Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Use the element that he's weak to (water). Otherwise look at the VC skills of your characters and set up a rotation switching between front and back lines. Debuffs on the enemy are better than buffs on you percentage wise. Don't forget to use the AF attack.

If all else fails, level up.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
A quick tip for people here is that if you swap Morgana for Joker (who starts on your backline), you get a really strong AoE dmg skill on entry that doesn't cost mana. It's strong enough that if you have Joker at 60 with his weapon, you can one-shot all the units in Beast King Castle level 1. Thus, you can farm indefinitely with this strategy, leveling units and earning git. If you want to get fancy, you can make a macro in Nox to do this 24/7 to level all your units to 80.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I like this game, but I'm so loving tired of having to do the HELP > Reaquire Data EVERY SINGLE TIME there's an app update. :argh:

Also, once you get said App Update, there's a :siren: Free Draw! :siren:

Claim the Token from your Inbox, then use it on the Sky Lesson's Token Banner under Regular.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So I did a ten draw with free stones.

What do I get?

5-star Another Style Mariel, and 5-star Hismena, pretty much back to back. I had regular 5-star Mariel already, so I snagged free 16 Light for her on top of the class change.

Sure, why not. Sweep the banner in one go.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 22, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Just know that we all hate you right now.

I haven't had any exciting pulls since I got AS Isuka.

At some point the 5* characters will outnumber the 4*s. Or all the 4*s will also have 5* modes. Lol

Fezz fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 22, 2020

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If it's any consolation, I tried like 3k free stones on the Suzette banner and just got multiple Claudes for my trouble.

I am kinda tempted to try for Dunarith, but I randomly picked up the other 5 star on the banner, Myrus when I drew AS Mighty, so I am leery.

Ah well, means I have stones for Myunfa.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 22, 2020

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

new dungeon in the update just craps out experience. Now you can much more easily level your buds. It also awards exp badges so they are a bunch easier to get.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cerepol posted:

new dungeon in the update just craps out experience. Now you can much more easily level your buds. It also awards exp badges so they are a bunch easier to get.

Yeah, I just dis a comparison and a single fight in that dungeon ghives as much xp as 10 level 60 fights in the wild (snake neck if that matters). One hard dungeon got my spear halfway through level 6.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I've been enjoying this game off and on, and the ticket gave me my first five star character which is nice. Aside from two 4 stars that could be unlocked to 5 I guess.

Do I actually need to keep Aldo in the party and leveled up?

He's capped at 3 stars currently, but I've got a bunch of good 4 star people that could take that slot for now till he can hit 4 stars

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I've been enjoying this game off and on, and the ticket gave me my first five star character which is nice. Aside from two 4 stars that could be unlocked to 5 I guess.

Do I actually need to keep Aldo in the party and leveled up?

He's capped at 3 stars currently, but I've got a bunch of good 4 star people that could take that slot for now till he can hit 4 stars

Nope. There's a couple of times he's needed but the game will explicitly tell you and you can njust shove some xp scrolls in to bring him up to an appropriate level.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Nope. There's a couple of times he's needed but the game will explicitly tell you and you can njust shove some xp scrolls in to bring him up to an appropriate level.

Nice, that makes me way more interested in playing through the rest of the story. Being stuck with a 3 star dude forever would've been awful

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Nice, that makes me way more interested in playing through the rest of the story. Being stuck with a 3 star dude forever would've been awful

Just know that if, for example, the game says "only Aldo and Character will be allowed in this next section" it's not a cinematic and you should put at least some effort into leveling folks up and handing them appropriate gear. There's another character who gets one of those scenes in the second chapter (whatever it's called, after the main story they kept making more) and while he can do it at the level he joins, give him a sword or he's toast.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Also there's a free 10-pull coupon, a couple of free 4-star units, and 50 crystals a day through the end of the month to celebrate the game getting... released in new countries? I think that's what "world tour" means, I admit I skimmed.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Also there's a free 10-pull coupon, a couple of free 4-star units, and 50 crystals a day through the end of the month to celebrate the game getting... released in new countries? I think that's what "world tour" means, I admit I skimmed.

When does the game reset at the moment, I'll have to make sure to keep up in that case

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

When does the game reset at the moment, I'll have to make sure to keep up in that case

Cat delivery is 10AM eastern (7 Pacific), some other things reset at 10PM, no clue if daylight savings nudged those.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Drew Another Style Shanie off the free 10-ticket.

Rest was trash, but I will not argue with that result.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I finally started this game up and I think I just missed the window to get the free 10 pulls? Unfortunate but with my limited free time I probably won't get to the point where I'll be able to pull for quite a while anyway.

I like the idea of it just being a free game that you can gacha on if you want to, but I plan to play it just for the designs and the story if I can avoid getting hooked. I love Chrono Trigger and it seems like a meaty enough JRPG with just the base characters so far.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just booted the game for the first time in weeks and also didn't get anything. :shrug:

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you folks are missing the new things, I'd double check to make sure that your app itself is up to date. Even though you can still play if it isn't, you need to be on the latest version to actually get the items, which should arrive in your inbox once you're on version 2.1.300 up. I had to do the same last night here, same as with any "new update, free things" items.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I got 2 5 stars (anabel and shanie) from the free 10 pull, than drew 5 star veina from the very next single pull lol.

Anyway, are there any of the free/story 5 star people worth leveling up other than joker and morgana?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

baby delivery truck posted:

Anyway, are there any of the free/story 5 star people worth leveling up other than joker and morgana?
I'd also like to know this! I immediately dropped the MC to fill my party up with pretty girls since I got fairly lucky with my 10 pull- not lucky enough for 5 stars but I got some good design 4 stars.

I'm assuming I won't have to worry about party composition and choosing the right people til later in the game and I don't plan to go hardcore on the endgame anyway so I'm trying not to go crazy deep diving into tier lists and whatnot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'd also like to know this! I immediately dropped the MC to fill my party up with pretty girls since I got fairly lucky with my 10 pull- not lucky enough for 5 stars but I got some good design 4 stars.

I'm assuming I won't have to worry about party composition and choosing the right people til later in the game and I don't plan to go hardcore on the endgame anyway so I'm trying not to go crazy deep diving into tier lists and whatnot.

Having a healer is pretty big, though the freebie healer's "good enough" until you get a better one or Morgana. 4-stars pull ahead of 3-stars pretty quickly, but are fine for at least the main story (what's that called, first chapter? Section One?) though if you have 5-stars you'll feel them pulling ahead by the endgame of Part One. I've got full 5s now so I don't know if 4s are still viable in Part Two onwards, but that's the point you're going to start being able to access materials to rank folks up so you can grind folks up to 5-stars if you didn't pull any naturally.

I honestly don't know when the freebie characters become able to be 5-starred. I need to go do their side missions and see if I can figure it out. I think Joker and Morgana are the only ones who join as 5* rather than just having the option.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Also gets his five star in Episode 1.5 part 1. Amy and Guildna in part 2. Helena & Riica's five stars are part of the Azure Rebel event. Cyrus gets his in the Celestial Tower Event.

That's all the chapter 1 free characters. You can either farm for their upgrade tomes or buy them from the Nopaew.

Apparently, you can also get a 5* AS for Saki after IDA 2 and there is another free 5* in IDA 3 and both are supposed to be pretty good, but AS Saki is not easy.

The new XP dungeon has helped with my level grinding though.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 15, 2020

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Is there a lot of this unskippable talking throughout the game or is it just in the intro? A gacha game with no stamina mechanics sounds great right about now but I want zero plot in my mobage.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I can't speak for the endgame since I'm still only in the first chapter but I think this may be the exact opposite of what you're looking for. It seems to be a meaty single player RPG with a lot of plot and a gacha element sort of tacked on to make it profitable. That's the impression I get.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

...It seems to be a meaty single player RPG with a lot of plot and a gacha element sort of tacked on to make it profitable. That's the impression I get.

That's exactly what it is.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

AS Gariyu event coming tomorrow along with AS Yuna banner.

This is when they introduce ZONES mechanic and if you manage to roll for Yuna, she'll make this event a cakewalk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So where do I find this new Super XP Dungeon? Or, probably the better question to ask, how far in the Main Story do I have to progress to unlock access to it?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

So where do I find this new Super XP Dungeon? Or, probably the better question to ask, how far in the Main Story do I have to progress to unlock access to it?

I think it's chapter 11 for hard dungeons and 25/end of part 1 for very hard dungeons.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sodium Chloride posted:

I think it's chapter 11 for hard dungeons and 25/end of part 1 for very hard dungeons.

Pretty sure I'm not there yet, then. I only recently obtained Joker and Morgana, so I think I have a ways to go still. Thanks.

Edit
Hmm... My current quest, Return To Elzion: Reflections Of Professor Chronos says Chapter 14...

Where on the map do I go to see if they're unlocked for me?

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 26, 2020

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Spacetime Rift, tap on the door next to the girl, tap Sealed Realm. Transitory is the exp one, the other is money.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 27, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Anyone have any tips on beating Ogre Zennon in chapter 44? Is it just a matter of rotating in and out? Any suggestions for teams? Physical or magic?

Edit: It was just rotating. I must have been too worried about the arms the first time.

Now I need to finish the AS Saki fights and then it's off to IDA 3 and Mana here I come.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 27, 2020

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Anyone get anything good from the ticket? I just got a mix of 3 and 4 stars.

The only good thing I pulled recently was 4.5 Dewey.

I also am running the VH Volcano trying to get Gariyu's upgrade tome and I've gotten two AS treatises and 3 5 star upgrade tomes for characters I don't have.

I did beat fight 4 for AS Saki and have started IDA 3.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Fezz posted:

Anyone get anything good from the ticket? I just got a mix of 3 and 4 stars.

The only good thing I pulled recently was 4.5 Dewey.

I also am running the VH Volcano trying to get Gariyu's upgrade tome and I've gotten two AS treatises and 3 5 star upgrade tomes for characters I don't have.

I did beat fight 4 for AS Saki and have started IDA 3.

Got a 5* Renri, a meh consolation from pulling 7 times on AS Yuna and not getting anything good.

If you don't have OG/AS Yuna, go straight for Mana if you can (requires finishing IDA3 story). She's up there with Mariel with how her support can simplify a lot of bosses.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I literally got 10 dupes of 3 and 4 star characters, including THREE of the nerd with the chemist vials in his art.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I have saved the world about ten times over. I wield the cursed sword of Ogrekind and have slain their leader. I venture repeatedly into an abandoned factory to get the materials required to stop yet another superweapon. And after that who knows what further trials I shall undergo.

All to progress far enough that I can unlock AS Akane's last skill so she's actually useful on my team. Why does it require completing chapter 50?

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Bruceski posted:

All to progress far enough that I can unlock AS Akane's last skill so she's actually useful on my team. Why does it require completing chapter 50?

I happen to have also just unlocked and completed AS Akane's quests, and as far as I can speculate, it's because the plot of the quest has Aldo familiar with characters only introduced from chapter 50.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

DarciisFyer posted:

I happen to have also just unlocked and completed AS Akane's quests, and as far as I can speculate, it's because the plot of the quest has Aldo familiar with characters only introduced from chapter 50.

Yeah, I get why in that sense, but man it's been frustrating. She was one of my first 5-stars and every time I seemed to be making progress through the chapters I had to go do some side-story. And now I just pulled AS Yuna so I'm rethinking my team anyway. Does anyone have a number on her XL regen skill and how it would compare to Morgana healing?

Just got to the new continent. I like how the preview movie is in all the different languages. It's a nice touch.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
AS Yuna's regen is definitely better than Mona's.

I did get Gariyu's tome. Took longer than any other single tome I've gone after. I think I'll set my sights on Yuna's, next.

Managed to get Fienne to 4*s and have started the other episodes to unlock the next big story quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

How do buffs/debuffs stack? Looking at my team I currently have:
Melina -- Debuff physical resist, buff power
Joker -- Debuff type resistance, buff own power/int
Mighty -- Buffs own int

And then Yuna (not AS, I misread so it doesn't favor a water team) brings in a buff to power/int and a debuff to either enemy type or physical resist (I'd bring her regen so can't use all four).

Edit: okay, found a breakdown. They suffer heavily from diminishing returns but different kinds of buffs/debuffs can be active at the same time. So I think I would use Yuna's buff and pick the other based on the enemy (since those skills also debuff enemy power/int), using Joker or Melina to give the other debuff. Then I can focus on damage from Mighty, Joker/Melina (easy for Melina since her debuff is her damage attack) and my other characters who weren't bringing any debuffs anyway. As an added bonus since Akane's attack is fire/slash and so benefits from both debuffs, pushing to get her last skill isn't a waste. Mona's still got the debuff to enemy power/int/speed all in one, but I think he's the weak link here assuming Yuna's regen performs fine for healing.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 4, 2020