Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
What's in a name? If you're on xbox live probably not a lot of thinking.

Forums user BROS SUN PRAISER has a really wonderful thread going right now about horrid and awful videogame hatemail. I posted about some really bad gamertags I've run across lately, and there seemed to be a bit of interest, so in order to prevent a derail I've created this thread.

Here's a couple of gems from the other thread, with bonus awful hatemail attached! I think I'll let them speak for themselves.

Interesting fact about that second one, I've noticed that people with lovely gamertags love to use that avatar pose for their gamer picture. I guess it does look pretty brutal!

Some fantastic ones I've seen over the past few days:

GaudiestPath & Trolling 4 Life
How can a path be gaudy? :iiam:
And I hope the other guy really does troll his whole life. There would be nothing cooler than someone's grandfather shouting "I trolled you"!

So let's hear them. Infuriating, ignorant, asinine, or just plain dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Starcraft 2 caster Artosis getting trolled by the usernames of users asking questions always crack me up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmqs_6CBzcU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crow_Rodeo posted:

When you make a new account now, you don't choose a name. Instead Live gives you one automatically, and a free name change. GaudyPath sounds like one of its auto generations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Best: Smokedog420

Worst: Smokedog420

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Crow_Rodeo posted:

GaudiestPath & Trolling 4 Life
And I hope the other guy really does troll his whole life. There would be nothing cooler than someone's grandfather shouting "I trolled you"!

You ever think about hitting the observational standup circuit? This is gold material.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I should probably include some content. From a TF2 server:

<- HE CHEATS | HE SUCKS ->

It owns though. I mean I guess this thread about the worst ever gamertags, but this one owns. Sorry :sigh:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

When you make a new account now, you don't choose a name. Instead Live gives you one automatically, and a free name change. GaudyPath sounds like one of its auto generations.

I guess I should clarify; I thought that originally but the way he had it formatted it was fairly obvious it wasn't an auto genned name. Guess I sort of borked that one up.

BROS SUN PRAISER posted:

Best: Smokedog420

Worst: Smokedog420

This is great, mainly because it seems like pretty much a good 50% of all GTs on live.

Leovinus posted:

You ever think about hitting the observational standup circuit? This is gold material.

Then you best be going hog wild

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Weedlord Bonerhitler

Probably someone has that now.

And I hope this guy really is the lord of weed and the Hitler of boners. There would be nothing cooler than someone's grandfather shouting "Weedlord Bonerhitler"!

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.
Sto420ner. Hands down

TheRevolution1
Sep 21, 2011
My gamertag I made in middle school.

xxxMercenary007

From what I remember I really wanted to use Mercenary, as I had used it on another game but obviously it was taken and adding xxx and 007 was the best thing I could think of. My xbox ended up RROD a few years ago and I switched to PC gaming anyways so I never bothered to change it.

What continues to haunt me is my first guild wars 1 character "Man Warrior Destroy".

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Anything that's xXxLoneSnipez420xXx is the worst.

The best is weedGOKU666.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Smelly posted:

The best is weedGOKU666.

I've seen this guy on the goon-owned Battlefield 3 servers a few times. Is he a goon?

The worst I've seen lately has been xxSUPA SKILLSxx, who finished a full game 0 - 4, or zZDaRkMaGiXZz. Why people surround their GT with characters aNd SpElL tHeM lIkE tHiS is beyond me.

Best I've seen was years ago: GRANNYS MINGE. Every time he killed me I giggled, because I am a child.

Edit: Oh man, PoopFeast420 is amazing

vvv battlefieldgoons.com confirms it, I should've checked there first

Abiggoat has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Jun 14, 2012

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Abiggoat posted:

I've seen this guy on the goon-owned Battlefield 3 servers a few times. Is he a goon?

The worst I've seen lately has been xxSUPA SKILLSxx, who finished a full game 0 - 4, or zZDaRkMaGiXZz. Why people surround their with characters aNd SpElL tHeM lIkE tHiS is beyond me.

Best I've seen was years ago: GRANNYS MINGE. Every time he killed me I giggled, because I am a child.

Yeah, I believe he's Traitorous Leopard on here.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
The best I've seen was KILLA_CYST.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Back in middle school playing Red Alert and Starcraft I was "ssjtrunkslvl4"

Dragonball Z ensnared us all :negative:

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

A World of Warcraft character named simply "Gookgrappler".

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
When playing street fighter online, I went through a phase where I kept fighting dudes with gamertags that included some sort of iteration of "AZNBOY" or "AZN-BOI." I thought that was pretty loving dumb.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.
i always thought "tourdefranzia" was pretty great :3

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
666theheartless666 is a very popular guy who loves playing video games while a camcorder records it. Who am I to make fun of his name?

Dzokhar Duggar
Oct 18, 2008

Stupid Idiot Bitch
Saw a dude named TylerxLongpube once. I don't even know :psyduck:

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!
I used to play games with a dude named payne2damax. He was totally serious about the name and thought it was the coolest thing ever. He was also a douchebag.

And if Warcraft names count, my dad used to name all of his characters ridiculous things. Like he would name his paladin "Vatoloco."

Levi Cumrag posted:

Saw a dude named TylerxLongpube once. I don't even know :psyduck:

I guess when you're ten people tell you that long pubes = long dick? This person couldn't possibly have any to think that.

Also, as a weird side note, "minx" or "minxy" is the most common username for women I have seen on the internet. I've seen at least 5, and that's probably over half that I know. Originality!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I don't think I've ever seen any names with minx.

I've seen plenty of "gothgurl" or rather just ____Girl and fill in the blank with any random "type"

Also plenty of qtie and variants of that.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

My alt account on league of legends is called "xXxWeedGoku420xXx" becuase all the alts in the group I play with were deliberately awful.

I woulda put "SepriothAlucard69" in there too but it wouldn't fit :<

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I think I'd consider pro League of Legends player Michael Santana has a username that's at the very least interesting. His username is "imaqtpie". Here's a picture of him:

Mezurya
Dec 31, 2011

That's how I do!

Smelly posted:

I don't think I've ever seen any names with minx.

I've seen plenty of "gothgurl" or rather just ____Girl and fill in the blank with any random "type"

Also plenty of qtie and variants of that.

There's a popular Youtube LPer named Mangaminx, and also MissHannahMinx. I won't say any other ones because they're just girls with Youtube channels and I don't want people creepin' on 'em.

And yeah, you'll see thousands with "girl" in the name, because a lot of young girls (mainly the same ones who heavily use DeviantArt) are pretty hungry for attention.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

blumpkinbliss posted:

When playing street fighter online, I went through a phase where I kept fighting dudes with gamertags that included some sort of iteration of "AZNBOY" or "AZN-BOI." I thought that was pretty loving dumb.

Back in the days of Counter-Strike I must have played with dozens of people with the name "AzNkilla". I'd always briefly wonder if that meant they were an asian person that kills people, or if they killed asian people.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
There's plenty of Games goons I end up playing with that have excellent gamertags, such as:

GET GRANDMA WET
BEAR OVERDRIVE
Chug Manmilk
DUMB 8 YEAR OLD
NO GRANDMA NO
and Very Cool Dad

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Back in the days of free AOL discs a good friend of mine of used to roll around on Counter-Strike as Jesus v9.0 Optimized. Always thought that was pretty great.

Also, if possible, could a mod please change the thread title to "KILLERxTHREAD420_69: The Best and Worst Gamertags Thread"?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
The popular thing I see now on XBL is gamertags with alternating capitalization. poo poo looks so bad it hurts. It's always something like HbZDaTrUhUnGrImEn

Oh and add in people who change their gamer tags to have a "clan tag".

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Met a Human Paladin on WoW with white skin texture named "PalliesareBlack" :argh:
also any name with "Killa" "Pwn" "xXxxxXXEXex" and any variation of them.

Me and a few of my friends were equally uncreative in high school and just spelled our last-names backwards for screennames.

Shuffle has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Jun 14, 2012

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Abiggoat posted:

Edit:
Oh man, PoopFeast420 is amazing

I've seen that name somewhere, aren't they a goon or is the name now some kind of injoke?

For bad names that I've seen in games I think getting killed repeatedly by "DJ Tanner" until I finally remembered where I saw that name.

Wang Flotilla
Oct 13, 2007

God damn these electric sex pants

Any of the old clan names that had a rank in them like <<<|| 420l33th4x0r ||>>> I would consider to be particularly bad, just based on the lovely politics that went into deciding who got what rank.

Glad I got outta that poo poo.

thong district
Jun 28, 2006
Selling dangerous liquids to idiots since April '06
A friend convinced me to trial WoW. I red'g as Trollcano. Bear in mind this was back when the Icelandic volcano ash cloud was preventing everyone from going on holiday.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I think the worst I ever saw was some guy running around on either BF3 or Black Ops (can't remember which) with the tag "MenstrualClot." It was kind of funny in a way, but also just gross. :gonk:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

The best/worst name I ever saw was in TF2. It was a player named Ladies call him "The Fist."

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
A guy on TF2. [IT BURNS]I PISS BIKE CHAINS

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Tony Two Inch, on XBL, got a good laugh out of me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's not a gamertag but this still makes me laugh.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Any xxXNAMEHEREXxx name annoys the poo poo out of me. Also 420 in any form, I know smoking weed and playing Xbox is a big part of your life but no one gives a gently caress you stoner moron.

And back in my WoW days when the Death Knights were introduced I lost count of how many Sephiroth variations I saw. I'd like to say people's video game character names don't annoy me but that just got under my skin for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Ok Fella posted:

Any xxXNAMEHEREXxx name annoys the poo poo out of me. Also 420 in any form, I know smoking weed and playing Xbox is a big part of your life but no one gives a gently caress you stoner moron.

Actually, that's usually just what they want people to think.

I saw a warlock named Cybercity once in world of warcraft. I don't know why but that was the best name I had ever seen. It was just so drat goofy and frustrated, like an angry chihuahua. I imagined some kid in a No Fear t-shirt creating his first character, practically vibrating with excitement at his desk. Piles of Witchblade comics strewn around him. Sipping on a glass of chocolate milk with a crazy straw, he immediately picks the warlock. In his adolescent mind, the power to command demons would surely instill the fear and respect he so obviously deserved. The mighty summoner needed a name. A name that would echo in eternity as a warning of the sheer power he now possessed. Something cool and mysterious, like the matrix movies he had seen so many times. His shaking fingers pecking at the keys, one by one. It was done. He was ready. Cybercity.

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Jun 14, 2012

• Locked thread