Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Natalie Elphicke’s defection from the Conservatives to Labour – The MP for Dover has followed Dan Poulter in switching political allegiance"

Telegraph:

Eurovision ‘regret’ as singers take the stage in Palestinian scarfs

Matt:

Garrick Club to allow female members for first time; Stormy Daniels says sexual encounter with Donald Trump left her ‘shaking’

Independent:

Natalie Elphicke: Labour face angry backlash over Tory defector’s ‘gaslighting’ women’s rights record

Times:

After Velázquez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
What the gently caress Matt

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Joe Biden’s threat to withhold some weapons sales to Israel – The US president has warned Benjamin Neyanyahu that his administration will not provide the weapons for an offensive on Rafah"

Telegraph:

"Natalie Elphicke’s bizarre defection - If the Government’s failure to reduce Channel crossings was behind the decision, why join the party almost guaranteed to make it worse?"

Matt:

Lord Kinnock leads backlash against Starmer over Tory defection

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Revealed: How the Tories blew the London mayoral election

Stephen Collins:

Eurovision 2024 - GBS thread

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Davey, on the off chance you read this thread, please work on your Starmer some more - it's not quite there yet

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on small boats and the Eurovision song contest – British politicians seem to be competing to see whose rhetoric over turning back migrants can be the harshest"

Telegraph:

Hunt urges Bailey not to cut interest rates too quickly

Matt:

What Dover really thinks of its hardline Tory MP switching to Labour

Independent:

After Walter Sickert and Lulu.

The i paper:

What the UK leaving recession means for your money

Times:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Two timely and Eurovision-relevant references to songs from 29 and 34 years ago, neither of which even from a participating country

and 55 years ago, though at least this song was actually on eurovision i guess

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chris Riddell on Britain and the US hiding from the reality of Gaza – Confronted with devastation in the Middle East, the west can only mouth platitudes"

Sunday Telegraph:

Britons gaze up in wonder as Northern Lights illuminate the world

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Labour draws up ‘defection watch’ list of Tories to target

Mail on Sunday:

Real life pub from Baby Reindeer is flooded with a string of hilarious reviews following Netflix show - but furious staff are telling new customers to 'go away'

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Davey, on the off chance you read this thread, please work on your Starmer some more - it's not quite there yet

His face looks like he's smushing it up against a pane of glass

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on looking up at the night sky in Britain, Ukraine and Gaza – While Britons feast their eyes on the aurora borealis, the people of Ukraine and Gaza see the aurora of war"

Telegraph:

Top Boy beats Happy Valley and The Crown in double Bafta win

Times:

Labour resists calls to investigate Natalie Elphicke ‘lobbying’ claims

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak on election footing as he tells voters to trust Tories to keep them safe

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s dire prophecies for the next five years – The prime minister has kickstarted his election campaign with warnings about war, immigration and AI"

Telegraph:

Putin sacks Russian defence minister Sergei Shoigu

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London's Airbnb Wild West: Capital 'hollowed out' by short-term lets eroding private rental market

David Squires:
"David Squires on … Tottenham’s new fans and other end-of-season surprises - Our cartoonist on the Premier League doing strange things to mascots (and people) as it nears its finale"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Keir Starmer’s meeting with unions on workers’ rights - The talks come amid divisions over whether the proposals have been watered down since they were first proposed by Labour’s deputy leader, Angela Rayner."

Telegraph:

Ukraine forced to retreat from new front lines; ‘Free world is with you’: Antony Blinken plays guitar in Kyiv bar

Times:

‘Up to’ 28 ships and submarines to be built under Tory plans, says Grant Shapps

Evening Standard:

First official portrait of King Charles since coronation unveiled

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak keeping children safe – The prime minister as a stork: would you trust him with your infant?"

Telegraph:

King unveils first portrait since Coronation

Matt:

Schools must not teach gender ideology under new government sex education plans

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer vows to tackle London's huge social divides as he unveils six 'First Step' election pledges

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Keir Starmer’s ‘first steps for change’ – The party leader puts his key pledges ‘up in lights’ to win over swing voters in the general election"

Telegraph:

Starmer is serial promise breaker, Tories warn after Labour pledge launch

Matt:

‘Boil your water’ warning as parasite causes outbreak of vomiting and diarrhoea in South Devon

Independent:

Starmer’s pledge cards mark return to Blair-era campaigning

Times:

Keir Starmer unveils plan for Britain: ‘This is different to 1997’

Evening Standard:

Rachel Reeves says she'll work with Sadiq Khan to help fix Hammersmith Bridge if Chancellor (but doesn't pledge new cash)

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on climate change, and the price of olive oil – Drought last year in Europe forced prices up – and with global heating continuing, they are unlikely to come down again"

Telegraph:

Theresa May believes her election woes show there is still hope for Sunak to defy polls

Matt:

Independent:

Putin and Xi Jinping claim their ‘unprecedented partnership’ is a stabilising influence at Beijing talks After EH Shepard.

The i paper:

No sex education in schools until children are nine, new guidance expected to say

Times:

Zelensky pleads with Blinken for US help to defend Ukraine by air

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chris Riddell on Russia’s advance on Kharkiv – It may be wounded but, with China’s backing, the bear is feeling bullish"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Up to 23,000 criminals will escape jail under Government plans to scrap short sentences

Sunday Times:

The Sunday Times Rich List 2024 revealed

Mail on Sunday:

South West Water's response to parasite outbreak is 'contemptible and incompetent', blasts Devon MP as he says 'heads are going to roll' with thousands of homes still banned from drinking tap water

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the infected blood inquiry report – As publication looms, the government is under pressure to fully compensate families affected by the scandal"

Telegraph:

10 things not to miss at the Chelsea Flower Show

Times:

Fury vs Usyk result: Ukrainian wins split decision – as it happened

Evening Standard:

Infected blood scandal: 1,000s of victims knowingly exposed to 'unacceptable' risks, scathing report reveals

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the twin scandals of contaminated blood and the Post Office – Two of the year’s most shocking stories have involved victims and families fighting for many years against the establishment – what other scandals need to emerge?"

Telegraph:

Iranian president and foreign minister killed in helicopter crash

Matt:

Chelsea Flower Show: Best Show Garden and medal winners revealed – plus vote for your favourite

Times:

Evening Standard:

Fixing NHS crisis is Britain’s immediate top priority for Sir Keir Starmer if he becomes PM - new poll

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a litany of very British scandals – A scheme to compensate UK victims of the contaminated blood tragedy and their families by the end of the year has been announced"

Telegraph:

Ministers refuse to use tribute to Iranian president drawn up by Foreign Office staff

Matt:

Police told to make fewer arrests because prisons are getting full; Venice’s tourist tax scheme has ‘resoundingly failed’

Times:

Inflation falls to 2.3% and points to August interest rate cut

Evening Standard:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS! :siren:
It's on! Rishi Sunak takes gamble by calling general election for 4 July
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nkuxVZ0qPE

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Paula Vennells’ appearance at the Post Office Horizon IT inquiry – The former chief executive admitted errors were made in bringing court cases against subpostmasters"

Telegraph:

‘Himalayan mountain to climb’ and a ‘suicide mission’: How the world’s press reacted to Sunak’s election call

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s pitch to the people – The Conservative party leader’s first day on the election trail is marked by foot-in-mouth moments and Tory fury"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Household energy bills to fall by £122 from July as Ofgem announces new price cap

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the great pre-election ‘wash-up’ – The prorogation of parliament yesterday for the campaign period has meant abandoning key pieces of government legislation"

Telegraph:

Boost for landlords as Tories shelve no-fault evictions ban

Matt:

Sunak’s smoking ban at risk of being shelved after he calls election

The i paper:

Times:

78 Tory MPs to stand down before general election — as it happened

Guardian Australian Sport: