Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1785671058281927078

The whiplash this sent me in seeing Arkham and then Meta Quest 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Exclusive to Metaquest means I'll never play it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a x-com style non licensed superhero game called Capes coming out in late May, hoping it's good

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyone here lucky enough to have gotten into Marvel Rivals.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Anyone here lucky enough to have gotten into Marvel Rivals.

Da fuq is that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Overwatch Marvel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Endless Mike posted:

Da fuq is that

Here some gameplay.

Edit: changed to better gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSQ3ZWbiu2o

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 13, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That...doesn't look fun at all?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's extremely good if you got an early access code and are contractually forbidden from saying anything bad about the game (real)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

site posted:

That...doesn't look fun at all?

Well it's easy bots with a not good player, I just put out the first thing I found without Commentary.

Here is some gameplay with actual people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2z5MEyeQA

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 13, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

It's extremely good if you got an early access code and are contractually forbidden from saying anything bad about the game (real)

I think that got removed (and was only for streamers). It was kind of a dumb move as impressions are very positive from people that didn't even read or know about that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The problem is if you're not playing with a premade team nobody knows what the gently caress they're doing

Nobody wants to play a tank everyone wants to play Iron Man and immediately fly into the entire enemy team and die

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I could play I would be a tank cause Magneto looks fun to me.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Watched a streamer play a few rounds last night. Here's what it looked like:

Iron Man - For a guy wearing armor, he has little defense and does strangely little damage. The guy was probably playing sub-optimally, but Tony was the weakest guy featured by far.
Star Lord - Feels like the better version of Iron Man. Can fly in a similar way, but has more acrobatic dodges and such.
Spider-man - A lot of fun to zip and swing around, but need precise aiming to take advantage of webbing people and then zipping down to punch them. Probably really good if you are in communication with your team.
Punisher - Fairly standard gun guy. Can put down manual turrets as a special and then gets extra armor and guns as the ultimate
Groot - Beefy, has 700HP running solo, but can get an extra 200 if teamed up with someone running Rocket. That's the only team-up mechanic I saw, but it seems kind of janky. Rocket hops on the shoulders of Groot and is kind of a mounted turret, but has no control over where Groot goes running or looking, and seems to be wildly confusing. For example, Rocket may be aiming North trying to line up shots, but if Groot is running back and forth East/West, that's going to throw off Rocket's aim.
Rocket - Has decent heal and support options. I think his ult was a sapping turret that hit multiple enemies in range.
Loki - Can put down a surprising number of fairly durable clones, which seem to be really annoying for the opposing team. Seems good for the area control missions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It has Peni Parker and you'd think she'd be D.Va because she looks just like her but no

Hulk is D.Va

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CzarChasm posted:

Watched a streamer play a few rounds last night. Here's what it looked like:

Iron Man - For a guy wearing armor, he has little defense and does strangely little damage. The guy was probably playing sub-optimally, but Tony was the weakest guy featured by far.
Star Lord - Feels like the better version of Iron Man. Can fly in a similar way, but has more acrobatic dodges and such.
Spider-man - A lot of fun to zip and swing around, but need precise aiming to take advantage of webbing people and then zipping down to punch them. Probably really good if you are in communication with your team.
Punisher - Fairly standard gun guy. Can put down manual turrets as a special and then gets extra armor and guns as the ultimate
Groot - Beefy, has 700HP running solo, but can get an extra 200 if teamed up with someone running Rocket. That's the only team-up mechanic I saw, but it seems kind of janky. Rocket hops on the shoulders of Groot and is kind of a mounted turret, but has no control over where Groot goes running or looking, and seems to be wildly confusing. For example, Rocket may be aiming North trying to line up shots, but if Groot is running back and forth East/West, that's going to throw off Rocket's aim.
Rocket - Has decent heal and support options. I think his ult was a sapping turret that hit multiple enemies in range.
Loki - Can put down a surprising number of fairly durable clones, which seem to be really annoying for the opposing team. Seems good for the area control missions.

So Groot and Rocket are like driving around in a Warthog. Cool.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I have zero interest in marvelwatch, but I hope yall gave fun

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marvelwatch? You mean Uatu?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Game has Magik, so I’m going to end up trying it at some point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah I doubt I'll ever try it but I'm glad it's looking fun. Friend of mine said she had a blast and didn't sign any contracts that would restrict her from saying negative stuff.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Maybe we can get ICR to post a thread so it dies quicker

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Still patiently waiting for my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction remake/sequel god dammit.

Also, a cool Daredevil game.

Or any Daredevil game.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Still patiently waiting for my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction remake/sequel god dammit.

They made this, it was called Prototype

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Game has Magik, so I’m going to end up trying it at some point.

Yeah same. Though I've heard apparently she isn't very good right now, but that looks like it's the case for all melee characters.

Hela and Loki seem to be really OP. Then Dr. Strange, Wanda, Groot, Punisher, Luna, and Star-Lord. At least from what I've seen.

Looks like they will need to do some rebalancing but it looks fun and people seem to be genuinely enjoying it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

BiggerBoat posted:

Thanks for this link. Enjoying this channel.

The Suicide Squad fiasco is amazing.

You have a group of mostly street level villains who carry around boomerangs, baseball bats and one is a giant sharkman but let's give them all guns and make it a loot box game where everyone can (kind of) fly and the main reward is more guns. A SS game in the tradition of Arkham Asylum or even Arkham City might actually work but it seems like developers went "kids really like Fortnight, right? What if we did THAT?"

I just grabbed the two games I mentioned above for cheap and they hold up really well. Take that basic template and divide up the levels in a way where each character is unique with different movesets. If you have to have a huge shootout, save it for the finale and let Deadshot snipe enemies and Boomerang doing boomerang poo poo while Harley and Shark clean up the ground areas.

OnimaruXLR posted:

It amazes me how perma death is a video game mechanic with real history (albeit not particularly popular with the casual audience) and Suicide Squad as a concept is all about the threat of perma-death and somehow the two concepts never did meet, and instead you got some dumb looter shooter thing

Hell the X-Com formula would've been a great fit for Suicide Squad. I would intentionally get the Joker killed! And then maybe you have to do a boss fight where Batman is mad about it
Honestly my dream for a Suicide Squad game is just a Midnight Suns reskin, the whole time I was recently playing Midnight Suns all I could think about was 'man this would be so much better with the Squad than the actual Squad game'.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, a cool Daredevil game.

Or any Daredevil game.

I feel like the problem with a potential DD game is that now that Arkham and Insomniac Spider-Man have done the whole combat thing, and DD's only power would basically be Detective Mode, what would he do to differentiate himself from those games/heroes? Insert Ace Attorney cases at various points? Completely redesign combat system?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean...having a Daredevil game be half Ace Attorney and half action would probably gently caress actually so yeah

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, not going to lie, "Arkham Asylum except the random Riddler CLues and poo poo you have to find are instead things you can use in court" would own.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean...having a Daredevil game be half Ace Attorney and half action would probably gently caress actually so yeah

Oh, make no mistake, I would be totally down but good luck on getting a major studio to make it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also you'd have to have She-Hulk guest star for one case

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah same. Though I've heard apparently she isn't very good right now, but that looks like it's the case for all melee characters.

Hela and Loki seem to be really OP. Then Dr. Strange, Wanda, Groot, Punisher, Luna, and Star-Lord. At least from what I've seen.

Looks like they will need to do some rebalancing but it looks fun and people seem to be genuinely enjoying it.

It is Alpha after all. As someone I watched said the UI and balancing will probably heavily change.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I feel like the problem with a potential DD game is that now that Arkham and Insomniac Spider-Man have done the whole combat thing, and DD's only power would basically be Detective Mode, what would he do to differentiate himself from those games/heroes? Insert Ace Attorney cases at various points? Completely redesign combat system?

Yeah it'd be a silhouetted Sifu game with law cases in them too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Finally the virtual boy will be vindicated when people see a whole game made out of red wireframe

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dear Nintendo please port the virtual boy's library to the switch I don't care if I burn my eyes out I just want to play those games again.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Waffleman_ posted:

With the way Marvel games tend to be scaled it'd be way more likely to be half LA Noire half Arkham, which... mileage may vary on

To be honest I think Daredevil is a bit too dour and melodramatic to be a good fit for a video game, but maybe I just don't like dour and melodramatic video games the way I do comic books that are like that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When I was playing Spider-Man 2, I kept thinking that it might be cool if 3 had a sidequest chain guest starring Daredevil

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

Then don't base it on the Arkham/Spider-Man snap-to animation combat at all.

Base it off of Yakuza! The size of Kamurocho is basically Hell's Kitchen, and you could have an over-the-top brawler with an organized crime story woven throughout, with law firm management and courtroom drama mini-games tacked on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's literally already two of them where you play as a lawyer and solve mysteries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

With the way Marvel games tend to be scaled it'd be way more likely to be half LA Noire half Arkham, which... mileage may vary on

To be honest I think Daredevil is a bit too dour and melodramatic to be a good fit for a video game, but maybe I just don't like dour and melodramatic video games the way I do comic books that are like that

A party sequence as Matt wearing his I'm Not Daredevil sweater.