Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Pinny posted:

The new GP version is pretty funky

:manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Shame it’s not coming to the US 🎻

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Pinny posted:

The new GP version is pretty funky

Looks great

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

It’s ugly and I want one

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is that a three cylinder?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

It’s a xsr900 but cooler basically

Kawasaki needs to reintroduce the gpz imo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nitrox posted:

Is that a three cylinder?

Yeah like A MIRACLE said, XSR900 but with fairings

The upper is stock with the GP version, the lower is optional for more $$$ (but is it really "optional"?) And it ain't for sale in North America. Yet. I hope.

I was really hoping that ZX7R body kit some Spaniards did for the Z900RS was going to light fires under asses and get some 90s retro sportbikes going, but so far all that's happened is Kawi did the green/blue/white color scheme on their current faired bikes for the 40th anniversary of "Ninja".

Phy fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 11, 2024

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Phy posted:

What about the XSR versions? You pay more but you get a motorcycle that looks like a motorcycle and not like something Shockwave picked out of his belly button

The XSR900 is basically a modern 3 cylinder version of my 919 so that's out, and the 700 is still over 400lbs. I was looking at those before I got the 919 though.

A MIRACLE posted:

Hypermotard?

I'd actually been considering these, how are the older ones for reliability? There's one on marketplace with pictures of $6k in dealer work for random poo poo which isn't really confidence inspiring. I don't think those receipts are the selling point the seller thinks they are.

Russian Bear posted:

Get the new hyper for all of us

Would love one, too new and spendy and unknown quantity/quality atm

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

You could probably get a brand new klx300sm for the same price. Maybe too much crossover with the 125 but I think they’re cool

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

A MIRACLE posted:

It’s ugly and I want one

Tell me what bike to buy: It’s ugly and I want one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

opengl posted:

The Honda is pushing 450lbs and while yes it's got decent power, it doesn't have the low down torque I crave.

VTR1000

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Tuono

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Mt01

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i know bad luck befalls everyone and any brand can be a lemon, but since a buddy of mine first rode the pagianaleialele 4v4r44 or whatever he bought two months ago, it has been in the shop the entire time. first ride after the ink was dry on the deal it started puking oil on the freeway. apparently the dealership broke two parts in the process of fixing the first issue, (clutch cover and the other i forget) with each issue requiring waiting on parts from The Old Country. the very first thing that happened after he got it back? left mirror fell off lmao

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 12, 2024

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That sounds pretty unusual, and a bit like the guy whose bike kept shedding its fairing every time he took it on the road.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

of course it is. its also really really funny

just full on sideshow bob in the rakes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s extra funny when it happens to a bike that costs more than a new Lexus and is supposed to be “the best bike available”

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Does Lemon Law apply to bikes? Woof

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Ended up making a deal I couldn't resist for a one year old 890 with 1200 miles. +1 for having a trailer and being able to scoop cheap bikes immediately when spotted. Takes some of the sting out of the bath I took selling the Zero.

opengl fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 15, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Is this a fake ad?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/d/fort-bragg-2022-zero-fxe-supermoto/7739810460.html

The image doesn't show up for me on a reverse image search, and 8750 is not an unrealistically low asking price. But there's only a single picture, two lines of text, and it's the "most fun bike I've ever owned" and he's only ridden it a single time in two years? 43 miles total? What?

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Just ask for the VIN and if they have the title in hand? That should tell you what kind of seller you're dealing with.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

"Why are you selling it" is also a logical next question.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Just show up with the money and get ready to leave if red flags come up. But sometimes people don't give a poo poo and will sell you something real cheap for absolutely no reason. You just have to be there fast enough to grab it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

There was a period of time where Honda were doing good poo poo on bikes and cars, this is the S2000 dash which imo, is also perfect.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It amuses me that both of those vehicles have the same cylinder capacity but the I4 is the one that's down-tuned for torque and longevity

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I still think the AP1 JDM/EDM instruments are nicer.

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 17, 2024

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Slavvy posted:

It amuses me that both of those vehicles have the same cylinder capacity but the I4 is the one that's down-tuned for torque and longevity

In the US market that was the case, everywhere else got the 9k redline. There's one sat in my workshop waiting for me to trace an electrical issue. Very good car and needs to be revved to the moon to 'get it'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Loss
Jul 22, 2001

Never mind, brain fart.

Return Loss fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 18, 2024