Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, I’m very excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The new Lego Skywalker Saga is really fun! It’s even a bit more advanced than the previous games so you don’t feel like a complete child for playing it!

Still largely kid friendly, tho

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

KOTOR 2 is coming to Switch with eventual DLC to restore some of the cut content/endings. This is honestly wild to me

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Oh, also Fallen Order 2 or w/e

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’d be shocked if the DLC really does that much. I doubt they put much more effort or money into it. The patch that’s out there now is pretty meh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

omg chael crash posted:

KOTOR 2 is coming to Switch with eventual DLC to restore some of the cut content/endings. This is honestly wild to me

It's the ol' Restored Content Modification that was semi-officially supported on the PC re-release by Aspyr, notably.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Oh, I didn’t realize that. What sort of changes did it make?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

What are some mods you'd recommend for KOTOR2? RCM and that extra planet are a given, but what else is there of neat stuff?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I like the one that removes Mandalore’s helmet but that could be a spoiler if you haven’t played the game yet

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Oh, I've played it a dozen times over, so no fear of spoilers here :D KOTOR is my personal Deus Ex; I feel an urge to reinstall everytime it's mentioned :D

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I started TIE fighter and literally laughed for 5 minutes after I crashed into a leftover rebel fuselage.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

I started TIE fighter and literally laughed for 5 minutes after I crashed into a leftover rebel fuselage.

Those loving shuttles in the first tour mission :argh:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Lawman 0 posted:

I still remember doing the exact same thing when I first played it in middle school. Ah, the days of swapping huge stacks of rubber-banded floppies and downloading copy protection-defeating programs from BBSs...

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

Those loving shuttles in the first tour mission :argh:

I didn't even start those yet lmao I'm just dicking around in the training missions.
Extremely good at putting you in the imperial shoes though but my main complaint so far is that I can't adjust my joystick in the dos version.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
PSA there's a total conversion mod for X-Wing Alliance that turns it into TIE Fighter.

I've yet to try it yet, but it looks really impressive. It looks like they've done a ton of work.

https://youtu.be/oEVrdwZ9bEk

They've managed all sorts of technical wizardry to hook into an ancient build of direct X run off a engine from 1999 to add all sorts of effects, graphics and high poly models. They've also done some very clever hacking of the standard Alliance rooms and environments to make an approximation of the inbetween mission story content.

They even managed to add VR support. Im tempted to give it a shot - last I tried it a few years ago (in Alliance) the performance wasn't great, as their hook into direct X only allowed VR to be rendered through the CPU - but I believe they might have made some inroads there and it can run on GPU.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*slowpoke voice* guys you aren't gonna believe this but tie fighter is good.
It actually is though and I wish I went through it earlier imo.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

When I was young I had the demo disk for Tie Fighter and never got to the end. For years I assumed that was the full game too.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lawman 0 posted:

I didn't even start those yet lmao I'm just dicking around in the training missions.
Extremely good at putting you in the imperial shoes though but my main complaint so far is that I can't adjust my joystick in the dos version.

There’s a scene in Andor where TIEs are scrambling that includes incredible details of how they launch and adjust controls. Definitely felt like it was made by a fan of the game.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There’s a scene in Andor where TIEs are scrambling that includes incredible details of how they launch and adjust controls. Definitely felt like it was made by a fan of the game.

I gotta watch that show honestly.
It's just the TIE/IN's right no interceptors or bombers yet?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah. Show is still 5BBY I believe.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lawman 0 posted:

It’s legit better than Mandalorian, and I thought Mandalorian was great

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Battle 6 in tie fighter down

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How many of you were unfortunate enough to play the fairly terrible Empire Strikes Back game for the NES? I never liked the game that much and didn't get too far with it. The JVC Star Wars game was much better.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

How many of you were unfortunate enough to play the fairly terrible Empire Strikes Back game for the NES? I never liked the game that much and didn't get too far with it. The JVC Star Wars game was much better.

I had both. I preferred ESB over Star Wars just because you got to start with a lightsaber (well, I think you had to find it, but it was right by the start) and the movement was a little less... whateverthefuck Star Wars' movement mechanics were. Never got that far in it while I made it up to the Tie Fighter segment of Star Wars, but I did prefer it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Randalor posted:

I had both. I preferred ESB over Star Wars just because you got to start with a lightsaber (well, I think you had to find it, but it was right by the start) and the movement was a little less... whateverthefuck Star Wars' movement mechanics were. Never got that far in it while I made it up to the Tie Fighter segment of Star Wars, but I did prefer it.

Yeah, you start with it in ESB and have to find it in one of the Tatooine caves in Star Wars. It's kinda cool but I get why it's easier just to start with the lightsaber. That said, I actually thought the movement mechanics were jankier in ESB than in Star Wars. I always ended up jumping into water and damaging Luke on Hoth.