Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Dude. DUDE. What're you doing?"

"What? What're you talking about, man?"

"That's MY burger. What're you doing eating it?"

"What? Oh man, totally a honest mistake! Here, have some of my fries."

"I don't want any of YOUR stanky-rear end fries, burger-stealer! Get on outta here!"

quote:

"If you're out, and starving, and need a bite to eat, then you need fast food."

:burger: Pinterest Mom, aka Trevor, Dude-Aligned Vanilla, was shamed into going home on Day 4! :burger:

~~~

*munch munch munch burrrrrp* "I gotta admit, those dudes weren't kidding. This was totally worth skipping my workout for.

...Maybe I'll come back tomorrow, too. What's wrong with a cheat day every now and then?"

quote:

"One of the most disturbing things to me is that in the last 20 to 25 years, we've actually seen a doubling of overweight and obese children and adolescents."

:burger: bowmore, aka Greg, Dude-Aligned 1-Shot Bulletproof, was ENDGAMED into a failed fitness routine on Night 4! :burger:

~~~

All the Dudes have fallen before the glory of Five Guys Burger & Fries!

quote:

"Fast food is popular because it's convenient, it's cheap, and it tastes good. But the real cost of eating fast food never appears on the menu."

:burger: Poque, Burger, Five Guys Burger & Fries-Aligned Poisoner, along with his salty pal PMush Perfect, have WON the game! :burger:

Scumdoc: https://discord.gg/fDZBm2c
Moddoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AzYz0LT1PUtQpSOe9FQI93URENniujTV61l-TZm9uRs/edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks everyone for playing! Kind of a bummer that it petered out in the last couple of game days, but so it goes.

The setup popped into my head during a boring long drive, and I couldn't NOT use it. Thanks Birdstrike for your terrible awful no-good meme. :burger:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i didn't think I had a shot in the world

I was super annoyed how the end of D1 went because I was definitely stalling for time at the end but would have voted PMush, but felt like I was the only reason discussion even HAPPENED in the last half hour leading up until deadline.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
[12:17 PM] Poque: this is frustrating because they're right for extremely wrong reasons

BottleKnight posted:

Poque seems like scum who is mad we might lunch him for reasons he doesn't feel are deserved.

[12:43 PM] Poque: i want to die
[12:44 PM] Poque: is bk looking in this scumdoc
[12:44 PM] Poque: be honest with me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Poque posted:

[12:17 PM] Poque: this is frustrating because they're right for extremely wrong reasons

:laffo:

this was a fun game to watch, sorry I missed out. Hope to join a Podgame sometime later!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao bowmore

gg poque

ty pod

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thanks for the game Pod!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sincere apologies, apparently Snooze Cruise is the originator of the titular meme for this thread.

I did enjoy running a nice small game, I may do more of these soon to counterbalance the large games that keep popping up!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

i didn't think I had a shot in the world

I was super annoyed how the end of D1 went because I was definitely stalling for time at the end but would have voted PMush, but felt like I was the only reason discussion even HAPPENED in the last half hour leading up until deadline.
If Pmom was putting in any effort at all I would have voted you instead

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Podima posted:

Sincere apologies, apparently Snooze Cruise is the originator of the titular meme for this thread.

I did enjoy running a nice small game, I may do more of these soon to counterbalance the large games that keep popping up!

Thank you Podima for clearing this up, and owing up for you mistakes, but as the head of the mafia meme committee (which you may or may not remember me mentioning on page 1 of this thread) I do have to say because you messed this up, this game is now void and never happen.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bowmore posted:

legit was my only real hope I had coming into the last day.

I totally missed D3's deadline being shortened by an hour, I meant to be there at the end and freaked out when I saw a few new posts and the thread closed.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bowmore posted:

you voted for the guy who was responsible for the day 1 scum, over the guy who roped himself into an oracle claim that was obviously fake. you're not putting this on me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Poque posted:

Lmao

My reads are good in small games and hilariously awful in big ones

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

over the guy who roped himself into an oracle claim that was obviously fake.

in my defense, I was drunk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Are you loving kidding me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
D1 was pretty hype for how well people bought into the fakeclaim. We had all these big plans for how to make the game seem way more complicated than it was, but PMom's :effort: hammer did me in.

I was so proud of my VT breadcrumb, but I waited too long to 'cash it in'. Ah well. Poque pulled through, though! :toot:

Pinterest Mom posted:

you voted for the guy who was responsible for the day 1 scum, over the guy who roped himself into an oracle claim that was obviously fake. you're not putting this on me.
I am! You had us cornered, but let up the pressure.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Are you loving kidding me

Can I no longer be your irritating mafia rival now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can I no longer be your irritating mafia rival now

Yes know my mafia rival is the loving GAME

Thanks for it pod it was fun and angering like mafia should be

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all games should be between 7 and 13 players

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bowmore posted:

all games should be between 7 and 13 players

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

lol if you only voted based on flavor

Poque posted:

this is frustrating because they're right for extremely wrong reasons

I've been stewing on this -- flavor might matter in a game based entirely around food consumption. I don't get this 'wrong reasons,' I don't get this metagame mindset that everybody knows is gonna set things up to be miserable for mods and players where games work a certain way and that's just how it is and

anarc explicitly states that flavor matters in her games, ecco games are ecco games; I'm still learning how to even do a flip in the first place - and gently caress whether I read right or wrong, just as in the greater scheme of games as a whole, right, it seems remarkably short-sighted to make games that are solvable or where there aren't risks or where every day the arguments boil down to who doesn't like the intended's posting.

the moment i was gone everything ground to a halt at the end - why? frustrates the hell out of me. not that i have a drat clue what I'm talking about wrt any of this anyway.

that said a hearty gg a whole half of team P ya traitors

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was sincere about wanting to play with you, pera. Maybe we'll end up on the same side in our next game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

peramene posted:

I've been stewing on this -- flavor might matter in a game based entirely around food consumption. I don't get this 'wrong reasons,' I don't get this metagame mindset that everybody knows is gonna set things up to be miserable for mods and players where games work a certain way and that's just how it is and

anarc explicitly states that flavor matters in her games, ecco games are ecco games; I'm still learning how to even do a flip in the first place - and gently caress whether I read right or wrong, just as in the greater scheme of games as a whole, right, it seems remarkably short-sighted to make games that are solvable or where there aren't risks or where every day the arguments boil down to who doesn't like the intended's posting.

the moment i was gone everything ground to a halt at the end - why? frustrates the hell out of me. not that i have a drat clue what I'm talking about wrt any of this anyway.

that said a hearty gg a whole half of team P ya traitors

The comment about being right for the wrong reasons was about the push on me at the beginning of D2 regarding not being on the vote at the end of D1. I was fully planning on voting for PMush if it came down to it, but PMom came and hammered with about 5 minutes to go. I was parked in a neighborhood refreshing on my phone, heh.

In general, if flavor matters in a game, it will be stated in the OP. The only flavor arguments I remember in this game was me talking about the NK text and how it felt like "poisoning" but that was only because I knew that it was poison. I actually asked Pod earlier if the game was going to explicitly state that somebody was dead from poison, so I had that in my mind the whole time.

I thought you played totally fine, pera, you were just really the only person I could go after on D2 because you had a lot of in-a-vacuum interactions with flipped scum PMush that I could try to push and make them appear scummy. I didn't feel like I could make a real push on Kash or PMom because they felt really townie to me, bowmore didn't have a lot to respond to, and BK was on me so it would've felt like I was trying to pull an OMGUS. The arguments I made against you were flimsy, and I'm surprised that the dunk happened.

In terms of the game grinding to a halt, I feel like that happens more often in games where town catches scum on D1. I have no idea why - there's always so much to analyze once you find that first scum, even if it's just D1 interactions, but I think too often people rest on their laurels of the first caught scum and assume somebody else will do the hard work on catching another, when in reality it's never just one person who did it in the first place. You can't have everybody sitting back waiting for somebody else to do the work, or else the other scum can take over discussion, which I felt like I could do since from that point on, town always needed a unanimous vote to dunk me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

pera good

• Locked thread