular Seed? Like, it gets absolutely absurd later on.

SEED, for all its flaws, still has its cast mostly acting like people and not caricatures for the plot. Destiny is where stuff gets goofy, but a lot of the stuff Kira gets poo poo for in Destiny starts at the back end of SEED.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People should be more mad that out of the only anime he watched in 2 years, it's a Gundam seed movie instead of literally anything else

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He watched Edgerunners, didn't he?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I think he watched Pluto, too

edit: he did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUuF79uQNF0

theCalamity fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 19, 2024

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Here's something that just went up. What could it mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Qvxc56Qho

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

7c Nickel posted:

Here's something that just went up. What could it mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Qvxc56Qho

Found a good comment on the video:

kolbatsu posted:

Woolie introduces you to the world of fighting games. But Pat's there to show you why you're not worthy of staying there

I don't think it's going to be Pat beating up on new players, but I can see him going "look, if you can't deal with my poo poo-rear end play, you probably shouldn't be playing these kind of games"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I wanna say when SF6 first came out he was using that concept; he felt around then that he was out of fighting games, SF6 demo went up and he was locked in and he said something about how his fighting game show would be Get OUT Of Fighting Games because he would just beat people up and not teach poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They first used the phrase as a potential title for a post-Best-Friends equivalent to Saturday Morning Scrublords where Woolie and Reggie play lovely fighting games. It might have been suggested in a podcast email.