Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so how much space does a black video and noise audio take up on youtube servers? transmitted?

for godsake, the people that use these should buy a decent white noise machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

PhazonLink posted:

so how much space does a black video and noise audio take up on youtube servers? transmitted?

for godsake, the people that use these should buy a decent white noise machine

Some of the white noise is way better than anything you get from white noise machines. Just not these ones

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

EVIL Gibson posted:

Some of the white noise is way better than anything you get from white noise machines. Just not these ones
Yeah, you need to find the good stuff.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1786047652125175960?t=vH2Pur9TEJ5ZFgM3pJTGbg&s=19

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i just ignore channels that don't want to tell me what they're talking about. if they're any good someone will post them here.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What I hate more is YouTubers that beat around the bush for 5 minutes getting to the topic of their video. There's a music review guy that kept popping up and he would take what felt like 10 minutes of talking in circles to get to the musician he was featuring. I blocked his videos.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

People should post Links to the video here more. Some of them you can search cause the tile is in the thumbnail but a lot you can't

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
just use image search

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

what's this plugin? would be nice to have as a one click toggle

e: found it https://dearrow.ajay.app/

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

It's apparently really good for the worst click bait type of videos like linus tool tips and Mr beast but for any normal video it just makes the titles worse

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fools Infinite posted:

Yeah, you need to find the good stuff.

I would post my favorite sounds but I refuse to be shamed in my tastes of different flavors of industrial fans :mensch:

Edit: I actually hate rain noise and guess what's most common in white noise machines. :amen:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's apparently really good for the worst click bait type of videos like linus tool tips and Mr beast but for any normal video it just makes the titles worse

Yeah i was looking at my subs and none of them do bad titles. Still though it might be cool if it's a 1 button toggle you can just click for funnies.

Wish there was an addon that did community annotations like dark souls messages. This was a thing back in the day with The Annotated Series.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Putty posted:

Yeah i was looking at my subs and none of them do bad titles. Still though it might be cool if it's a 1 button toggle you can just click for funnies.

Wish there was an addon that did community annotations like dark souls messages. This was a thing back in the day with The Annotated Series.

On the YouTube mobile client, at least, it will flip to comments posted at that point of the video live. Have not noticed it on a lot of vids though

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

People should post Links to the video here more. Some of them you can search cause the tile is in the thumbnail but a lot you can't
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZ7EsCXw6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyH_UE3uqfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAr_4Vwok20

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Finally.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Blessed video

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

I still remember that loving " and Godzooookeeee" to this day.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

and basically, you are loving stupid

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I just do not understand recap channels

Watch the thing , or read a synopsis

All you are doing is robbing yourself of joy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

2.4 million views :eyepop:

The video is over an hour long so it would've made a ton of $$$$ in ad revenue alone, that's crazy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
yes, under standard thumbnail procedure the arrows should be red

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Jestery posted:

I just do not understand recap channels

Watch the thing , or read a synopsis

All you are doing is robbing yourself of joy

I worked a heavy downtime security job with a recap channel guy. He edited his videos all shift. I think he started out trying to make other content, but realized he was making most of his money on recap content. Any sort of regurgitation really. Reading fan fiction, reaction, recap, whatever. He sucked, but in a nice harmless way.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'll admit, I've watched a couple of recap videos for movies I didn't care to watch but wondered what they were about.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Pneub posted:

For the love of god someone feed this man!

Ok, close enough.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Going the LA Beast route. good luck, Mr. Townsend

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/FlatCattCH/status/1786901994323521661?t=uTQyWbeLOnRy9fEUDpGPug&s=19

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If only this would lead to better content in the CG section of the 'Hub

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

You just slam two A-posing models together face first until the baby yoda falls out

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

• Gets the summary across
  • I mean what the gently caress Ricardo?
  • Why'd you have to build that deck?
  • gently caress
  • YOU
  • RICARDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right