Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

honda whisperer posted:

BUT! A 2016 civic sedan isn't a good drag racing platform long term. Especially with a cvt. Every dollar you throw at it could go towards a car better suited to drag racing. I'd rather have a nice daily and a poo poo box toy than a heavily modded daily. I had a heavily modded daily. It was a civic. It was miserable. It didn't start there but one mod here, another there. Next thing I know my commuter has a half cage, konis, poly bushings, it's gutted, no a/c, etc. Great at the track and hell for 99% of its miles.

I'd run it stock, you'll make the friends anyway. Try other motorsports too. Look up autocross and track days (hpde). Hell even time speed distance rally (tsd). If any really resonate with you pick a car suited for that and go ham.

This is good to know! I’ve already swapped out the rims(the OG rims rusted out and the plastic hubcaps were all scraped up). So I’m on the precipice of repeating your journey.

I’m trying to keep my car goals pretty basic because I don’t really have deep pockets or the time. If I stumble across a lovely car for cheap, I should just focus on turning that into a thing. Got it. Thanks everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU