Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
You can already have some jojo type poo poo happen in game. I once had such high qn/ms and a pumped Time Dilation that I could almost move in stopped time. A normality anchored templar shield slamming me was the protagonist of that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Would FULLY buy a wrestling DLC yeah

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Is there a way to sort your skills page? Like, once you take tinkering or something, can you move it up the page?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i thought it already did that

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Unormal posted:

lol and also extreme lmao if you think we're adding WW the wrestling dimension for free

name yer goddamned price

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Subjunctive posted:

name yer goddamned price

ayyyy

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

verbal enema posted:

i thought it already did that

It did, but it doesn't seem to in the beta UI - I'll have to check, but I think it's only rearranging them from a save - I also noticed If I start a new character after one dies without closing Qud, it kept the same skill trees open from before on the new char. If that makes sense.

But yeah, pre-beta it pretty much did that, which is why it stands out more, maybe.

E: Yeah, see - if I load the character I was playing up from last night, it's moved every group unlocked up to the top, like it used to, but last night I was having to scroll right down to the bottom for, say, tinkering

Edit edit: > thanks Unormal :)

Wolfechu fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 19, 2024

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Its a (tracked) bug.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Please bring back the folding chair teleport shenanigans and let me be a quantum luchador

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'll buy the wrestling DLC only if I can do this with the four arms mutation

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 19, 2024

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

verbal enema posted:

i'll pay good money for that no jokes here

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Unormal posted:

lol and also extreme lmao if you think we're adding WW the wrestling dimension for free

very excited for the upcoming catgirl wrestling DLC

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wrestling DLC with SAW crossover

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
We'll know Qud has hit the bigtime when a pro wrestler dresses up as a snapjaw or urshiib for an event.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
bah gawd, is that an extradimensional masterwork folding chair???

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
I really feel like something very near to the relic name generator and the Sultan history generator would be great for naming moves and creating unique wrestler backstories

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Half of Dracula posted:

You can already have some jojo type poo poo happen in game. I once had such high qn/ms and a pumped Time Dilation that I could almost move in stopped time. A normality anchored templar shield slamming me was the protagonist of that scene

All Roguelikes should have Stand user classes. That's not an unreasonable ask imo, but for some reason it appears none of them do

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

All Roguelikes should have Stand user classes. That's not an unreasonable ask imo, but for some reason it appears none of them do

Oblivion Override has a robot body that does

huh I can't think of a turn based one though

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

When you think about it we're all just Resheph's stand.

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

victrix posted:

Oblivion Override has a robot body that does

huh I can't think of a turn based one though

TOME4 has a 'Solipsist' class that can create and remotely control a thoughtform, which in practice is basically this? unfortunately it's kind of butt

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Unormal posted:

That's perfectly reasonable to add via DLC. An unarmed skillset is unlikely to obsolete the already very diverse list of combat styles, so I don't anticipate it being viewed as a pay-to-win button.

Definitely very supportive of this idea, since I looove the positional and disarming fuckery that wrestling skills in these types of games often enable. It's also really cool from a flavor perspective.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

season pass when

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Battlepass.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Battlepass except in exceptionally purple prose.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wiegieman posted:

Prattlepass

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

wiegieman posted:

but do we get a 'trash talk' command to drag the opponent to the Elemental Plane of Discourse and bombard them with unintelligible procedural word salad until they melt?

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Manichean geas

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

silentsnack posted:

but do we get a 'trash talk' command to drag the opponent to the Elemental Plane of Discourse and bombard them with unintelligible procedural word salad until they melt?

The ultimate Wrestling Skill ability is Cut A Promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
It's kind of sweet to imagine that a common form of entertainment among the various factions in Qud might be itinerant wrestling shows. Like the Stable Trotters but they're horrible wrestling mutants