Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

i'm loving all about the cream cheese and pineapple

wow check out mr woke2 over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

that's not an alternative model, it's not even to do with any food types, it's just a cut to school lunches. and their insanely dumb gambit of talking about sushi to distract from that has worked 100% in media and even in this thread

No we already knew that. It's possible to discuss one point when another point is already understood and agreed upon

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Weatherman posted:

No we already knew that. It's possible to discuss one point when another point is already understood and agreed upon

it's not so much the thread that bothered me but it seemed notable that we've done the same

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
They should just served porridge. Coeliacs? Easy, don't eat then, you wimps, it'll save us a few bucks. Coeliacs disease is woke

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dietary requirements are woke

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

it's not so much the thread that bothered me but it seemed notable that we've done the same

Seymour calling sushi woke was a fumble actually, as you can see from the reaction. NZ is cosmopolitan enough that sushi is pretty normalised. Lots of white kids bring sushi to school for lunch.

Saving $200m by doing away with quinoa and hummus was the spin he wanted.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I know of multiple schools that offer "order in lunch on Friday for a treat" deals (totally seperate to any free lunch programme) and several of those are for sushi. Literally hundreds of kids a pop ordering sushi by choice.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The point is to make kids suffer by only offering them "kiwi" food, thus turning them into ACT voters.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

this week's school lunches sponsored by KFC

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Progressive JPEG posted:

this week's school lunches sponsored by KFC Benson and Hedges

It's a coalition government.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Just another way for Libertarians to screw children

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Lol at coming for sushi. My boomer rear end dad, who thinks pepper is a dangerous spice that should only be used in moderation will happily eat sushi, and this is a man who got hospitalized with heartburn after eating a medium spice souvlaki.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
The sushi place in Wanaka has beef sushi. It's an absolute abomination.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
The purity of sushi was lost the moment someone put mayonnaise on it, that battle's long over.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
sushi is becoming pizza - by which i mean a format for the delivery of other flavours. we haven't yet reached the point of hawaiian sushi or dessert sushi, but it's only a matter of time

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Turns out the budgeted amount sufficient to feed one child was based on preschoolers, not teen-agers, and on top of that teachers are expected to assemble sandwiches. I imagine that the teachers union might have something to say about that.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

redleader posted:

sushi is becoming pizza - by which i mean a format for the delivery of other flavours. we haven't yet reached the point of hawaiian sushi or dessert sushi, but it's only a matter of time

did you miss me posting in discord the other day about the vegetarian sushi at a function I went to having pineapple in it?

Lobsterpillar posted:

Turns out the budgeted amount sufficient to feed one child was based on preschoolers, not teen-agers, and on top of that teachers are expected to assemble sandwiches. I imagine that the teachers union might have something to say about that.

yeah principals are already pointing out that the govt has pulled funding for the people who actually made the food, so a lot of schools just won't have staff available to make kids lunches

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004
Calling anything woke is a highly efficient means of distracting critics. It works every single time without fail.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

voiceless anal fricative posted:

did you miss me posting in discord the other day about the vegetarian sushi at a function I went to having pineapple in it?
i'm literally being quoted at the top of this exact page talking about sushi with pineapple.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

addressing the topic of a "hawaiian sushi": a hawaiian pizza is ham and pineapple. personally i've yet to see a ham sushi

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's big in - you'd never guess - hawaii

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

it's big in - you'd never guess - hawaii

ah, but i am not a cosmopolitan man. i like my beer cold, my house cold, and my food non-woke

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

redleader posted:

addressing the topic of a "hawaiian sushi": a hawaiian pizza is ham and pineapple. personally i've yet to see a ham sushi

I encountered a spam and pineapple sushi at parliament last week, wokeness in the halls of power.

It was actually pretty good.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Lobsterpillar posted:

Breaking the system, so the libertarian party directing the government can then point and say "look at this broken system, this is why government shouldn't run anything".

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

redleader posted:

Be right back, just getting a tin of spaghetti to pour over some supermarket sushi.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Dip the sushi in Lewis Road chocolate milk

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

redleader posted:

Surimi is pretty much the ham of the sea if you think about it

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Dip the sushi in Lewis Road chocolate milk

Yeah, we never asked the question "Is Lewis Road Milk woke or non-woke?"

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Milk is the white gold that drives the NZ Inc economy my guy, farmed with care by hardworking Kiwi mum and dad farmers, you better believe milk aint woke.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Milk? Roads? Nothing woke about 'em

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
those eyelash clamp things? not woke
oats? woke
blowing your nose into your friend's mouth for fun? not woke
making GBS threads yourself to get revenge on a baby? you best believe that's woke.
johnnie to movies? woke
other johnnie to movies? not woke
martin bosley? woke
the auckland civic administration building rebuild? woke
having a sexual fixation on pot holes and general road condition? not woke
having a sexual fixation with public transport? weirdly, not woke either
poking your eyeball for cheap thrills? woke
barry crump? quantum woke state
walking around boppin' to the seinfeld soundtrack in your earphones? not woke
the youtube piss yogi? woke
unhesitatingly reciting the shahada on your deathbed for laughs? not woke!
nerd expedition to bury dvd box sets of evangelion in anoxic bogs as time capsules? woke
writing bad words on a piece of paper and then throwing it away? not woke

hope that helps

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Chalupa Joe posted:

Breaking the system, so the libertarian party directing the government can then point and say "look at this broken system, this is why government shouldn't run anything".

I mean they're right, this is why THIS government shouldn't run anything

Wait until you hear that the only effective ways we have to tackle traffic congestion are woke

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
:captainpop:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i heard david seymour say sheep herding is woke

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Hope you all went outside tonight.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

It's loving cloudy. poo poo.

I took this is Norway some years ago I will have to stare at my old albums instead.

Saros fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 11, 2024

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can not see anything in Wellington 😕

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I saw it in the hutt, I did have to wait for my eyes to adjust a bit though and there isn't many street light in the direction of the aurora from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Aurora Australis? At this time of year, at this time of day, in most parts of the country, with completely still and cloudless weather?

Yes.

May I see it?

Not from my house, apparently.