Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Kirby owns and is made of dreams and the games are fun. Rainbow Curse will follow this trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
if you don't like Kirby you are probably incapable of dreaming so we can't really call you alive in any sense of the word

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

mysterious loyall X posted:

Kirby is freaking awesome!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrG5sEYu80

gently caress yes brah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Kirby is freaking awesome!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Which one is this going to be.

A good one

Killer Low Life
Sep 6, 2010

kirby super star was the best hands down

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Killer Low Life posted:

kirby super star was the best hands down
super star is the best regular kirby, canvas curse is the best spinoff and clay kirby is a sequel to that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Triple Deluxe and Return to Dreamland are my favorites by far. Amazing bosses and all of them have a harder form with more moves. Not to mention the music...

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Amazing mirror is pretty great too, they took the idea behind great cave offensive and roided it the gently caress out

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I haven't played Triple Deluxe but I really want to. Superstar is my favorite, though. It had a lot of variety.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I really liked Canvas Curse, so I think I'll this game a whole lot as well.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Kirby games are good because they have a fun cute art style, great music, simple yet fun gameplay, and some kind of unique mechanic that keeps it interesting. As long as this game can maintain those standards then I will consider it a success.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Treebeh posted:

Kirby games are good because they have a fun cute art style, great music, simple yet fun gameplay, and some kind of unique mechanic that keeps it interesting. As long as this game can maintain those standards then I will consider it a success.

It's 1/3rd of the number of Wii-U games coming out from now until the end of April.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
I can't wait to break Whispy's nose for the 90th time.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Yobgoblin posted:

I can't wait to break Whispy's nose for the 90th time.

Motherfucker's going to be crying tears of clay this time. It'll be a whole new experience.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Ivy posted:

Motherfucker's going to be crying tears of clay this time. It'll be a whole new experience.

It's about time the canvas curse style showed up again.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The entire basis of every single Kirby game that I have played is that he sucks.

i think this might be the worst post you've ever made.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This game looks okay but since we already hit the zenith of Kirby games with Kirby Super Star, every Kirby game will be a disappointment now.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I bought this today and I can't wait to play it later. Kirby is cool. :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seiferguy posted:

This game looks okay but since we already hit the zenith of Kirby games with Kirby Super Star, every Kirby game will be a disappointment now.

return to dreamland owns, and is on the level of superstar

they need to release superstar ultra on virtual console already so i can loving replay it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AHungryRobot posted:

i think this might be the worst post you've ever made.

It's a pun.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

return to dreamland owns, and is on the level of superstar

they need to release superstar ultra on virtual console already so i can loving replay it

Nintendo DS virtual console...... whoa

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

seiferguy posted:

You're living in the past. Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe have already surpassed Kirby Super Star.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

obviously, but you also meant it literally judging from your other posts, which is insanely, incredibly moronic.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

AHungryRobot posted:

obviously, but you also meant it literally judging from your other posts, which is insanely, incredibly moronic.

Don't respond to him, dude.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
When's kirby's dream course as one of those multiplayer phone games where you don't both play at the same time Nintendo?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzrzzyvXnM4

this song is epic. The mother 3 composer has still got it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AHungryRobot posted:

double entendre

it also has received pretty middling reviews. Like this is Yoshi's Story unremarkable.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Kirby games are mindlessly easy with zero substance behind their gameplay and therefore bad.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Slur posted:

Kirby games are mindlessly easy with zero substance behind their gameplay and therefore bad.

gently caress you, bad-opinion-haver.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Slur posted:

mindlessly easy is something like elmo's letter adventure for the n64. kirby games aren't the hardest on the block by any means but don't be loving ridiculous. it also depends on which game you're talking about specifically. the 'zero substance' part is complete and utter nonsense, though.

Dec 26, 2012

Slur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The game just doesn't feel as well put together as Rayman legends or Tropical Freeze.

It's like a step below New Super Mario bros. It's a game that just doesn't measure up in the gameplay department and is really light on content.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

The game just doesn't feel as well put together as Rayman legends or Tropical Freeze.

It's like a step below New Super Mario bros. It's a game that just doesn't measure up in the gameplay department and is really light on content.

you played it? i thought you didn't like kirby.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AHungryRobot posted:

I don't dislike something just out of association.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
neither do i. but there's a difference between not liking a couple of games in a franchise and disliking almost the entire franchise itself. maybe that's not how you really feel but that definitely how you come across to me as.

if you didn't like it, fine. i haven't played the game myself so maybe it isn't all that great.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

AHungryRobot posted:

dont talk to him dummy

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

dont talk to him dummy

i made like two posts responding to the guy. relax. i'm not here to have a 10 page debate with the loving taint reaper of all people, believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

AHungryRobot posted:

i made like two posts responding to the guy. relax. i'm not here to have a 10 page debate with the loving taint reaper of all people, believe me.

Yeah uhuh keep telling yourself that

*whizzes of in the Carebear Cloud Car*

• Locked thread