Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The Gun

Aiki: 7| Kiai: 14 |Emotion: Regret 4 |Soul 15/18| Super speed 8 rounds/11| Vit 9/12| Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Understand the Human World 3

"Hello again!" The Gun calls to Yurie, just as he fires at the ground and everything goes white for a moment.

I will take my bribes and the risk of bringing stuff down. I'm not really planning to atomize the dogs! It's more just divert/distract/open up new options as much as anything. Also a big signal for everyone else as to where we are, potentially.

So Falling star shot on the ground: 5 successes

+3 more for super-speed

Total of 8 successes to shoot...a big hole in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Tankyuusha
Aiki: 6 | Kiai: 0 | Kiai Spent: 10 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 3 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 4
Overdrive: 9

Tankyuusha doesn't just swoop in go grab Mino - he grabs the samurai holding Mino and does something awkward that involves stacking, yet somehow seems to work, carrying the both of them.

"While I envy you at times, I cannot help but notice being flesh and bone has it's disadvantages."

Movement: 13d6u2 6
I'm guessing a 6 can cover Jugemu and far more!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Things:

1) Don't forget to pick a path when you're rolling and you know you've beaten the difficulty. That's what success gets you.

2) The Gun's blast is noticeable by everyone, at least as some kind of explosion. Whether you link it to the Gun itself is up to you.

It does not collapse the tunnel around that group this turn, but it does dissuade the dog horde from chasing you. You can remain stationary this turn if you so desire with no repercussions.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Whoops, I goofed and messed this post up. Here's the replaced text from a tab history:

Shinobu
Aiki: 11 | Kiai: 3 | Soul: 18/24 | Goal: Remember Objective 2 | Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 3 | Destiny: ? ?

drat, worm-dogs are smart enough not to run straight into the Gun's shots. Still, better for them to be at bay than right on their heels, but Shinobu still doesn't like how close they seem to be. Well, off we go again. The ghost girl seems fast enough, but she wasn't as sure about the Gun. Still, ghosts can't be very heavy, can they? Shinobu offers a hand to the Gun and crouches down low, giving him enough time to react before nearly vanishing down the caverns in the same way she got down here in the first place. No reason to settle for a small gap when she might be able to lose the dogs outright.

Offering to take the Gun in hand and drag him along for the ride, even if she probably doesn't realize he's actually just a gun yet.

Shadowflight: 8d6u3 5 successes

Turning on superspeed mode, the Gun should be light enough to not weigh me down and prevent me from using this ninjitsu. Gonna go hells of fast straight down the path. Not sure how you want to handle Shadowflight since technically I just activate it and use whatever's over the difficulty of 2 as bonus dice while keeping it up for several turns, but it's also a really good roll anyways. Headed straight down the path towards the rest of the group.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 11, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Tankyuusha
Aiki: 6 | Kiai: 0 | Kiai Spent: 10 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 3 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 4
Overdrive: 9

Tankyuusha hears the boom. He simply keeps running north.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yurie
Aiki: 6 | Kiai: 2 | Destiny: To Be Truly Free 4 | Emotion: Hatred of Armors 4 | Emotion: I Must Protect My Friends 2 | Goal: Rescue the Love of Mako's Life 4 | Marked: Known to the Priesthood 3

With that, Yurie tries to rush ahead of the The Gun and Shinobu, seeking a good route to guide them through as she whisks over the Earth airly. Wait, weren't they just behind her? Where did they go?

Yeah, 0 successes.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Interesting. I dunno if I'd call this a ringing success, but using this maze as a random encounter generator worked pretty well since you've all gone north.

Tunnels

The tunnels to the north are shored up with more of that weird organic-looking junk, though that thins into plain old dirt not too far down a switchback. This offshoot is fresher, smelling of recently-turned earth - light comes from some of those glowing mold colonies, but also what you really hope are fireflies.

It's also a dead end. The tunnel ends in a wide chamber, maybe ten yards across - small for a room, but spacious compared to the cramped conditions you've been dealing with as of late.

Behind you, the exit begins to fill up with growling hounds. The dogs flex at unnatural angles when they walk and the dirt floor under them shimmers with the vile fluid they secrete. There are less of them than you expected, but still a great mass of worm and canine between you and freedom.

Your maze has brought you to a combat scenario. Initiative is as follows.

Tankyuusha
Jugemu
The Gun
Yurie
Shinobu
The Hounds (fighting as one creature, mob-style)

Here's the setup. The low light is cinematic, but doesn't inflict any penalties. This part of the tunnels is especially unstable - you can choose to attack the tunnel at difficulty 2, with any successes you inflict being dealt to the Hounds without the capacity for defense. But! The tunnels themselves have a Vitality track that you don't get to see. Attack that way too much and you'll bring the entire thing down on yourselves, which is going to end badly for those of you that need to breathe. Attacks that cause collateral damage like flamethrowers, bombs or Falling Star Shot are not recommended for similar reasons.

Per last maze round, Tankyuusha and Shinobu can act as normal. Jugemu and the Gun can take half actions, and Yurie will show up on her initiative next round. The Hound-mob is at lower Vitality thanks to the Gun's attack earlier.

Fire away with any questions you've got, but otherwise, let's get to fightin'.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Shinobu
Aiki: 12 | Kiai: 3 | Soul: 14/24 | Goal: Remember Objective 2 | Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 3 | Destiny: ? ?

Shinobu steps behind the group and wraps a length of cloth around her arm tightly, cinching it around her palm.

Iron Fist: 8d6u3 3

+3 to physical attacks, 2 banked successes. Figured I'd jump in since nobody else was, and my self-buff shouldn't impact action order anyways.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 14, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Tankyuusha
Overdrive: 8

"Be wary; these walls are weak."

Tankyuusha draws his rifle with one smooth motion and fires at the beasts, downing several!

Marksman OVERDRIVE: 11d6u3+2 10
O-OVERDRI-DRIVE: 8d6u3+10 13

Damage 7

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 15, 2014

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Aiki for Tankyuusha and Shinobu for good posting habits. The rest of you, let's see some hustle! Use Invisible Castle or even the Wizards dice roller if you have to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jugemu
Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 6 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3

"I'll do my best!"

Jugemu pulls out his sword and slashes at the wolves in one motion.

1 sux

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Tankyuusha
Aiki: 7 | Kiai: 0 | Kiai Spent: 10 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 3 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 4

Having shot through several of the dogs, Tankyuusha promptly drops his rifle in shock as even more visions overwhelm him.

Every Aiki I earn stuns me, hooray! Also, above post edited.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yurie
Aiki: 6 | Kiai: 2 | Destiny: To Be Truly Free 4 | Emotion: Hatred of Armors 4 | Emotion: I Must Protect My Friends 2 | Goal: Rescue the Love of Mako's Life 4 | Marked: Known to the Priesthood 3

Then, there's a loud gunshot rippling through the tunnels. Oh. That way, then. Traveling through earth and air alike, her long hair and form flutter after her as she seeks out her friends. A strange word for her to ponder, "friends", but even as it is, she isn't inclined to let even strangers get torn apart by worm-hounds!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The Gun

Aiki: 7| Kiai: 14 |Emotion: Regret 4 |Soul 15/18| Super speed 8 rounds/11| Vit 9/12| Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Understand the Human World 3

The Gun is being a bit more cautious now, in that he's not firing both guns akimbo- just the one that grows out of his wrist. He can be taught! Maybe. "And we have no way of knowing if these are the only surprises the worm tamers left down here, too."

4 successes to shoot with the ayakashi ranged attack. Damage 15.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Round 1

Tankyuusha opens up on the seething mass of monster. There's a noise not quite like the ripping of canvas and a few of the dogs squeal. Well, what's left of them squeal. They probably shouldn't be able to make noise in that state.

Jugemu is not so fortunate. He rushes up and slashes at some of the dogs, but his sword catches in the vertebrae of his target, leaving him open to encirclement. A couple of the beasts jump him from behind, trying to tear out his throat and covering him with some kind of vile slime.

The Gun, thankfully for the rest of you, decides to exercise some restraint and merely pops a few of the mutant creatures in the head, rather than bring the entire tunnel system down on your heads. It's not as ruinous as the rifle barrage from the ghost's steely cohort, but the Gun makes up for raw power with pinpoint accuracy, snapping several shots into the hounds' eye sockets.

Less fortunate is that Tankyuusha decides that now would be a good time to have a flashback. The rifle's barrel drops, and some of the dogs fan out towards the machine man. Some of the others leap off of Jugemu to target the Gun - how are these things acting tactically? - and gnash at the ghostly gunman, tearing protoplasm from the spirit's unearthly form.

Most unsettling of all, a few of the dogs not totally destroyed limp, crawl or slither over to their fallen comrades and take an early dinner. The grasping mandibles of an insect snick out between the dogs' teeth as they have their grisly meal. Their autocannibalism seems to invigorate them somehow - the beasts are still maimed, but back in the fight.

It's a good thing those of you with stomachs are hardened sociopaths.

Cirno eyes only: You're on a lake. You're not sure if there's a boat. You haven't been here before, you're pretty sure of that. It's misty and sunny and that bothers you for some reason. You are entirely sure you've never seen the man before you. His face reminds you of the mask the Gun wears from time to time - his eyes are blank in a literal sense. You definitely don't know him, though. You'd remember someone who smelled like warm iron all the time.

Dogs cannot defend vs. Ranged, eat 13 vitality damage.
Dogs counter vs. Jugemu: 3,4,1,4,6,6,5 6 sux. Jugemu faces 12 damage.
Dogs cannot defend vs. Ranged, eat 15 vitality damage.
Hounds take one action to eat corpses, regaining vitality.
Hounds attack the Gun: 4,6,5,1,2,3,4 5 sux, 11 damage.

Shinobu is Iron Fist-enabled.
Yurie is on the scene next round.
Tankyuusha locked up with flashbacks for the next round. You're going to be rewarded whether you want it or not, mister.

Any upkeep you guys need to do happens, and we're at the top of round two. Jugemu leads this time. Waffle, are you transformed?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jugemu
Aiki: 5 | Kiai: 6 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3
Vitality: 6
L: XXXXX
H: X()()
C: ()
D: ()

Aaah, not again! He's not transformed yet.

Jugemu pulls his sword out and backs away from the wolves, bleeding from the limbs and head. "poo poo....this isn't good..."

He holds up his sword and activates his shiki, transforming into his demonic form. "Nnnnngh!"

Now he is.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The Gun

Aiki: 7| Kiai: 14 |Emotion: Regret 4 |Soul 15/18| Super speed 7 rounds/11| Vit 7/12| Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Understand the Human World 3

I'll take the damage as 6 light and 3 heavy wounds, and 2 to vitality, all but the vitality heals up again during upkeep because of regen. Also, I'll be using Cross shot going forward, which lets me defend against melee attacks and do counter attacks with Marksman as long as I'm wielding both guns.

The Gun's body is torn and tattered, but the pieces ripped away from him flow back into place, even oozing out of the mandibles of the dog-things if need be, leaving him, apparently, whole, if a bit winded. "I never liked being used to kill animals; often as not, it was done out of simple cruelty by my wielders. But you are leaving me little choice. I am sorry."

3 successes and...One more for super-speed, for the same as last time, 4. and +15 damage

If I have to defend against attacks, Super-speed will let me re-roll successes, since it's round-by-round.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yurie

Yurie comes from above, her hair dangling down as a single furious eye showing. "Get... get away from them..." Her hair then shifts, and then blurs like a shadow, trying to wind around a dog as she draws it up towards the ceiling, as if to draw it back into the earth. She's not just pulling at its physical form, though, her strange appendage carries death with it, making bodies into corpses.

This is the kind of thing she doesn't like others seeing her do anymore, but she doesn't have much choice. It's time to go back to the old ways.

Doing a melee Drain with 5 successes, damage is 10+successes each round, duration is 6 rounds, Spirit / Willpower to resist damage.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Shinobu
Aiki: 12 | Kiai: 3 | Soul: 14/24 | Goal: Remember Objective 2 | Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 3 | Destiny: ? ?

Drowned out by the sounds of gunshots and slathering dogbeasts, Shinobu pulls the band of cloth around her arm back and takes aim into the pile of teeth. A single needle flies into the pack, though it's difficult to tell how much good it could do.

Marksmanship - Elastic Slingshot: 8d6u3 4

Adding up my damage bonuses including rate of fire this should be at a +6, so I guess that's 10 damage?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Round 2

Tankyuusha is paralyzed by terrible vision of... well, somebody's past, at least.

Jugemu gets a lot uglier, and a lot stabbier. He elbows some of the hounds off his back, but he's still got some worm-gunk on him.

The Gun once again lets off a staccato volley, knocking down several of the beasts and painting the cave walls with gore. It's not doing a lot to endear him to the beasts - several of them snarl in spite of the holes in their bodies.

Shinobu pins one of the beasts to the ground by its paws. It snarls at her, just in time to take a needle to the brainpan. Pithed, it goes limp.

The dogs descend on their paralyzed brethren, tearing and swallowing. The creature's eyes roll in its head, briefly. The beasts on the Gun continue their attack, scratching and gnashing and howling. There are few of them this time, but their attacks don't seem to foul the spirit's aim.

Gun inflicts 19 damage. Hounds can't defend.

Hounds attempt to defend against Yurie. 6,5,2,1,1,5 3 sux. 12 ongoing damage to the Hounds during upkeep.

Shinobu attacks Hounds, no defense. 10 damage.

Hounds attack The Gun. 4,3,2,2,5,3,1, 5 sux, +6 damage.

Upkeep, Hounds take 12 damage, regenerate some vitality. Net loss.

Top of round 3. Tankyuusha can act again, Jugemu is in Samurai mode, Shinobu has Iron Fist, and hounds are taking ongoing 12.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Tankyuusha
Aiki: 7 | Kiai: 0 | Kiai Spent: 10 | Kongohki: Sealed Memory 4 | Goal: Find the Oni Girl 3 | Emotion: Criminals Are a Cowardly and Superstitious Lot: 3 | Misfortune: Who Have I Hurt? 4

Suddenly snapping out of it, Tankyuusha leaps into action, greatsword humming as he swings it!

Melee Weapons (damage 5): 13d6u3 6

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Shinobu
Aiki: 12 | Kiai: 3 | Soul: 12/24 | Goal: Remember Objective 2 | Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 3 | Destiny: ? ?

The more she looks at it, the more Shinobu wonders if the mass of dogs is what's keeping these caverns held up. No use worrying too much about it though, given the other option is being eaten by this supposed support beam. Shinobu digs around through her outfit and pulls out a fist-sized paper ball, loading it into her slingshot and firing it at the hounds. The wick lights with the friction and the melee erupts in flame as the ball strikes one of the dogs in the head.

Ninjitsu - Ball of Thunder: 8d6u3 5 successes

4 bonus successes for someone to use, same old trick as before. Looking forward to the intermission so I can actually get some more ninjitsu. :v:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The Gun

Aiki: 7| Kiai: 14 |Emotion: Regret 4 |Soul 15/18| Super speed 6 rounds/11| Vit 7/12| Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Understand the Human World 3

4 successes+ 1 more for super speed=5 total on defense, so no damage taken that time.

The Gun fends off the dogs; blocking with one pistol, and blasting away with the other,; they don't do much more than shred his coat, which almost immediately restores itself afterwards. "One wonders if there are any unmodified dogs left in the city, or if the tamers have transformed all of them and dropped them down here with us." And it's back to firing with inhuman (Naturally) speed.

4 successes + 2 more for super-speed And +15 damage. I'll leave Shinobu's bonuses to someone who had a bad roll.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yurie

Yurie pulls a wormdog right into the ceiling, where it ceases to effectively be, and swings in upside down, trying to alarm them with scenes of their death. Her hair is still pulling the life from their bodies, and she hopes she can radiate the cold feeling of death and maybe at least have some question the direction they're taking in this tunnel.

Unfortunately, they're slightly distracted by all the people trying to murder them.

Yurie will try and lock what she can down with Fear 3, but with 3 successes... so she's making an effort!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jugemu
Vitality: 6
L: XXXXX
H: X()()
C: ()
D: ()

With a cry, Jugemu rushes forward and wildly slashes at the hounds. "Graaah!"

4 sux for melee

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay, I have internet access again! Have a holiday delay aiki for everyone but Cirno, who gets one once we're done with combat so the PTSD stays off.

Real quick, anyone want to use Shinobu's bonus successes before we go to round 3?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
iirc I act last in initiative, so it should probably be effective for this coming turn anyways.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Jugemu should take it, I think

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I'm not too worried about it, it should go to somebody doing actual harm at this point.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

If it's applying at the top of the new round, what Cirno said- Jugemu gets dibs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lord knows I could use 'em.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I went ahead and gave Jugemu the successes for this round, because between him and Tankyuusha at the top of the next round, then the two ranged attackers, they are pretty fuckin' dead without the chance to hurt you. No sense dragging this out if the combat is that one-sided.

Splatter

Tankyuusha and Jugemu are among the hounds. The simplest solution to their regeneration is to simply dice them up into tiny, tiny pieces, apparently. The Gun contributes, knocking the beasts down for the samurai and the kongohki.

Shinobu lights up the chamber with a fireball, dazzling those of you with biological eyes. The sudden light reveals the gore coating every surface after your fight with the regenerating dogs, and then you kind of wish you hadn't had that light.

Eventually the monsters go still, although things you'd rather not look too closely at still wriggle and writhe within the destroyed remains of their flesh.

If you can take away one thing from this whole ordeal, it's that annelids are disgusting.

Now that you have the luxury of taking a look around, you find that the chamber you're in is somebody's hidey-hole. There are small beds and piles of blankets in one crevasse, and some barrels of old food in another. There's a small pit for a cooking fire, though there's no vent to the surface, and it's definitely not going to catch right now, as it's covered in dog splash.

You would be willing to bet that you've stumbled into the annelidists' nest. They can't just get in here from the palace itself - perhaps there's an exit to the surface hidden somewhere in the chamber?

A search is started, but then the real, sustained and warm light of the sun breaks in, briefly obscured by a head - Mako's head. "Thought I recognized that ruckus."

Hounds defend v. Tankyuusha: 2,4,6,2,5,4,2, 3 sux, Hounds take 9 damage.
Hounds defend v. Jugemu, 4,1,5,6,5,5,2, 2 sux, 11 damage
Hounds can't defend v. the Gun, take Lots of Damage
Hounds can't defend v. Shinobu, take 5 damage
Hounds are too brainless to be afraid of Yurie, buuut it doesn't really matter because they're about to die

Cleanup happens as is necessary.
Intermission occurrs! Spend 'em if you got 'em.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The Gun

Aiki: 8 | Kiai: 14 |Emotion: Regret 4 |Soul 15/18| Super speed 6 rounds/11| Vit 7/12| Destiny: Uphold the Spirit of Justice 3 | Goal: Atone for sins of past wielders 3 | Goal: Understand the Human World 3

The Gun lowers itself, and looks around warily. Fortunately, it doesn't have a nose to wrinkle at the stench of dead worm-dog. "I'm...just going to be silent, as the last time I expressed an opinion, these things showed up." As Mako pops his head in and light streams in, it pulls its hat down over its lack of face to shield non-eyes.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Shinobu
Aiki: 0 | Kiai: 49 | Soul: 12/24 | Goal: Remember Objective 2 | Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 3 | Destiny: ? ?

Shinobu coughs and hacks, not out of disgust, but more the sheer amount of death, decay, and gases associated with those things filling the tunnel. Covering her mouth with a scarf unrolled from her sleeve, she continues to breathe very poorly. When Mako opens up a path to the outside, Shinobu immediately darts up to it and climbs through, shoving him aside if need be before continuing her coughing fit hunched down. There may be ninja training on holding your breath, but they usually involve calm precision and not a moving wall of death.

rollin' bones to get 46 kiai that I'll have to figure out how to spend later once I reread how that all works, but it's at least nice to know I have it to spend.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yurie
Aiki: 0 | Kiai: 20 | Karma: 53 | Destiny: To Ensure Everybody's Free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Armors 4 | Emotion: I Must Protect My Friends 2 | Marked: Known to the Priesthood 3

Yurie flops out of the ceiling, landing with her hair over her face in a hunched, creepy pose, and then reaches up to pull her hair out of her face as she seems to return to... normal. Or at least closer to the world of the living. "Oh.", she says softly. "What they did to those poor dogs." Clapping her hands in prayer, she pauses for a moment, closing her eyes as she mumbles a buddhist mantra. Whe doesn't seem to hesitant to just wade through the gore or smell as she opens her eyes, and then jogs up to the samurai. "Mako!", she calls out. "I found Mino and brought her back and... and..." She looks around. "... where's Mino?"

At 103 karma, Yurie has no room to increase her current Fates. Ooops, should have realized there's an order for dealing with Fates! Going to discard the Goal fate, because Mino clearly doesn't need or want saving, and then rewrite Destiny to reflect her getting more involved with worldly affairs, reducing her Karma from 103 to 53. Just dumping 6 Aiki into Kiai, since she's a bit desperate for it, and get an 18 Kiai as a result. It's tempting to increase her Fear, but that'd leave Yurie empty again, so I'll hold off for now.

And giving a pre-intermission Aiki to Jugemu for being filled with murder!

Edit: Fixed her destiny, everything should be listed properly above under her name.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 15, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jugemu
Aiki: 0 | Kiai: 15 | Goal: To be truly free 3 | Emotion: Hatred of Weaknesses 2 | Emotion: Samurai Calm 3

Jugemu sheathes his sword as he reverts to his human self, nursing his wounds. "That was tricky...."

Wait, what was that about Miho? "Wait, she's not here anymore?! Miho! Miho, it's alright now! You can come out!"

I've gotta look through the rules and figure out how I stand on karma and fates and stuff like that, but I'm gonna empty out my aiki for Kiai in the meantime.

29 Kiai

20 kiai goes to bumping Melee to 4.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 16, 2015

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

FYI, the flu sucks, I'll try to get the rolls done and figure out what I'm and how fates are adjusting when I'm not coughing and running a 100+ fever.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Let's try and get intermission stuff done in the next day or two, right?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Bumping Ninjitsu up to 4 for 20 kiai, Persuasion to 4 for 20 kiai, and that'll leave me with 110 Karma. Boosting both my fates a level and rewriting to Goal: Pursue (Percieved) Objective, which should leave me at a final total of 9 kiai and 100 karma. I'm a dope and probably should have saved an aiki earlier to make a fate but OH WELL.

Whoops, almost forgot the best part: new ninjitsu sewing techniques for going up to rank 4. For my lesser I'm taking Mind's Eye, using a god's eye to see through walls and stuff. One of my greaters will be Shadow Stitch Technique which basically doesn't even need refluffing, and the other is Annelid Body, using some highly toxic chemicals used in tanning to horribly poison people and probably give them cancer if we don't stab them to death first. The latter will probably happen more often but at least it's a giant pile of damage I can actually use.

Shinobu
Aiki: 0 | Kiai: 9 | Soul: 24/24 | Goal: Pursue (Percieved) Objective 2 | Secret: Plagued by Amnesia 4 | Destiny: ? ?

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Alright, you need your intermission stuff done by Monday afternoon EST or you're stuck out in the cold. Final warning.

• Locked thread