Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tartaros Terminators!

and a Praetor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Glow in the dark snake man up at BBTS

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1785657277824872959?s=46

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
drat, necro-conda is a loving baller name.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Last Call posted:

They tend to be run back to back now yes.

Did they really do three at the same time? Seems excessive. Is this on some haslabs that failed? They appear to have changed things up since that point.

The Skystriker, Proton Pack, and failed Rancor came out at the same time. Rancor and Skystriker were like a day apart from each other.

The Skystriker made the Rancor look like hot garbage, if I recall.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Fishylungs posted:

The Skystriker, Proton Pack, and failed Rancor came out at the same time. Rancor and Skystriker were like a day apart from each other.

The Skystriker made the Rancor look like hot garbage, if I recall.

Those were the first days of the Haslab wasn't it, so it was a bit messy. They appear to try and give each, it's own time to shine now.

The Skystriker did struggle as we did have skystrikers in years not long past, and only two months ago the team admitted its houldn't have been an Haslab. Lessons learned and all that.

The Rancor failed due to people not getting the extras they wanted and that team actually seemingly somewhat combative with what the backers wanted. The whole Oola thing was a real cluster gently caress and angered backers into quitting. Some went and backed the Skystriker instead as it did appear they were trying to give fans they wanted. Like bonus Cobra Commander and troop figures etc.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Wasn't that originally a Walmart exclusive? Either way, the Glow Gods have shined upon me and I don't have to worry about trying to hunt for one of those for my GITD collection.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Wasn't that originally a Walmart exclusive? Either way, the Glow Gods have shined upon me and I don't have to worry about trying to hunt for one of those for my GITD collection.

It was just speculation that it was a WM exclusive, since they have those other two snake men.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Those were the first days of the Haslab wasn't it, so it was a bit messy. They appear to try and give each, it's own time to shine now.

The Skystriker did struggle as we did have skystrikers in years not long past, and only two months ago the team admitted its houldn't have been an Haslab. Lessons learned and all that.

The Rancor failed due to people not getting the extras they wanted and that team actually seemingly somewhat combative with what the backers wanted. The whole Oola thing was a real cluster gently caress and angered backers into quitting. Some went and backed the Skystriker instead as it did appear they were trying to give fans they wanted. Like bonus Cobra Commander and troop figures etc.

It was the first time they expanded beyond Tranformers, Star Wars, & Marvel and out of the first 6 Haslabs I think at least 5 of them had double the minimum backers.

I don't collect GI Joe and even I considered backing it honestly, but you will get me 99% by including a bunch of little bullshit and that thing had bits and bobs out the rear end.

I do collect Black Series Star Wars and was jazzed it was for the Black Series until I saw it was literally *just* a Rancor. I want to say they had also just announced/released a Gamorrean Guard too. Oola wasn't going to sell me, that Rancor just did not match the price to me.

Skystriker was $230, Rancor was $350.

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 1, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I got a new Tele-Viper and its oversized accessory

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It do look good hitched up to a HISS.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

It do look good hitched up to a HISS.

I’ve gotta find a space for the VAMP and then I can hook this to the HISS

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's a great little addition.

They've done a good job building around the HISS.

Gotta believe they'll do the same with Dragonfly.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I got a new Tele-Viper and its oversized accessory

This straddles that line between vehicle and diorama which I hope leads to more proper dio playsets. I’m looking forward to setting up my fire team around it (no space for the HISS to accompany them atm sadly)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This'd look nice on the impulse buy shelf

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Fishylungs posted:

I do collect Black Series Star Wars and was jazzed it was for the Black Series until I saw it was literally *just* a Rancor. I want to say they had also just announced/released a Gamorrean Guard too. Oola wasn't going to sell me, that Rancor just did not match the price to me.

The rubber skin on the Rancor put me off. I'm not backing a project for several hundred pounds when I know that 10 years from now it'll be turning to dust.

The Last Call posted:

The Rancor failed due to people not getting the extras they wanted and that team actually seemingly somewhat combative with what the backers wanted.

This sums up the Star Wars team in general. Absolutely awful and anytime you watch them back to back with other teams on the live shows you can see how little energy or enthusiasm they have. I've no idea why they are in charge of what must be Hasbro's biggest license.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yes, the contrast between Emily and Lenny on the Joe team, or the dudes on the TF one, with the guys on the Marvel and Star Wars stuff is pretty stark.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The guys presenting the Star Wars team are dullards, but unfortunately they also have to be extremely careful and not go off script because Lucasfilm requires them to submit everything they are going to say, often times rewriting their scripts. LFL is by far their strictest licensor and they’ve only gotten worse and more involved in telling Hasbro what to do as sales have dipped.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I apparently decided to dive headfirst into star wars vehicles. In the last month, I've picked up the b-wing and y-wing from the vintage collection, and holy hell these things are amazing. They're huge (where the hell am I going to display all these?) but they look fantastic.

I got a good deal on a loose n1 fighter without the Mando figure, and the upcoming vintage collection Mando is the same figure without the spear, so I saved some money there. But I'd still like to get the other vehicles (x-wings look great) and I have no idea how or where to display these.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

This'd look nice on the impulse buy shelf

One day they'll do Night Lords and then I, too, will know fear.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Kingtheninja posted:

I apparently decided to dive headfirst into star wars vehicles. In the last month, I've picked up the b-wing and y-wing from the vintage collection, and holy hell these things are amazing. They're huge (where the hell am I going to display all these?) but they look fantastic.

I got a good deal on a loose n1 fighter without the Mando figure, and the upcoming vintage collection Mando is the same figure without the spear, so I saved some money there. But I'd still like to get the other vehicles (x-wings look great) and I have no idea how or where to display these.

I have Boba's Slave 1 from the VC and it's amazing. Mine's the first release before they changed the name, so I don't know if they changed anything paint-wise in the rerelease since, but it's definitely a collection focal point as it's huge and neat looking.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Shiftypenguin posted:

I have Boba's Slave 1 from the VC and it's amazing. Mine's the first release before they changed the name, so I don't know if they changed anything paint-wise in the rerelease since, but it's definitely a collection focal point as it's huge and neat looking.

I'd love to get a falcon and tie interceptor but the price is crazy. But these modern vehicles have such nice detail. I love the little targeting computer in y and x wings that you can pull out.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not for me, but I bet they’ll be cool for rasslin fans

https://twitter.com/majorwfpod/status/1786063523941884216?s=46

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You know, it was bad enough that there were a thousand TMNT lines going at once, they didn’t have to start taking over all the other toy lines one by one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Name reveals, we got some name reveals!

Yup, more Joe name drops have been made.

What are they?

Cobra Commander! Yes, another one. No, not the 'Once Was a Man" version, could it be the one the Fred used to fake being CC? Non MM Cobra symbol regular CC?
Falcon! He's coming back, will he be ugly as before? No clue, but we're getting another version, money is on Night Force!

We're also getting something shiny. Sky Patrol? Vac metal CC or Destro mask? Super Trooper?

Also in a possible wink wink nudge nudge Lenny was handling a Snake Eyes V4 during the interview. That often means something. Or maybe it doesn't. Mind games.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They could combine two things and give us "Fred" as armored Cobra Commander who was very shiny but I doubt they'd go that route.

We do risk running out of female Joes but I'd love to see Bombstrike down the line.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

They could combine two things and give us "Fred" as armored Cobra Commander who was very shiny but I doubt they'd go that route.

We do risk running out of female Joes but I'd love to see Bombstrike down the line.

They might always do a vac metal version as an exclusive, kinda like they did do a color changing Zartan. We need more color changing Dreadnoks.

If they want to do the amored CC version, a deluxe version with altnative Battle helmet head, normal Fred head and CC disguise head would be pretty cool, it's what people want in regards to this version.

Quite a few women left in the Joes yet and Bombstrike is definitely one of them. People want her and are asking for her. Her being the "Power Girl" of the Joes makes her a favorite.

Lenny did the math on how big a Skystriker would be. Can you say five feet?

A Classified Flagg is 25 feet long for those who are wondering.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

I'd love to get a falcon and tie interceptor but the price is crazy. But these modern vehicles have such nice detail. I love the little targeting computer in y and x wings that you can pull out.

I managed to get the last version of the Falcon that came out a few years ago, and still have it boxed just because I haven’t come up with a way to display it. I have some ideas but it’s likely to take up a whole wall. I really regret that I didn’t get Luke’s X-Wing when it was cheap. I was basically thinking I already have enough X-Wings, but the vintage collection one looks so nice.

On a related note, i’m in some FB groups for model making and some guy was gifted a complete Kenner 1979 Millennium Falcon with still working electronics and all and was debating whether to restore it with repro stickers or paint it up like a model, and thankfully despite it being a model making group, everyone overwhelmingly said “restore it, don’t you dare gently caress up that toy.”

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

Pretend I put that smiley with the dude holding a cuppa and kinda nodding approvingly here.

Also Daina, either version, and whoever that pilot-paratrooper lady was (Freefall?).

Oh and gimme a Crimson Asp dammit. Those greens really popped with the red hair.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Found Mohammed Ali and the Skeletor x Stranger Things two pack today. I haven't seen more than two episodes of the show, but this monster is perfect for something like MOTU. Also, the color scheme on Skeletor is really nice with a slight metallic sheen to the purples as well as a black wash on his feet.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Rebirth Yuffie (and Cloud) are up for preorder places now. Very excited to grab her in the non-Intermission outfit. :dance:

The Barrett Bring Arts popped back in stock at Nin-Nin Gaming, but it’s almost 8000yen more than what I’ve gotten all the others at. Might just wait it out and see if I can find him/red/sephiroth closer to MSRP later.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
This thing is so stupid and I want it so bad

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I managed to get the last version of the Falcon that came out a few years ago, and still have it boxed just because I haven’t come up with a way to display it. I have some ideas but it’s likely to take up a whole wall. I really regret that I didn’t get Luke’s X-Wing when it was cheap. I was basically thinking I already have enough X-Wings, but the vintage collection one looks so nice.

Yeah from a video I've seen, the galaxy's edge falcon is the same as the last store one they did (legacy maybe?) so I'm looking at options, but I'll probably wait til after I get the ghost. What were you thinking for display? Floating shelf? Hanging the ship on the wall? I could use some ideas.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nanigans posted:

Call me when we get a Mara Jade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they had a real option for the likeness I bet they would.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nanigans posted:

Not only that, they're doing a new TPM Darth Maul:

I want both of these!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Kinda baffled at Hasbro going back to the plastic hood well for Sidious when their last couple of RotJ versions had perfectly fine cloth ones but oh well, it's better than nothing and it's not like Bandai are likely to do him anytime soon.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

If you think this looks so stupid and cool you should see the guys he fought.

The designs went places in that mini.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

If they had a real option for the likeness I bet they would.

They do anime/cartoon characters without a likeness

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

They do anime/cartoon characters without a likeness

Yeah but she doesn’t even have that. Just book covers I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s enough.