Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Sure, but I really want them to know that we know that they were about a hair's breadth from utter annihilation, and that they should not attempt anything that maybe they think they COULD still do. Really get the point that they are only safe because they A) called off their idea to steal Snarls and B) we were much, much more interested in seeing the Good Boy than dealing with their poo poo, which will not always be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Volmarias posted:

Sure, but I really want them to know that we know that they were about a hair's breadth from utter annihilation, and that they should not attempt anything that maybe they think they COULD still do. Really get the point that they are only safe because they A) called off their idea to steal Snarls and B) we were much, much more interested in seeing the Good Boy than dealing with their poo poo, which will not always be the case.

There’s no way they don’t already get that. They’d have to be missing significant parts of the brains and eyes not to:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FoxTerrier posted:

I understand people are pissed, but realpolitik should win out here. Save the anger for later and negotiate for grain now instead. Our people need food, not righteous fury. They can’t eat moral superiority.

Good thing we can deliver both!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FoxTerrier posted:

There’s no way they don’t already get that. They’d have to be missing significant parts of the brains and eyes not to:

It's the donut.

And I don't think they understand just how important snarls is to us, instead of "just a really big dog"

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Ironically, these guys might be the only non-Zepathians in Ur who would understand that

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

FoxTerrier posted:

I'm not convinced of that at all. They don't know that we overheard their plan or anything like that - it's entirely possible that they think they've 'gotten away' with something, and I want them to know that no, we're not the sort of person you can trick or obfuscate your way around.

They're not going to try anything big against us again. I want them to know not to try anything small either. And to appreciate just how magnanimous we've apparently been. It could do everyone well for them to realise we're the forgiving sort. Apparently.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Alright, have it yalls way. Just consider hitting them up for grain in the way out, wouldja? :munch:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

C D E I

Is not paying for slaves an option or has gold already exchanged hands? We should take what is ours, especially after learning dog King didn't invite us and it was all a farce to get a new dog slave

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

FoxTerrier posted:

Alright, have it yalls way. Just consider hitting them up for grain in the way out, wouldja? :munch:

I mean, I'm not here to kill anybody. They just tried to violate, like, every Urian hospitality custom, and as far as we know, don't know that we know about it. They've been cowed by our ability to take their dogs, but I need them to know how close they came to losing it all. I'd love to be friends and get trade links, but I also need them to understand who we are as a people.

E: What i liked about the original option B was that our boys understood the situation rather than us keeping everything a secret.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 1, 2024

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

On our way out, have all the dogs gather and perform a complex dance that ends with them lining up in the street to spell out something praising El.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Can't write his name iirc.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Glory to the Lord and so forth

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
DC

gently caress this guy, put him on blast and let know we're the biggest dog in town now.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting remains open but C and D have a pretty commanding lead. For reference they are:

Diogines posted:

C. Tell the Steward you know he was lying and that Yeledtov didn't invite Snarls and chastise him for lying in his King's name.
D. Tell the Steward you know about the plot to abduct Snarls. Threaten him in a vague manner that you and your people are not to be messed with.

For C, could you clarify if you want your countrymen to know? Do you care if other people in Zabdi's Court hear? We ask because we need to process how your words may influence others.

For D, same question, thanks. There is going to be General Outrage among your people if this is discovered, if the people of Armanum hated them already, woah boy will the Kavodelans be *pissed*. Basically, any cooperation with Zabdi in the future with your people might be scandalous, firebrand Kavodelans might feel less well disposed with Yeledtov and any cooperation with the city is probably going to be off the table as long as their current Steward remains.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 1, 2024

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

C but keep it low-key, our party can know

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
let everyone hear

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
D. Everyone

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I didn't vote for C or D, but I would say that if we want to go this angle, tell everyone in public so it's most disruptive to the entire city. If the point is to really grind them down and punish as many people as possible, involved or not, making sure that everyone who wasn't in on the plan knows about it will probably do a real number on the cities overall stability.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We should liberate the king from her perfidious vassals, put some people who appreciate good dogs in charge.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

I didn't vote for C or D, but I would say that if we want to go this angle, tell everyone in public so it's most disruptive to the entire city. If the point is to really grind them down and punish as many people as possible, involved or not, making sure that everyone who wasn't in on the plan knows about it will probably do a real number on the cities overall stability.

We didn't think we had to explain that, but, yes. If the general public knows that their Steward lied (or was accused of lying) in the King's name and that they were also planning to violate guest rights and steal the Companion of a nearby and Massively Blooded king that may not be great for the stability of the city.

You don't actually understand the political situation in Yeledtov well, they are the enemies of Armanum so you hardly have any contacts in their court but it would certainly be good ammunition for anyone opposing the current Steward.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
If it got back to Zepath that they planned to abduct Snarls, how likely is it that people will go to War? Even if we tell them not to?

I'm thinking it's pretty likely. We have generations that grew up with snuls rides.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

If it got back to Zepath that they planned to abduct Snarls, how likely is it that people will go to War? Even if we tell them not to?

I'm thinking it's pretty likely. We have generations that grew up with snuls rides.
The people? I assume you mean your people? Low.

The odds that a young firebrand murders the Steward or other Yeledtov noblemen? Also low, but not zero. Snarls is massively popular and much beloved, their plan to abduct him was extremely poorly considered and likely to draw immense outrage among your people.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Keep it fairly quiet and let the news trickle out slowly over time. We don't need to Chorazin this dude, just scare the poo poo out of him.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
All the dogs in the city better hear about their leader being a dog abductor.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D - Keep it to ourselves.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Tell people on an NTK basis only, we can just vaguely tell our party that we have learned potentially troubling information but wish to not spread rumors, so we would rather not say anything. Technically true, which for us is saying a lot!

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Is this Steward well-liked? Was this a desperate play for power or just an attempt to get their dog to be happy? I will go for 'D' privately at first, but if he lies to us in any way, I'd tell all our boys and everyone else as we left the city. Let the townspeople deal with him.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Speak to him privately. Inform him of the truth of what the reaction would be if we went loud.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Speak to him privately. Inform him of the truth of what the reaction would be if we went loud.

This, I don't want to cause a huge scene if at all possible so regardless of what combination of these wins I'd like to not destabilize the region violently.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I'd like the people who are with us, our immediate companions, to know. Not a loud proclamation, but I'd like Urgun and Kore, etc., to know in the same way that they would have if the B vote had gone through properly. At the least it helps cover up our faux pas with the dogs, which I think is important with Kore particularly.

If they go spreading the news around, well, that's up to them.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

I'd like the people who are with us, our immediate companions, to know. Not a loud proclamation, but I'd like Urgun and Kore, etc., to know in the same way that they would have if the B vote had gone through properly. At the least it helps cover up our faux pas with the dogs, which I think is important with Kore particularly.

If they go spreading the news around, well, that's up to them.

voting this

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

Works for me

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Let's do it in private in exchange, he answers our How good of a King are you where we vet his ruling chops like the new king of ahlab or whatever name of that city is. If he doesn't pass muster then we go loud and push the nuclear option.

My thinking is if this dude can be trusted to be cool based on our assessment and this kidnap plan was just a lapse in judgement, we can trust that he'll comply with any demands we have that he agrees to and in return he doesn't roll the dice on getting overthrown.

Our primary demand should be to get the city to stop raiding its neighbors and not just us to promote regional stability.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Polgas posted:

Let's do it in private in exchange, he answers our How good of a King are you where we vet his ruling chops like the new king of ahlab or whatever name of that city is. If he doesn't pass muster then we go loud and push the nuclear option.

My thinking is if this dude can be trusted to be cool based on our assessment and this kidnap plan was just a lapse in judgement, we can trust that he'll comply with any demands we have that he agrees to and in return he doesn't roll the dice on getting overthrown.

Our primary demand should be to get the city to stop raiding its neighbors and not just us to promote regional stability.

Even my crazy rear end thinks this is a bit of a reach.

Lots of assumptions ( :v: )

But the test idea is pretty cool nonetheless!

Personally, I vote that C and D are private. Zabdi and our Allies only.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Do it in private, as we don't want to make this a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting remains open, but expect the next update this weekend.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 2, 2024

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Private

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

D, private with our guys
It's more for our guys than anything else. Especially Kore

DCBomB fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 3, 2024

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

DCBomB posted:

D, private with our guys
It's more for our guys than anything else. Especially Kore

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

alpaca diseases posted:

And tbf Zepath is no much different—they’re also currently ruled by Steward who’s been Kinging without much regard to what their own very tired BigDog King may or may not want too vOv

I maintain that Enkidel is a treasonous usurper and should abdicate as king in favour of the appointment of an actual Regent, via the appropriate processes for such an event.

Under normal circumstances, the Regent would still be Enkidel, but as he is a traitor and usurper he should be disqualified and exiled. The fact that this frees him to wander the earth as an adventuring hero is unrelated.