Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
All these bear memes and not a single one of them commemorates the greatest bear of all.

Corporal Wojtek, the Polish war bear.

:)7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How did we go from a hat-culture to a non-hat culture? Hat's used to be a default part of your wardrobe, you weren't dressed properly if you didn't have one. And now they're more of an affect, or for specific situations. What was the catalyst that made hats fade from ubiquitous to where we are today.

Hats don't fit under bike helmets, which should account for most people not using them

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wow what technique housecats posses. really inspiring

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Platystemon posted:

This is the MENSA thread, right?

Oh hey it's that club that charges "smart people" to join it, so they can go around claiming to be members of a group of smart people.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BonHair posted:

Hats don't fit under bike helmets, which should account for most people not using them

Perhaps the most incorrect answer possible.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

When men used to routinely wear hats they also routinely slicked their hair down with pomade. If you want a fluffy hair style the hats will give you hat head.

Women often wore hats with an up do, where the hair won't get flattened. Or pinned the hat on top of the hair rather than smashing it down onto the head. Or just wore hats indoors because that wasn't gauche for women (though it could be rude to wear elaborate hats in the theater).

Old timey theaters were lit.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

kuarduck posted:

Oh hey it's that club that charges "smart people" to join it, so they can go around claiming to be members of a group of smart people.

That's not entirely fair. There's a lot of clubs like that, like MBA or CISSP or whatever.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Perhaps the most incorrect answer possible.

Well, it was true for teenage me, so I assume it's universal

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I honestly don't know? Who are the Yov?

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Thanks, it was some kind of 'Top five/ten/whatever creepy things' video with spooky Unsolved Mysteries type music and an English guy narrating in a serious deadpan style. The list items were all ridiculous, but the narrator's delivery was great. I don't remember the details clearly sorry.

Was it British Cryptids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4CwANz4Qas

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

Women should not be lulled into a false sense of complacency when encountering a bear in the woods:

Men are known to use bear camouflage!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah coffee goes right through me too

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Okay okay I will, chill dude, jeeze

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dude, no matter how many weights you lift, Eowyn will never love you.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Thanks, it was some kind of 'Top five/ten/whatever creepy things' video with spooky Unsolved Mysteries type music and an English guy narrating in a serious deadpan style. The list items were all ridiculous, but the narrator's delivery was great. I don't remember the details clearly sorry.

https://youtu.be/dWtP0sGcugo?si=zT0y-xA4Z8lQF3uQ

?

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.

No, sorry. Excellent videos though, thanks for sharing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/fctVxgz.mp4

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

I don't care for this, but you 두유.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Fuoco posted:

두유.

My broken brain saw this as loss

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
.: :;

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Fuoco posted:

I don't care for this, but you 두유.

:vince:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Platystemon posted:

This is the MENSA thread, right?

I actually did read something a long time ago that stated there is a correlation between class and preference for butt girls vs. boob girls. According to the article, boob girls are preferred by the lower class. I know this one is particularly about intelligence but in an incredibly abstract kind of way the mod isn't wrong in allowing that discussion.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
As a proletarian I can assure you I love tits and rear end equally. Big and small.

Feet people are first against the wall, however. Haute and Petit Bourgeois freaks.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Gynophilia is sick poo poo imho

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

BonHair posted:

Gynophilia is sick poo poo imho

w*men 🤢

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Stay mad

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

As opposed to...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Twerking.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lobok posted:

As opposed to...

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Hootin and hollerin

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Firing six-shooters into the air with wild abandon

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How did we go from a hat-culture to a non-hat culture? Hat's used to be a default part of your wardrobe, you weren't dressed properly if you didn't have one. And now they're more of an affect, or for specific situations. What was the catalyst that made hats fade from ubiquitous to where we are today.

I remember someone making the point that the rise of the automobile was to blame. You couldn’t keep your hat on in most cars and there was less need to protect yourself against the elements with point to point transportation, as opposed to taking the train.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Tom Hill is a menace

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Disgusting

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
May the last couple days' meme discourse meld into today's theme:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I Am Crake posted:

I remember someone making the point that the rise of the automobile was to blame. You couldn’t keep your hat on in most cars and there was less need to protect yourself against the elements with point to point transportation, as opposed to taking the train.
hats were meant to keep the literal horse poo poo that was floating homogenously in the air from getting into your hair, because you also didn't wash yourself or your hair as often as we do now

still, good idea to avoid overwashing your hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti