Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Arven posted:

Got inside and found out that because I registered for vote by mail for the primary, they automatically sent me one for the general even though I didn't request it. Had to go home and dig to the bottom of my shred pile to find it, got back and had to cast a provisional ballot anyway. So much for voting on election day!

My procedure is that if you got an absentee ballot or requested it, our system flags it immediately and we call city hall to invalidate your old one. Then, you get issued a new one once city hall spoils your mailed one. We need a simple affidavit and you're done! 20-ish of 295 so far had to do that, with 15ish that brought in their old one. My guess is that it was Donnie's bullshit doing its work, so people were like gently caress THIS, I WANNA FEED THE MACHINE MY BALLOT.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can you report him to the AG’s office for voter intimidation? I know he probably wouldn’t get charged, but him getting interviewed would probably loosen his bowels just a little bit, and it would be a good start.

It was just her, so the guy wasn't there or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, but I figure you could provide her contact info..., but it depends on how your states vote or intimidation laws work. Regardless I think lying to someone to discourage them from voting should at some level be a criminal offense.

Oh also America

https://twitter.com/davidsilkenat/status/1323549318947721217?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In more thread-relevant posting: when do the results start "trickling in" roughly?

7PM EST is when you’ll start to see results as polls close.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

And here comes the 3D Chess...

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1323623688508481536

...in which, if he loses, he's going to torpedo FOX News bigly, like nobody's ever seen, so that his followers will flock to OANN when he buys it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If you're in Europe, don't bother until tomorrow at the earliest.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mr. Nice! posted:

7PM EST is when you’ll start to see results as polls close.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on staying up through the night to watch the polls close, I figured maybe there'd be results from early voting that could be available before polls close, but I guess I'm just gonna have some more beers, clean my apartment, and then watch this poo poo unfold as I get up at 5 in the morning.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

And here comes the 3D Chess...

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1323623688508481536

...in which, if he loses, he's going to torpedo FOX News bigly, like nobody's ever seen, so that his followers will flock to OANN when he buys it.

The funniest thing is it will also probably kill Newsmax, which is one of his biggest cheerleaders and someone he has a relationship with in terms of the owner. It’s also funny because OANN is like a low rent version of Newsmax, but even shittier.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

orange juche posted:

If you're in Europe, don't bother until tomorrow at the earliest.

What on earth makes you think any of us are going to be able to sleep tonight.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In more thread-relevant posting: when do the results start "trickling in" roughly?

is this a prediction of a trump win?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The funniest thing is it will also probably kill Newsmax, which is one of his biggest cheerleaders and someone he has a relationship with in terms of the owner. It’s also funny because OANN is like a low rent version of Newsmax, but even shittier.

I don't think I even have OANN on my cable (I do get Newsmax), but it's already been indicated he wants to buy it. I could totally see him going full Jeff Sessions on FOX, launching Big Orange Daddy Network featuring OANN (to keep the brand identity and justify the batshit programming they run), hosting his own show supplemented with shows staffed by cherry-picking his favorite/most loyal hosts to defect (Ingraham, Tucker, Hannity, maybe some of the tools on The Five like Gutfeld) and leaving FOX for dead after they've spent four years being his Pravda.

Of course, it'll probably also have its share of Apprentice reruns, too.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't think I even have OANN on my cable (I do get Newsmax), but it's already been indicated he wants to buy it. I could totally see him going full Jeff Sessions on FOX, launching Big Orange Daddy Network featuring OANN (to keep the brand identity and justify the batshit programming they run), hosting his own show supplemented with shows staffed by cherry-picking his favorite/most loyal hosts to defect (Ingraham, Tucker, Hannity, maybe some of the tools on The Five like Gutfeld) and leaving FOX for dead after they've spent four years being his Pravda.

It and a ton of other propaganda stream free 24/7 on pluto.tv, which is helpfully baked right in to most new TVs.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I do recall in the lead-up to the 2016 election, when he was expecting to lose to Hilary, there were plans to start a network of his own. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is what he does if (hopefully) Biden wins.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Uhhhhh this sounds odd

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1323681953896419328?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

That sounds like it would take a lot or at least some effort

I’m thinking he’ll just have someone put his name on a podcast network with Dan Bongino

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I've blocked oann and newsmax at my parents' house after i caught my dad watching oann one afternoon. He at picked up on the bias immediately. They both voted for Bernie in 2016 at least.

https://twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1323460096811302912?s=20

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 3, 2020

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Someone in this administration didn't do the work expected or required of their position? :thunk:

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Sounds like the people known for making a mess out of the smallest things made a mess out of their own supression effort.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

And Tom Cotton is already there.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First of all a big guuuuuuuuuten taaaaaaaag to our German pals oh yeahhhhh. So you're asking the MACHO MAN when you need to open up those peepers and WATCH the ref count that long ten count...

You're gonna want to start looking bright and early Wednesday morning your time zone, oh yeahhhh. Snap into a slim jim for breakfast and feel the POWER enter your BI-CEPS as a look of sheer HORROR washes over your face.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

It would be delicious if Trump’s operation results in a bungled GOTV effort and a Biden landslide but I’m not counting on poo poo.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Was just watching CNN while I ate my lunch. Trump was speaking in Arlington at the RNC. He was noticeably more calm and lucid, letting on it was a close race and that the thought of losing was difficult on him. He talked about all just accomplishments and threw in a China virus for good measure. It was surprisingly timid given they’ve been saying he was going to declare victory early.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, I wasn't planning on staying up through the night to watch the polls close, I figured maybe there'd be results from early voting that could be available before polls close, but I guess I'm just gonna have some more beers, clean my apartment, and then watch this poo poo unfold as I get up at 5 in the morning.

ARD/ZDF have an election special starting shortly after midnight at 0:10 or something like that, and polls close at 4 o'clock if I understand correctly.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Was just watching CNN while I ate my lunch. Trump was speaking in Arlington at the RNC. He was noticeably more calm and lucid, letting on it was a close race and that the thought of losing was difficult on him. He talked about all just accomplishments and threw in a China virus for good measure. It was surprisingly timid given they’ve been saying he was going to declare victory early.

He was also whining about it being unfair that they'll keep counting past midnight tonight. He reminds me of the kid that fakes an injury till you give him the ball back, then sits down and cries till you do it again.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

There was a hint of this yesterday in that story about how Trump's PA operation was under-staffed and focused on yard signs. I think the grifter:lever-puller ratio in his campaign may have reached a critical tipping point.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there a German word for a combination of anxiety, excitement, and preemptive disappointment? Because that's what I'm feeling right now.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Best of luck for your election, please stay safe and unceremoniously turf that sack of poo poo out :911:

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Fister Roboto posted:

Is there a German word for a combination of anxiety, excitement, and preemptive disappointment? Because that's what I'm feeling right now.

Yiddish, but I feel like "verklempt" fits it about right.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1323711885829689344?s=20

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1323711371461185536?s=20

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fister Roboto posted:

We don't have a word for the emotion, but the medical term for said combination of symptoms is "Formloser Stuhl".

I've slammed a pound of jerky on the dehydrator while attending a rather exhilarating (and confusing) stream session on discord, and I'll bid you all good evening.

I'll see y'all on the other side in 8 hours.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We don't have a word for the emotion, but the medical term for said combination of symptoms is "Formloser Stuhl".

I've slammed a pound of jerky on the dehydrator while attending a rather exhilarating (and confusing) stream session on discord, and I'll bid you all good evening.

I'll see y'all on the other side in 8 hours.

Wait there's an emotion that German cannot express in a single word? drat

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Jaguars! posted:

Best of luck for your election, please stay safe and unceremoniously turf that sack of poo poo out :911:

The November surprise is that there are no real problems. As it turns out, when city/county clerks are left to do their thing properly, the actual election machinery becomes incredibly boring and functions fine. The worst you'll get is a line, and the line is drastically smaller compared to the past due to absentee/early voting.

Chucklefucks either decide to not show up, or the precleared chucklefucks get incredibly bored at looking at nothing inside the polling places. All you ever hear is that the election workers are "nice and helpful" and poo poo just rolls by smooth, with some goofy/minor problems.

Plane circling Philly:

https://twitter.com/_travishughes/status/1323672054621753345?s=19

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've got beer in the fridge, Trader Joe's whiskey, and 5 gallons of 8% hard apple cider backsweetened and carbonating in the keg, I'm ready for this shitshow

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

amazing

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1323723726685425665?s=20

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Motherfucker needs to learn to use lotion, Jesus

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The November surprise is that there are no real problems. As it turns out, when city/county clerks are left to do their thing properly, the actual election machinery becomes incredibly boring and functions fine. The worst you'll get is a line, and the line is drastically smaller compared to the past due to absentee/early voting.

Chucklefucks either decide to not show up, or the precleared chucklefucks get incredibly bored at looking at nothing inside the polling places. All you ever hear is that the election workers are "nice and helpful" and poo poo just rolls by smooth, with some goofy/minor problems.

Plane circling Philly:

https://twitter.com/_travishughes/status/1323672054621753345?s=19

:perfect:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Motherfucker needs to learn to use lotion, Jesus

And/or to stop crankin his hog so hard he gets friction burns

(the lotion would admittedly help with that though)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

And/or to stop crankin his hog so hard he gets friction burns

(the lotion would admittedly help with that though)

Cranking it so hard it makes wheezy pullstart line trimmer noises.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
are we there yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The forbidden 4:20...