Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

FranktheBank posted:

PVP game, competitor with dev granted bonus

Ehh. Not competitive games. I've been given stuff to giveaway or maybe game time for a sub-based game.

I faced an ultimus a while ago in blitz and according to someone else, he was a streamer that was granted ultimus by Gaznext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It's weird that they launched this game with so few actual characters. Also, it's basically solved already so at a certain point every person you go up against has the same 5 'toons on it.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The main issue is the investment cost of each character. No one is going to experiment if it puts them a month or two behind everyone else since the arena and blitz system set you up for a rich get richer scenario. Secondary teams only come into play once your main team is at or near the soft cap you can currently reach.

Side note, Luke Cage is starting to annoy me more than Cap. If I could spare the investment, I'd try building a proper team around him with JJ.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm annoyed how most games the generic characters aren't really worth it, but this they're making them required for a lot of stuff. Its super annoying that almost all the Ravagers are locked behind orbs.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

twistedmentat posted:

I'm annoyed how most games the generic characters aren't really worth it, but this they're making them required for a lot of stuff. Its super annoying that almost all the Ravagers are locked behind orbs.

Yeah they do this. Also conveniently placed "deals" with said ravagers that appear after they announce the upcoming event featuring them.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I wish the game made it harder to get people but easier to level them up. I got everyone I wanted in like 3 weeks but it'd take me another year to actually level them up to the top level.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
FoxNext is p bad, but the minion thing seems like a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation: people would bitch if there were all these characters in the game that had no use, and also bitch that they create events that you need them for.

With that said I don't necessarily mind the minion teams but wish they were more viable, besides the Hand team there aren't any solid minion theme teams they should give a bigger synergy bonus.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Great Lakes Goon Squad needs +1 to fill out our ranks, we're very close to being able to 100% Ultimus. If you're interested get in Discord and shoot me a message!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I did the Reddit refund thing and got a good chunk of my whaling money back. Google store credit has already been refunded, now I'm waiting til they kick me from the game.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I faced an ultimus a while ago in blitz and according to someone else, he was a streamer that was granted ultimus by Gaznext.

KnightlyGaming? He's the shitshow atm.

https://streamable.com/ob8r2 - mirror of his first video, that was removed.

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Hammerstein posted:

I did the Reddit refund thing and got a good chunk of my whaling money back. Google store credit has already been refunded, now I'm waiting til they kick me from the game.

Same, I got a refund of roughly the last 90 days of spending. Fairly happy to keep playing or if they ban me at this point, that's fine too.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Loten posted:

Same, I got a refund of roughly the last 90 days of spending. Fairly happy to keep playing or if they ban me at this point, that's fine too.

I gotta call Google later today and check if I can get the rest too. It seems they auto-approved the initial requests, got everything up to April 15th. But from April 16th until today only 3 purchases got refunded, which is weird. Same refund wording, same method of purchase.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Do they refund as Google points or the purchasing card/account?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Do they refund as Google points or the purchasing card/account?

I have a mixed purchase history, the ones I bought with Google gift cards became Google Play Store credit, I also received a small Paypal refund and some of the approved purchases were made directly with my CC (they don't show up on my CC balance yet, since these transfers supposedly take longer).

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
What's this talk of Reddit refunds

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

What's this talk of Reddit refunds
There are a few different threads, but here is one of them:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8zo2xt/unacceptable/

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ahahahaha there's another reddit whopper today. Apparently there was a bug with the purchase of mega-orbs where you would pay for one then the game would give you multiple. According to that thread, people that reported the bug had their accounts rolled back to pre-bug conditions nearly a month later, losing any progress from the interim.

There's not really a :psyduck: big enough.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It should be said; don't give these people your money. I promise you will enjoy this game even more when hundreds of your hard earned dollars aren't on the line.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Loten posted:

Well I called, and they didn't refund poo poo. Oh well.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 19, 2018

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Zotix posted:

Well I called, and they didn't refund poo poo. Oh well.

Nah there wasn't a template message at the time I asked for a refund. I wrote up my own complaint which was basically a summary of "developer is being shady by giving some players incredible amounts of free resources in competitive parts of the game" With links to the reddit posts.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ya I did that as well. No refund here.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I got more funny shady news:

Remember the Marvel Insider stuff where you could spend 40,000 points for 450 cores? Well, they said they have until July 20th to get those over...

They took the offer down for 450 cores and gave everybody their points they earned on a delay.

So, no cores. :)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I got more funny shady news:

Remember the Marvel Insider stuff where you could spend 40,000 points for 450 cores? Well, they said they have until July 20th to get those over...

They took the offer down for 450 cores and gave everybody their points they earned on a delay.

So, no cores. :)

Wow I remember signing up for that marvel.com site, checking it the next two days to try to earn some points then completely forgot it existed.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
No luck getting refunds. I guess I'm stuck with this game forever.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

RosaParksOfDip posted:

No luck getting refunds. I guess I'm stuck with this game forever.

Yes under the capitalist system not getting your money back means you are obligated to continue playing.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I still enjoy the game, it's just that it gets exhausting with all the changes lately geared towards getting you playing/spending more. I don't have the time to keep up with all the blitz shenanigans, the raid changes and whatnot and that's putting me behind the curve on arena, making it more effort to stay in the top 100 in arena. Before I could swing it with just doing my 2 daily fights but lately I have to do all 5 or I run the risk of getting pushed out of it. The only thing keeping me from stopping/taking a break is the money I put into it. Since the moment I stop, I might as well stop altogether since I'll never catch up afterwards.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

A thought just came to my mind regarding the refunds:

Today 2 different Google support employees and their expert team could not explain to me, why my earliest purchases were refunded and the later ones were not - they said that they have no clue what happened here.

Google pays the app devs on a monthly basis, refunds are deducted from the payout, so in a few weeks FoxNext will get their July payout from Google, minus my refunds. Now I wonder what they are going to tell FoxNext when they ask why they lost out on €1700. And why Google refunded something, which a few minutes later suddenly was against their own policies. Will they tell FoxNext:"We have no clue what we did here."?

Not that my refund would matter to a company that just made 25 mill, but it's still some funny food for thought....

Those refunds were fast: the cores bought with Google play store credit only took a few hours and I just checked my CC statement, these refunds also just arrived. Too bad I couldn't get everything back, but it still feels kinda good to punch back and hit them in the wallet after all the poo poo they pulled. And maybe this time I learned my lesson when it comes to whaling...(as if).....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 19, 2018

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Alexander Hamilton posted:

It's weird that they launched this game with so few actual characters. Also, it's basically solved already so at a certain point every person you go up against has the same 5 'toons on it.

It's not solved, though... there are some really powerful combinations out there, and characters that could easily slot into PvP by themselves. The main problem with arena diversity is a) farmable characters and b) the time investment. LIke, they're nerfing speed up/down, but it's not going to make people dump Quake or BW for months because they have to get someone else up to that powerlevel to make the change worthwhile (they also aren't nerfing it enough for it to matter, but that's an entirely different point). The real issue they have is their release to farm pipeline is huge, and I don't know if they plan on just continuously releasing new levels (mystic is available soon) but I don't know if they have plans to continue releasing the campaigns, new levels to campaigns, or adding characters to existing levels - either way, they don't have a ton of nodes to work with if they really start beefing up and dropping teams of characters like SW:G has been doing recently.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Holy poo poo, what's this 2 Hour limit for Deadpool raids now? I thought the Thanos raids moving all the orb pieces to top rank only was the furthest they could push it, but gently caress me if they didn't find a way to twist the screws.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If enough people don’t do it maybe they’ll get the hint.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Invalid Validation posted:

If enough people don’t do it maybe they’ll get the hint.

Watch they'll add something you can buy with crystals to increase the time it goes on.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

HebrewMagic posted:

I thought the Thanos raids moving all the orb pieces to top rank only was the furthest they could push it

Yeah, its the same with the Deadpool raids.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I know they're currently trying to make the game suck with regards to the fancy raids and such, but the normal ultimus 50 raid is the same as it ever was, and a bunch of us rely on those 60% completion rewards to keep the flow of purple mats from the raid store coming. If anyone logs on once a day and just clears 5 nodes in the super easy 50 raid the rest of us can probably clear enough to hit 60% and if/when changes are made and people come back, you'll all have more raid currency than you know what to do with.

Think of the children My Wolverine!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
you can even autoplay them usually.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

FranktheBank posted:

you can even autoplay them usually.

Oh for sure. If you've got a team of like ~17k characters you can easily autoplay the first 5 levels of any path in the Ultimus raid without having to heal I'd imagine.

Edit: also, how the hell did I make that post about raid currency and completely forget the dire need for purple mats. If people join raids, knock out a few levels then come back to play after a month you'd be able to max out tons of dudes.

davebo fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 23, 2018

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Never expected "Spider hyphen man popping a squat" to be on par with "What a horrible night to have a curse" and :xcom: but here we are

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Groot Force is in rough shape, is there any room in a more active goon alliances?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How active? Catmans has been pretty consistent getting 80%+ on the highest Ultimus raid, even with a couple freeloaders(pubbies?) out of 20-21 raiders

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Reminds me. I need to stop being a freeloader. Maybe stop blitzing. Even just doing a basic run through of blitzes makes me not want to spend more time on the game and I end up raiding minimally. Also Catman's is purely goons I believe. No pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Great Lakes could maybe absorb some groot squad refugees. We've lost a few folks lately