Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Black and gray is my favorite look too, even though I grew up with the blue and gray Aparo and Super Friends/Super Powers looks in the '80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah black and grey is more "badass" looking. If you're going to sell the idea of an unstable billionaire who dresses in a state-of-the-art bat-themed BDU to fight crime, then the choice to go all-black or black/grey is the right one.

I still like the blue and grey. Gimme dat sprezzaturro.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Black and grey makes more sense.

I do prefer an all black costume.

Yes, yes, I know, black and shadows don't always mesh.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The best Batman design is the one McFarlane hasn’t done a figure of yet.

Which one that is, I leave as an exercise for the reader. :smug:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

But they already made a Zur-En-Arrh figure. Now that’s a color scheme.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found some dudes today. Now I don't have to step foot in a walmart for a while.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Sentinel Red posted:

The Jim Aparo era was what I grew up with and I’ll always have a soft spot for it (hell, just ordered the Mafex Knightfall Bats) but I agree the black & grey look is better. The 89 movie all black is my personal fav though.

Blue and grey for comics, '89 for movies!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

When I really think about it, my favorite Batman suit might be Batman Begins.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I were younger, I'd be inclined to agree. Terry was a good batman and him coming from a more middle-class background made him more relatable to me.

I'm old enough that blue and grey Batman is my memory's archetype, though I just displayed the inaccuracy of memory yesterday lol

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's real good.

But that head, it's really puffy on the sides.

Does make sense if you consider it has extra padding/protection/Bat stuff, but it still makes him look like he has a fat head.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

If I were younger, I'd be inclined to agree. Terry was a good batman and him coming from a more middle-class background made him more relatable to me.

I'm old enough that blue and grey Batman is my memory's archetype, though I just displayed the inaccuracy of memory yesterday lol

About that…lol

Terry was Batman Beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh neat, Todd is making a kryptonite doomsday from the superman batman comics years ago. Always loved that design. He apparently went with a darker green though. I'd have thought the vampire green lantern neon green would have worked well.