Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

McCloud posted:

Hey so I don't know if you folks have heard, but vårdförbundet has called for a strike if their demands are not met by June 4th. (Actually, did anyone here even bring up the union issued an overtime and recruitment stop? several weeks ago?)

https://www.vardforbundet.se/engagemang-och-paverkan/aktuellt/nyheter/vardforbundet-varslar-om-strejk-i-fem-regioner/

I am not exactly sure to what extent this is going to affect healthcare services. As far as I can tell, several surgeries and operations have been postponed due to the overtime ban so clearly there's been some consequences, so uh, do your best not to need urgent medical attention in the next couple of weeks/months, I guess!

When the nurses struck in denmark in 21, they went on strike in non essential, and non life threatening treatments.
Icu, acute wards, and emergency departments where still open, as well as psychiatric units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Potrzebie posted:

That's not how it works.

I thought it was obviousI was being facetious since, generally speaking, one doesn't have much influence on when they need to seek urgent medical care. Although assuming that you mean that urgent care services will not be impacted, that depends very much on who you ask.

https://press.newsmachine.com/pressrelease/view/vastra-gotalandsregionen-begar-forhandling-om-samhallsfara-43732

"– Vi måste värna om patienterna och att de får den vård som de behöver. Nu har vi analyserat hur Vårdförbundets strejkvarsel kommer att påverka VGR och bedömer att vi inte kan garantera patienters liv och hälsa. Därmed anser vi att strejken så som varslet är lagt vore samhällsfarlig, säger Kaarina Sundelin, hälso- och sjukvårdsproduktionsdirektör i VGR."

Personally, I think they're full of poo poo and are just using this as a means to undermine the strike and weaken the bargaining position of the unions, but even if they really do believe the strike might endanger patients lives, then that's all the more reason to agree to the reasonable demands that are being made by the unions.

vuk83 posted:

When the nurses struck in denmark in 21, they went on strike in non essential, and non life threatening treatments.
Icu, acute wards, and emergency departments where still open, as well as psychiatric units.

Right, it's the same deal here. The strike is meant to only affect non-urgent care, though that doesn't stop the counties from claiming otherwise.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I still want the nurses to partner up with the garbage collectors, so the nurses effectively pay the garbage collectors to go on strike on their behalf. No one dies, nothing stops working except something that is not really critical in the short term but very annoying.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

BonHair posted:

I still want the nurses to partner up with the garbage collectors, so the nurses effectively pay the garbage collectors to go on strike on their behalf. No one dies, nothing stops working except something that is not really critical in the short term but very annoying.

*coughs in norwegian* pick a different employment group to join up with, i beg you

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

McCloud posted:

I thought it was obviousI was being facetious since, generally speaking, one doesn't have much influence on when they need to seek urgent medical care. Although assuming that you mean that urgent care services will not be impacted, that depends very much on who you ask.

https://press.newsmachine.com/pressrelease/view/vastra-gotalandsregionen-begar-forhandling-om-samhallsfara-43732

"– Vi måste värna om patienterna och att de får den vård som de behöver. Nu har vi analyserat hur Vårdförbundets strejkvarsel kommer att påverka VGR och bedömer att vi inte kan garantera patienters liv och hälsa. Därmed anser vi att strejken så som varslet är lagt vore samhällsfarlig, säger Kaarina Sundelin, hälso- och sjukvårdsproduktionsdirektör i VGR."

Personally, I think they're full of poo poo and are just using this as a means to undermine the strike and weaken the bargaining position of the unions, but even if they really do believe the strike might endanger patients lives, then that's all the more reason to agree to the reasonable demands that are being made by the unions.

Right, it's the same deal here. The strike is meant to only affect non-urgent care, though that doesn't stop the counties from claiming otherwise.

We're on the same page, I just didn't catch the tone.