Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you expect Valador to be a Gold Farmer?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 78 7.01%
No. 35 3.14%
He banned and disbanded everything 1000 89.85%
Total: 1113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Nice name but I think we're sticking with the traditional names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

When does this dumb game start

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

a mysterious cloak posted:

When does this dumb game start

August 13th.

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Ask me about my fake GOONS spaceship guild

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Can we name the Corp Goonsha's Nation?

Possibly since other groups on SA don't like to share.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ModeSix posted:

I'm really on the fence about this.

I played EO from the initial alpha test and right through for several years beyond, then I've played intermittently off and on since then.

Part of me really wants to get in on ground floor as a hardcore industrial based character so I can swim in the InterStellarKroner, but part of me realizes this is a mobile game and will be at 10% launch population after a month or two or three.

Good luck. Because you'll be competing against pubbies who will probably cram as many blue stacks emulators as they can run on their PC <insert number here> boxing.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Do we have an app for ship fitting?

I feel that's a good way to remember this stupid game.

By that, I mean for Android. And also for when I'm pooping, before this comes out.

I'm very interested in a Vexor for some reason. I love that stupid brick.

EDIT: gently caress, of course he just did a video on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7F7lyVnNSQ

:wtc: is a drone tube!?

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 6, 2020

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Drones last beta were poo poo, after apparently being way OP in beta 1 (I didn't play that one). So I'd stay away from drones and thus Gallente stuff to start with at least.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Fine, but I'm not happy about it. Looks like Caldari is king for lovely ratting.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

IIRC, the starter ship doesn't even get a drone in this version, so velatorfleet fleet doctrine is ruined here. I can't remember if missiles were good or bad in the first beta; I didn't play the second.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Can’t... loving... wait.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Playing this game so I argue about if local is a good or bad feature.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Hello Sailor posted:

IIRC, the starter ship doesn't even get a drone in this version, so velatorfleet fleet doctrine is ruined here. I can't remember if missiles were good or bad in the first beta; I didn't play the second.

missiles are very, very good, to the point of scrubs complaining that they're OP in pvp

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I went f goons many years ago with all the other losers in Rens911, then stole a few bill isk from StofferNinjapirate.

Am I allowed back?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

only if you promise to do it again

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Rebus posted:

I went f goons many years ago with all the other losers in Rens911, then stole a few bill isk from StofferNinjapirate.

Am I allowed back?

i see you still remember how to play the game

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Okay so it's legit just an eve port?
Phew I thought for a sec that I spent like the past two days doing all the loving tutorial missions for nothing.

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Okay so it's legit just an eve port?
Phew I thought for a sec that I spent like the past two days doing all the loving tutorial missions for nothing.

Wait for it...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heads up you can pre-install the game from the play store now. Not sure about iOS (maybe in a few hours).

Its a 1.9 gig download.

Just got the notification that its up on iOS as well .

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 12, 2020

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Welp, crashes on startup for me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

-Anders posted:

Welp, crashes on startup for me

Well the game isn’t live yet sooooo

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

MarcusSA posted:

Well the game isn’t live yet sooooo

Cool, so does it crash on startup for everybody?
It crashed in the same manner during the latest beta, so not really hopeful I'll get to play.

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

-Anders posted:

Cool, so does it crash on startup for everybody?
It crashed in the same manner during the latest beta, so not really hopeful I'll get to play.

Runs fine for me but I’m an Apple fan boy. Servers aren’t live.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Weird that it wants to scan my local network for devices.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
This game has auto downloaded on my iPhone.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My poo poo is downloading. Hail satan

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I get a few hundred meg then it fails (on Memu). I may look for a pkg later rather than use google play.

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved
I get a crash on startup on Bluestacks but successful startup on my actual phone. Stupid computers always glitching out.

Edit: actually it started on Bluestacks after like 10 crashes and sitting idle for 5 minutes.

EssOEss fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 12, 2020

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.
What's up with the different factions? Do I have to choose the same faction to poopgame with my friends, or is there a gameplay difference?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Ajon posted:

What's up with the different factions? Do I have to choose the same faction to poopgame with my friends, or is there a gameplay difference?

Aesthetics really and starting skills. Really not an issue.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
The factions are mainly cosmetic beyond a 4-5 hour investment.

The factions spawn in different places in highsec space.
They have race-specific noobie ships (all are dogshit).
They have the basic skills for those noobie ships.

Pick the one you like best.

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.
Thanks for the answers!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Any idea on what zone we're going to rush to set up goonspace? Whichever faction hub is the fewest gates from there is probably the best faction to pick.

Otherwise, Caldari is probably best for early missile skills and starting near the Jita hub.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Hello Sailor posted:

Any idea on what zone we're going to rush to set up goonspace? Whichever faction hub is the fewest gates from there is probably the best faction to pick.

Otherwise, Caldari is probably best for early missile skills and starting near the Jita hub.

If I just pick whatever faction, am I gonna be hosed trying to get to whatever goonsquad hq. I havent touched Eve in ages

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Stand by in discord for this stuff.

There is a plan (tm) but we don't want to announce anything until the last possible second. or realistically probably somewhat beyond.

Just try to fight your way in game, make a character and start some stuff training. Targeting skills are a great pick for faction neutral initial training for the first few hours, with the changes to the game catching people is super not easy and every bit of sensor resolution you can get is needed for a successful tackle.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

If I just pick whatever faction, am I gonna be hosed trying to get to whatever goonsquad hq. I havent touched Eve in ages

No. You will be freely able to travel wherever you want, you just might have to make a couple extra jumps to get there.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

ModeSix posted:

No. You will be freely able to travel wherever you want, you just might have to make a couple extra jumps to get there.

awesome. any info on phone minimum specs for this? I just bought a moto g8 power which I assume will be fine but I've been trying to find more info

I assume I'm fine for goonsquad if I'm approaching this as a phone making GBS threads game for the most part?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
They decided sometime in the last week, that my phone is no longer compatible with Eve Echoes. I guess I'll be on bluestacks until I can figure out a way to convince the google play store that my phone is fine.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

w00tmonger posted:

awesome. any info on phone minimum specs for this? I just bought a moto g8 power which I assume will be fine but I've been trying to find more info

I assume I'm fine for goonsquad if I'm approaching this as a phone making GBS threads game for the most part?

Warriors of the throne welcome. We've got some guys putting almost worrying levels of effort and dedication into this but all goons are accepted.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

w00tmonger posted:

I also just got a moto g8 power, and the CPU is on the supported list. Was able to install and launch the game this morning for pre-load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

I'm excited, idling on the Discord server, have the app preloaded onto bluestacks and my phone, can't wait to game on the throne and at work.