Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

As much as I’ve learned and enjoyed listening to just Christman, and I do enjoy the other people, I’d pay five bucks a month for the rest of my life knowing he wasn’t going to wind up in the streets with his wife and kid. He’s already done enough. That five bucks ain’t poo poo, but the grill pill changed me forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

selec posted:

As much as I’ve learned and enjoyed listening to just Christman, and I do enjoy the other people, I’d pay five bucks a month for the rest of my life knowing he wasn’t going to wind up in the streets with his wife and kid. He’s already done enough. That five bucks ain’t poo poo, but the grill pill changed me forever

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

it's a weekly Pod Cast that is my light entertainment when I walk my dog. It's not that serious.

Literally. Lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol. They're not your friends man

drat man you sound badass!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Haha that's cool man. I am going to vaporize you with a stinger missile.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Love to listen to podcasts whose content I hate 90% of. I am very smart.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The show is still good and I’ll never understand why some of you still listen. Clearly hate this podcast every single week lol

People can find faults/comment on dips in quality even if they like the thing. If someone genuinely dislike the show, then yeah it's bizarre to listen, but a main member suddenly vanished and – sadly, honestly – good chance they won't come back to doing it so of course people are discussing that?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

yes they are

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I do kind of want to know what FI thinks the awful takes are. I don't know if I can remember one in the last few months that wasn't like "get a load of these evil guys"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

subbing on the patreon just incentivizes more strokes in the future

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

gimmie 3 hours a day of Chapo. the more disinterested and detached the hosts are the better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6HrWevvyHI

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pretty much this. The majority of their takes are lame and/or just plain wrong, but occasionally they'll hit on a rich comedy vein and have me lol'ing (and then I'll steal those takes for conversation with my less irony-poisoned friends). And Hell of Presidents is insanely good.

It's what $5 a month? Not something I notice either way, and I'm happy to contribute in part to the rehab fund for our MVP, the Big Balding Boy, the Christ-Man

They're usually consistently right and they hit at the heart of whatever dumb Russian election hysteria is running through the country whenever they want to. I just want them to do more riffs and be less disinterested.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chapo as the morning show, classic rock from 11-2, and them cumtown classic starting at 3 and running until 9pm

you're listening to the buzzaaaaard

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

The majority of their takes are lame and/or just plain wrong

list 'em

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pretty much this. The majority of their takes are lame and/or just plain wrong, but occasionally they'll hit on a rich comedy vein and have me lol'ing (and then I'll steal those takes for conversation with my less irony-poisoned friends). And Hell of Presidents is insanely good.

It's what $5 a month? Not something I notice either way, and I'm happy to contribute in part to the rehab fund for our MVP, the Big Balding Boy, the Christ-Man

You've been posting in this thread for like a month and you've already amassed a heap of completely negative posts about this show you seem to listen to regularly

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

KoRMaK posted:

Chapo as the morning show, classic rock from 11-2, and them cumtown classic starting at 3 and running until 9pm

you're listening to the buzzaaaaard

it's tj and the f*g in the morning

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

*airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn*

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Post the bad takes, you coward.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

net work error posted:

*airhorn* *airhorn* *airhorn*
no! that's dubstep. we're classic rock

so that means *sick guitar riff*

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

go on a diet you fat bitch

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'll listen to Hell of Presidens through a 4th time before I listen to any of that bad movie take zone

not a movie fan i take it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Post the bad takes, you coward.

i think amber and felix frequently say dumb stuff but i wouldn't say "the majority" of their takes are wrong

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it would be extremely difficult for anyone to record themselves talking for like 500 hours and not have some dumb, off-the-cuff bullshit be included.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Amber’s blanket hostility to all university students is always hilarious. One of my favourite bits.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mesopotamia posted:

People can find faults/comment on dips in quality even if they like the thing. If someone genuinely dislike the show, then yeah it's bizarre to listen, but a main member suddenly vanished and – sadly, honestly – good chance they won't come back to doing it so of course people are discussing that?

That's wild, hey remember when you said no one in the in UK cared about the University protests

Mesopotamia posted:

Every now and then you do get a glimpse for how US and Twitter centric the hosts' view of the world is – "much of the world's attention is on Columbia University" is a mad claim. It's barely been a blip over here. UK news was focused on a bill passing that's going to put undocumented migrants on a plane to Africa, Netherlands on whether there will be a government any time soon.

It makes sense, but it does make me laugh whenever Chapo tries to make claims about anything from a non-US perspective.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If someone says they think a podcast is not as good as you think it is, it’s totally normal to just say you disagree and not be weird about it.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

You HATE chapo trap house don't you? Don't you you little pig?? You HATE them SO MUCH!!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Famethrowa posted:

it's a weekly Pod Cast that is my light entertainment when I walk my dog. It's not that serious.
I take my dog for a 30 min walk every day and the Chapos fill 4/7 of those walks a week and I'm thankful

snoremac fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 2, 2024

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

That's wild, hey remember when you said no one in the in UK cared about the University protests

I sure do, not even sure what angle you’re going for here.

u maad

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I actually don't always hate Chapo movie takes, upon reflection, they're pretty good when they were on Blowback. And Matt's movie takes were usually pretty good (i.e. mostly squib -based ). And the review of Assassin 33 AD got me to watch that pile of garbage which was a good time. It's mostly just Will's desperation to be a high-brow movie guy when he usually has the most pedestrian takes imaginable or just entirely misses the point of a movie, or pronounces on things he hasn't watched because he has received the "correct" opinion from internet. Totally Letterboxd-brained.

Lol that this thread is more parasocially defensive than the Patreon chat tho. Now that's where you go to find the real weirdos who seem to actively despise the show but pay for.it anyway

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Please tell us more about the multiple websites you talk about this podcast on.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Please tell us more about the multiple websites you talk about this podcast on.

Just this one, fwiw. But y'know if you are a paying subscriber to the podcast you will also by default have a username on the Patreon, I don't wish to shock you there

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Alex is funny and it’s nice how Will and Felix laugh at his jokes so much.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Failed Imagineer posted:

I actually don't always hate Chapo movie takes, upon reflection, they're pretty good when they were on Blowback. And Matt's movie takes were usually pretty good (i.e. mostly squib -based ). And the review of Assassin 33 AD got me to watch that pile of garbage which was a good time. It's mostly just Will's desperation to be a high-brow movie guy when he usually has the most pedestrian takes imaginable or just entirely misses the point of a movie, or pronounces on things he hasn't watched because he has received the "correct" opinion from internet. Totally Letterboxd-brained.

Lol that this thread is more parasocially defensive than the Patreon chat tho. Now that's where you go to find the real weirdos who seem to actively despise the show but pay for.it anyway

drat, found the EXACT guy they were making fun of on Movie Mindset

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

totally

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr.Radical posted:

If someone says they think a podcast is not as good as you think it is, it’s totally normal to just say you disagree and not be weird about it.

Definitely what was said.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Danger posted:

drat, found the EXACT guy they were making fun of on Movie Mindset

I guess I'll never know :negative:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Again, making an angry reply to someone who is probably (obviously) just loving with you about a podcast seems to be pretty silly to me. But hey what do I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Definitely what was said.

Try not being weird about this. See what happens.