Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
please make me a fairy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Please, fairy me. I am a fairy.

Fair.

y

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

TheKub posted:

HAHA that is perfect! Your Bacon Donut one also reminded me of a twitch streamer, Bac0n_D0nut, that I used to watch. Spittin image!

If you're still taking requests, I could go for a spin on a Fairy-go-round.

I looked up Bac0n_D0nut on Twitch and either I have the wrong person or I don't see the resemblance.

Anyhow, all I had to go on was "Fairy-go-round" so yours is...

The Cursed Merry-Go-Round Goblin

"Eh hehheheheheheheheh THAT'S CAPITALISM! :capitalism:"

Some fairies seem insane because they work on fairy logic. Some fairies seem disturbed because they are Unseelie. And then there's the Cursed Merry-Go-Round Goblin who is considered by all three courts to be batshit crazy. Nobody knows what happened to her, all they know is she creates the most cursed playground equipment and Merry-Go-Round seats imaginable. Nobody asked for them. Nobody really wants them. But she gives them away for free, and that's enough for some mortals. Some people think it might be a fetish, but nobody wants to know badly enough to ask.

Context:

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Smik posted:

The Cursed Merry-Go-Round Goblin

"Eh hehheheheheheheheh THAT'S CAPITALISM! :capitalism:"

Some fairies seem insane because they work on fairy logic. Some fairies seem disturbed because they are Unseelie. And then there's the Cursed Merry-Go-Round Goblin who is considered by all three courts to be batshit crazy. Nobody knows what happened to her, all they know is she creates the most cursed playground equipment and Merry-Go-Round seats imaginable. Nobody asked for them. Nobody really wants them. But she gives them away for free, and that's enough for some mortals. Some people think it might be a fetish, but nobody wants to know badly enough to ask.

Oh hell yeah! That's perfect! These have all been so much fun to read and look at, thank you!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Ham Cheeks posted:

please make me a fairy

Pigfat Fairy

"It's delicious!"

So one thing everyone needs to know about fairies: they are all cannibalistic. Yes, all of them. Tinkerbell might not go out of her way to get herself some fried long pork but she's not going to turn it down unless it's someone she knows (and even then it would depend on context). Adult fairies do not hunt each other out of decorum and practicality -- killing a fairy is dangerous, even for other fairies. They will however consume lesser spirits (and sometimes it's consensual, it's complicated but the consumption of fairies by other fairies is different), the flesh of their fallen (again, it's complicated) and occasionally their own half-mortal children.

With that said, it's best you don't think too hard about what the Pigfat Fairy offers you, where it came from, or the possible implications. Just enjoy the tender, fatty pork they offer and know that no animal had to suffer for it. It's delicious and bacon-like.

Just don't think about it. Don't think about it.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Please, fairy me. I am a fairy.

Fair.

y

Was having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do, but it looks like you were playing a game of Mafia and in terms of betrayer/hidden threats I remembered an old fairy trick of wearing someone's skin...

Skinner Fairy

"I can squeeze your order in and it should be ready by next Wednesday."

Despite their uncanny appearance and unsavoury occupation the Skinner Fairy is ... sort of Seelie? They're not directly hostile. The Skinner Fairy has never personally killed anyone, nor do they have any malice towards humanity or mortals in general, and would have no qualms about doing work for a mortal if they asked. They're pleasant company and would invite you in for tea.

They also are the ones the fairies call upon to skin mortal corpses, which the fairies then use to impersonate an individual. They are also incredibly talented when it comes to the preservation of mortal remains as well as doing various arts and crafts with them. You need a book made of human skin? Just drop off the human corpses to them, they'll take care of the rest (do not ask them to butcher anyone though, that's not their thing). An infallible person-suit for living amongst humanity? They can have it ready in a week. They also work with other animal remains as well as modern fabrics. If you want the perfect fursuit, they're the ones to go to as long as you provide the materials.

That said, most of their clientele is from the Unseelie or Third Court. The Seelie are rarely in possession of human remains and when they do come to the Skinner Fairy it's so they can get justice for a deceased individual: there's no justice quite like a murderer coming face-to-face with a supernatural version of their victim.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Smik posted:

Pigfat Fairy

"It's delicious!"

So one thing everyone needs to know about fairies: they are all cannibalistic. Yes, all of them. Tinkerbell might not go out of her way to get herself some fried long pork but she's not going to turn it down unless it's someone she knows (and even then it would depend on context). Adult fairies do not hunt each other out of decorum and practicality -- killing a fairy is dangerous, even for other fairies. They will however consume lesser spirits (and sometimes it's consensual, it's complicated but the consumption of fairies by other fairies is different), the flesh of their fallen (again, it's complicated) and occasionally their own half-mortal children.

With that said, it's best you don't think too hard about what the Pigfat Fairy offers you, where it came from, or the possible implications. Just enjoy the tender, fatty pork they offer and know that no animal had to suffer for it. It's delicious and bacon-like.

Or: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Meat

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Smik posted:

Pigfat Fairy

"It's delicious!"

Now I'm thinking they are all Asheries. I approve

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Interesting and completely coincidental.

I have a world build which I allude to for a few posts but doesn't really dominate the thread. In this world build, there are undead (rare and benign as death has given them a powerful sense of empathy) and the fairies are the unborn. What makes them dangerous is their lack of empathy (as they have never lived).

Let's get to the cannibalistic part though: in the Void, the most primitive spiritual entities are simple concepts that mindlessly consume each other (having a preference for similar concepts), with the stronger concept dominating while still being changed by those consumed. The cycle of consumption continues until a concept snowballs large enough to develop into a more complex idea, at which point it either finds a suitable host (for which it acts as a muse) or weakens and breaks down from all the other concepts taking little nibbles of it. The host is either a fairy or a mortal, but either way the idea gets consumed and transformed into a part of something bigger. When a mortal dies, their ideas don't die with them but journey onwards to find a new host until they're either realized into the physical world or get so big they can manifest as a fairy spirit.

Thus in the world build, all fairies are cannibals just because it's their natural way of life. Trying to eat another fairy "alive" is considered extremely rude (also foolhardy and dangerous) but is not technically breaking any of their laws and they're not actually made of meat.

It's contrived but I needed to create a system so I could figure out how to create fairy characters as well as have a consistent magic system. Didn't create the thread to go into it though, I genuinely just thought the idea of the 'hamburger fairy' was funny and thought it could be entertaining to do more.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Smik posted:

Pigfat Fairy

"It's delicious!"

It's beautiful!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
This thread is so very wholeso

Smik posted:

Context:

:dogstare:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The more fairies in the world the better.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

The more fairies in the world the better.
I couldn't get "The Grey Ghost" out of my head when I saw your handle...

Not really, in a far off land the over-abundance of fairies nearly caused an extinction event and required a severe culling in their numbers which of course caused more minor catastrophes as well. However fairies do have a highly beneficial affect on places without them, although New World fairies can be quite different from their Old World counterparts.

The Grey Gato Fairy

"I pry out the evil hearts in humanity"

Some New World fairies take a different approach to their membership in the Seelie Court. While Old World Seelie fairies prefer to avoid the use of violence and prefer curses to deter problematic mortals, the New World Seelie Court has been influenced by the Super Hero genre. Some of their court have decided that violence is a perfectly acceptable determent, and the Grey Gato is one of those fairies. Shifting in form between a winged cat to a humanoid, she uses her fairy tricks to locate and punish evil-doers -- although due to a general lack of writing quality in comics, she's not really good at the whole 'evidence' part of fighting crime and evil, nor does she have a good grasp of "due process" and instead just beats the unholy hell out of her targets repeatedly until they decide that prison is safer.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I know you already did one for me, but my migraine reminded me that I had also asked for the fairy that brings migraines. I'd really like to see the one who does this to me.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I, too, need to know which fairy to punch hide from in a dark room with a cold compress on my head

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Same here, but I'd also like to thank them for usually limiting their rare visits to inflicting me with scintillating scotoma and going easy on the headache part if I close my eyes in a dark room for 30 minutes soon after the onset.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Geemer posted:

Same here, but I'd also like to thank them for usually limiting their rare visits to inflicting me with scintillating scotoma and going easy on the headache part if I close my eyes in a dark room for 30 minutes soon after the onset.

I’m also anxious to find out which fairy I need to heap curses on as a fellow migraine sufferer.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Smik posted:

I couldn't get "The Grey Ghost" out of my head when I saw your handle...

Not really, in a far off land the over-abundance of fairies nearly caused an extinction event and required a severe culling in their numbers which of course caused more minor catastrophes as well. However fairies do have a highly beneficial affect on places without them, although New World fairies can be quite different from their Old World counterparts.

The Grey Gato Fairy

"I pry out the evil hearts in humanity"

Some New World fairies take a different approach to their membership in the Seelie Court. While Old World Seelie fairies prefer to avoid the use of violence and prefer curses to deter problematic mortals, the New World Seelie Court has been influenced by the Super Hero genre. Some of their court have decided that violence is a perfectly acceptable determent, and the Grey Gato is one of those fairies. Shifting in form between a winged cat to a humanoid, she uses her fairy tricks to locate and punish evil-doers -- although due to a general lack of writing quality in comics, she's not really good at the whole 'evidence' part of fighting crime and evil, nor does she have a good grasp of "due process" and instead just beats the unholy hell out of her targets repeatedly until they decide that prison is safer.

Lack of quality writing bit had me in a fit. Good stuff!

Why was the world cursed with a migraine fairy though? The harlot.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Geemer posted:

Genesplicer posted:

I know you already did one for me, but my migraine reminded me that I had also asked for the fairy that brings migraines. I'd really like to see the one who does this to me.

Rags to Liches posted:

I’m also anxious to find out which fairy I need to heap curses on as a fellow migraine sufferer.

"Migraine Fairy"

"Blurg?"

Migraine fairies are barely sentient and are more beasts of burden, being capable of very simple communication and following commands. The tiny creatures enter through the ear canal to suck up cerebrospinal fluid from the brain, valuing the waste material collected by the fluid as well as the ethereal reflection of thoughts. These creatures are then picked up by their handlers. Primarily used by the Unseelie Court, but the Seelie have been known to use it to correct hydrocephalus. They're sensitive to light and are the reason for the pain of the migraine, which they use to temporarily debilitate their host and disguise what they're doing.

Fairies then milk the creature to extract valuable human thought processes.

Extraction is possible but risky as it takes an equally tiny fairy to enter through the canal and gently remove the migraine so it doesn't cause serious damage to the brain in the process.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Geemer posted:

Strangely enough, I get auras that are technically a form of migraine, but they come and go in a half hour with no pain. I also get cluster migraines which last for 8-12 hours, if untreated, and return every day for 3-4 days. I'm glad they give me vicodin and maxalt. the cocktail generally works in 2-3 hours.

Smik posted:

"Migraine Fairy"

"Blurg?"

Migraine fairies are barely sentient and are more beasts of burden, being capable of very simple communication and following commands. The tiny creatures enter through the ear canal to suck up cerebrospinal fluid from the brain, valuing the waste material collected by the fluid as well as the ethereal reflection of thoughts. These creatures are then picked up by their handlers. Primarily used by the Unseelie Court, but the Seelie have been known to use it to correct hydrocephalus. They're sensitive to light and are the reason for the pain of the migraine, which they use to temporarily debilitate their host and disguise what they're doing.

Extraction is possible but risky as it takes an equally tiny fairy to enter through the canal and gently remove the migraine so it doesn't cause serious damage to the brain in the process.

Yep! That's the little bastard!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The fuckin nipples on that dude really made my day, thank you Smik

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Smik posted:

"Migraine Fairy"

I'm kinda surprised that human thought processes have value to anybody, even fairies.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It's best to not question the abstractness of faefolk

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Genesplicer posted:

I'm kinda surprised that human thought processes have value to anybody, even fairies.

Maybe they burn it for heat

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

Possibly distills into a virulent toxin

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Or concentrated depression and paranoia. I'm sure some rich people pay top dollar for that.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Genesplicer posted:

That's from my lore for a story I'm working on. Fairies are sort of like AI in that they don't come up with anything original on their own, all they can do is recall what they've been taught and they know this. They don't really understand death for example -- they know it's something that exists from humanity and they have been taught to fear it, but fairies don't really know what it means to die or to deal with death.

In the lore, while a mortal sleeps their physical and spiritual forms exchange information and modify each other based on this exchange, which is the in-world explanation as to why sleep is required and a lack of it can kill you. During this period fairies can sneak in and pilfer some of this information since they can't generate it on their own. (In this lore fairies don't consume people for sustenance either but for material and knowledge in order to manifest physically)

The key difference is in my story I don't have fairies as the explanation of why mundane things happen that we have answers for -- that's the whole point of the thread, to make up silly fairies to explain common events. But I still use some of these concepts as an explanation for some fairy behaviour.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Xlorp posted:

Possibly distills into a virulent toxin

Funny you mention that, in the lore I'm writing it can and when concentrated it's so toxic to fairies that they manipulate mortals to handle it for them instead. Fairies avoid fighting each other directly whenever possible because it's similar to chemical warfare and just about any kind of victory is pyrrhic at best. Far better to find a mortal champion, set up the weapon safely, then have them arm and wield it against an enemy. Hence why magical weapons get stowed someplace incredibly inconvenient and guarded by various traps.

One of the problems faced by modern fairies is the fact that inconvenient places to stow magical weapons is running low because humans can get into practically anything, and any place they can't get into is generally too lethal to send a champion to, so they've had to adapt. Fairies are also impacted by the housing crisis as haunted houses are really hard to come by now; in one of the stories three fairies share the echo of a small two-story house in an unfashionable part of town by the railroad tracks. They keep it in rough enough shape to dissuade anyone from being interested in it but not so rough as to appear abandoned and invite intruders, and the eldest uses a human glamour to make it appear inhabited.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I was joking, but that is truly interesting lore.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Am I the fey? Surely, a skeleton king is a fairy.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Skeleton King posted:

I dunno, you might get something along the lines of a rat king...

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The Skeleton King posted:

The Fairy "Skeleton King"

"It's really just an honorary title."

Fairies don't have real bones or a proper skeletal structure, which is one of the reasons why they're pretty difficult to kill through conventional means. While a false-skeleton is convenient for shape-shifting and small forms, it presents a problem for fairies who want to lead a more rugged lifestyle or blend in with humans. If you give someone a firm handshake and their fingers just sort of bend in uncanny and unpleasant ways because you used too much pressure it's a bit of a giveaway that the person isn't quite normal. Nevermind ogres and trolls who really do need a strong physical structure in order to use real force.

That's where the "Skeleton King" Fairy comes into the picture. He's not just a bone worker, he's a living bone worker. You can't just repurpose some old, dead bone you happen to find somewhere or removed from some corpse -- those things tend to be extremely brittle. The "Skeleton King" Fairy has long studied the nature of bone not just as a material but how it works into the bigger picture. It is he who drafts the form of the ogre or troll and sets up the base skeletal structure as well as hammering out the muscle specifications required to animate it.

His schematics have been used for centuries in the construction of many a fearsome monster. His other major work was developing a skeletal schematic for fairies who wanted to live among humanity and stand up to the rigors of lovemaking so the body didn't move in a shocking way and ruin the mood.

Please don't ask him for skeletal mods so you can suck your own dick: he's tired of the requests and the clients that have implemented it say it's really not worth it except for a few specialized video series.

Fromdusktilprawn
Mar 11, 2009
Awesome thread! If you are still doing fairies, I'd like one as well! Well, doing as in drawing, not doing them.

What about a fairy that sneakily makes you older? One day you feel young, and then the next your back hurts, you've got some gray hairs and your body is pear-shaped.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
given its pride month can we get the fairy that made cheap domestic beers "gay as hell" and pissed off the normies? I am imagining they have big fae energy.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Fromdusktilprawn posted:

Awesome thread! If you are still doing fairies, I'd like one as well! Well, doing as in drawing, not doing them.

What about a fairy that sneakily makes you older? One day you feel young, and then the next your back hurts, you've got some gray hairs and your body is pear-shaped.

Meant to get this out earlier but a combination of sleep issues and depression have been really wrecking my poo poo the last two days.

Dr. (Not Actually a Doctor) Cellular Fairy

"Let's practice some medicine. Or whatever."

Fairies don't really understand aging because they don't age themselves. Not only does this make fairy-mortal relations difficult at times, it also means that when requested to help with preventing the aging process the results can be... problematic.

Enter Dr. (Not Actually a Doctor) Cellular Fairy. She's obviously not a doctor (in her defence it'd be really hard to be accredited to a human institution and equally difficult attending class, never mind trying to lift the books) but she is very interested in the human aging process. As such, she works to experiment on people to try to prevent their aging. As stated though -- fairies have serious conceptual difficulties with the aging process (as well as death in general). As a result, her efforts to try to slow down or stop the aging process in humans work to a point, after which they rapidly fall apart

So it's not fairies sneakily making you older, it's that some of them are working to keep them young and when the application unexpectedly fails there is an equally unexpected rapid deterioration process.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Beer Gay So What posted:

given its pride month can we get the fairy that made cheap domestic beers "gay as hell" and pissed off the normies? I am imagining they have big fae energy.

A Pride Fairy

"I HAVE THE POWER!"

This guy. He doesn't just do domestic beer but brings big fae energy to anything. Despite appearances he's not a capitalist but simply is just all too willing to bring the power of rainbows on to anything, regardless if it's just a one-month ploy to seem acceptable by large, soulless corporations. He's not even the only Pride Fairy, he's just the one that gets called on the most due to the whole rainbow power thing.

Also he's a genuinely nice guy who just naturally answers the call to help even if it's extremely selfish just on the off-hand chance it's genuine.

I kind of want to do a He-Man parody called "Him-Bo"

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I think trees and nature are super cool and also I drink a lot of beer. Is there a fairy for that
this but red wine instead

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Smik posted:

So I didn't have a strong idea what to do but decided to turn another of my existing characters into a fairy, which is fine because a good chunk of the mess his life became has to do with a fairy knight falling in love with him. Also he's naked because we just did the Absinthe fairy so let's have some male nudity that hides the good bits.

Scout, Fairy "Borrower"

"I told you, I'm not a thief."

While Scout insists he's not a thief but a borrower, he doesn't exactly get permission to borrow things first. Still, he takes such small, inconsequential things. Tiny things.

Miniscule things. Like bits. Meaningless 1's and 0's.

Tiny, tiny things. Who would possibly miss them?

Spoiler: Many, many people. In exchange for a few favours to the Fairylands, Scout doesn't borrow 1's and 0's from the mortal world anymore.

I'm back from out of town now, and I'm glad to see Mr. Scout here! :D I love the flower hat, and you're excellent ability to draw! Thank you very much for this incredible thread, Smik!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Smik posted:

A Pride Fairy

"I HAVE THE POWER!"

This guy. He doesn't just do domestic beer but brings big fae energy to anything. Despite appearances he's not a capitalist but simply is just all too willing to bring the power of rainbows on to anything, regardless if it's just a one-month ploy to seem acceptable by large, soulless corporations. He's not even the only Pride Fairy, he's just the one that gets called on the most due to the whole rainbow power thing.

Also he's a genuinely nice guy who just naturally answers the call to help even if it's extremely selfish just on the off-hand chance it's genuine.

I kind of want to do a He-Man parody called "Him-Bo"

Go for HIM-bow for a double pun, also bows are cool and they shoot hard long wooden shafts into people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Jenny of Oldstones posted:

this but red wine instead

Oh, you mean the former Grape Fairy.

The Fermented Grape Fairy

"Yeah yeah, have some really old grapes."

The Grape Fairy's been around for awhile, but since fairies don't age and thus don't get old or wrinkly instead the Grape Fairy fermented. Now instead of giving you grapes with a wave of their wand, they give you... well they still look like giant grapes but they're more like wine in an organic case. The Fermented Grape Fairy occasionally helps out in the Strongest Man in the World Contest in Free Country USA.