Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

coldtaxi posted:

Good point. The next anniversary is coming right up after, isn't it?

Yeah, the next anni is in April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

FMA Rerun details are here, whooooooo. :v:

Hey, it's an Ed shift! Probably because the original Ed got overshadowed insanely hard by Roy and, while not as bad as people think, is still pretty weak compared to some of the Earth units we've gotten lately like Graphel and Vayne. Will this shift be good? ...I mean, yeah, definitely, but how good is gonna depend on testing. :v:

As for the LR ark that will be on his banner:

Augh, Two-Handed Machine Boost, of course. :eng99: That said, nothing on this ark is WAP level of power, and Ed is probably the only unit we've actually gotten to date that is SW Machine leaning? (I may be forgetting someone, lol). It'll be a great pickup- the ark passive is actually pretty great- but it's not 'drop everything going for it' strong, at least not until we've seen the pt 2 details.

The part 2 unit and Ark are:

More on them as we get more details.

Like past collabs, the old units (og Ed/Roy) and the old LRs (Automail Mechanic/Oh No, It's Started to Rain) will be in a shared banner pool (Al will be given away for free, like he was during the first collab). However, like the DMC rerun, they'll be giving us a guaranteed Unit or LR ticket for the old stuff - personally, Automail Mechanic is the best get because it has WAP on it and that's proven to be much better than Honey Elixir in retrospect now that Time Trials don't pause the timer when using time stop stuff, but Roy should also be given consideration because his S3 spam is still the best wave clear in the game, even if he himself is somewhat outdated... For those who weren't here for the first one, this collab was actually the first time we got units with a 5* (the impression we got was they couldn't delay the collab to after the anni, when 5*s would've normally been announced, so they decided to move it up and give the units 5*s); that said, because they were the first, their 5*s were also......very safe, which means they got power crept pretty notably. If it wasn't for Roy's S3 spam, he would be just as outdated as og Ed is, lol.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Had some pretty decent luck. As somebody new to FMA crossover stuff in Last Cloudia, I have the new Ed, the big armor guy, the ark with WAP on it, and I haven't cashed in the exchange ticket yet. I have a choice between old Al, old Roy, or Oh No, It's Started to Rain (which might have some new fire skills on it, maybe). Roy is harder to acquire, but I suspect that the fire ark will be more useful overall for progression on my team.

I have heard a rumor that you can get one of those auto-level-to-100 potions if you clear the superboss 30 times in one day. As someone who is still leveling up the roster a bit, that sounds pretty appealing, but I like keeping 100 stamina in reserve in case something big comes up later. Burning most of the free temporary stamina potions only got me about 2/3s there.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

There's a chance to drop a rainbow potion from the daily bonus dungeon :eng101:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

avoraciopoctules posted:

Had some pretty decent luck. As somebody new to FMA crossover stuff in Last Cloudia, I have the new Ed, the big armor guy, the ark with WAP on it, and I haven't cashed in the exchange ticket yet. I have a choice between old Al, old Roy, or Oh No, It's Started to Rain (which might have some new fire skills on it, maybe). Roy is harder to acquire, but I suspect that the fire ark will be more useful overall for progression on my team.

I have heard a rumor that you can get one of those auto-level-to-100 potions if you clear the superboss 30 times in one day. As someone who is still leveling up the roster a bit, that sounds pretty appealing, but I like keeping 100 stamina in reserve in case something big comes up later. Burning most of the free temporary stamina potions only got me about 2/3s there.

It's Started to Rain isn't bad but most characters that want it these days come with it.

Roy is good for newer accounts since he's a good carry and waver clearer.

coldtaxi
Jan 1, 2009
I’m on a big hot streak at the moment too — had new Melza, new Ed, and the new dark dude all pop up from free tickets.

That means I’m definitely bracing for striking out completely on the anniversary new unit, haha.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

avoraciopoctules posted:

If it makes you feel better, the rumor was false. I had 100+ stamina potions to burn yesterday so I ran it 50 times and only ever got more medals.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

the fact i forgot to even talk about the new DoH unit should really tell you all you need to know about whether you should pull for her :v: (don't)

we know the anniversary is coming in a few weeks, the ark is an SSR, and she's somehow even more niche of a support than Sera was... somehow :psyduck: like don't get me wrong she's not BAD or anything, it's mostly just that sm theria is... still stronger, lol (for any of you granblue fans this is basically the summer zooey problem but with a healer for once. it is kind of neat that Mauna is a weird hybrid light mage/dps with a lot of healing, and if you don't have theria then sure, she's definitely worth consideration at that point, but.... I dunno. if anniversary wasn't Literally Almost Here I'd probably be more open to considering.

also who has any gems left after loving FMA haha ha hahhhh :suicide: (i only got ed)

Mix. fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 30, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

says to not pull for her and then gets her on a single pull for fun :kiddo:

anyway she's really, really weird. she seems like she might be a seed for future design space, but the fact she's a healer with respectable damage caps whose normal attacks are at range with no line of sight needed means she's going to be a surprisingly solid battery for herself off stuff like goddess kiss, and her skills not requiring her to move either means you can just park her in a corner and leave her to it

her paid weapon being a sword is REALLY funny.

the weirdest part about her design is the fact her S2 and Ult are ACTUALLY EARTH ELEMENT, despite all her stuff being Light. which means she works with Graphel. which could actually matter if you want to do a mono-earth team but need a healer. :psyduck:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I do have Graphel... ah well, I shouldn't roll for her anymore now that I got the ark. I really like the aesthetics of that S1 conjuring big fiery swords, and was rolling based on that alone, but I refuse to spend myself under 90k unless it's something really meta-shifting or it's the playable version of whoever the final boss of chapter 2 is.

We're starting to stock up on the summon tickets for the anniversary, btw, just in case anyone else was curious. And there is an april fools event, but it doesn't seem to be anything super special.

coldtaxi
Jan 1, 2009
The new GUILD WAR system is up too, but we need 10 people to click ‘enter’ to actually try it out. Remember to do the needful — it’s our chance to get some probably disappointing rewards!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I also did a little housekeeping and kicked a few people who haven't logged in and also aren't on the friend code list in the OP - if you aren't on the list yet, please drop your friend code in the thread! also its because there's still a limit of 20 people and i want a few spaces free in case we get some new people :eng101:

Ceritus
Jul 31, 2002

C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it.
I just started playing this game and would like a guild invite if someone could manage: my friend code is 163210020.

I have about 9600 crystals at the moment - are the currently available banners worth pulling on, or should I sock them away for something else?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Ceritus posted:

I just started playing this game and would like a guild invite if someone could manage: my friend code is 163210020.

I have about 9600 crystals at the moment - are the currently available banners worth pulling on, or should I sock them away for something else?

If you aren't in when I get home I'll see what I can do, and also add you to the OP.

If you still have access to the beginner banner, I would try for MTheria if you don't already have her, she's still the de-facto best healer in the game whereas a lot of the DPS can be interchangeable when you're just starting out. Mauna is interesting and still getting testing done, but not a must have right now. We're going to be getting information on the 4th anni stuff in a few days, and her banner will still be up during it, so you have time to deliberate (or come back to her if you get the anni stuff early and want her). :eng101:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I took a couple month break and completely missed the FMA collab :negative:

On the upside this does mean I still have my stock of crystals so I'm going to have around 150 rolls to toss at the anniversary character who is probably going to be busted.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
So I have been playing this off and on for a while and was wondering if I could join the goon guild? Username is Drashin and my ID is 138 104 485

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Drashin, you're in, Ceritus I sent you a friend req so I can invite you, and both of you are added to the list on the OP. :thumbsup:

Ceritus
Jul 31, 2002

Mix. posted:

Drashin, you're in, Ceritus I sent you a friend req so I can invite you, and both of you are added to the list on the OP. :thumbsup:

Sweet - just accepted. I guess I'll hold off on spending any crystals until the anniversary stuff begins.

Ceritus fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 4, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

4th anni time! The stream was really late last night since it was the JP stream with the lead localization guy doing translation on the fly, so.... yeah, no, I'll just do it now.

Our DoH unit that's releasing alongside the anniversary festivities is a REALLY big one in terms of characters people've been wanting to see/get info on, in the vein of Adel - it's Megius, KYLE'S DAD. :shittypop: One of the biggest lore mysteries since the game literally loving launched and we're finally gonna be getting at least a few shred of info at the very least!

Megius posted:

Trait 1 - When equipped with only one weapon, skill/special damage +50%/damage cap +21000. When another ally has Light skills, add the effects below to Radiant Sky Charisma (boost effects based on number of allies with Light skills, excluding skills that change to Light under certain conditions): 1) Boost Light skill/Special damage and damage cap more (max +20%/damage cap +6000), 2) When equipped with only one weapon, boost Light skill/Special damage cap (max +8000), 3) Boost HP cap (max +3000).
Trait 2 - Regularly give a damage +20% buff to all allies in a wide area around the unit. When using a skill, can't be interrupted by most attacks. Nullify DEF piercing effects. Nullify attribute ignore/cut effects.

Skill 1 - Instantly close the gap for a medium-area Light combo attack.
Skill 2 - Medium-area Light combo attack. Chance to give a skill damage -20% debuff.
Skill 3 - Wide-area Light combo attack that throws enemies into the air.
Ult/Special - Powerful Light combo attack to one enemy. Give a skill/magic/Special damage -20% debuff.

New Skills (i.e. stuff we've never gotten before):
Radiant Sky Charisma - All allies' Light skill/Special damage +20%/damage cap +2000. (Doesn't stack with other Charismas.)
Radiant Sky Anima - All enemies MND -20%/HP recovery from active skills -50%. (Doesn't stack with other Animas.)
Three Emperors - Damage from attribute weakness/anti-type attacks -30%. Nullify most instakill effects from enemies.
Insight - Counter damage +120%/damage cap +20000. During Counter, chance to nullify damage taken.
Overdrive - Chance for special to deal critical damage. Special critical damage cap +10000.
Knight Zone 2 - More likely to be attacked. Front phys attack damage +15%/damage cap +2000; frontal phys dmg taken -15%.
Sword Giga Boost - When sword equipped, phys attack damage +30%/phys attack damage cap +3000.
Anti-Type Breakthrough - Anti-type damage cap +1000. When only one weapon is equipped, damage cap +2000 instead.
Brute Buster - Give physical attacks/Special/Counter an anti-brute (Beast, Plant, Insect, Bird, Fish, and Creature) type effect.

Other Skills of Note in Grid:
Heroism Up 3/Proud Force/Gale Force/Doppelhander/Auto Crit/Auto Haste/Favored Sword/Mystic Favored Sword/Doppelhander Boost 3/Sword Mega Boost/Light High Drive/Light Crit Raise/Light Attack Raise 3/Weapon Break/Fiend Shield/Indomitable Spirit/Armor HP Plus 3

:v: Even though OH BOY ANOTHER LIGHT SWORD USER, I'll give him a pass since he's for Light what Graphel was for earth, which confirms we'll probably end up getting one for each element - finally, some payoff for sticking to one element for a team! While yes, this does mean that Mauda has some more utility since she triggers both Graphel and Megius... like, MTheria is also light. :v: She triggers Megius just as well. Either way, he's definitely worth going for even if you have other light sword users like Adel, Shift Mia, Shift Roland, or even some of the collab ones like Violet or Luke.

As for the UR coming with the banner, I'll be translating below:

Three Emperors posted:

Trait (at Max Ark Level) - When only one weapon is equipped, Skill/Special/Counter damage +30%/damage cap +2000. Boss Wave Start: Give all enemies a damage dealt -20% debuff. Light attack damage cap +3500.
Skill (at Max Ark Skill Level) - Give all allies a Shield (durability 5000) buff and a skill/magic/Special damage cap +5000 buff.

New Learnable Skills:
Resolve Up 3 - DEF/MND +8%
Iron Wall Counter 2 - When Counter is active, damage taken -50%.
Special Breakthrough 2 - Special damage cap +3000.
Auto Grand Brave - Continuous Grand Brave effect.

Existing Learnable Skills:
Skill Charge 3 / Giant Shield

AER:
Three Jeweled Amulet, [Accessory]
Trait: When hitting an attribute weakness, damage +15%. Anti-type damage +15%.
STR +100/INT +100

It's a really solid UR, all things considered, and definitely a good one to have in your pocket, but as usual, WE DON'T CHASE URS. If they come, they come, and otherwise we just make do without :v:

We have quite a few banners coming for this anniversary, most of which are the regular 'paid, stepup, nonpaid' stuff we always get with a unit; there'll also be the stock ticket gacha, of course, which we've already been getting tickets for from daily logins, and they 're also bringing back the 'not-held unit' gacha because of how popular it was! (it's a 10x that's guaranteed to give you a unit from the pool you don't already have, assuming you dont have all the options already lol) As always, manage your crystals well, don't spend money you can't afford, etc etc etc. Additionally, we'll be getting a return of the daily free 10x - up to 250 total free pulls. It's general pool only, but I'm sure most of us are missing a couple general pool units or arks, so here you go! :v:

There's going to be a special log-in bonus that will let you get up to two tickets that can be exchanged for paid gear rather than having to spend crimson ore. The options will go up through Adel's release (not including collab units for, uh, obvious reasons), but either way this is definitely going to be helpful for any of you that were eyeing something up but didn't want to spend the ore to get it. More importantly, we're getting a DoH pickticket!!! :siren: The pool of units you can exchange this ticket for are through Graphel; since I think we have some new players if people want I can do another post later briefly going down the list of character options and pointing out which ones stand out and for what reason. Holiday and Collab units not on the list, for obvious reasons.

We have a massive update to the game in terms of unit development coming, and it's what people were joking about - that's right baby, :siren: :supaburn: we're gonna be able to enhance our units to 6* now! :supaburn: :siren: This will increase their max level cap to 120, allow you to awaken a total of eight times instead of six, and more. The cap for upgrading a unit's SC through prisms/godrelics is also being increased to +30 from +20 (in addition to an extra flat 10 SC being added separate from the prisms). The ability board will be expanded upon doing this as well, and they're saying that this will be a pretty big update for some of the older units - those of you new to the game probably joined after all units had 5* upgrades already added, but originally they staggered out those upgrades in waves. The FMA units we just got won't be getting their 6*s immediately, though they could in the future, similar to how some other collabs were some of the last units to get the upgrades.

The first units to be getting their 6*s (besides Megius, obviously) are og Kyle, og Beyland, shift Roland, og Robin, and DoH shift Lilebette. We'll be getting the full details on what these upgrades will entail later (and I'll post them in the thread when we do), but we got an example with og Beyland to give us an example of what the 6* would entail:

There will apparently be a new type of skill, called 'Transcend Skills', that only become available with the 6*, that are apparently pretty massive power spikes; we'll get more info on that when we get English translations for stuff.

Units aren't the only thing getting an upgrade, though! For the first time since Cloudia's launch ever, they're increasing the max level for Arks!! :dogstare: The new ark level cap will be 15:

Similar to the units and the 6*s, this won't be hitting them all immediately, it'll be rolled out in waves, but this is going to buff the Ark's stats and passive (notably, it will not impact Ark Skills at all - those will still stay capped at lv 10); didn't hear anything about any new teachables being added, thankfully, but this could make some older/more outdated arks a bit more serviceable, as well as give us all some stuff to do with our excess souls :v: When we get more specific info, I'll post it in the thread.

A lot of the rest of the anni stuff is the standard stuff - daily countdown events, free crystals, special anni tower of trials, a return of the four lords superboss event which is your chance to get the materials needed for a free, very strong godforge light sword (hey, perfect for Megius, what a surprise). The Cloudia devs have also said that they're introducing a new superboss event specifically intended for veteran players as a taste of future endgame content, as they're going to be increasing the difficulty for some side stuff to justify the power spike that 6*s will bring. Similar to past anniversary events, there'll be some paid bundles in the shop, though nothing particularly out of the ordinary (those of you worried we were gonna get a repeat of the new years LR thing, rest easy).

More QoL stuff is coming - to start, they'll be adding more paid gear to the crimson ore shop with this update, so more options for improving specific units! There's also going to be a MASSIVE rebalancing of skills, both in terms of buffing older skills (or possibly completely changing the effect) but also reducing skill costs; they said around 60-ish skills will be updated this way, and once we have a full list I'll post about that in here too! :v: They're also going to be adding new content to Conquer, which will also give you more ways to get unit souls! They also have said that they're adjusting the times so that you get more souls the longer you have the timer set for, so we'll also be getting more souls overall from it. Cloudia is also, finally, introducing a friend recruitment system, that gets you and your friend both more crystal rewards the further into the story your friend gets (up through the Zouglas fight). They're also adding a free SSR that would be given out when you complete the tutorial as a new player; the rest of us will just have it in our inbox once we log in, and we'll get more details on what the Ark does later. :v:

They gave us a brief roadmap, and it looks like the goal is to have 10 6* unlocks per month until all the units have theirs, so we'll be getting new stuff at a pretty steady pace. Obviously we're going to be getting a main story update, would be weird to not get that in anniversary month. Next month, in May, they say we have a new event type coming - one we've never seen before, similar to when they introduced the island map type event. In June, they're going to do another Arena pass over for anything that might need updating. Also in June, we're getting something called 'Premium Missions' that are a new type of mission event we've never seen before, as well as a new superboss that will apparently be permanent content. July-September will also have more arena touchups, an official release of guild battle content (rather than the beta that we've been doing right now), more new story content again, and some kind of new ranked event we haven't seen before. Basically, its looking like the next half year is going to be defined both by new 6* unlocks/Ark level increases as well as a slew of new content that Cloudia hasn't done before, so we'll have to see how that plays out. :v:

Definitely a massive update coming down the pipe, with a lot to keep our eyes on for the future!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

oh, also, apparently there's a setting you can toggle that auto enters you for guild v guild - just hit manage on the guild menu to find that option, so you don't have to manually enter every time. would've been cool if they actually told us that was an option :v:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

It's very nice hearing that we'll have soul sinks with all those new ark levels to pursue, but I'm especially interested in Shift Roland, since he's the unit I used to basically solo through most of the story. It looks like it might finally be time for me to think about building a specialized light team with all these new tools.

I'm also a bit hyped at the prospect that with these new bigger numbers, it might be easier to auto through the tower challenges for that free UR ark I'm missing.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Can you do that what character to pick with the anniversery ticket guide? I am still somewhat new and don't really know how to identify if a character is good or not.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Drashin posted:

Can you do that what character to pick with the anniversery ticket guide? I am still somewhat new and don't really know how to identify if a character is good or not.

you got it boss

So first off, this should go without saying but don't pick a general pool unit if they end up being an option (I don't THINK they will, but who knows!). even the ones that hold their own against DoH units like og Mia, Murren, or shift Gorm. We're going to be getting a bunch of free pulls already so you could end up getting them from that, and there are plenty of DoH units that will be a better impact on your box, especially if you're new.

I'll also just say straight up that a lot of the earliest DoH units should not be considered unless you already have a majority of the good options and just want another unit for a free 1k for level 100ing them (or, you know, they're your favorite. I'll never fault you for spending a lot of resources on a favorite, I say, hastily scooting my +20 SC double godforge wielding Dilmordo under a rug). Units to ignore include og Lanceveil, og Eliza, Davan, Zouglas, og Lagrobos, etc. Some units that DO still hold up but are probably not worth getting include og Zaix (I would've said he's worth considering a couple months ago, but we recently got a shift for him that's just... better in most regards, and that shift isn't on the list for the ticket, rip), Ruuto (solid tank but we really don't have much content that needs tanks these days), shift Kyle/Zekus/Rei (still pretty solid, but other units do what they do better or in a more interesting capacity), etc. This also includes a couple of units that are more recent and still hold up, but aren't the most impactful - Lagreign isn't that great for new players, Thouzer is strong, but pretty niche, other mages do what Maja does but better, and so on. If I don't mention a character here and you're curious, feel free to ask!

I'm also going to hold off on talking about shift Roland, og Beyland, and DoH shift Lilebette, because we don't know what their 6*s entail yet so they could be for consideration if the 6* is particularly strong/redefining - put a pin in that, basically :v:

I'm gonna start off with the unit that is honestly basically singlehandedly the reason we don't get support units/healers very much, because of how much of a mistake she was design-wise lmfao. Spirit Maiden Theria is basically this game's Summer Zooey/Castoria/Zhongli equivalent in terms of snapping the meta in half upon release, and even though it's literally been years the other healers we've gotten pretty much only hold up because of their specific niches- they're sidegrades at best. There's one primary thing she has in her kit that is what has such a chokehold on the meta, and that's the fact that any heal she does (no matter how strong it is, no matter if its magic, skill, or special) will also apply a barrier that, in addition to eating damage, also prevents flinching. Oops! :v: She also has innate in her kit a bunch of what you would want from a healer: -20% healing spell cost, type-based damage mitigation for the whole party, faint nil, and an element resist buff for all six elements. Honestly want to know what they were smoking that made them not realize how cracked she was gonna end up being. If you didn't get her from the beginner DoH banner she's going to be one of the most immediate impacts you can get for your collection because of how much comfier fights get with her.

I'll go ahead and get Maiden of Binding, Sera out of the way since she's the other healer/support in the pool to consider; she's not as good of a healer as SMTheria, but she IS still pretty great at it, and has a pretty great MP pool just from basekit. Her niche is the fact that she's much more buff-oriented - think of her as an offensive counterpart to SMTheria, who's pure defense. Part of what makes her shine is the fact some of her buffs have unique icons, which means they stack with other buffs, so she's not redundant if you have buffs from other sources. She also brings damage cap boosts as part of her Special, which means she can help your team eke out even more damage if you're in a fight where survivability is less of a concern. Some of her buffs are also universal damage, not just physical, so she's one of the few buffers that can make your mages better.

Blademaster Beyland has been a pretty dominant PDPS upon release ever since this shift dropped, and for good reason - he's a non-attribute PDPS, which means he's functionally usable in all content since non-attribute damage ignores elemental resistance entirely (and aside from one or two fights is not resisted itself). He also can refill his skills really fast with some of his passives (as long as you use something like Goddess Kiss to refill his MP). He has a lot of type slayers in his kit, too - he's considered one of the best PDPS for new players purely because of how easy he is to build and how much he already has in his kit. There's really not a lot to discuss with him because of how straightforward and unassuming he is, lmao.

Ardine may not have damage as high as shift Beyland does, but he has his own gimmick which are a series of "Seal" skills that you equip to suit specific content, which give him various buffs based on which seal you have active. Notably, this lets him swap between no-attribute, fire, or earth element, which means he functionally can cover multiple different element roles to suit the content you're going for. His biggest draw, however, is one of his Seals which gives him a massive cap raise specifically against any Dragon-type enemies (it's insane, like 60k cap), and some of the harder content include superbosses that are Dragon type, so... you get the picture. He does also have a lot in his kit that you'd want from a PDPS, too, so he's not that hard to build if you're just starting out. He'll do well early on, and once you've been playing for a while and have access to all the Arks to truly kit him out he'll shine in late-game, too.

Lenius is, hands down, the best mage in the game to date (and is also my support unit, if you're friends with me!), and while there's a side-grade option I'll talk about next that's still worth considering, Lenius kind of covers almost all the bases you'd need for an MDPS all on his own. He's arguably one of the biggest regrets the playerbase has had in terms of units they skipped on first release, and I know a lot of people are gonna be grabbing him to round out their box. What makes him so strong, besides the fact he covers four of the six elements innately, is the fact that he functionally has dual wield for any magic he casts (that is, they deal double the hit count). Combine that with the fact he also has both the stackable and non-stackable magic spells in his kit (which means he can cast one into the other, back and forth, in a rotation), and he basically cleans house when you build him to suit specific content - generally, you specialize him for one of the four elements, and just toggle skills when you want to move him to a different element (give us loadouts already, AIDIS :argh:). He is not as new player friendly as most of the stuff on this list, so he's more of a grab for later if you're starting out, but I wanted to mention him in case you see other people windmill slamming him and want to know why. (he's also really stupid for an earth or thunder mage since Sandwurm gives him EVEN MORE DAMAGE and the R ark Thunderstone Luster gives his thunder magic stun chance which sometimes just lets you cheese boss fights in multiplayer :v:)

Lagrobos the Wise is, at his core, the nuker counterpart to Lenius's spellslinger mage type. He is only non-stackable magic, but his magic hits like a truck regardless, so while his damage as a whole is a little lower he still holds up really well - it's more a matter of playstyle preference than necessarily having to only go for one over the other. Lagrobos does have an edge over Lenius, however, in that he has five of the six elements innately, and unlike Lenius you can teach him the last element he's missing (light) and still get bonuses from his passives, so he covers some content that Lenius has no advantage in. Additionally, Lagrobos also is the only unit to have no-attribute magic (a trait his original version shares with him, but his og version is........... not good :eng99:). He's a great farmer, and a great alternative to Lenius if you're looking for a MDPS but like the idea of big, powerful blasts rather than a lot of smaller, constantly firing off blasts. :v:

Granadas is the 'i dont want to care about my support unit ever again' pick. I don't think you should pick him, I'm just talking about him in case you were curious why he's on so many people's support unit slots. He's a really solid Earth SW Tank that draws a lot of aggro and has a shitton of defensive mitigation; if we had content in this game that actually required a tank (or if SMTheria just didn't exist) he'd probably be a much better pick. He sees use in Arena for how hard he is to kill and the fact he's Earth element (more on that in a moment), so if you care about PVP then maybe he's a better consideration... the main reason everyone has him as the support unit is the fact that he has a passive that gives +100% EXP to the party after battle, which means if he's the support unit and you only have one other person in the party that one person gets all the EXP, which makes it a lot easier to level units up. (You generally want a support Granadas, not to actually use the one you have yourself in the party, as the support unit doesn't get EXP but him in the party does, even if he's max level... its complicated). So yeah. Thats why so many people have him. Again, don't use your ticket on him unless you have all the others and you want to not care about your support unit (or you want him for Arena). Moving on.

Adel was the anniversary unit we got 6 months ago, and is still a really, really strong PDPS - his gimmick is that you can change his skills/ult element between Fire or Light based on whether a skill is equipped or not, so similar to Ardine he covers multiple elements when you're just starting out. Unlike Ardine, he's more of a bruiser who can weather a lot of damage while dealing his own, as well as being able to resist flinch from both Light and Dark attacks. His Special is basically a Nuke, as it adds 15% of your living allies's STR/DEF/INT/MND to his STR when figuring damage out (as well as raising the cap up to 45k purely from his second trait, not including any other cap raises), so he just kinda orbital strikes anything you throw his Special at. His value is gonna go up with Megius's release if you use him as a Light unit, too! :eng101:[

sorry i don't own her and this is the best i could get lol

Mayly is one of the few units who wasn't replaced by her shift, as both are doing completely different things (and are even different elements!!), and she also holds a pretty unique niche that only a small selection of units fall under: ailment PDPS. Specifically, her damage scales based on how many ailments the enemies she's attacking have, as well as being able to apply a variety of elements just from her normal attacks and skills. She benefits from being able to learn the various X Research skills she doesn't have innate, but even at basekit she already slices through enemies like they're loving paper. She has some great SC saves, and her paid gear (crimson ore shop) takes it to an even more absurd level. Considering how little we get Ailment PDPS units (and the fact that, to date, they all actually love being in a party together because they all benefit from ailments equally), she's definitely not going to be outclassed or powercrept any time soon.

Vayne is another unit that people kinda slept on when he first released, only to discover how cracked he actually was after his banner left. His biggest strength is the fact that he's one of the most flexible and fluid units in the game - his kit has a kind of stance change gimmick where you swap between 'Sand Weapon' (offense) and 'Sand Wall' (defense) buffs that change how his kit works- when he's on offense, his cap raises and damage skyrocket (in addition to some piercing damage), whereas when he's on defense, he gets a massive spike in DEF and damage mitigation, not to mention being able to resist flinch or reduce damage while airborne. His stance will change from offense to defense sometimes when he takes damage, but you can also manually shift into defense if needed, and his skills will automatically push him into offensive mode if he's not already in it, so you have a lot of control over which stance you want to be in. As if this wasn't enough, he's also capable of equipping any weapon, and nothing in his kit requires you to stick to one specific type, making him very easy to build for and pretty newbie friendly once you get the hang of his stance gimmick. He's also, uh, basically one of the best units for PvP because for some reason they also gave him anti-Human damage buffs :v: His power has also grown with the release of the last unit on the list...

Oh, Graphel. How people ignored you when you first dropped, and here we are now. You see that thing in Megius's kit that buffs all Light-element allies the more of them there are in the party? She did it first, but for Earth - instead of an HP buff, she gives magic damage mitigation, but you use her for the fact she can give +14000 damage cap to SW Earth DPS units, like, say, Vayne... og Leona... Ed from the recent FMA collab... you get the picture. But she's not a support unit, don't get it twisted, she's a PDPS in her own right- her earth damage scales off her INT stat, and if an an enemies' DEF is higher than MND then her skills' damage calculations use the MND instead, ensuring she gets as much damage as she can with every skill she uses. Sure, one of her buffs gradually drains her MP, so you'll need to ensure she can keep her MP up, but that's not that hard to do. Personally, she's who I'm grabbing, but that's because I have all the other Earth units already to take full advantage of her kit; she's one of those units that's better the longer you've been playing and the more tools you have access to, so something to keep in mind.

I think that about covers it! Again, if you have any questions, or want to know about a unit I didn't cover, feel free to ask! :eng101:

Mix. fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 9, 2023

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Thanks for the info one question i have is for characters with shifts is there anything shared or boosted if both of them are leveled? I know you can't use two of the same character but I was wondering if there was a benifit for leveling both. Also I got a level 100 potion from the FMA collab does it give skills or does it only set there level to 100?

Edit: Loking at Megius description in your post will Adell light skills be factored into his unqiue trait since they aren't orginally light? Is there any precendence for this?

Drashin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 8, 2023

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Drashin posted:

Thanks for the info one question i have is for characters with shifts is there anything shared or boosted if both of them are leveled? I know you can't use two of the same character but I was wondering if there was a benifit for leveling both. Also I got a level 100 potion from the FMA collab does it give skills or does it only set there level to 100?

Edit: Loking at Megius description in your post will Adell light skills be factored into his unqiue trait since they aren't orginally light? Is there any precendence for this?

Taught abilities are shared between shifts, so you only need to teach it once. If you have increased the SC cap on a character and then get a shift the shift will automatically have some of their SC uncapped, too (though since the cap is 50 for a level 1 new unit it's only a partial uncap share; still better than nothing!). Each counts as a separate character for the 1000 gems you get from leveling a unit to 100, so hey, free 1000 gems :v: Also, there's content called Maze of Tartarus that is basically a dungeon where you can only use units/arks/gear one time total across the whole dungeon (they're locked to the floor you use them on, and you can go back and try to re-do floors with less units/gear/arks to free them up for deeper floors), but since shifts count as separate units you can use, say, DoH Lilebette on one floor and Christmas Lilebette on another. Also of note for character specific gear, it only works for that specific version of the character, so you can't use og Beyland's paid gear on shift Beyland's, for example.

EDIT: i checked with someone else and actually yes, he does work, because the element switch happens before battle rather than during. The reason for the wording is there are characters like DoH Kyle whose S3/Ult changes to Light if the enemy is weaker to Light vs Fire, or the og Rimuru from the Slime collab whose entire skill loadout alternates between two different elements based on what the enemy is weak to! :eng101:

Lastly, nah, rainbow potions are only level, but they bypass the material requirements for the unit which can be important starting out. They used to be really scarce (and paid only) but there've been ways to get them incidentally, including the daily check-in at the guild or some event dungeons having a very low chance to drop em.

Mix. fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 9, 2023

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

It may be time for me to try building an earth team, with Graphel, Vayne and the Stone Enhance UR ark. Not sure who I'd put in the last character slot, though. Right now I'm farming souls for them and Shift Roland, in preparation for the new uncap. I see a showcase video is using Warlock Leena as a support mage.

Maybe she'd be more useful than Rabbala, Claire/Dahlgion, or Logia... oh hey, it looks like I picked up the fancy Ed in the recent FMA event. He's earth, it looks like. Even has a single group-revive spell that also puts up a shield? That's very interesting, all I really noticed about him before was the early Special attack option.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Hm. Thanks for the write up. Based on my roster I think I should grab Vayne (because I have Graphel and OG Leona), Shift Lagrobos, or Lenius.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

So, we have some more info right before the anniversary.

The first piece of info is on the 6* upgrades - they gave us a translated version of og Beyland's upgrades, as seen here:

The wording is pretty weird so we don't know for sure, but it could be that all 6*s are like this and it's only a cap/stat increase with no new skills or abilities - we'll have to wait and see when stuff goes live tomorrow. Either way, that's still a pretty nuts power spike, since what's held back some units was just low caps or low hitcounts with not enough cap to make up for it. Anything extra is just gravy tbh

The second thing is we know what changes are coming to skills, and its primarily just an SC reduction across the board for a lot of damage boosts (which is a REALLY good thing, tbh); Here's a quick summary of the noteable changes:

-[Type] Shield skills SC cost has been reduced by 1 or 2 SC, depending on the type
-[Element] High Boost skills (magic damage) have been reduced by 1SC (7 now)
-[Element] Attack Raise skills (phys damage) have been reduced by 2SC (9 now)
-[Element] Attack Raise 2 skills (phys damage) have been reduced by 3SC (12 now)
-No-Att Attack Raise has been reduced by 1SC (10 now)
-No-Att Attack Raise 2 has been reduced by 2SC (13 now)
-[Element] Enhance (damage plus another buff) has been reduced by 2SC (10 now)
-A bunch of other skills like Elemental Drive/Boost, Chance Drive, Break Boost, Dog Eat Dog, Giant Killing, Durability, etc have all been reduced by 2-4SC (there's like 12 and I don't want to list them all out lol)

There's also some skills that've been buffed a little:

-Fire/Ice Chance's damage to enemies in break has been increased to 20%
-Skill 1/2/3 Boost now also give +2000 damage cap, making them possibly much more appealing
-Counter Boost 1/2/3 have had the amount of damage counters do increased considerably, as well as a much larger cap raise for 2/3 (+5000 and +7500 respectively)
-Iron Wall Counter's damage mitigation is increased and its SC reduced to 2SC
-Lougseus' Revelation has had its damage increased to +10% and its SC reduced to 5SC

Overall these are some pretty great changes and could mean some units may have an extra amount of SC to throw around - nothing like meta-changing, just some really solid QoL upgrades here.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
So I was lucky enough to get Megius and also already have Adelle and SMTheria and was wondering if it would be worth getting Heroic Roland on my pick ticket to start making a light team? I also wanted to ask how hard the quests that drop the godforge light blade ingredients are? Also what is the best way to build SMTHeria as a pure support bot or should I give her some light daamging spells and make her my mage?

Ceritus
Jul 31, 2002

Well, I managed to pick up Lagrobos the Wise and Granadas from the freebie pulls. I'm not really sure who to grab with my anniversary unit trading ticket, though. If I don't have SM Theria, should I just pick her?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
She's a solid pick, and they haven't been able to power creep her over the 2 1/2 years she's been available.

Was going to pick Beyland, but with the nuts boost to the original version on top of the boost his godforged equipment give him I might just go either S. Alice or S.Lagrobos

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Managed to pull Megius off the free tickets, which is always nice.

And I realize the personal equipment is whale bait to start with, but HAHAHAHAHA. Megius only has one and it's 50 credentials. That's $150. I just gave him Zajadosian.

Drashin posted:

So I was lucky enough to get Megius and also already have Adelle and SMTheria and was wondering if it would be worth getting Heroic Roland on my pick ticket to start making a light team? I also wanted to ask how hard the quests that drop the godforge light blade ingredients are? Also what is the best way to build SMTHeria as a pure support bot or should I give her some light daamging spells and make her my mage?

Shift Roland is still an exceptionally good unit, and with your setup, it's very reasonable to take him for your free unit. The normal advice is SMTheria, but you already have her.

Four Capital Battlelords is extremely, frustratingly difficult. If you search my posts in the thread, you can find me ranting about it from the last time it was up (at the half-anniversary six months ago). It is possible to do about 90% of it off the back of a friend unit, but expect to spend several hours grinding your teeth doing it. EDIT: There is a cheese strat using Gobl to instant-kill three of the four bosses, though.

Theria really isn't a mage. She's pretty close to pure support.

Ceritus posted:

Well, I managed to pick up Lagrobos the Wise and Granadas from the freebie pulls. I'm not really sure who to grab with my anniversary unit trading ticket, though. If I don't have SM Theria, should I just pick her?

If you don't have SMTheria, it's very hard to recommend anyone else over her.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 13, 2023

Ceritus
Jul 31, 2002

Nevermind - got it!

Ceritus fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 13, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If anyone is having problems with the four lords I've switched my support unit to my linchpin for clearing it.

Beautiful Songstress debuffs all enemies str at start of battle to make the initial attack survivable and he has an accessory that prevents fainting so as soon as its done just start spamming Black Hole to stun lock everyone.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If anyone is having problems with the four lords I've switched my support unit to my linchpin for clearing it.

Beautiful Songstress debuffs all enemies str at start of battle to make the initial attack survivable and he has an accessory that prevents fainting so as soon as its done just start spamming Black Hole to stun lock everyone.

Thanks sent you a friend request

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Sorry, been at work, but yeah, basically what everyone said about SMTheria is true as far as new player usefulness goes.

The comparison I've seen in regards to Theria vs Sera or, more recently, Mauna, is that Theria is what gets you to endgame whereas Sera and Mauna are what you swap to in endgame for specific content. They do a serviceable enough job early in if all you need is just Any Healer Period, but Theria will help you weather boss fights and other challenging content that you may struggle with when you're still getting Arks/Units for your account. Once you're at a point where you have the resources that survivability is less of a priority (units that can weather damage on their own or enough units built that you can start bringing specific units for specific content), that's when you can start considering Sera/Mauna if you have them. Mauna in particular is incredibly good for endgame/veteran players specifically because a lot of her buffs are passive, and her healing/damage are both higher than Theria's once fully built, which in conjuction with collab skills WAP and Glass Record/Keen Eye let her serve more as a battery buffer who also heals, which can be important in some endgame boss content. She doesn't replace Theria in terms of survivability since, even with weaker heals, Theria's constant shielding/flinch resist is still her edge over the others, but there's already been some reports from testing that Mauna helped some teams clear content that Theria couldn't. That doesn't mean you should get Mauna over Theria, but rather once you're at a place where you're looking for these kind of unit differences you can start to consider these more niche or more endgame units. :eng101:

Also yeah, you basically never make units that aren't already wanting to cast magic into Mages, we just don't have the skills or ways to raise damage caps to make them even remotely comparable to the actual Mages. Similarly, the mages they've been releasing in the past year, year and a half have been so good at MDPS that there's been less and less of a need to turn them into PDPS with stuff like Thaum Ring/Science Flag/etc, which is honestly a great place to be, it always felt kinda weird to go 'hey that cool mage you just got? sorry but we gotta turn em into a fighter now' :v: We do occasionally get some weird units though, like shift Rimuru being a hybrid unit who wants both STR/INT, Adel incidentally being a really strong fire or light mage because all of his damage caps are universal rather than physical, Mauna incidentally having some solidly good phys dmg caps (to the point that even though she has unique magic most people aren't even equipping it bc it's a waste lol), etc

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
For the tour requirements that say things like great sucess with someone who can equip claws and robes does it only count characters with natural abiltiy to equip or can I slap and ability on someone to make it easier since the only character that has both claws and robes naturally that I have is Rei and it wants me to do it 10 times to suceed.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Drashin posted:

For the tour requirements that say things like great sucess with someone who can equip claws and robes does it only count characters with natural abiltiy to equip or can I slap and ability on someone to make it easier since the only character that has both claws and robes naturally that I have is Rei and it wants me to do it 10 times to suceed.

it's been a while since i looked at tours, but im like 99% sure that you can equip 'equip X' skills and it counts (similar for having equipment that give element/ailment resistances)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, equipment and skills count. On some of the tours it's the only way to clear the missions.

15 grand successes on a 24 hour tour gets easier when you can get your chance up to 20%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

any room in the guild? username: bakka id: 171 456 948