Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Area jammers please. Also restocking on psyche because I get the impression I'm going to be sustaining quite a bit.

Trying to learn sterilize
-area jammer (rating x3f avail, not sure how high i can get this)
-tag eraser

Learning: Elec warfare 1, Assensing 1

learning Heal too, if I have time

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Per discussion with QN, I'm going to be fulfilling the role of demoman from now on.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

QuantumNinja posted:

I hope everyone's had fun generally messing around and getting to know your characters better. I certainly know that I did. Let's get back to committing some crazy cybercrimes as a team, though!

Back to the Big Time

Tuesday, 2075/2/11, 23:00 [Meatsauce]

Your phone came with a few messages that morning, mostly spam and useless things, but one stuck out: Theo Trainer needed a driver for something, and you had made the short list. She wanted to meet you at Studio 14 for the play-by-play, to pitch the job. It involved robbing a bank with Jackie Neon, the BTL star, and getting down and dirty doing it. That made for a better trid, right? Anyway, she was offering you the job, described to you how the van was going to be the getaway plan, and that the chase had to look good. But the upshot was that you got to pick the vehicle, and trick it however you wanted, and you had a budget of 75,000Y to do it with. Plus the 40,000 in payment. She even offered to let you keep the van, if you wanted something that hot.

Pick a van out. Use these vehicle modification rules. Make it cool. You're the wheelman on this one, so don't let the team down. And remember, this is supposed to be a BTL, so a clean getaway is the exact opposite of what you want to happen---until it has to happen so you all survive.
Relevant Posts:
- Summary
- Support
- Maps
- Plan

I'll start with a GMC Endurance for 35k, with the following modifications:

code:
Rigger Interface - 1000 ny
Concealed Armor Rating 5 - 10,000 ny
Ram Plate - 7000 ny
Customized Ride 1 (see below) - 1400 ny
Engine Customization: Speed - 2800 ny
Run-Flat Tires - 2000 ny
Turbocharger - 1680 ny
Heavy Weapon Mount - 5000 ny
     Top-mounted FN MAG - 8500 ny

Total: 74,380 ny
That gives the van the following stats:

code:
Handling: 3/3
Accel: 4
Speed: 5
Device: 3
Pilot: 1
Body: 14
Armor: 11
Sensor: 2
Slots: 14 (8 remaining)
If anyone on the team, or QN, thinks this thing could be better-designed, let me know.

After the meeting with Theo, Meatsauce went back to the shop and sat down with his dad to figure out the most badass possible hotrod van for the job. They started with a GMC Endurance, only two years old, that had been sitting in the shop for a few months with no buyers and no immediate need to strip parts. The cost of the van came out of Theo's starter cash and went into Pop's kitty. (Maybe Meatsauce can get a cut? Up to you, QN). Meatsauce and his Pop added concealed armor, run-flat tires, a dorsal weapons mount with an FN MAG-5, a heavy alloy ramplate with nasty-looking spikes, speed mods to the engine, and a turbocharger. Once they scraped all the parts together (some were on the shelves at the shop), the van would be good-to-go, performance-wise. But it had to look the part, too.

"What I'm thinking," Pop said, "Is make the thing one a them classic Mexican hot-rod vans we used to have when I was a kid. Black metallic paint-job with red an yellow flames. Some chrome skulls and cow horns, you know what I mean?"

Meatsauce grinned slowly. "Yeah pop, I know exactly what you mean. I can do you one better." He threw up an AR display of his hacked design software and started sketching out his plan for the van's custom exterior. Full ruthenium paint job, with the base shifting from metallic black to near-white chrome over the course of ten seconds on constant loop. Flames, yeah, but these things will be moving constantly, licking back from the front fender all the way to the rear bumper along the lower third of the body, crackling and flickering on a random algorithm so it never gets stale. Instead of just standard spikes on the ramplate, each "spike" will be a chrome skull with long forward-facing horns. And another trio of chrome skulls on the roof just above the windshield. When the machine gun comes up out of the top of the van, the muzzle device will be another chrome skull, mouth wide open and fangs framing the gun's muzzle flash when firing. The skull will have actual holes for eyes so some of the escaping gas will actually spurt from the skull's eyes. And for the cherry, a very street-illegal sound system with literally ear-splitting bass to blare hours of anti-Aztlan metal.

Hopefully the custom exterior is still just Custom Ride I and I don't have to scale something else back to make it Custom Ride II.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I'm sticking to my dual pistols (it's what my skill points are in...AND it's nicely stylish!), but I know what I could use!

Ammo.

Lots of ammo.

Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of ammo for all of us.

Almost all a mix of stick'n'shock and gel rounds, but a bit off ex-ex wouldn't hurt either! I already have 42 rounds of stick'n'shock, but we probably want to have gel as well just in case the cops are packing nonconductive. I don't think we even need to ask why we'd want highly explosive rounds.

Also, everyone should have a first aid kit on them; rating 3 fits in your pocket, rating 6 is a backpack, so rating 3 or 4 should probably be good. Get some stim patches and a trauma patch if you can.

That reminds me, if I can customize: I'd like our murder armors to have nonconductive; gently caress off, tasers. And if you don't already have it, get flare on your visual equipment; gently caress off, flashbangs.

Anyways, I think we should start at safehouse 1 and end at safehouse 4. Though where we end probably isn't something to decide immediately, it's something we'll have to figure out in our exciting car chase!

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 21, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Disregard actual car stuff, turns out I don't have enough for it since using negotiation to reduce buying price isn't actually a rule, derp. I'll save it for the post run. Bought electronic warfare 1 since I need that to uh, operate most spygear. And assensing 1 so I can identify mages/cyber'd swat

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 22, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
That gear list looks good. I'll do the kick-off meeting with Neon tomorrow, a little afternoon. Any other requests or whatever should be posted by then.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Gear Dump [Everyone]
2072.2.20, Early Afternoon

You all arrive at the safehouse with time to set up and spare. The safehouse is a shithole out in Fanner's Branch, far enough from civilization that nobody is likely to even notice you. It's a large four-bedroom apartment with a big work area erected in the middle, build over a two-car garage that is attached. At about two o'clock PM on the day of the job, a few of Theo's guys stop by in a large SUV. The back is full of bags they unload. Six are identical, and are filled with the same contents. "One for each of you," said Gabe, the guy you know as Theo's employee.

In each duffel bag is the following items:

pre:
Murder Armor 
Armor: 13
Mod: Non-conductivity 4, Biomonitor, Custom Fit, Holster
Special Rules:
Characters shot while wearing Murder Armor may use an Interrupt Action (–5 Initiative Score) to
play dead with an opposed Charisma + Performance [Social] vs. Intuition + Perception [Mental] 
Test. Use of this armor imposes a –4 dice pool penalty on the observer. Success means the
observer ignores the character assuming they are down, and so they get no Defense Test against
the character’s next attack. Gorepak replacement requires a Logic + Armorer [Mental] (4, 1 hour)
Extended Test.

Helmet
- Thermographic Vision
- Flare Compensation

Headphones 6
- Select Sound Filter 3
- Spatial Recognizer 1
- Audio Enhancement 1

Handheld Sensor Housing (labeled: "Marked Bills / Dye Pack Detectors")
- Radio Signal Sensor 8
- Geiger Counter 8
- Ulstrasound 8

1 Area Jammer 3
5 Chem Patch: Jazz
1 Climbing Gear
2 Data Tap
1 First Aid Kit 4
1 Gecko-tape Gloves
1 Gas Mask + Extra Can
4 Light Stick
1 Micro-transceiver
1 Stimpatch Rating 6
1 Survival Kit
1 Tag Erasers
1 Thermite Burning Bar
1 Trauma Patch

They also unload two other bags with unique labels.
pre:
"Demo Kit". It's a hard-shell case, hermetically sealed.
 2  Thermite Burning Bar
10  Foam Explosive 20
 5  Plastic Explosive 10
10m High-Yield Det Cord
 4  Timer Detonator 3
 4  Radio Detonator 3

pre:
"Breaking and Entering". It's a softer bag, but larger.
2 Maglock Passkey Rating 4
2 Miniwelder
4 Miniwelder Fuel Canister
1 Monofilament Chainsaw
1 Area Jammer 5

Alongside that equipment, the back of their ride is filled with all sorts of ammunition.

Everyone has access to 200 Rounds APDS, 200 rounds Ex-ex, 200 rounds SnS.
Don't worry about clips; they're there, too.

There are also, for general consumption, the following grenades:
pre:
10 thermal smoke grenades
25 thermal smoke micro-grenades
10 gas: Pepper Punch grenades
25 gas: Pepper Punch micro-grenades
10 HE grenades
10 HE micro-grenades
10 Flash-bangs

They lay all of this out across the large work table erected in the middle of the apartment, rows of ammunition and bank robbery supplies. Gabe grins at it all, looking the haul over. "I can't believe you are all about to loving do this. This is going to be insane. Y'all are insane. And Neo-Night Productions is insane for footing this bill. Theo says your payment will be delivered to whichever safehouse y'all end up at, after a 72-hour cooldown period. That period is for your safety, not hers. Nobody needs to know where the lot of you are, and anyone visiting might tip it. So you get done, you get safe, you stay put until the manhunt is over, right? Oh, by the way, there have been some last-minute changes to the team. Guy named Meatsauce, another called Roland. Your muscle ducked out, and you needed a real driver. Should all be sorted, though."

He isn't there to fight you on it, though. Nobody's going to make you stay put. But hey, safe was safe. Anyway, there was some crime to commit.

Meatsauce showed up in the getaway car. It looks amazing.

Customized GMC
Handling: 3/3, Accel: 4, Speed: 5, Device: 3, Pilot: 1, Body: 14, Armor: 11, Sensor: 2
Mods: Rigger Interface, Concealed Armor Rating 5, Ram Plate, Customized Ride 1 (see below), Engine Customization: Speed, Run-Flat Tires, Turbocharger, Heavy Weapon Mount w/ Top-mounted FN MAG, Chameleon Coating, Spoof Chips, Morphing Plates

With all of the gear set up, it was time to get to it.

Everyone post what you're taking from the duffel bag, and other stuff. Who is carrying which kit? Who is taking grenades? How do you get to the airport? How do you get the getaway car parked near the bank? How near the bank?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 23, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boom Boom
31650 nY
6/22k |3/3 edge
+1 Intuition, +1 Logic +1 Willpower, +2 Mental limit, –1 Physical limit

Mar-, er, Betty "Boom Boom" MacKlusky, according to her SIN, walks in, mildly reeking of weed and looking as different from her usual self as two skinny WASP chicks possibly can. And ideally, NOT AT ALL like someone you're supposed to geek first. "Hey new guys, I do spells that don't involve killing people and making locks go away. I think this SIN I have is supposed to be some kind of godawful 'Daddy's girl gone bad' sort of thing." BB, eyes slightly glazed over, gives everyone around the room a closer stare (With [2] hits on an assessing test)

She heads over and grabs the standard gear bag and the B&E loadout. Between this the gun and her other tools this is going to be a rough haul. She starts stripping down the bags into something she can easily carry, dumping the thermite, climbing gear, survival kit, and gecko gloves, either she didn't need those, could reproduce them with magic, or someone larger, like that big vatjob dude they brought aboard, should be carrying. She grabs a few thermal micro'nades and grimaces at the rest of the contents. "PLEASE watch where you're chucking those." B.B. straps on the squib armor. "Hahah, some the Dying Swan poo poo, I always wanted a fake death scene. Emphasis on 'fake'."

The airport, uh, I assume we're driving there and then the van is being sent off on its own to go wait for us outside the building. I assume we're getting there by shooting our way out of the place?

[3] hits on disguise, not to look like someone per se, just to not look like me if the helmet comes off or whatever. Tripping on deepweed and psyche

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 24, 2015

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 1/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun: 0/11 Wound Modifier: 0

Delivery Time
Gabriel smiled as he left the stuffer shack, foci in tow. He was not used to that level of service. Though on the other hand he hadn't been able to tell how the deliveryman felt about meeting him there of all places.

Calm Before the Storm
Gabriel spends most of the week at home with Rafael and helping out in the barrio. Prior to his illness Gabriel wouldn't have spared much though for the latter, but he was increasingly aware of how much he relied on the neighborhood. So now he tried to give back when he could.
Little stuff usually, though sometimes he'd have opportunities to use his special talents. He wasn't exactly sure how he'd become the neighborhood medic, especially considering his poor training, but he'd decided early that he'd do his best.

He does take a day for himself getting to know the new foci and performing minor tests. He also takes the time to quicken a new Improved Willpower. On completion he instantly felt more relaxed, though he was increasingly unsure whether that was due to the intended effects or to the fact that having it on had become his new normal over the years.

F:6 Edged Improved Willpower: 13d6h5 5
Quickening with 1 karma.
Resist Drain - F:6 Improved Reflexes: 20d6t5 6
Drain resisted.

Gear Dump
2072.2.20, Early Afternoon

On the day of the job Gabriel gets a ride part of the way to the safehouse from Juan, Rosie's oldest brother, pretending his destination was in a nearby neighborhood. He walked the last 10 blocks. He tries to always do at least 5 but more is better for everyone involved.

Upon receiving the gear, Gabriel lets of a low whistle. He definitely wasn't used to this kind of treatment. No arguing about whether supplies were necessary like with the FA or having to gather it all yourself like most freelance jobs.

If Gabriel can carry everything in the personal duffel bag then he'll do that plus this from his own stuff:
x1 Antidote patch R:6
x1 Stim patch R:3
x1 Stim patch R:4
x1 Stim patch R:5
x1 Stim patch R:6
x2 Cram
x2 Zen
x25 Reagants

I vote for parking the car very near the bank, but only out of concern for Gabriel's lack of running prowess. Maybe south side of Elm & Lamar st? No idea on transportation to the airport or actually parking the getaway car.

Once the sun sets Gabriel spends some time summoning:
Summon F:6 Spirit of Man: 12d6t5 4
Spirit's roll: 6d6t5 2
Resist Drain - Summoning: 20d6t5 7
Drain Resisted
I'd like it to have innate spell (Lightning Bolt) and Psychokinesis.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

"Ah, no Roland, mis amigos. Soy Miguel, y yo seré su experto en demoliciones hoy."

What sweeps around the corner is a man straight out of the worst Aztechnology telenovelas--sharp-jawed, with long, flowing hair and a black combat jacket not quite buttoned high enough to conceal a toned chest and a silver cross on a chain. He gives the group a long, longing look, then stifles a laugh. "God, do I always get the worst SINs? They're never going to put two and two together, at least. Hey, sorry I missed you guys at the Sage on Friday, estoy hecho Roland. I shoot the bad men, they fall down." He looks down at himself and winces. "Usually I don't like to dress this poncy, I swear."

He walks over to the table, shuffling what WAS his braids out of his eyes as he pulls the demo kit into the light to read the label better. "Hmm... hm-hmm... yeah, this should be good. Bank vault's no joke but these should crack it if it's rigged right."

Thank you, Google Translate. If anyone wants to correct me on what really should be native-spoken Spanish, please do.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 28, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I'm so excited for this run. We're still waiting on Meatsauce, Drek, and Double-Tap.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Meatsauce

Meatsauce reaches into the grenade bag and grabs one HE, a Pepper Punch, and a flashbang. "Just in case," he says. "Not that I'm good at throwing these fuckin things, but you never know. That's what my pop says, anyway."

He holds up both hands and starts in on his plan for the van. "Here's what I think we do. I can unbolt the ramp plate from the front of the GMC and stash it inside. I'll switch the paint job to just plain black, and it'll just look like a standard beater van." He grins. "Y'know, with a few chrome skulls above the windshield. Nothing too crazy. Then, I'll park it down the block from the bank. When we need it, I'll whistle my new baby girl right over to the parking lot. Then we roll!"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap Edge: 4/7

Mr Newton

A little make up, the right suit (too large, to fit the armor), a few fake wrinkles, and voila. Chris Johnson, also known as Double Tap, the methodical if cheery Shadowrunner, was now Mr Newton, a no jokes bank robber, the straight laced one of the operation, creative but serious. He spent some time practicing his Firewatch moves, which is to say he watched a bunch of Ares action trids and knew how to copy the fake gunplay. He had his bark down just right.

He marched out to the rest of the gang, eyes hidden behind the sunglasses. "Alright! We leave soon! Be ready, new excuses! I am Mr Newton, and I will be masterminding this. Even with that rogue Neon. Get in line and I'll lead us through one hell of a Payday. Disagree and we'll see how far you go alone."

He can't help it; he breaks into a smile.

"Drek, I sound just like every rear end in a top hat boss I hated. I hope I don't get shot, but if I do, I hope some of the audience cheers a little. I was thinking I could get some animosity going with Neon early on, then one of us saves the other, and after that we're cool, yeah?"

He also grabs several of the grenades.

"I should note in advance - I have no idea how to throw one of these. If anyone here DOES, they should probably be grabbing some. I figure worse comes to worse, we drop them behind us on a timer. Well, ok, ABSOLUTE worse comes to worse, I throw one anyways and we see if I get lucky."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Roland laughs as Double Tap goes through his motions. "Hah, you sound like my old boss. Maybe if I play up the 'bad boy' angle we could get that to work." He turns his head, running his hand up through the hair in front of his eyes, before flicking it petulantly off around his head.

When he holds up the grenade, Roland grabs another--holding it up under the light. "Well, if you've ever thrown a baseball, same basic idea applies." He puts a finger through the pin. "Basic idea is that the pin isn't actually what's keeping the grenade from going off--that's the spoon, this metal thing. Pin holds down the spoon to keep that in place, like on a fire extinguisher. Once you pull the pin, so long as you don't let the spoon up, grenade's still... well, not harmless, asleep, say. Then you just throw it at the guy you don't like. And it's ALWAYS better to throw it too hard than not hard enough, doesn't matter what type of grenade it is."

Roland takes a broad selection of two grenades of each flavor. The micro-grenades go in grenade launchers, right? If so, I'm gonna take five each of those.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 3, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Sorry, I was trying to hold off for AtomikKrab, but dude's been crazy busy. Let's hope he'll manage to post a bit during the run, or at least talk to me about getting him NPC'd when it needs to happen during the run.

@Martello: You don't get money for the truck. It presumably had to be paid to someone for something by Meatsauce's pops.

@Redeye Flight: Yes, micro-grenades are for grenade launchers.

Stay Safe [Gabriel]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, Early Afternoon

Rafael could tell. He was sick, and he wasn't in great shape to be up and around, but the could tell that you were about to go do something dangerous. He made his way down the stairs and to the barrio with you the day before, spending the day while you helped others. He never brought up the subject, but when you left on Wednesday he have you a big hug and he told you to stay safe out there. Really, no matter what else, just stay safe out there. And before you left, breaking his line of sight and leaving him with Tri, before you could stop him, he laid a spell on you. He smiled from where he was sitting on the couch. "I'll stay awake, keep it sustained, until you get back. Stay safe out there, Gabe."

You have Armor 4 sustained on you for the duration of the run.

Visual Inspection [Boom-boom nee Marcina]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, The Safehouse

The two newcomers are clearly not magical, both fairly cybered. The one calling himself Miguel has Wired Reflexes, Muscle Replacement, Cyber-eyes, and Reaction Enhancers all wired in, and the one called Meatsauce was outfitted with pretty serious-business Cybereyes and a Control Rig. Double-Tap's aura popped out of Mr. Newton, seemingly unchanged since last you saw him, and Gabe was wearing a bit of new magic plus a Manipulation spell from an aura you didn't recognize. The hacker brought onboard wasn't 'wared up at all, which was a bit weird for a hacker, but his aura also had.... something stranger about it.

The T-Bird [Everyone]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 20:50 - The Airport

The night had turned cold and biting as the sun set, and the gray overhanging of clouds all day spent at least a little bit dropping snow flurries on the ride over. Nothing too problematic for the drive, but if it kept up, or got worse, it could promise to be an inconvenience for a high-speed vehicle trying to make an escape. And if you looked up the weather on your commlink, the forecast indicated it was going to do exactly that. The bright side, of course, was that your aerial approach would be harder to spot.

The lot of you looked like a group from one of those old ensemble crime flatvids, pulling off the part of the 'crazies' you were all supposed to be playing. You had all taken advantage of the gear available, loading out and loading up before you made your way across town in the nondescript SUV that had arrived, driverless, to ferry you there from the safehouse. The ride was uneventful, if a little cramped with all of you in a single vehicle.

The guard at the airport facility gate paid you barely no attention after checking the vehicle authentication; to him, you were just another group of wealthy pretty-people jet-setting to a place too exotic for him to afford dreaming of. And before long, you were all driving across the tarmac, loaded to bear and ready to meet Jackie Neon.

The vehicle made its way to Hanger 57, a large, private hanger that stood open, the lights on. Inside was a GMC Banshee in all of its glory, the engines still distorting the air around them with heat. The side door was open, revealing the interior, and you can see that it's been heavily modified from the stock setup. Hell, even if you haven't seen the inside of one, you were pretty certain that they didn't come off the line with a full-length leather bench on one side , a wet-bar on the other, and a coffee table with a built-in trid projector. On the other side, across from the entry door, were a full complement of currently-collapsed Nightwings, and the mechanism across the roof looked like some sort of mechanism that would assemble and launch them, one at at time.

Jackie was reclining on one of the couches.

There were several lines of novacoke cut out on tray on the table before him, and he was high and grinning. "Sup? Y'all the crew? I see Theo did her job, you all look legit enough. Welcome to the party bus! I assume you have all been briefed, so everyone get in, get set up, get buckled in, let's do introductions all around. I'm Jackie, obviously. And the man on the other side of that bullet-proof door is the esteemed pilot Kershaw, who will be taking care of us this evening. Now who are the rest of you?"

Almost as an afterthought, he picks up the tray and offers it around, making a second pass at Boom-Boom and giving her a sleazy wink. "Any of you want some blow?"

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 2, 2015

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

The T-Bird
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 20:50 - The Airport

Gabriel almost staggered at the sight of the Banshee. "This is the world I'm living in, where people put a lounge in a Banshee. What have I gotten myself into now?" He was no pilot but he was pretty sure if someone stole the bird, they'd be doing it a favor.

He slowly turned back to the Top 100 Most Common Runner Names he was browsing. Despite his braggadocio in the first meeting with Theo he didn't relish the idea of dress-up. He didn't begrudge those who did, but it just wasn't his forte. Nightwalker, Blaze, Slapshot, Ace, Wolf, Angel... He was running out of time. When it came time for introductions he ended up picking a name at random. "Nightwalker. I'm providing support on the awakened side of things."

He immediately regretted the choice.

Sighing, he did a quick astral once-over of Jackie and the pilot. Forewarned is forearmed after all.

Assensing: 2#8d6t5 2 3 Not expecting surprises, just figured it would be something he'd do to keep busy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Just NPC me, my life is such poo poo at the moment, maybe i'll come back in the future when I can actually do this. I'm Sorry

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap Edge: 4/7

Double Tap Mr Newton stared at the novacoke.

He really shouldn't.

Mr Newton wouldn't.

He can just get some after the heist.

But it was right there. He hadn't had some good novacoke in awhile. With these digs it was gonna be high class. We aren't even filming yet; it's entirely safe. Remember how you helped those dumb kids out? You should get a reward. Enjoy yourself. You've earned it.

Resist Temptation!: 9d6t5 4

Wait.

Was he thinking this? Or was someone whispering it into his ear?

He shook off the thoughts and re-established his gruff persona.

"Perfer to have my thoughts together for this, Mr Neon. Call me Mr Newton."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Roland found himself tensing up as he walked towards the T-Bird. God drat. This is actually happening. I haven't been out running in, what, years? But I'm about to get in a T-Bird and go bank robbing. Turned out thinking about it for a week hadn't really prepared him for being face-to-face with the concept.

Mercifully, the others walked in first, giving him a little bit of time to collect himself and get back into the mood. Suave. Easy. He grinned at the star, sidling in to one of the seats across the way. "Gracias, pero no debería. I am Miguel Vela. I will be providing the fireworks, tonight."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Liftoff [Everyone]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 20:52 - The Air

Jackie laughs at Gabe and shakes his hand. "Very good, Nightwalker. You can call me Jackie, or Neon, or anything in between. Nice to know we have a voodoo man onboard, because I try not to go inf or that creepy poo poo. Got some Deepweed here somewhere if you want that, though!"

He starts looking for the drug, but gets distracted by Newton's poking before he can find it. "Sounds like the least bit of fun you could have, Issac. Is it cool if I call you Issac? You know, like the scientist? What do you thing, Miguel? You look like the kind of guy who knows how to lighten up a job, hahaha! Should we call him Issac?"

He throws his head back in laughter, annoying, grating. His next comment is interrupted as Kershaw's voice comes on the speaker system. "This is your pilot Kershaw speaking. It's a nice night for a bank robbery, with the snowfall picking up. Careful of those winds, though. Now, I'm not sure how many of you got piloting skills, but the current setup is that all of those gliders back there are wired right into my RCC here in our jet, and I'll try to keep things smooth if you just hang the gently caress on. Snowfall will make a better approach, though, and probably more cinematic. Just be careful when you land on the roof, you don't slide too hard on it. Alright, main door closing, prepare for lift-off."

The door to the inside seals and you can feel the engines growl to life. Neon howls. The trid display in the middle of the cabin projects a 3D map of Dallas with the VTOL's current location and flight plan. Neon's grinning like an idiot, doing more novacoke, wiping his nose, continuing his inane conversation. "So, that's a robber, a boom-man, and a mage. Nerdy dude, you're probably the hacker, right? We'll just call you Gizmo or Servo or something. What else we got? Baby, you look like you know those guns! Want a hit?"

He offers Boom-boom a line, and... there was that whispering in her ear, urging her to take that coke from him as the plane gained altitude.

Gabriel

Your assensing reveals a myriad of 'ware in Jackie, from high-end taste boosters to a simrig. A lot of it was hard to piece together in make and model, though: it was mostly alphaware, and that inhibited your discerning its usage. As expected, he didn't have any magic on him.

The pilot escaped you, too, but for different reaspons: there was a magical ward, large and powerful, sewn across the cockpit area. It's weaker than your own magical power, and you could break it if you want, but without that the area was more or less opaque. At least the jet was secure.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Meatsauce

"I was always a cram kinda guy, but I'll sniff some nova." He stoops to do just that. Sniffing and rubbing his nose with his left hand, he reaches out his right to Jackie. "Name's Angelo, by the way. But my friends call me Toro."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boom Boom
31650 nY
6/22k |3/3 edge
+1 Reaction, +1 Charisma, +1 Perception +1 Intuition, +1 Logic +1 Willpower, +2 Mental limit, –1 Physical limit +1 Social Limit, High Pain Tolerance 1

She thinks she really shouldn't be mixing all this stuff, and she hated novacoke, the crashes were the worst, still, she was here to make a movie and that meant uh- authenticity, yeah. But really not she shouldn't
but, well... Nope. *SNIIIIIFEERK*

2 hits on the Say no to drugs roll, not enough

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 9, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

And then...

She was mildly miffed at the dude being a sleazebag, but it was on part to what you got for being an elf. Less pleasent was the realization that this fucker just expected to have a love interest handed to him. Well, there was time to be angry about that later. For now: :catdrugs:

Rolled 1 on 1d6 so times doubled

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

QuantumNinja posted:

Liftoff [Everyone]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 20:52 - The Air

Jackie laughs at Gabe and shakes his hand. "Very good, Nightwalker. You can call me Jackie, or Neon, or anything in between. Nice to know we have a voodoo man onboard, because I try not to go inf or that creepy poo poo. Got some Deepweed here somewhere if you want that, though!"

He starts looking for the drug, but gets distracted by Newton's poking before he can find it. "Sounds like the least bit of fun you could have, Issac. Is it cool if I call you Issac? You know, like the scientist? What do you thing, Miguel? You look like the kind of guy who knows how to lighten up a job, hahaha! Should we call him Issac?"

Miguel offers a laugh. "Isaac is good! Hopefully he doesn't get hit on the head as much, no?"

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

At the deepweed offer, Gabriel smirks. Though with his helmet on it was wasted. "No thanks, my partying days are far behind me. Using is strictly by necessity these days."

After that he drifts out of the conversation and decides to test out the select sound filter on the headphones. He turns on some music and proceeds to tune out everyone and everything but Kershaw. Then upon reflection he puts "Mr. Newton" on half volume. He was pretty sure that if anything important happened one of them would have something to say about it.

Ready to go whenever

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'm presuming this was the original script that was written for M's role

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Launch [Everyone]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 21:15 - The Air

The flight goes on for another fifteen minutes or so. Jackie Neon continues doing drugs and trying (quite miserably) to hit on Boom-boom, intermixed with making jokes about Issac to Miguel, while Toro and Nightwalker and Gizmo Servo are largely ignored by the would-be superstar. The trid plots the path to the jump zone and the VTOL stays true to the course, picking up plenty of speed. Without too much other warning, the red jump light comes on and the launch system mounted in the ceiling near the door plucks forth the first Nightwing, unfurling the glider. Then Kershaw's voice comes back on. "This is Kershaw, and we're more or less over the launch site. It's about time y'all jumped out of this perfectly good aer-o-plane. Right now the weather is a balmy negative one-point-oh-five celsius, so watch for that windchill on the way over! Now get the gently caress outta my ride."

The VTOL's side door slide mechanically open, cold air and light snow blowing in the door. Wind chill indeed! The cold weather caught Jackie's coke and blew it into the cabin in a cloud of powder, but he didn't seem to mind. No, Jackie had gone from coke-fueled playboy to coke-fueled adrenaline junkie in the course of the announcement. His eyes were sharp and his grin had turned from mania to excitement. "You heard the lady", he shouted, "let's loving jump!"

It's cold, but not enough for frostbite. Well, not immediately, anyway. Visibility is horrible, though. Are any of you flying your own Nightwings? If so, give me a Pilot Aircraft check. Anyone who has a witty one-liner as you jump, let's hear it.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap Mr Newton Edge: 4/7

"Please. It's just Mr Newton. After the Texas bank robbers."

Flying my own? Fuuuuuuuuck that!

DT bites back every urge to make a dumb one liner as he lines up to leap out of the aircraft.

"Let's go make ourselves an absolutely illegal amount of money."

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Miguel stares out the back hatch of the 'plane, looking down at the city below. "Ah, the good life. A daring raid, fantastic treasure, and fine company to enjoy it with afterwards." He grins over at "the camera"--Jackie. "What more could you ask for?"

And like that, he's gone, into the night.

But not flying my own Nightwing, I don't have the skills for that. I'll take what comes from the prerecorded flight path.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Right, I was hoping for more one-liners, but I guess I'm not gonna get 'em :sad:

Anyway, expect an update in an hour or two that will be the for-real start of the job. As in landing on the bank's roof and going to work.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Launch [Everyone]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 21:15 - The Bank Roof

As you glide near-silently through the snowfall, the skyline makes an excellent shot. With all the glowing neon shining through the pollution, Dallas really is beautiful. And you get a few minutes to yourselves up in the cold air, the RCC taking care of all of the flight details. You soar over the city, right through downtown, held aloft by the small engines in the Nightwings. Jackie, of course, moves like a swooping idiot, coming up from behind in fast, swooping motions, moving between the skyscrapers in dangerous banks that probably make for good simstim playback. You all get a little of that, just for the visual effect, but not too rough to be of any real consequence. Even so, the whole thing is enough to get the adrenaline going.

After the better part of ten minutes, the HKB building comes into view past the other high-rises that make up Dallas' bustling metropolis. The roof has maybe a half-inch of snow on it, and bright floodlights on top catch the falling snow as you make your descent. The rigger is legit, though, jumping between the Nightwings while maintaining holding patterns, bringing you down two at a time. By the time you're all down, the Nightwings set aside, Jackie's already brandishing an SMG and grinning at you all. The roof is loud, wind blowing and roaring, but Jackie shouts over it. "Now I ain't gonna pull rank or nothin', but I think we got a chance here to make some good decisions. Miguel, you want point? I'll back you with issac. Boom-boom, stick close to me, yeah? And, uh, Gizmo, I guess try not to get shot. Now, we going in the roof access, or y'all want to blow the roof and head down the freight shaft?"

Top Floor
Roof

Drek makes a face at Mr. Newton. "Sorry, this host is going to take a little more trickery than my first try. You wanna wait a few seconds, or what?"

Jackie, still coked-out and grinning stupid, yells over the wind at y'all, "gently caress it. Y'all got the demo kit, right? Let's blow something up!"

Demo check from Miguel!

-----------

I'm gonna NPC the decker unless I can get someone else to play him p quick here. Assume cameras and electronic locks will be taken care of unless I say otherwise, and if you have specific decker requests, :justpost:

Also, in what I'm sure is going to be a really bad idea, here's a gambit to get y'all posting again: you do poo poo onscreen, you get bonus pay and bonus royalties (because you're making the movie sell better). I'll also keep track of the stolen money and the estimated gross film value, which will tie into your payouts.

pre:
BB: Boom-Boom, MN: Mister Newton, MI: Miguel, NW: Nightwalker, TR: Toro

Current Payout [Units: 1000Y]
                  BB MN MI NW TR
Base Payout       40 40 40 40 40
Plane Jump Line       2  2

Current Royalties (Units: Percentage)

BB   MN   MI   NW   TR
Base Payout      .10  .10  .10  .10  .10
Plane Jump Line  .000 .005 .005 .000 .000

Current Film Gross Estimate: 300,000
Current Bank Take: 0
That's .0010 percent by the day, as in one-tenth of one percent base.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Miguel nods, unseating and unsealing the demo kit. "We're going to be making a big enough splash anyway, eh? Might as well get started early!"

I'll take recommendations on just how I should do this. Is there actually access to the elevator up here or am I going to be blowing the whole mechanism down into the building? That'll determine what gets used out of the kit. Oh God it's been a while. I think this roll is correct. If I can blow the elevator doors then I'm going to use detcord for that and maybe one of the thermite to melt the winch off the frame. If not, I'm just gonna blast the supports off the roof with the brick C4, I think.

Fire In The Hole!: 7d6t5 3

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 24, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
It actually does go up to the roof, because short-range jets are readily available and the bank gets deliveries (and CEO deliveries) that way.

You could just try to blow the elevator doors up or whatever, or the wall for the elevator shaft.

How much explosive are you using? Are you tamping it?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Probably just the wall to the elevator shaft then, actually. I didn't think of that.

I think in that case I'm going to use two blocks of the plastic explosive, molded so they punch a rough doorway shape into the shaft. If you don't think that's enough I have no problem using more, but I don't want to expend too much lest I wind up needing it downstairs. Not actually going to blow the winch on second thought; I'll rig it to blow (or melt, rather, with one of the thermites) in case someone decides to run the elevator to screw with us, but we might want to make use of it at some point.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap Mr Newton Edge: 4/7

Mr Newton draws one of his pistols as he lands and gets his rope and harness ready, nodding.

"We were always going to go loud. Miguel, blast open that elevator. Faster this way, anyways."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Miguel goes to work, unpacking two of the grey-tinted explosive blocks and placing them on the wall of the elevator shaft. A radio detonator goes into the 2-kilogram explosive package, and you all retreat to the other side of the roof when he gives the signal. The explosion detonates with a resounding boom, throwing concrete shrapnel into the air, across the rooftop, and into the elevator shaft.

The explosion does double base damage since it's applied directly to the barrier, and it does 15 instead of 10 due to two charges. That's (15+3) * 2, or 36P potential damage. It also halves the wall's Armor, giving it 22 dice to soak damage with. Buying hits, that's 5 less damage, for a total of 31P. That's enough damage for a ~2.5m hole.

The debris momentarily inhibit visibility, but it doesn't seem to be effecting Jackie much. With a loud whoop, he pulls on a combat helmet and shouts, "Alright, let's get on this poo poo. We got some money to make, boys and girls!"

Drek moves to the now-gaping hole in one side of the elevator shaft, plugging his deck directly into the shaft's controls. The freight elevator's winch whines as the elevator comes zipping up, stopping at to the top floor. It's maybe a meter drop from the edge of the hole to the top of the elevator, and Jackie makes it look negligible. Turning back to look at you, he says, "poo poo, it's too easy. Straight down, right?"

I need to know who is on the elevator with Jackie and who does not immediately follow. I need everyone to make Surprise checks (Rea + Int) and roll Initiative.

pre:
BB: Boom-Boom, MN: Mister Newton, MI: Miguel, NW: Nightwalker, TR: Toro

Current Payout [Units: 1000Y]
                 BB MN MI NW TR
Base Payout      40 40 40 40 40
Plane Jump Line      2  2
Elevator Breach         2

Current Royalties (Units: Percentage)

BB   MN   MI   NW   TR
Base Payout      .10  .10  .10  .10  .10
Plane Jump Line  .000 .005 .005 .000 .000
Elevator Breach  .000 .005 .005 .000 .000

Current Film Gross Estimate: 450,000
Current Bank Take: 0

Objectives posted:

1. Nightwing flight over downtown Dallas onto bank building
2. Neutralizing top-floor security (and probably scuffing a VP's face)
3. A shoot-out with the corporate security on the first floor
4. Cracking the vault and stealing anything untraceable
5. Shooting it out with the cops
6. Thrill-ride escape in a van

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 25, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I'm coming down with Jackie, my job is up front. Also Orokos is getting back at me for something, I think.

Initiative: 11d6t5 2

Surprise!: 17d6t5 7

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Redeye Flight posted:

I'm coming down with Jackie, my job is up front. Also Orokos is getting back at me for something, I think.

Initiative: 11d6t5 2

Surprise!: 17d6t5 7

Your initiative is 11 + 2d6. I'll take the first two dice from that roll, giving you an initiative of 17.
Also, you should have rolled 11 dice for your surprise test unless I missed something on your sheet. Truncating still hits the threshold to avoid surprise, though.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boom Boom
31650 nY
6/22k |2/3 edge| 13+3d6 Init
+1 Reaction, +1 Charisma, +1 Perception +1 Intuition, +1 Logic +1 Willpower, +2 Mental limit, –1 Physical limit +1 Social Limit, High Pain Tolerance 1

Marcina enjoyed the pretty pretty lights on the way down while the rigger piloted hopefully to their not impending death. She touches down lightly as hurries up behind Jackie. The dude was gross but she had to make him look good to get her paycheck. Streuth, was this how it felt to be a wage slave all the time?

Ew. Anyways, she's pressed up right behind him when he heads down the shaft. "I've really never really done this thing before, have you?" If she had been standing next to herself Marcina would've slapped herself for making that line, but maybe it'd work on this dork.

[First attempt at casting Imp reflexes @ F4] (ignore the name)[No drain]
[Second attempt]+[edge rerolls], limit reduces that to 4 hits, so that adds +4 init +2d6 to my +9+1d6, [no drain]
[Six hit on surprise roll]
[Init is 20]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

QuantumNinja posted:

Your initiative is 11 + 2d6. I'll take the first two dice from that roll, giving you an initiative of 17.
Also, you should have rolled 11 dice for your surprise test unless I missed something on your sheet. Truncating still hits the threshold to avoid surprise, though.

That was me forgetting how initiative worked, I thought it was "roll as many dice as your score." Which in fairness is how most other stats do work. That forgetfulness carried over to the other check, which is why it says 17.

• Locked thread