Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

i forgot about this, you're right! tmor had my back!! okay i'm definitely not voting tmor today
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

pretty confident (based on tummyfeels) it's just 1 scum left

don't think it's tmor

i don't see cube hunting a scum player in this setup, and voodoo whether town or 3P has played solid towngame

sand is out of the question

ham is claimed doc

sooooo

##vote TPC

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya you are straight faced playing it as if scum don’t buddy up to town?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

it was mostly a joke, the reason i don't think it's tmor is this post:

Zoya posted:

Tired Moritz posted:

Zoya posted:

reason i "started the game without any special powers or abilities"
is this paraphrased?

Zoya posted:

yes

or more accurately, i just wrote it from memory without checking the wording

i chose not to hammer earlier so we could discuss but was kind of planning on voting for tmor regardless ....

....but, honestly, this post now makes me think he really is vanilla town. it could be an attempt to bamboozle, but he asked that question because what i wrote does not match shwinne's actual PM wording, something that would only catch his attention if he's already seen said wording in his own role PM

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Tired Moritz posted:

probably because you and sandwolf are divebombing to defend tammy WHO ISNT EVEN POSTING THEMSELVES. why are you mad at someone for wanting to get rid of lurkers who are effectively scum+1? If I get trapped with Tammy endgame and theyre still barely posting, Im gonna be pissed.

Tired Moritz posted:

like if you think zoya is scum, then try to convince others but dont get pissy when people want to kill lurkers at this state of game. you tell me why we should keep tammy around because we can also kill zoya in the future but it'll be harder to kill tammy later because we would probably have better cases to follow.

Tired Moritz posted:

like if I end a game with a townie making GBS threads things up and losing, at least I can go "well at least they tried". what am I supposed to do if I cased scum correctly but someone who was afking through the game, walks in and just driveby vote because scum are posting more?

ultimately, one person cant be bad enough to completely ruin a game for town, since you know, there are other townie players that would need to be convinced by their case?

Tired Moritz posted:

Personally I really dont like it when anyone pulls a "youre such lovely town because you were wrong in a past game that we should policy vote you anyway". so gross.

Honestly these posts don't sound like scum faking it either

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Personally I really dont like it when anyone pulls a "youre such lovely town because you were wrong in a past game that we should policy vote you anyway". so gross.

Tired Moritz posted:

fml I guess my mafia pet peeve is people dragging up old games. such lovely behavior imo. Im gonna step back.

Tired Moritz posted:

I think FoS is playing like an rear end in a top hat and I would rather policy vote someone that dragged up old games as a case than anything they did in this current game. There's a reason why I didnt rebuke your argument against Zoya but FoS's casing is lovely.

Tired Moritz posted:

why the hell do you care so much if we get a lurker off? Tammy replaced out, theyre clearly too busy to play. Imagine if I kept saying we should kick Tammy off because theyre a piece of poo poo player. When have we ever implied we should vote someone based on old game results?

or these

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

That first post about Tammy feels 100% like “you guys should not be defending this easy lurker elimination” to me. I don’t read those as sincere as today’s posts, even

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Those all feel like Mafia Philosophy to me, not alignment indicative.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zoya posted:

it was mostly a joke, the reason i don't think it's tmor is this post:

Is it paraphrased? Ehhh I think while it’s not common to ask such, it is not rare either.

Okay let me look back at TPC.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

maybe

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Fair

my counter point would be that the only times tmor has seemed keenly engaged this game were when he was -1, and during the fos/zoya spat which is a great opportunity to buddy up by siding with one party.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

you voting tmor or tpc? because if you vote tpc I don't have to think anymore.

if you vote tmor I have to think but at least just about two players.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

you voting tmor or tpc? because if you vote tpc I don't have to think anymore.

if you vote tmor I have to think but at least just about two players.

I don’t know man I hate this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A lot of these quotes are meta / game policy stuff though really?

I’ve lost games as scum for getting on my high horse about meta because it is a pet peeve of mine.

I don’t mean to contradict every post you’re making but I was there for every one of those posts and they were and still are a null read for me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

Fair

my counter point would be that the only times tmor has seemed keenly engaged this game were when he was -1, and during the fos/zoya spat which is a great opportunity to buddy up by siding with one party.

true with the caveat that tmor is eurotime so i think at least some of the "everything happened while I was asleep" is true

I wish that disengagement was a sign of scum because oh how much I wish I could vote every lurker in the world but we don't live in a perfect world

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

TMor I think is in east Asia somewhere? Southeast Asia?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I hope there comes a day where voodoo will defend my sincerity.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

A lot of these quotes are meta / game policy stuff though really?

I’ve lost games as scum for getting on my high horse about meta because it is a pet peeve of mine.

I don’t mean to contradict every post you’re making but I was there for every one of those posts and they were and still are a null read for me.

does that make it different than any of the other meta posts or anger that was thrown around that day? FoS was basically on a meta push on zoya and FoS was town.

I just mean that the tone of those posts don't read as false anger or pretending to buddy up. Like I think all of us would say we got legit town vibes from sand based on the day 2 posts and I don't see why you can't also get them from tmor's posts.

I might be wrong, I don't know.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

TMor I think is in east Asia somewhere? Southeast Asia?

apologies. not sure why I thought it was europe

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

I think you are sincerely cool

does that count?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t know man I hate this

look I lost my last town game because you and Opop wouldn't get your heads out of each others asses in exlo and listen to me.

So you owe me, I get to piggyback off you this one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

look I lost my last town game because you and Opop wouldn't get your heads out of each others asses in exlo and listen to me.

So you owe me, I get to piggyback off you this one.

Are you inclined towards TPC or beet atm?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Are you inclined towards TPC or beet atm?

tpc

I've given up on beet I think since nobody else sees it. I can recognize that when I'm the only one I am usually wrong.

unless its you and opop

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

so yeah i assume its tmor or tpc today based on you, zoya and beet

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Voodoofly posted:

tpc

I've given up on beet I think since nobody else sees it. I can recognize that when I'm the only one I am usually wrong.

unless its you and opop

i can see it, but i don't think it's the right move today regardless (because what if he's town?)

for beet i almost feel like we have to ride on sand's coattails and trust him to catch beet slippin in the masonry tbh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

does that make it different than any of the other meta posts or anger that was thrown around that day? FoS was basically on a meta push on zoya and FoS was town.

I just mean that the tone of those posts don't read as false anger or pretending to buddy up. Like I think all of us would say we got legit town vibes from sand based on the day 2 posts and I don't see why you can't also get them from tmor's posts.

I might be wrong, I don't know.

Hmm okay no, tmor was low on my and sandwolfs suss list after day 2 i think because of that posting so I was wrong to say it was a null read at the time.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

also let it be known that if you are scum this game I am going to swear a blood oath against you and vote you non stop

until I forget about it

ask hal how many times I've sworn a blood oath against him

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

does that count?

Yeah I’m just game mad and partially at myself.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Zoya posted:

Mafia Discussion: I knew it was Hal's fault.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

is there some way we can kill Hal today

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

also let it be known that if you are scum this game I am going to swear a blood oath against you and vote you non stop

until I forget about it

ask hal how many times I've sworn a blood oath against him

lol.

Deal

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

is there some way we can kill Hal today

depending on where his rooting interest lie we are probably killing him already as they laugh at us in obs chat

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Heh “rooting”

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I can flip to tpc but really think we will be back here tomorrow.

Okay thinking about tomorrow it could look like:

voodoo
me
tmor
and either zoya or sandwolf or both, depending on how my doctor lottery goes against scum.

I’ll want to vote tmor
Voodoo will push me again, especially if I don’t doc right tonight.
If only one of Zoya / sand are left, they’ll probably be convinced to vote me.

If both survive, I’m sure tmor or voodoo will start alleging I withheld the kill and push me regardless.

If we do tmor today and they’re not scum the above scenario but with tpc present might play out in a similar fashion anyway.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

does that count?

Always with the charisma this guy

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

Okay I can flip to tpc but really think we will be back here tomorrow.

Okay thinking about tomorrow it could look like:

voodoo
me
tmor
and either zoya or sandwolf or both, depending on how my doctor lottery goes against scum.

I’ll want to vote tmor
Voodoo will push me again, especially if I don’t doc right tonight.
If only one of Zoya / sand are left, they’ll probably be convinced to vote me.

If both survive, I’m sure tmor or voodoo will start alleging I withheld the kill and push me regardless.

If we do tmor today and they’re not scum the above scenario but with tpc present might play out in a similar fashion anyway.

I promise you I’m the last person to have any ducking clue what I will do at any point in this game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Always with the charisma this guy

You seem extremely disinterested in who is voted right now

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

You seem extremely disinterested in who is voted right now

You seem like you've ping-ponged between like four different people and gave up on beet exclusively because people weren't going along with it rather than because you don't think it was a good case

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Like I can understand wanting to see all the angles, but you seem very willing to entertain a lot of tmor's scattered and game inaccurate thoughts While only defending them as "sincere". Meanwhile you keep leaning on sand and beet for what you should do or think, as if you're testing which way you can swing town. So if we're talking interest, you seem interested just in whatever gets somebody executed today regardless of content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Tea Party Crasher posted:

:eng101: believing that scum might have hung in the background of yesterday's tense conversation, each of our species would like to present our own candidate for who we believe is scum! As the Zoq, I will go first as Is alphabetical...

From our observations, Big has been lurky for most of the game and makes frequent jokes about it as if to reinforce "I'm aware I'm lurking This is all intentional"

They participated a little bit in yesterday's discussion, and even threw down a vote, but this could have been to give oxygen to the argument and then go radio silent once again

:science: Enough with this ridiculous meta read! As a Fot, I am gifted with certain psionic abilities, and I have sensed something in Illu's posts...

This vote feels off, taked on. Does not contribute to the conversation around Zoya, and instead sounds more like they are justifying the vote.

Says the infrequent poster who barely contributes to solving themselves! Projection perhaps? Vibrations in the cosmos indicate to us ill intent

:cop: Is it my turn? Good, then it is time for the Piq to present their case on Saladscooper.

States here that they don't think what Zoya is doing is wrong, then votes on them for the vague reason of them not playing "pro town" because of the town they talk to FoS with? A strange and contrived reason, seemingly for somebody who wants to add on to someone with momentum on them but can't think of a real reason

And while yes the game was getting genuinely vitriolic, there is still content and reads to be made from how the argument was playing out and salad here excuses themselves from analyzing or participating in it

Before backing off of the vote, probably waiting to see who momentum builds up on next.

:cop: With all of that said, I hope that my friends here will permit me to ##vote Salad as it is my turn to cast the vote

:eng99: Okay... But if you're wrong, you have to start letting us take turns being in the center seat!

here's an interesting post

throws shade on 2 scum and 1 town

and votes the 1 town