Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/NimblewNumbers/status/1786305999323684973

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
i see that guy on the tv at the gym and i swear to god they pick the dudes who look like the most degenerate gamblers to be on those shows

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mike_V posted:

i see that guy on the tv at the gym and i swear to god they pick the dudes who look like the most degenerate gamblers to be on those shows
Would it surprise you to know, then, that he has made appearances at professional poker events?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is incredible, and exactly what I would hope for out of a written postcard.

https://twitter.com/PhdTide/status/1786920524230033660

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I’ve been trying for years now to figure out who he reminded me of and goddamn that’s perfect lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/espnpr/status/1787823961507541080?s=46

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the actual first step is next tuesday

https://x.com/espnpr/status/1787876348217671774?s=46

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Read: ESPN wants to blow a bunch of cash at Mohegan Sun and Mandalay Bay thanks to jacked up WNBA ad rates.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Island Nation posted:

Read: ESPN wants to blow a bunch of cash at Mohegan Sun and Mandalay Bay thanks to jacked up WNBA ad rates.

How much you're gonna pay for stand-lone ESPN's gonna depend on how well they do at the tables this week.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

C. Everett Koop posted:

How much you're gonna pay for stand-lone ESPN's gonna depend on how well they do at the tables this week.

$20.99 a month because someone in Bristol can't do advantage play.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The one week a month where they pay you fifty cents to watch is gonna rule though.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rick posted:

The one week a month where they pay you fifty cents to watch is gonna rule though.

And that month is gonna be August when there ain't poo poo going on but the LLWS.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/cclark_13/status/1788197776838328370

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I miss sports on local broadcasters

The KCAL 9 broadcasts of Lakers games were great and not just because a childhood friend's dad was the broadcast director

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
YOur friend's dad made me a basketball fan so thank you to him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Glumslinger posted:

I miss sports on local broadcasters

The KCAL 9 broadcasts of Lakers games were great and not just because a childhood friend's dad was the broadcast director

Yea it really sucks for cord cutters. The RSN’s seem to be the only group of cable channels not offering some sort of streaming alternative. ESPN, TBS, TNT, and CBS all have options. I’ve watched like three Cubs games over the last year because everything is on Marquee. I used to catch 1-2 games a week because they’d split their games between WGN and NBC/Comcast Sportsnet.

I’m still holding out the faintest of hopes that enough people will ditch cable to actually entice local networks to pick up sports again. Not holding my breath though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Looks like Netflix is going to get the loving NFL Christmas day games.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God the NHL cares so hilariously little about their televised product

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1789872763869520128/history

E: Deeper dive here. TNT have remote announcers for games in Canada. ESPN's using remote production but sending talent on-site to their games.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Roku/status/1790103621519937714

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The balkanization of sports is insane. My grandparents don't have internet and just stick with DirectTV. I've gotten in the habit of printing and annotating schedules for teams/ leagues he cares about, highlighting the channels he has access to.

Nipped the NCAA TruTV scramble in the bud before it became a problem!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This is going to lead to a return of a lot of people sailing on the seven seas.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Why would you pirate free IPTV?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Why would you pirate free IPTV?
Because I didn't think about it :colbert:

Also there's been a bit of a crackdown on IPTV globally.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 14, 2024

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

New 30 for 30s dropping:

Awful Announcing posted:

The schedule starts with I’m Just Here for the Riot, which was announced in March 2023. This film airs on June 4 at 7:30 p.m. ET and focuses on the riotous aftermath of the Vancouver Canucks’ Stanley Cup Final loss to the Boston Bruins in 2011.

False Positive premieres on June 11 at 7 p.m. ET and explores track star Butch Reynolds and his false positive drug test in 1990. Details about this film were reported on last month.

No Scope: The Story of FaZe Clan premieres on July 1 at 7 p.m. ET. This previously unannounced doc is esports-centric, throwing the spotlight onto FaZe Clan “and the remarkable series of ups and downs that have defined that story and its characters over the last decade-plus.”

American Son is the Michael Chang 30 for 30 that was originally announced back in September 2022. Debuting on July 29 at 7 p.m. ET, the film explores “Chang’s upbringing shaped by his family’s immigrant experience, his rapid rise in the tennis world, and the challenges he overcame to achieve success.”

Finally, we’re getting Dude Perfect: A Very Long Shot at 9:30 p.m. ET on August 3. This film was reported in March and debuted at the Dallas International Film Fest in April. It “traces the meteoric rise” of Dude Perfect and “explores the challenges and sacrifices” of the business.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

DJExile posted:

New 30 for 30s dropping:

Just going to say we don't need a story about Dude Perfect.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah that and the faze clan ones feel super unnecessary. Faze clan particularly feels like something that's been litigated and re-told plenty of times on YouTube.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the timing if the canucks make the finals

https://x.com/espnpr/status/1790481936458170832?s=46

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Also the 30 for 30's were largely uneven to begin with but the fact that they kept the moniker is smart, but the majority of the releases have been completely by the books and not particularly interesting documentaries.

This sounds so loving lame:

“Dude Perfect: A Very Long Shot” traces the meteoric rise of a group of friends from College Station, Texas, whose backyard antics evolved into a global sports-comedy phenomenon. Beginning with their humble origins filming trick shots for YouTube, the documentary delves into the journeys of Tyler Toney, Coby Cotton, Cory Cotton, Garrett Hilbert, and Cody Jones as their group, Dude Perfect, became a cultural phenomenon with a massive media following, a live tour, and ambitious dreams of an amusement park. The film highlights key moments in their trajectory, including reclaiming a Guinness World Record for the “tallest shot” by launching a basketball from the top of the Strat Tower in Las Vegas. Beyond the laughs and daring feats, it explores the challenges and sacrifices behind building Dude Perfect as a business and sustaining their camaraderie amidst growing success. As the group faces hurdles and pushes boundaries, their story resonates as a testament to teamwork, ambition, and the captivating drama that mirrors the best narratives in sports
Directed by Oliver Anderson and Louis Burgdorf. Executive Produced by ESPN Films and Words + Pictures.

Pushes boundaries

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That honestly sounds like the dude perfect guys paid for it

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
My entire knowledge of Dude Perfect is they randomly show up at some intermission or halftime thing, it is apparent instantly they are loving terrible, to which everyone groans and mutes their TV or complains in a GDT.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I have never heard of Dude Perfect and shan't be learning more

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jackie D posted:

I have never heard of Dude Perfect and shan't be learning more
Same

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

A 30-minute infomercial for Dude Perfect. This is the state of media in 2024.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DJExile posted:

New 30 for 30s dropping:

I was in Vancouver a week after the riots when they lost the cup and all I can is that title is perfect

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
is that their real names? they have a Coby, a Cory, and a Cody?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DJExile posted:

New 30 for 30s dropping:

quote:

The schedule starts with I’m Just Here for the Riot, which was announced in March 2023. This film airs on June 4 at 7:30 p.m. ET and focuses on the riotous aftermath of the John Cena/Rob Van Dam championship match from ECW One Night Stand.

fyp

I don't hate Dude Perfect but there's no need for a 30 for 30 on them. They did their own doc a few years ago and it wouldn't surprise me if this new one was 90% that. I'll give them credit for someone turning a couple of early videos into a far too lucrative industry but unless they're gonna announce that they're all in their 30s and going to retire I can safely skip it. That and the Faze one are gonna get shat on as hard as humanly possible.

Have they done Casey Martin vs. the PGA Tour yet, that seemed like a slam dunk one to me from way back in the day when these were still novel.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Faze makes no sense to me, unless they are going to be extremely critical of them and the esports scene. It was wild seeing their episode in Most Expensivest bragging about their IPO* making them so valuable… only for their value to tank and probably had to sell that massive unnecessary warehouse. And if you read their reactions to the most basic questions.. anyone could see there wasn’t anything there there.

*via SPAC, which most of those tanked because the business fundamentals weren’t there for a real IPO and proves why those are necessary. Buzzfeed is another one of those.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was wondering why no one was talking about TNT being out of the NBA being a done deal like people were talking about elsewhere and learned that the apparent source is Bill Simmons.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Rick posted:

I was wondering why no one was talking about TNT being out of the NBA being a done deal like people were talking about elsewhere and learned that the apparent source is Bill Simmons.

lmao, i went through the same sequence last night after someone sent me his tweet

that said, seems like there's more chatter tonight than yesterday. also chuck/shaq out for the night

stuker fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

stuker posted:

lmao, i went through the same sequence last night after someone sent me his tweet

that said, seems like there's more chatter tonight than yesterday. also chuck/shaq out for the night
Yeah they said they were "in New York on business" at halftime but they aren't at the game.