Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sardonik posted:

I heard a surprisingly on point story on KUT yesterday debunking the outside agitator trope. Definitely felt related to this discourse.

Is KUT considered untrustworthy these days??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

only jennifer stayton giving the time and temp every three minutes during rush hour

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 3, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bova deez nuts

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Sardonik posted:

I heard a surprisingly on point story on KUT yesterday debunking the outside agitator trope. Definitely felt related to this discourse.

I believe this is the text version.

KUT posted:

On Wednesday, [Delia] Garza told KUT the university's statement — and its insistence that demonstrators had "guns, buckets of large rocks, bricks, steel-enforced wood planks, mallets and chains" — was "interesting."

“It’s concerning … we work in the world of evidence and facts, and we have not seen a single weapons charge or an assault charge," she said.

Garza, whose office prosecutes misdemeanors, said she has asked UT Austin to reexamine its policy of arresting protesters for criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor similar to loitering, calling it "unsustainable." The protests have led to nearly 140 arrests for misdemeanors.

People are legally allowed to carry a weapon on campus. However, if they're committing a crime, like criminal trespassing, they could be arrested for unlawful carrying of a weapon, a misdemeanor.

Garza said after reading UT Austin's statement Tuesday, she expected to see some of that reflected in arrest affidavits from the University of Texas Police Department, the arresting agency. She didn't.

"I don't know why they are saying that," she said.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

guns and chains? sounds like their definition of 'demonstrator' includes the cops

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

only jennifer stayton giving the time and temp every three minutes during rush hour

Except during pledge drive, when she's reminding you that no where else provides great reporting like the time and temperature every three minutes. That's right Jennifer, I'm Hawk Mendenhall, associate director of programming here at KUT, and you won't find the time and temperature every three minutes anywhere else but KUT. It's a service you use, shouldn't you pay for it?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I thought his name was Hog

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

lobster shirt posted:

bova deez nuts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Except during pledge drive, when she's reminding you that no where else provides great reporting like the time and temperature every three minutes. That's right Jennifer, I'm Hawk Mendenhall, associate director of programming here at KUT, and you won't find the time and temperature every three minutes anywhere else but KUT. It's a service you use, shouldn't you pay for it?

it's the worst. stop being so chipper at 6am

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1786463502896365912

So what did Azerbaijan get for 600k

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at least it's not a gold brick like menendez

who knows about their targets but if there was any tamping-down of the US response to the azeri invasion of armenia, it was probably money well spent

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

3 days ago, radio host Jeff Ward went off on Greg Abbott for the poor handling of the protests. Both the hypocrisy on free speech and that this is the same DPS Director who was in charge at the time of Uvalde who lied and nothing happened to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA9VEZp03xA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA9VEZp03xA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thanks for posting that. i tried to keep up with him when he left klbj but it's way harder, especially in those snippets instead of a four-hour show

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jeff Ward is a human miracle - he can make one topic last hours and hours.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i call old people 'bluehairs' because of him and i was a doctrinaire libertarian because of him from eighth grade through high school

also one of these days i'm going to accidentally refer to my old-old boss at work as "carole keeton rylander rylander strayhorn mclellan" and someone's gonna get mad

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

thanks for posting that. i tried to keep up with him when he left klbj but it's way harder, especially in those snippets instead of a four-hour show

Well he's on 102.7 from 3-6 now. Today's show just started actually.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Jiro posted:

loving finally.

He'll still be re-elected.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Well he's on 102.7 from 3-6 now. Today's show just started actually.

yeah but i watch way too much twitch now

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Who the hell is Jeff Ward

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger wants to know who is the alderman of Jeff Ward

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

Who the hell is Jeff Ward

marketing prof at UT who had a radio show on the bad station for twenty years before klbj purged the non-trump people

he's a libertarian who thinks it's more fun to punch right than left so he's somewhat rare

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

marketing prof at UT who had a radio show on the bad station for twenty years before klbj purged the non-trump people

he's a libertarian who thinks it's more fun to punch right than left so he's somewhat rare

They're called Gen Xers

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Jiro posted:

They're called Gen Xers

gently caress you

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jiro posted:

They're called Gen Xers

Lol

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
He was also UT’s kicker in the mid-80s

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Jeff Ward believes government's only role should be to improve the traffic in Austin and it should stay out of everyone else's business otherwise.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

zoux posted:

Badger wants to know who is the alderman of Jeff Ward

Hehehe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What do you guys do with the lettuce and diced tomatoes “salad” that comes as garnish on like every plate of mexican food

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Mix it in with the rice and beans

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

zoux posted:

What do you guys do with the lettuce and diced tomatoes “salad” that comes as garnish on like every plate of mexican food

You put it in your tacos.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Jiro posted:

They're called Gen Xers

:drat:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

You put it in your tacos.

well, now i know what i want for dinner

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

zoux posted:

I had a coworker who would tell the server to not add it to his plate.

I would put it and remaining food scraps on the tortillas to make taco type things.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Jiro posted:

Is KUT considered untrustworthy these days??

Well not them specifically but they are part of the Nice Polite Republicans family. :hmmyes:

Admittedly given what cable news has been doing with the I/P situation NPR are a breath of fresh air.

E2: Until this Larry Summers interview holy poo poo gently caress this guy

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 4, 2024

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

zoux posted:

Request it not be added. If that’s ignored, hope it doesn’t touch any of the actual food. If it did, trim away the infected areas and set them aside, because the hint of lettuce flavor it leaves behind is absolutely disgusting.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

insane. get the enchilada suiza plate and just start shoveling that slop down your gullet, regardless of substance

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/CAKitchener/status/1786391444066123923

And here we go

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

zoux posted:

Grab it barehanded and open palm slap it into my gullet.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

personally I frown on trying to start holy wars in this here subforum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

chglcu posted:

Request it not be added. If that’s ignored, hope it doesn’t touch any of the actual food. If it did, trim away the infected areas and set them aside, because the hint of lettuce flavor it leaves behind is absolutely disgusting.

see what you did zoux