Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

main thing with su and its derivatives is theres no turn limits so you can just go all in on survivability and cheese it that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Eej posted:

I would say that 80k PF is moderately difficult and 0 cycle MoC is very difficult while Conundrum 12 GnG is so easy I did it for a while with a level 3 def orb on my Aventurine and I didn't notice. All are optional challenges but SU is much easier than all of them.

Why has endgame come to mean 0 cycle moc and 80k pf instead of 36/12 stars

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i feel like there's a pretty big difference between a completely pointless bragging rights thing and something the game actually encourages and rewards you for

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

padijun posted:

Why has endgame come to mean 0 cycle moc and 80k pf instead of 36/12 stars

Well I did say all of them are optional challenges, including Conundrum 12. Unless you're going to try to go on a technicality and say that you get rewarded (once, like, 20k credits) for doing a Conundrum 12 run.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

main thing with su and its derivatives is theres no turn limits so you can just go all in on survivability and cheese it that way

Eh, not really in higher conundrum G&G, the enrage timers are meaningful.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Zokari posted:

i feel like there's a pretty big difference between a completely pointless bragging rights thing and something the game actually encourages and rewards you for

This is true but sometimes doing the alternate stuff can be fun and self made challenges are good (as long as you don't get carried away). And hey who knows in the future if Speed Runners can break the game like say NES Tetris

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The base level of effort required to get all the rewards in the game (32/12 star, all the jade rewards in SU) is pretty low. Which is good (unless you whale for power)! Because it means you can set optional goals for yourself like 0 cycling or in my case, seeing how much Break Effect I can stack on Himeko.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Eej posted:

Well I did say all of them are optional challenges, including Conundrum 12. Unless you're going to try to go on a technicality and say that you get rewarded (once, like, 20k credits) for doing a Conundrum 12 run.

no one considers 0 turn moc endgame except people who spend a lot of money

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You don't need to spend a lot of money to do 0 cycling. Most people I see doing it are running E0 to E2 characters if that.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The CC in this MoC is a bunch of complete bullshit. Very frustrating.

The answer, as always, is Quinque. I don't think I've ever completed a MoC 12 in less than 9 cycles before. I would probably have finished a cycle earlier if I hadn't held onto Quinque's ult.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Eej posted:

You don't need to spend a lot of money to do 0 cycling. Most people I see doing it are running E0 to E2 characters if that.

Even then what percentage of people actually try for that every month?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Nevermind. I think I misunderstood something.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 17, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Not a lot but at the same time I don't know what exactly makes SU difficult but MoC and PF so trivial that it doesn't count as endgame difficulty unless you're doing optional challenges.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Neither MoC/PF nor SU are trivial to me but I also don't really seek out perfect relics, I just accept that's for people that grind more than I'll ever bother.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MoC is definitely a challenge if you don't have the meta characters. It really depends on the turbulence, though.

I'd love to start trying for triple Harmony compositions, but I don't know if I could. I feel like my characters are just too slow on average.

Traveller posted:

Neither MoC/PF nor SU are trivial to me but I also don't really seek out perfect relics, I just accept that's for people that grind more than I'll ever bother.

A lot of it really just comes down to luck. I managed to get great relics for my Ratio during the triple drops events. Otherwise, he would still be in the lovely Imaginary set.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 17, 2024

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
I have never done MOC but I assume anyone that doesn’t 0 cycle it is a freaking idiot who doesn’t deserve to live

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Average Bear posted:

Got arrested playing this.

I'll bite. Spill it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Eej posted:

Not a lot but at the same time I don't know what exactly makes SU difficult but MoC and PF so trivial that it doesn't count as endgame difficulty unless you're doing optional challenges.

SU just adds another layer of skill and effort on top of "building your characters" and "knowing how your team works" since you need to evaluate blessings/dices and plan your route. The fact that people can autobattle MOC/PF and still get max rewards probably also shows that building your characters is more important there than decision making inside the fight itself, while SU is all about decision making. Like "Kafka skills every turn" is simple but "get Energy and SPD blessings over ATK increments for Kafka so you can trigger other blessings more often" or "wait X turns to cheat double occurence/reward dice to guarantee it landing on a reward node" are more complex.

I agree that all that isn't exactly difficult if you have some degree of roguelike experience, but since roguelike is also a much more niche genre than turn-based RPG, probably less people are wired for it and so it feels harder for more people.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013
I find that a bit weird at least for base SU. if you have a specified team, like a dot or followup etc, just singleminded choosing the blessing for that gets you most of the way there unless you really choose crap artifacts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I never really understood how people survive attacks with non-defensive blessings in super SU. Do you also pick up all the preservation/destruction stuff?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tae posted:

I never really understood how people survive attacks with non-defensive blessings in super SU. Do you also pick up all the preservation/destruction stuff?

There are a few powerful defensive blessings scattered throughout the other paths. For example, there's a Nihility blessing which lowers enemy attack based on Suspicion stacks, which is kind of insanely powerful since you can easily get 99 stacks all the time.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I use fu xuan and try to win before she dies. Getting the defense on lower hp blessing and fighting spirit ones lets her survive a few big hits at least.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tae posted:

There's a few key ones you learn to identify. Split damage on non Fu Xuan teams, the flat 30% shield strength and damage reduction when full HP for shield teams, FUA reducing enemy attack and so forth.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
that 16% HP destruction blessing is the best one

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

padijun posted:

that 16% HP destruction blessing is the best one

It's not.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of SU though, there are some leaks for the upcoming SU revamp which apparently includes rebalancing all the blessings (not sure if this apply to older modes or just new ones though). The most interesting change imo is that the entire Destruction path is being made to be the Break Effect path (instead of ATK boosts), and all the "when at low HP" stuff is getting changed to "after taking damage or self-healing."

Every single resonance is also being made more interesting (instead of just raw damage for half of them). For example, Elation resonance gives everyone a three turn buff that makes all their attacks considered follow-ups.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 17, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pompom gave me 100 gems for my birthday. Thank you pompom.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

Speaking of SU though, there are some leaks for the upcoming SU revamp which apparently includes rebalancing all the blessings (not sure if this apply to older modes or just new ones though). The most interesting change imo is that the entire Destruction path is being made to be the Break Effect path (instead of ATK boosts), and all the "when at low HP" stuff is getting changed to "after taking damage or self-healing."

Every single resonance is also being made more interesting (instead of just raw damage for half of them). For example, Elation resonance gives everyone a three turn buff that makes all their attacks considered follow-ups.

Probably to make it fit with Firefly. I would have thought they'd add a new path for Break stuff though. That's a shame, I like aeon lore.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Getting rid of the ATK boosts is interesting, considering that was one of Blades main flaws.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I appreciate they are being very careful not to dilute the card pool too much. It was smart to allow banning paths once they added erudition.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

:wrong:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

always smash that 16% more hp card

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

It's fine, but there are better survival blessings out there, like any of the ones Eej posted.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I feel like I really don't understand break effect. I place Sushang with Hatblazer and she's only doing 40k with Super Break. Feels bad.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Though I will say that Welt with Hatblazer is fun. Not necessarily good, but the enemy never loving moves.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Clarste posted:

According to that leak they killed Aiden Gravitational Rainbow (delay enemy with FUA). Its new 3* version can only trigger 2-3 times per enemy turn. That's understandable considering a full FUA team could basically delay a boss into never attacking.

They also adjusted Clear Lucite Body (reduced damage taken at max health, also adds effect res when enhanced) to not work with a shielding only team. It'll be an effect when HP is fully restored, until the target is hit.

My two favorite survivability blessings! So much for my previous post about FUA teams, haha. The updates look interesting though. Excited to try Destruction with my Blade/Jingliu team.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bad Video Games posted:

I feel like I really don't understand break effect. I place Sushang with Hatblazer and she's only doing 40k with Super Break. Feels bad.

How much break effect? If that's into a level 95 target, you don't have any sources of defense shred, and you don't have any break efficiency buffs, that sounds... fairly accurate?

E: Assuming you mean the super break itself was 40k on top of Sushang's other damage.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

How much break effect? If that's into a level 95 target, you don't have any sources of defense shred, and you don't have any break efficiency buffs, that sounds... fairly accurate?

E: Assuming you mean the super break itself was 40k on top of Sushang's other damage.

Nah, the 40k was around her total damage. She also has poo poo attack and crit, so all of her damage is break. She's got 282% break effect so it just feels a little anemic.

The Super Break damage is around 30k.

I think I prefer Luka for budget break team. He's doing 40k+ enhanced basics. Super Break effectively doubles his damage.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Destruction losing Instability Strip is really unfortunate for Gepard, it's a pretty big boost for his sustain capability at high conundrums. And it's also just a good blessing in general.

Nihility still keeps Before Sunrise thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Destruction felt oddly cobbled together and I never used it, glad it's getting reworked