Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Remember that time Carnage sent his symbiote down phone lines to kill gamers through their modems?

Has that ever come up again, that Symbiotes can do that?

It only works on gamers so it doesn't come up much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
A third of the world population plays video games, if anything it should come up a lot more

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

thetoughestbean posted:

A third of the world population plays video games, if anything it should come up a lot more

Yeah but it only works through phone lines and nobody uses dial up anymore

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah you’d think it would come up just for a joke where Carnage curses wi-fi

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ten thousand grandpa symbiote players of Civ 4 to storm New York at Carnage’s command.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Codependent Poster posted:

We need a scene where Carnage wants to kill the guy he’s playing against in Street Fighter because the other guy’s connection is so bad, but can’t because the guy’s playing with wi-fi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They can't print gamer word in comics, so they can't accurately represent it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

They can't print gamer word in comics, so they can't accurately represent it

They've done it before, admittedly in a very different context.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think misanthropic internet weirdos are carnage's followers, now. so he's made peace with gamers.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

They've done it before, admittedly in a very different context.

Kitty Pryde has indeed said the gamer word.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I miss when comics would explain every character’s powers every issue. Because I do not understand why Scarlet Spider has a single Wolverine claw.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gripweed posted:

I miss when comics would explain every character’s powers every issue. Because I do not understand why Scarlet Spider has a single Wolverine claw.

In that specific case I'm not sure you want the explanation. Also not sure it would even fit in a recap page.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gripweed posted:

It’s a stinger, just like spiders have DUH

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Joe Fisto posted:

It’s a stinger, just like spiders have DUH

Spiders do not have stingers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Long story short, Spider-Man's powers had a mystical element to them, Kaine-Scarlet Spider ended up basically inheriting all the mystical elements while Peter kept the basic poo poo, so he could pop out 'stingers' for some reason.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gripweed posted:

Spiders do not have stingers.

Then why would a spider-man have them? Checkmate.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ImpAtom posted:

Long story short, Spider-Man's powers had a mystical element to them, Kaine-Scarlet Spider ended up basically inheriting all the mystical elements while Peter kept the basic poo poo, so he could pop out 'stingers' for some reason.

I still can't believe the angsty, evil clone version of Spider-Man had his own on-going, that it lasted 25 freaking issues when Marvel can't have anything reach more than 6 these days before cancelation, and that it managed to be pretty drat good, even leaving me hoping for more.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Saoshyant posted:

I still can't believe the angsty, evil clone version of Spider-Man had his own on-going, that it lasted 25 freaking issues when Marvel can't have anything reach more than 6 these days before cancelation, and that it managed to be pretty drat good, even leaving me hoping for more.

Chasm had an ongoing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kaine aka Scarlet Spider.

I miss him and Aracely.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Have they done anything with Ben Reilly since Dark Web?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Air Skwirl posted:

Have they done anything with Ben Reilly since Dark Web?

Yeah he's popped up a few places. He's in the current Spider-Man story still trying to get his memories back. He has caused Peter to get Goblinized.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just once I'd like to ask a question about Spider-Man that makes me want to read the current book.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

X-O posted:

. He has caused Peter to get Goblinized.

Again

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean technically it hasn’t happened yet but I think it’s going down in the next issue. The last issue dealt with Queen Goblin (not to be confused with Goblin Queen who also has been involved in the Ben story) trying to put a whammy on Ben and Peter showed up to save him. And future covers have Peter as a Goblin on them so I’m kinda just putting the pieces together myself here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Air Skwirl posted:

Just once I'd like to ask a question about Spider-Man that makes me want to read the current book.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I just learned recently that when Zeb Wells was writing all that Peter/MJ/Whatever his name was junk, he was going through a divorce. A divorce from his wife who's a Saturday Night Live actress.