Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://x.com/JoshGreenberg27/status/1791337045669073032

Biden is running a top-notch operation that is being undone by teens on Tiktok

If you posted that old 2008 politoon with the two guys at the bar 'im voting fer change' and the DOW Soars economy humming! paper but with the names and year removed; DnD would wholeheartedly embrace dow Soars guy until someone realized it was an 08 comic upon which you would be banned for bad faith posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

yellowcar posted:

oh no not uniform looking affordable housing anything but that!

Uniform housing is only good if its 5+1 sodosopas

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yellowcar posted:

send this to stancil instead

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

This is like a Reddit page came to life.  It is unreal, wrong, and a complete misunderstanding of the international community’s relationship to Georgia.

lol

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

StealthArcher posted:

If you posted that old 2008 politoon with the two guys at the bar 'im voting fer change' and the DOW Soars economy humming! paper but with the names and year removed; DnD would wholeheartedly embrace dow Soars guy until someone realized it was an 08 comic upon which you would be banned for bad faith posting.

The moderation decisions there are p hilarious ngl

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

DO YOU RELATE YET? BY THE WAY HIS FAMILY KEEPS DYING. DO YOU EMPATHIZE YET? WHAT ABOUT NOW? HE'S WEARING AVIATORS.

I'd wear mirrored glasses too if my eyes were pinpricks.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

PoundSand posted:

There's tons stuff like this that I'm sure would have bipartisan support among even the most staunch of contrarian voters. Banning spam/text calls, advertised/list pricing being just what you pay out the door for any item/service/whatever, being able to cancel any service as easily as you started it (no 2 hour phone trees for something you initially signed up for in two clicks), major companies needing to provide email for customer service, etc.

That absolutely no politician campaigns on or even tries to do very straight forward consumer/public protection stuff is just so telling about priorities.

I always said the ACA should have included wait times & "music" mandates for private insurers, but those literally were the people who wrote the bill so tough toenails.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Inflation? Student loans? The ability to buy a house? A genocide happening in Gaza with our money and weapons?

No, the most pressing issue of our day: which direction did Samuel Alito hang his American flag?

I mean, we've been doing the bread & circuses as politics for a while now. It doesn't displease donors as much as legislation that's meaningful to us.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://x.com/kenklippenstein/status/1791925130140041682

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvVdFXOFcjw

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://x.com/krystalball/status/1791580090050232327

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 01:29 on May 19, 2024

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

He literally AI generated that AOC photo.

lol, I bet he has a folder of AOC pics.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

yellowcar posted:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

spacetoaster posted:

I bet he has a folder of AOC pics.

Whomst amongst usgt?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

He literally AI generated that AOC photo.

lmao

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/Danofran/status/1791569265042297282?t=BDbN6CkOr7vxDoeqQiyxzw&s=19

Succ gonna succ

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well, i sure hope they enjoy their hegemony as long as it survives. After that, faaaaaaaaaar less enjoyable....

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

biden is set to deliver a commencement address in georgia this sunday lol
https://x.com/wsbgnl/status/1791934469374673095

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

remembering the Joey Moss commericals where he did the hand gesture and said "Gretzky"

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Rectal Death Alert posted:

You know how rich people claim they make their children pay for their own college or whatever? The Utopian ideal is that money is eliminated so everyone can act that way about effectively everything.

You can replicate your own sink and dishes to wash. Host parties so everyone can see your dishes and you have even more to wash. You take on the burden to be interesting. Kirk chopped wood ironically.

There are people in the future hosting giant parties just so they can wash 20 casserole dishes.

Imagine if work was like playing PowerWash Simulator, with all the satisfaction inherent in cleaning something really well, seeing your effort translate into tangible progress, coupled with the ability to stop the moment it isn't fun anymore, because the points are all made up and there's no consequences beyond those you assign yourself.

Competition isn't two people each trying to bankrupt the other through increasingly unscrupulous means, it's more akin to two runners who are each encouraging the other to do their best and try their hardest, because the only stakes are self-improvement.

Everyone is born on third base, and can work to take home if they want. And if instead, they're happier using the replicator to build a dick sucking machine and installing it in their personal holodeck, that's fine too.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

Incredible! So what you're telling me is that the CPC had a plan all along, and in fact implemented that plan which lead to material improvement in the lives of people living in China

Such a concept is completely beyond the US and Europe!

whoa whoa hold it jack, Liz Warren had tons of plans (no you can't see them)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

it's always projection

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

yellowcar posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gotta love how Election Night 2016 traumatized us all so deeply that we can never dismiss the gnawing fear that somehow, no matter how unlikely it seems on paper, Trump will return like loving Dracula.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I went to bed that night comfortable that Clinton had it in the bag. I was literally shaken awake by my GF in the morning and informed that things didn't quite go that way.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG0ezLiVGc

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

I went to bed that night comfortable that Clinton had it in the bag. I was literally shaken awake by my GF in the morning and informed that things didn't quite go that way.

no woke 8 year old doing the Wakanda salute?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

spacetoaster posted:

Gotta love how Election Night 2016 traumatized us all so deeply that we can never dismiss the gnawing fear that somehow, no matter how unlikely it seems on paper, Trump will return like loving Dracula.

Trump ends up winning. On Inauguration Day, social media is flooded with "Somehow, Trumpatine returned..."

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

souirce your quotes

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they're making my gf read "white women" at her work. I forgot the funny stuff cause it's been a while since it was in the zeitgeist. what was the funny poo poo with saira rao, i have a hazy memory of some drama and comedy.

one of the parts the book says that all white women are just like the people who were at January 6, whicj is presented as like the worst most white supremacist thing ever to happen.

i think they paid to have rao speak sometime last year

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 05:28 on May 19, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

your wife’s job gives her homework wtf

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nevermind too mean

Nichael has issued a correction as of 05:54 on May 19, 2024

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Willa Rogers posted:

these were funny too:

Why do political cartoons gotta be so braindead? Like you could just make the kite israel colors or even the israel flag if that was too subtle.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

post hole digger posted:

your wife’s job gives her homework wtf

she gets to read it at work during downtime but it's assigned reading yeah

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love how hillary seems to legitimately believe that she lost the election due to bernie and russia. she's had all this time to get to the bottom of it and should be have at least some knowledge of how fixing foreign elections works due to her time in the state department. the most qualified candidate ever but also demonstrably a delusional idiot.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i love how hillary seems to legitimately believe that she lost the election due to bernie and russia. she's had all this time to get to the bottom of it and should be have at least some knowledge of how fixing foreign elections works due to her time in the state department. the most qualified candidate ever but also demonstrably a delusional idiot.

lol our chief diplomat was Hillary

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

My Chinese coworker had asked me what the lowdown on how the election was expected to go was, and I told him "it's basically 99% certain Clinton will win" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It always surprises me how averse liberals are to promise to do things, no matter the country.