Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

A lot of effort for minimal rewards indeed. Not bothering to dedicate any builders to grind tokens until I'm maxed out. It's nice for fully maxxed players I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008
I agree with other's first impression but its a supercell game so a full progression is going to take at least a year. Probably more depending on how much higher end upgrades cost. We are basically starting out at TH1... when you think of it like that, 5 TH1 level attacks for 2.5m gold in your main base isn't that bad.

EDIT: what was a lot of effort? Only thing that seemed like a lot of effort was base design... and the people in your clan who like to spend time designing bases will design. Otherwise you could just rip 5 attacks in a row and be done if you wanted.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

What I meant is that the effort:reward ratio is really bad. You can indded just do the 5 attacks quick enough, but you gain virtually nothing from it.

Levelling the base by keeping builders busy at the forge is just totally not worth it if you aren’t maxed out already.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

LochNessMonster posted:

What I meant is that the effort:reward ratio is really bad. You can indded just do the 5 attacks quick enough, but you gain virtually nothing from it.

Levelling the base by keeping builders busy at the forge is just totally not worth it if you aren’t maxed out already.

This definitely seems to be geared heavily towards max or near max players. As one of those, I don't really mind driving my otherwise wasted DE towards something.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So they really couldn’t find anywhere to go with builder base huh?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Good, it wasn't really fun IMO.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I liked it

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It's a fun side thing that got abandoned way to fast. I like the reusable hero power on the builder robot but the dude needed more levels added years ago. He feels so weak for a hero unit.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The fact that he ignores everything just to path to the crushers is completely amazing. I absolutely love the programmer who coded his targeting logic.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
My clan just found out you can attack your own clan Capitol by doing challenges like with your regular base.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Can't recall if I posted it a while back but I was curious on if there was a good site for finding good base builds anymore?
It appears that a bunch of the old sites in the OP are gone. I need stuff for war bases and just regular bases. Thanks so much!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I love this war base:

https://link.clashofclans.com/en?action=OpenLayout&id=TH14%3AWB%3AAAAALQAAAAHpvGjSmlSQxuDfZyAgRE_g

No one knows how to attack it because it’s really stupid. Most wars, some TH11 will throw everything at the TH and get a 0, maybe a 1. It’s pretty rare that I get 3-started by a TH14 too. I love it.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I love this war base:

https://link.clashofclans.com/en?action=OpenLayout&id=TH14%3AWB%3AAAAALQAAAAHpvGjSmlSQxuDfZyAgRE_g

No one knows how to attack it because it’s really stupid. Most wars, some TH11 will throw everything at the TH and get a 0, maybe a 1. It’s pretty rare that I get 3-started by a TH14 too. I love it.

Thank ya. Idunno what TH it uses but once I get to it I'll try to use it. Can't import it because either my TH is too high or low. I'm at TH10 currently.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ahh, yeah it's a nearly-maxed TH14 base.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I love this war base:

Gave it a try (as nearly maxed TH14). So far just a 26% 1 star attack from a TH13 with non maxed troops.

Will keep it around and see how it holds up in CWL

Edit: got 3 starred the 2nd attempt, by a max th14.

LochNessMonster fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 18, 2022

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Welp. It's been a long time, dudes - but I'm back!
Three friends and I all decided to pick the game up again, and we'd like to make a Goon Clan our home. I'm starting over as a fresh TH8, and my buddies are a 7, an 11, and a 5.
I scoped out 2poor4gems and SHOWMEYOURPEKKA, but it's hard to tell their true activity levels when the month *just* rolled over. That being said, I guess I'd better set my expectations low, given this thread's only added a handful of pages in the last few years.

Fingers crossed - here's my new Friend Code: #QRCYUCY9C. I'll bring the others with me when an invite arrives.
I know we're little baby bases right now, but we're still hoping to get in on some wars. (A lot of wars, actually.) I'm a since-launch veteran, and I'll be guiding the two lower guys in the basics of funneling, CC Luring, and whatever else they need until they can Clash on their own two feet. I'm also super interested in the new Clan Capital Raids, which seem fun, cool, and different!

However, in the event I'm just too late and everyone's moved on - I'll leave some keepsakes in the thread... you know, like flowers. On a grave.

Remember this thing? It's what the thread's named after! I'll always be proud of my little contribution to Goon Clashing.

Ahhh, just look at it go. Bye-bye, little dragons! You've only got 20 seconds to live!

Oh man, I miss being able to set taunt bases on War Prep Day. I had so many good ones...

There was Steven...

And Sans...

And who could forget Rick?? Miss you always, buddy!

Tears in rain, I suppose.
...but from a little rain - a new sprout grows?

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I wouldn’t describe ShowMeYourPekka as “very active” but it’s not too bad and it’s the most active of all the goon clans AFAICT.
You’re more than welcome, make a request and say something about SA in your text.
Friend invite sent...

Forum Joe fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 31, 2022

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Ayyy! I'm in!
Now: We gonna do War League tomorrow? Really itchin' to GoWiPe the floor with some poor suckers again. :c00lbutt:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’ve used Pickle Rick as a war base for like 2 years now and love it.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Hey dudes. My (also lowbie) buddies want to join a clan where we can participate in wars.
It's been awesome to be here with ya'll for a bit, but I'll have to come back when I can compete at the upper levels again.

Clash On, guys. I'll be back in another while...

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Forum Joe posted:

I wouldn’t describe ShowMeYourPekka as “very active” but it’s not too bad and it’s the most active of all the goon clans AFAICT.
You’re more than welcome, make a request and say something about SA in your text.
Friend invite sent...

oh my god it is still around!?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Hey this is just gonna be a shot in the dark but does anyone remember Rush Wars? That supercell game that basically lasted only a few months in beta before they canned it?

I've been looking for a game that fills that niche but I don't think one exists right now. It was basically a Clash of Clans style game but much smaller scale, and your offensive and defensive options rotated randomly every few days so that the defence and offence strategy was never an already "solved" problem. It was nice being able to come up with your own defence strategy for once and also coming up against varied and different defences when you went out to raid

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

asked before in the supercell goons discord, but would anyone in SHOWMEYOURPEKKA mind lowering the trophy minimum or inviting "floppyspud"? 950 is fine if you just lower the minimum

only town hall 7 but am fine with the downsides that come with that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

floppyspud posted:

asked before in the supercell goons discord, but would anyone in SHOWMEYOURPEKKA mind lowering the trophy minimum or inviting "floppyspud"? 950 is fine if you just lower the minimum

only town hall 7 but am fine with the downsides that come with that.

I lowered the minimum, come on in!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

RCarr posted:

I lowered the minimum, come on in!

Applied, thanks.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Someone update me on clan wars plz

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

EvilElmo posted:

Someone update me on clan wars plz

Wdym? They're still here

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

floppyspud posted:

Wdym? They're still here

I think he means mark him IN.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Oh i mean like.. it's changed a lot since I was last playing...

Can anyone join the war? or is it better that until im high TH I should just stay out of em?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

EvilElmo posted:

Oh i mean like.. it's changed a lot since I was last playing...

Can anyone join the war? or is it better that until im high TH I should just stay out of em?

Oh ok. Yeah people don't like having a huge difference between the top players and bottom A
Players when it comes to the town hall level because you dont always get equal opponents when theres a large gap. So yeah, it's probably best to be a fairly high th.

This is coming from a th 8, who sadly doesn't really get to fight in clan wars, but it's still far better than not being in a clan.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Are the base setups in the OP still the best?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Probably not.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Nope.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Any good sites to find them?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

EvilElmo posted:

Any good sites to find them?

The two ones I've heard of are:

https://clashofclans-layouts.com/

And

https://www.clasher.us/

(The latter also does some more stuff)

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

Finally hit TH11 after god knows how long. The building has just gotten slower and slower to complete. But I'm FINALLY starting to get the cool poo poo.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Barnes And Body Works posted:

Finally hit TH11 after god knows how long. The building has just gotten slower and slower to complete. But I'm FINALLY starting to get the cool poo poo.

I rushed 12.

Now I'm slowly updating everything.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

EvilElmo posted:

I rushed 12.

Now I'm slowly updating everything.

12 that important to get? I've just been upgrading stuff like crazy for 11, but if it's a drastic help to me I'll upgrade to 12 ASAP.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Barnes And Body Works posted:

12 that important to get? I've just been upgrading stuff like crazy for 11, but if it's a drastic help to me I'll upgrade to 12 ASAP.

Nah just wanted to rush then upgrade rather then upgrade everything before I hit a new TH. I'm enjoying raids more than anything else. So want to get to the point where I can just add more capital coins to upgrades. So I'll probably keep rushing TH until I'm maxed. Also in the other village I'm working on getting him free to build in my home town as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

EvilElmo posted:

Nah just wanted to rush then upgrade rather then upgrade everything before I hit a new TH. I'm enjoying raids more than anything else. So want to get to the point where I can just add more capital coins to upgrades. So I'll probably keep rushing TH until I'm maxed. Also in the other village I'm working on getting him free to build in my home town as well.

He becomes free eventually?