Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Developing film is as easy as boiling an egg.

You need a developing tank with a reel that fits 127 film, i think most tanks are actually compatible with it.

Check out by eye if the shutter moves consistently, give it a couple dozen clicks to free up. Sometimes they bind a bit.

You do benefit from something to practice putting the film onto the developing reel with. That doesn't have to be 127 film, perhaps someone can send you a roll of "waste" 120 film which works the same with the backing paper, no sprocket holes and such.
You try it a couple times in the light, then in the dark, before doing it with the film that actually contains your pictures.

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Oly-17 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Oly-21 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Oly-1 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Oly-2 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Olympus E100 eclipse 26 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Olympus E100 eclipse 10 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Some more that I liked from my trip to Arkansas last month.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Film is hard

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Some pictures I took out in Boston with a cheap disposable Kodak.

Allegory

Squirrel

Aerial

Tunnel

Alley

Old and New

Memento Mori

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 20, 2024

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
snip

Ohtori Akio fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 24, 2024

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
New camera day!

Got off of a place that claims to have CLA’d it and it’s sparkling and smooth (focus is almost too smooth)

It’s not hugely smaller than my X-700 but it feels smaller. The loading system is rad. Rangefinder focus is weird but kinda cool, will take some getting used to

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dupersaurus posted:

New camera day!

Got off of a place that claims to have CLA’d it and it’s sparkling and smooth (focus is almost too smooth)

It’s not hugely smaller than my X-700 but it feels smaller. The loading system is rad. Rangefinder focus is weird but kinda cool, will take some getting used to

I have a smaller one :smugmrgw:

(not my picture, I'm at work)

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

dupersaurus posted:

New camera day!

I've always wanted to try one of those! Definitely post up some scans from your first roll and first impressions from using it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I’ve got a Braun Paxette and they’re a nice little guy rangefinder

They did fixed and interchangeable lens versions as well as rangefinder and extinction light meter versions so you wanna know what you’re getting when you buy one. Small, charming, neat styling.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Megabound posted:

I’ve got a Braun Paxette and they’re a nice little guy rangefinder

They did fixed and interchangeable lens versions as well as rangefinder and extinction light meter versions so you wanna know what you’re getting when you buy one. Small, charming, neat styling.

That is pretty cute. I miss my Olympus XA, having a pocketable rangefinder is really nice. I do have a Lomo LCA someone gave me because they decided they weren't into it and knew I liked cameras. It's quite small and actually has a decent little lens on it, but I am trash at scale focusing and it's annoying not being able to select the aperture. But when it hits, it hits.

That camera reminded me of one of the other interesting things I saw at that camera swap last weekend, a box with 3 semi-working Aires V cameras + some lenses with a pretty eyewatering asking price. I was curious and struck up a conversation, it's an interchangeable rangefinder with a leaf shutter built into the body (which apparently bankrupted the company). Had no idea such a thing existed, postwar Japan was really just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what suck, which is pretty cool IMO.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

so uhh where are you all getting C41 chemicals from these days? my initial batch of the CS41 stuff is nearing the end of its life and I wanted to try something different, but google results from even 5 months ago seem to be out of date as more companies are stopping making/selling the stuff

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I normally get mine at b&h but I haven't bothered shopping around for it in a few years.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Out and about in Bergen

Ektar 100:

Fuji 400:

Superia 400:

UltraMax 400:

I really love the 100mm lens! A friend recommended me Ektar 100, and what a film! Really powerful colours.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

FreudianSlippers posted:

Some pictures I took out in Boston with a cheap disposable Kodak.
Tunnel

Admiral Bosch posted:

Olympus E100 eclipse 26 by Joseph Harrington, on Flickr

Some more that I liked from my trip to Arkansas last month.

I really love these!

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

afen posted:

A bunch of amazing photos

Really good stuff here

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

So for future referece, what's the canonical way to cut up a 36exp roll so it all fits on an 8x10 contact print? Or do I need to just junk the first or last picture of the roll and do 7 rows of 5 shots?

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo
Nikon FM2, 50mm f/1.2
Kentmere 400 @ 800; rodinal semi-stand 1+110 1:00
flatbed scanned @ 2400dpi

Edit: balls++

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 26, 2024

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I took a trip to Richmond & the Williamsburg area and shot about 3 rolls. I finally got the pictures back from Memphis Film lab. I think they'll be my new go-to lab, they're priced right and the scans are great. I was using the Darkroom before but its more expensive and I always questioned the quality the scans.

Ektachrome, Pentax ME Super 50mm (except for the first picture, that's my cheapo vivitar 70-210mm zoom & portra)

I think you can see some X-ray damage on this one. Unfortunately I have some old rolls that got damaged at some point.

There was a cat in this window but you can't really see it :( Which crop do people like better?

Fomapan 100, Kodak Rentina IIa 50mm
I was really impressed by this camera & film! I used the camera once with some Ektar years ago and then it sat on my shelf until I got it serviced. The fomapan fits the old lens nicely

Cat again. I was taking pictures of every cat-in-a-window in Richmond.

a dingus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 26, 2024

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

love this one especially, nice development!

a dingus posted:

great shots

i really like the look of the ektar, that door shot is awesome.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
2 more kentmere rolls; same kit and process.

K400 @ 800

Great combo for grain if that's your wont. Pushes surprisingly well, but the highlights can still run away like with Double-X.

K100 @ 200

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 27, 2024

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those are cool. I've been sleeping on black & white but after my Fomapan roll I've been into it. Gotta try kentmere and get my darkroom set up.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Kentmere is pretty solid. I'm using it in 35mm rolled from bulk, as well as in 120. It's a thinner emulsion with less anti-halation compared to FP4 or HP5+.

K400:

K100:

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 28, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I love Polaroid

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

That is a remarkably smooth and clean bartop. Great shots, really like that one.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Canon Sure Shot Supreme, K100 in 200 DX coded cassette

Good performer and relatively silent operation. The QD back is still applicable, surprisingly.

Edit: and a couple of trichromes; K400 @ 1000. Nikkor Auto GN 45mm & pinhole.

Sure Shot + red filter

Father O'Blivion fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 30, 2024

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
How many rolls of film do you all normally bring on vacation?

I have quite the conundrum. I have too much film and can't decide what to bring on my 11 day European family vacation. I was thinking one roll a day with a mix of ~500 to 50 iso. I snagged 4 rolls of 50D and 4 rolls of 500T from Atlanta film Co and I think I'll take 3 rolls of e100.