Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt), Muscle Memory (Contest win = +2 up to 4)
Actions: 0 -> -1 (Injury)
Coins: 66 -> 102
Companions: +++

"Piratica! drat, it's gonna gut her!"

Lug leapt forward and the Hobgoblin's giant's fork trident sunk into his abdomen, instead of the stricken pirate wench's gut.

"No!"

"Ow," said Lug, then lifted the blinking hobgob's sievehelmet off his head while he struggled to tug loose the trident - and slammed both fists down with a meaty

THUNK

THUNK the monster: 1d20+4 12 - Lug takes an Injury! Hobgoblin goes down!

"Lug! Tarrnarrtion!! I woulder gutted 'em right barrck!"

"And died yourself. That hob had you dead to rights, Piratica. Oh poor Lug!"

"Ladies, Lug isn't... I'm not sure that pierced his rectus abdominis even. Let me see, Lug - oh hollee ma - yeah. He's fine. VERY fine. Well okay, not fine fine, but he'll hold... that position for a bit, won't you Lug?"

A minute passed in near-silent contemplative admirations of Lug's... heroics. Definitely his heroics.

"... didn't we have some looting to do?"

"Ow'm okay," assured Lug and gave the Ladies a big grin, though wondering why they'd been staring so hard at his six-pack region. Wondering more where his good friend Sylvestre had ended up. Was this even the right dungeon?

Plucking the Aviary: 8d6+10 36

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Coins: 31-3-3-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1-3-1-1+2-2=0
Bruises: 5-5+1+1+1+1=4
Drinks: 2-2=0

Skills:
1 - Work the Land (D4 gold/act)
2 - Take 10
3 - Fancy Footwork (2 Acts Tavern)
4 - Experienced (2 Acts Questing)
5 - Good looking (-2 Flirt DC)
6 - Keen Sight (Spot a boss' weakness without rolling/act)
7 - Escape Hole (Flee dungeon, lose temp companions/act)
10 - Shield Scroll (Negate 1 injury and lose the skill)
17 - Mechanic's Grip (Disadvantage 1 opponent gambling)
20 - Arbiter (Nullify 1 opponent spoiled skills)

Companions:

"Friar Paunch, a moment of your time. I've just returned from the Aviary following the path of Sylvestre, but have seen neither hide nor feather of my fellow Avian. Will you speak with me the words of Blessing, and intercede for the little green chap in your prayers?"

Free action Buy a Blessing -3 coins -5 bruises -2 drink

"Fantastic, I love what you've done with the place, Betty. Time to soak my feathers."

Free action Bath -3 coins, -2 Brawl DC this turn

"Marcel, these delicacies are really spoiling us! You and your protégé have outdone yourselves!"

Free action Gourmet meal -3 coins, Advantage on Brawl *2

"Time to pay in advance for a spot of mayhem."

Free action pay for damages brawl -1 coin

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 16 19 New Skill!

Take 10 on New Skill, Shield Scroll Obtained

"Excellent, these things come in handy. Again!"

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 11 19 New Skill!

Take 10 on new skill, Shield Scroll already obtained
Take 10 on new skill reroll, Shield Scroll already obtained, default to Work the Land

"All this success is making me hungry. Marcel?"

"The first rule of fight club is pay your dues."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 15 19 New Skill!

Take 10 on new skill, Shield Scroll already obtained
Take 10 on new skill reroll, Shield Scroll already obtained, default to Experienced

"The second rule of fight club, don't make the hostess tap the first rule sign."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 11 13
bruise check DC2: 1d20 10

"Sometimes the lesson is to duck. Marcel, your finest 'Remember to duck a l'orange', if you please.

"The third rule of fight club is antici..."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 8 14 New Skill!

New skill: 1d20 17

"...pate the opponent's moves. Well, less a rule and more a guideline, to be honest."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 20 11 New Skill!

New skill: 1d20 20

"Marcel, things are going well, so I'm back for more of your epicure's delights."

"My, we've really done a number on these furnishings. Betty, my share."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 5 1
bruise check DC4: 1d20 16

"Sometimes the lesson is when not to duck. I'm accipitridae, that sort of fowl play is beneath me."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 10 14 New Skill!

New skill: 1d20 10 Shield Scroll already obtained
New skill reroll: 1d20 4 Experienced already obtained, default to Keen Sight

"Marcel, you magnificent maestro of the menu. I really shouldn't, but those wafer thin mints look exquisite."

"I have to ask, Betty. Do you buy frangible furniture by the job lot?"

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 7 13
bruise check DC6: 1d20 6

"That was so close to actually hurting me I've run out of witty things to say. I'll just have to punch you amusingly."

Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 2 17 New Skill!

New skill: 1d20 5 Good Looking already widely known
New skill reroll: 1d20 10 Shield Scroll already obtained, default to Escape Hole

"You know what makes a decent palate-cleanser from constant feasting and fighting? Farmwork!"

Work the land: 1d4 2 coins obtained, -1 act

"Marcel, let me trade these farm fresh ingredients for some rustic fare."

Free action meal -2 coins, Advantage on Brawl

"Oh, all right. One last punch-up before I call it a night."

Brawl -1 act
Brawl with advantage: 2#1d20 10 9
bruise check DC8: 1d20 7 Shield scroll cancels injury and disappears

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[15>00C Coins][1>2>3>4 Goblin?][5>0 Bruises]
The Geezer looked around, and quietly dipped out back.
[freeAction][15C>14C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 4 nope
[freeAction][14C>13C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 10 nuh uh
[freeAction][13C>12C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 8 not happening
[freeAction][12C>11C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 9 you know,
[freeAction][11C>10C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 12 goblins do have standards
[freeAction][10C>09C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 20 [Companion Get!]
[freeAction][09C>08C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 8 they don't sign up for whatever
[freeAction][08C>07C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 11 its why there's still goblins!
[freeAction][07C>06C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 1 if they took every contract-
[freeAction][06C>05C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 20 [Companion Get!]
[freeAction][05C>04C]Buy Drink + Flirt: 1d20 17 [Companion Get!]
oh. huh. that's a full lineup right there. drat.
anything else?
[freeAction][04C>03C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages): 1d20 18
New Skill?: 1d20 9: Muscle Memory!
[freeAction][03C>00C][Blessing!][5 Bruises>0 Bruises]
[Action][00C>01C]Work The Land: 1d4 1
Geezer wiped their brow, and looked on their (and the goblins) work.
A proper fight pit!
...ok it was just some flattened dirt in a circle but it felt proper. and someone left a few coins out there too.
To the surprise of nobody the Geezer immediately put it to work.
[freeAction][01C>00C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages): 1d20 20
New Skill?: 1d20 7 Escape Hole!
drat. Geezer really showed that schmuck what-for. Can we even call that a fight? Wow.
Yeah, yeah this was probably going to the geezers head. Or that might've been the helmet-restricted bloodflow talking. Either/or.
Either way, they had minions, a good set of skills, and a pretty good idea of what to do next. Things were finally lookin up for the Geezer!
And the goblins too, of course. They weren't entirely sure what they signed up for at this point, but it looked good? Probably? :shrug:

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

:siren:---------EVENT!---------:siren:

Night of the Living Dead - Turn 1/3

The Necromancer has gathered his strength and sent forth upon the world his undead minions! Players at the tavern may choose to defeat Zombies in order to prevent Townsfolk deaths!
  • Zombies attacking: 5
  • Townsfolk Killed: 1/Zombie/Turn
Engaging with a Zombie prevents it from attacking during a Turn. Note: Zombies multiply. Each townsfolk killed has a 50% chance of becoming a Zombie themselves.

Town Population: 195
Note: Companion deaths are included with the Town Population.

Zombie
HP: 5
Damage Range: 1-11
Special: On a roll on the die between 1-5, succeed in a DC 11 check or one of your Companions becomes a Zombie

---------Tavern--------

Gilligan: "Betty, am I hearing what I think I'm hearing?"

Betty: "Oh, sorry, I think Stabdee knocked out all of Cliff's teeth. He's been trying to talk his way into a free blessing from the good Friar."

Gilligan: "Is it really Thursday already? Never mind. No, I'm talking about the faint screams?"

Betty: "Huh, now that you mention it..."

She goes over to an open window and peers out into the evening air. Suddenly, she pulls her head in and slams the window's shutters.

Betty: "loving hell...Paula! Snailina! Get your asses down here and get us shut up good and tight!"

Gilligan: "What is it Betty?"

Betty: "It's a goddamn mob of zombies is what it is! But they're - I don't know - organized? I've never seen something like this before! Close everything boys and girls! Make sure if you let someone in, that they're not bit!"

Gilligan: "Don't barricade the front door! We're still open for business!"

Betty: "What, really?"

Gilligan, a hungry gleam in his eyes: "The only priest in fifty miles is snoozing in our tavern - we're everyone's last resort now. They'll need food and drink."

Betty: "There's something seriously wrong with you, you know."

Marcel, in the kitchen: "Mes Amis, I will not admit defeat! We will serve fine dining, in a timely manner, if it means our fingers are scoured to the bone! When I say Demi-glace, you say Quoi?"

The line cooks yell out "How Much!?"

Marcel, in the kitchen: "Ah, c'est bon! It is like zee chorus des Anges!"

Stabdee gains a Skill by Brawling - "Take 10"

Stabdee gains a host of hired hands! (9)

Hawkins gains multiple Skills by Brawling, including 2 Spoilered Skills! - "Shield Scroll", "Work the Land", "Experienced", "Keen Sight", "Escape Hole"

Gilligan: "Goblins have a very delicate palate. I would recommend this Strawberry Radler. Oh, or perhaps a lovely Blonde Ale, infused with vanilla and clove?"
The Geezer gains 3 (Goblin?) Companions by Flirting! Mr. Popular over here!

Betty, picking up teeth: "Man, Cliff just got those fixed..."
The Geezer gains multiple Skills by Brawling - "Muscle Memory", "Escape Hole"

--------Questing--------

Lug Thunkhard - The Aviary Aggressions - Completed!- 1 Monster Defeated

Lug took the blow meant for his party member, finishing the Hobgoblin himself, and as they applauded his...bravery...they departed from the dungeon, flush with treasure and...victory. Yes, the flush was from victory.

On the party's way back, Lug noticed some folk shambling in from the countryside that he hadn't seen in some time! They came over to congratulate him and were positively crowding him and his ladies, who were in a hurry to get back to the Tavern, obviously to spend their hard earned spoils. Funny, Guy met them all the same, and didn't seem to mind the pestering of the folk who came in from the wilds. They got their payment just like always.

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 76/110 - 1 Monster Defeated!

Saikrits bony companions continued to clack and twich and grunt through the dungeon without much getting in their way. Most of the traps were ancient, dusty, and poorly maintained, and Saikrit had little trouble directing his troops past them. It was certainly looking like they might achieve the end of this dungeon sooner than later!

Mr. Tower - Dougie's Old Treehouse - 8/110

Mr. Tower's fifteen senses stretch to their breaking point as they strive to catch wind of where the Giant Ant will emerge.

Mr. Tower must roll to Dodge or suffer a Death Penalty! DC 9 Check. (Free Action)

Giant Ant
HP: 7/11
Damage Range: 1-7
Special: The first time your roll on the die is a 10 or above, the Giant Ant Burrows to dodge the damage! DC 9 Check to spot it next turn, otherwise take 1 Death Penalty!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Skills: Work The Land, What's In This Room?
Coins: 0
Bruises: 0
Drinks: 1
Injuries: :siren: 1

Dodge the Giant Ant: 1d20 16

"That was close!"
"Now, Al! While its eyes adjust to the light!"
"KILLITKILLITKILLIT!!!"

Attack the Giant Ant: 1d20 10

"That was too close, guys."
"We can't stop now! Blood has been spilled!"
"And it was almost ours, Jimmy. We'll carry on for now, but one more hit and I'm reconsidering my options."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 4
Bruises: 1
Companions: 4
Hired Mercenaries: 3
Maps: 1 (Tomegarden of Arkay the Vile)
Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling. - 1 Action.

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 76/110 - 1 Monster Defeated!

"We shoulde be nearly there, as we have reached the Obscure Symbol section, how many tomes can possiblie be authored by writers with obscure symbols for names, eh?"

Explore the Tomegarden of Arkay: 1d20+1+4+3 = 14

"Say, that Obscure Symbol looks particularly enticing... Mrs. Bone, would you fetch it for me?"

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 4 +9 Temporary
Bruises: 3 +1 Bruise
Coins: 1 Coin
Skills: Muscle Memory, Experienced, Mentor's Blessing, Skinflint, Work the Land, Dungeoneering, Escape Hole, Take 10, 3 Spoiler Skills.

Exploration - Sinterklaas's Workshop: Using Take 10 With Dungeoneering & Experienced = 15, 15

The party and hired hands were left by themselves as Stabdee led them into the Workshop, and after an awkward silence, the Warrior soon spoke up.

"So, who wants know the story of how I got mixed up with Ms. Stabdee over there? It's quite the tale."

After the rest expressed curiosity, the Warrior cleared his throat, obviously happy to have an audience, and began.

"You see, when I left home, I left as a 'venturer. My pa and ma had adventures, and their pas and mas too. I knew adventuring was in my bones! And so I got into 'ventures with some pals.."

The Warrior let out a wistful sigh, and continued.

"Anyhow, I met Ms. Stabdee one day on a monster hunt. She had the same dagger you see her holdin' to this day and was quiet-like. Now I beat up monsters like a proper 'venturer, but her with that dagger.. So much blood, aye. And the screaming, I can still hear it. And then she turned on me with that look in her eye and went, "Hey, want to be in an adventuring party? You do, I know it." And that was that, here I am now. Still here."

The Warrior cleared their throat, checking nervously for any monsters or their leader, before speaking once more.

"Want to hear about the time my ma and pa fought a minotaur next?"

Sinterklaas's Workshop Exploration Target Progress: 30/160

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 24, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bruises: 4
Drinks: 0

Skills:
2 - Take 10

Companions:

"Fellows, we'll have to postpone our next spelunk. The town itself is in danger."

Questing: Night of the living Dead

Attack a Zombie (threat range 1-11): 1d20+4 20 - Dead zombie!

"Excellent work, comrades! Let's take on another! Wait. Sylvestre? Is that you?"

Attack a Zombie (threat range 1-11): 1d20+4 15 - Dead zombie!

"Urgh. I'm okay. That was... drat. May your soul fly free... He deserved better than that. Let's go and drink to his memory."

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 23, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Townsfolk
Coins: 8 > 9
Injury: 0
Companions:
code:
Work the Water- 1 Action - Gain 1d4 coins while at the Tavern

After dropping off his most recent harvest of mussels to the inn, Musselsman heard groaning and screaming in the distance. He shook his head. Some people just can't hold their mussels, especially when that beautiful man Marcel prepared them. So forte and epicé when steamed in his parfait hollandaise a la Marcel.

Work the River: 1d4 1

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt), Muscle Memory (Contest win = +2 up to 4)
Actions: -1 (Injury) -> 0 -> -1 (Injury) -> 0 -> -1 (Injury) -> 0
Bruises: 0 -> 1 -> 0
Coins: 102 - > 72

"It's just a few zombies. Even the townsfolk could take care of this. If they don't get bit a lot and turn into zombies themselves. Should we help?"

"Eh."

"Need me arr drink fore I go barrck arrt it."

"And Lug needs some food - and better tending! Friar!"

While some manner of commotion took place outside (was that Sylvestre's name he heard bandied about?), Lug was patched up, sudsed up (to much glee) and pampered with mussels, grapes and caviar (one of the new cooks had brought luxuries) - at least until a pair of scoundrels knocked over the plates and the Thunkhard's Muscle Memory kicked in.

Free action: Buy Blessing (-6 coins)
Free action: Buy Bath (-3 coins)
Free action: Buy Gourmet meal (-3 coins) (advantage 2 Brawls)
Free action: Brawl w/advantage and pay damages (-1 coin): 2#1d20 7 1 "Oof!"
Roll for 1 bruise injury: 1d20 19
Free action: Brawl w/advantage and pay damages (-1 coin): 2#1d20 10 10 "I got youuuuuuu-"
Roll for 2 bruise injury: 1d20 1 - Injury!

It turned out lunging across the recently polished hardwood floor in still-somewhat sudsy shoes was a bad idea, and off to the friar again Lug went, to much laughter and some mild consteration on the hunk's end. A replacement meal was ordered - and it wasn't long until events repeated themselves - almost.

Free action: Buy Gourmet meal (-3 coins) (advantage 2 Brawls)
Free action: Brawl w/advantage and pay damages (-1 coin): 2#1d20 9 18 Success!
Skill roll: 1d20 20 - Spoilered skill!
Free action: Brawl w/advantage and pay damages (-1 coin): 2#1d20 5 16 Success!
Skill roll: 1d20 1 - Work The Land! Already have!
Skill roll: 1d20 18 - Spoilered skill!

Suds-free, Lug's rippling body tore through the offenders until they both lay face-down at - or well, into - the bar. Sheepishly scratching the back of his head and feeling a bit... off, Lug paid Mr. Gilligan for the damages and turned around to face the tavern crowd.

"Folks, instead of carousing about and putting m'meals on the floor... maybe we can settle disputes with fun? Take arm-wrestling! Anyone want to try? Da says it's good for getting all that 'gression out, ya know? Oh, hey, here's a taker!"

Action: THUNK the monster: 1d20+4 10 "Ouch! No, you don't get bitey when you lose! That's it, have a-"

THUNK

One more zombie planted back into the ground - and Lug once more being hurried back to the Friar. It was turning out to be an expensive night!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[00C Coins][4 Goblins][0 Bruises]

Geezer poked their head up front, and saw the first wave of zombies were... already dealt with. huh. Not the Geezers problem!
They thought about sticking around, but the goblins were getting restless. And the Geezer too, actually. The King awaited in the deep.
Well, the King would have to wait a bit longer. The Geezer needed more coin. more practice. More goblins.
Happily, one of those things was an easy fix.

[Action1]Explore the Tomegarden of Akay: 1d20+4 11
"balls"
What Monster?: 1d20 3
The cohort squint at the unidentified creature, and, like with so many unknown problems, resorted to the evergreen fallback.
Hit it with a stick.
[Action2]Fight the ?????: 1d20+4 21
It wasn't clear how much this actually did, but it was a pretty good thumping nevertheless.
Now they waited to see what happened next...

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

:siren:---------EVENTS!---------:siren:
Note: there is no treasure for slaying Event monsters!

Dragon's Hunger - Turn 1/5

The unleashed Red Dragon has been seen stalking the land, hunting mostly in the wilderness, but its eye has been turned towards the plump, verdant flocks and fields of the farmers of the Village of Wandersee!

While the Event is active the following effects occur:
  • Yields from Work the Land suffer a -1 Coin penalty.
  • Normal and Gourmet Meals cost +2 Coins.
  • Taking the Work the Land action is now dangerous. Rolling a 1 on the d4 results in a Death Penalty.

Players at the tavern may choose to distract the Dragon from the village by slaying two Giant Elk. They must roll a successful DC13 Monster Hunting check to find a Giant Elk.

Giant Elk
HP: 15
Damage Range: 1-9
Special: Giant Elk Charges if you roll a 4, 8, or 12 on the die. Roll a DC 12 check or take 1 Death Penalty!

Night of the Living Dead - Turn 2/3

The Necromancer has gathered his strength and sent forth upon the world his undead minions! Players at the tavern may choose to defeat Zombies in order to prevent Townsfolk deaths!

Hawkins and Lug successfully defeat 3 Zombies! But they keep on coming!

• Zombies attacking: 3
  • Townsfolk Killed: 1/Zombie/Turn
Engaging with a Zombie prevents it from attacking during a Turn. Note: Zombies multiply. Each townsfolk killed has a 50% chance of becoming a Zombie themselves.

Town Population: 193
Townsfolk killed last turn: 2
Nom nom zombie?: 1d2 2
Braaains….: 1d2 1
Zombies created last turn: 1

Zombie
HP: 5
Damage Range: 1-11
Special: On a roll on the die between 1-5, succeed in a DC 11 check or one of your Companions becomes a Zombie

---------Tavern--------

Marcel, at the back door: "Ah, Monsieur Musselsman! It is a pleasure to see you in these trying times! You have not been bit? Ah, c'est bon!"

Marcel pokes through the sack of Mussels appreciatively, passing Musselsman some coins.

Marcel: "Ah, truly, you are an artiste like myself! Such a joyous bounty! I will bring a great many dishes into le vogue with these!"

Suddenly, there is a terrifying roar heard booming overhead and echoing back from the mountains. Marcel looks up, mouth agape.

Marcel: "Sacré Bleu! It is a Dragon!"

The two men watch as the Red Dragon flies over a nearby field, scorching it with its breath and descending to feast upon a roasted flock of sheep.

Marcel: "Mais non! I had an order of Mouton scheduled! Ah, c'est terrible!"

Friar Paunch: "Ah, my good man, a healing balm for your glorious self sacrifice."

Lug Thunkhard slips hard.

Friar Paunch: "Oh, well, you know, happens to the best of us. Why, I remember the time when I stepped on a bar of soap while leaving the bath-"

Lug Thunkhard gets Bit.

Friar Paunch: "Not for nothing, but you might consider avoiding the walking dead in the future. They don't have any conception of fair play, you know."

Lug Thunkhard takes multiple Injuries and is Blessed multiple times!

Lug Thunkhard gains multiple Spoilered Skills by Brawling

--------Questing--------

Saikrit Baus, The Geezer - Tomegarden of Arkay - 101/110

Saikrit Baus (1 Monster Defeated): Mrs. Bone tottered over to the Obscure Symbol in question and gave it a rough tug, intending on bringing the paperweight to her master. However, the base of the etched stone was tied to some mechanism, and a secret door in the wall quickly slid away to reveal a terrible monster!

Gelatinous Cube
HP: 30
Damage Range: 1-9
Special: After each attack, roll a DC 10 Check or take a -1 Modifier to your rolls for this battle.

The Geezer (1 Monster Defeated): Traveling to the ancient Tomegarden was no longer a hassle with his Goblin companions. Their knowledge of the unmapped lands beyond the village was second to none. In fact, the directions that Guy gave him on the way out the door almost seemed as if they were meant to confuse and obfuscate the way! Strange, indeed. Anyways, shortly after entering the Dungeon, the Geezer's party got themselves spooked over a bunch of crawling caterpillars. Laughing, they barely paid attention as their boots crushed the little wrigglers on their way through.

Centipede Swarm - Defeated!
HP: 0/5
Damage Range: 1-7
Special: If you take a Death Penalty from the Damage Range, take a second Death Penalty from Centipede Poison

Mr. Tower - Dougie's Old Treehouse - 8/110 - 1 Monster Defeated!

Crushed beneath Mr. Tower's mighty tread, the Giant Ant lay smote upon the ground. The tattered garments of the man began to show the secrets that lay beyond his abnormal stature and arm length! The stair up to the treehouse above beckoned tantalizingly.

Stabdee - Sinterklaas's Workshop - 30/160

Stabdee's war party carried on telling stories as their leader scoped out the workshop. The elves were as productive as ever, it seemed, building their weaponstoys of mass enjoyment. And so welcoming! She had a mug of cocoa and a warm blanket thrust upon her the moment she slid cautiously in the door. A foreman walked over and pointed out directions to the Fudge room, the Toy Design Area, the Experimental Toy Emporium, and the Mechanized Toy Infantr-I mean Caregivers. He then gestured to the waiting room, where several Monsters were being pampered in ethical captivity. "You don't bother them, they won't bother you!" He claimed cheerily. "The Big Man always welcomes all the children of the world!" He pulled out a large legal pad. "Now, I see you have a dangerous war party here, so if you could please list your Heart's Desire so that I can run it up to the Big Man, that would be ideal. He loves giving gifts. Oh, and please fill out this paperwork for all the members of your party in Quintuplicate." He hands Stabdee an intricate set of paperwork and what looked like an actuarial table, but for morality. "You'll need it notarized by the elves on the 5th floor, of course. Happy travails!"

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 24, 2024

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 4
Bruises: 1
Companions: 4
Hired Mercenaries: 3
Maps: 1 (Tomegarden of Arkay the Vile)
Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling. - 1 Action.

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 101/110 - 1 Monster Defeated!

"Oh noes, it is the cubemonster, boneless and slimey! It will consume my meat for sure, unless we salt it for rations firste! Quickly my minions, spice up its life!"

Spice a Slime: 1d20+1+4+3 20 !

[edit:
Was i dunked in the gunge?: 1d20+1 18 appears not!]

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 24, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Skills: Work The Land, What's In This Room?
Drinks: 1
Injuries: :siren: 1

"More exploring!"
"With no monsters!"
"No more monsters ever again!"

Exploring Dougie's Old Treehouse: 1d20 5 A Monster Appears!

EDIT: What monster?: 1d20 13

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 24, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 4 +9 Temporary
Bruises: 3 +1 Bruise
Coins: 1 Coin
Skills: Muscle Memory, Experienced, Mentor's Blessing, Skinflint, Work the Land, Dungeoneering, Escape Hole, Take 10, 3 Spoiler Skills.

Exploration - Sinterklaas's Workshop: Using Take 10 With Dungeoneering & Experienced = 15, 15

Stabdee was baffled at all the warmth and cheer that was thrust upon her, begrudgingly sipping that mug of warm cocoa. And then gladly sipping it, the cocoa was great. She was less pleased by all the paperwork thrust upon her, one hand gripping the dagger as she stared at the pile.

"Oh yes, thank you for the hospitality, I'm sure this is all very important, but, maybe I could just.."

Stabdee stopped drawing her dagger as she suddenly saw the whole party and the hired hands staring at her disapprovingly. She heaved a great big sigh and let go of it, starting to think. This dungeon was truly insidious.

"Ol' Stabdee's Heart's Desire, you ask? Hmm."

A question like that evoked some thoughts, that's for sure. What did a violent, impulse-driven adventurer like her want? Then the answer came to her suddenly, making her cackle.

"A heart of gold! Pure gold, at that. Yes, that would do me a world of good, aha!"

Now to deal with the paperwork, ugh.

Sinterklaas's Workshop Exploration Target Progress: 60/160

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 24, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Townsfolk
Coins: 9 > 11
Injury: 0
Companions:
code:
Work the Water- 1 Action - Gain 1d4 coins while at the Tavern

Musselsman heard from Marcel that there was a dragon in the area. Harrumph! Nothing to be worried about. The mussels are safe from its fiery breath. Musselsman heard from Gilligan that there were zombies about. Harrumph! Nothing to be worried about. Musselsman could jump into Musselsman burrow until zombies gone.

Sylvestre not coming by yet? That was to be worried about. Why Musselsman friend not say hello? Bird knew that Musselsman was coming back two days ago!

Oh well, work the river and the river will provide. Perhaps Musselsman will ask next time Musselsman was in tavern.

Work the River: 1d4 2

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt), Muscle Memory (Contest win = +2 up to 4), Gun Show Tickets, Arbiter
Actions: 0
Coins: 72

After having had the situation explained to him - patiently, with some needlessly wrought table carvings by a bored Piratica - and having slept on it, Lug stood up and gesticulated fiercely.

"Well, I know one thing, and that's these walk-in dead are gonna get "

THUNK

"-ed! Oh hey, was that another one?"

"Tavernkeeeeep... should the front door reeeeally be open?"

Action: THUNK the monster: 1d20+4 14 Zombie down!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[00C Coins][4>3 Goblins][0 Bruises/0>1 Injury][1x Monster Stomped]

Honestly the Geezer felt a little bad about that one. Sure they were murderous, horribly toxic centipedes, but c'mon they're just lil guys. Oh well.
Geezer+Crew came here to freeload off the hard, dedicated labor of others, and by god that's what they would do.
[Action1]Explore the Tomegarden of Akay: 1d20+4 5 aaand Geezer takes one on the chin. [101>106][+Injury]
It wasn't entirely clear if the goblins appreciated the Geezer suddenly diving in front to take a hit.
Bit different from the norm frankly, what with people usually diving behind them for safety.
In any case the Geezer had some fight left in em.

[Action2]Explore the Tomegarden of Akay: 1d20+4 5 orokos is out for blood. tactical goblin, go! [106>111][4>3 Goblins]
one of the other goblins however, was not so lucky. But the dungeon was done and dusted. hooray?
Does Geezer Find a Boss?: 1d20 3
Well. I guess? Geezer certainly felt eyes on them as they (and the surviving goblins) took their share of the haul.
...But in the end, nothing popped out. Maybe it didn't want any of the Doom Geezer+Co had, lest it be contagious.
Lootin the Dungeon of Akay: 10+2d6+3d6+2d6 35
10+2d6+3d6+2d6
------
10 base
+2d6 base
+3d6 (3 Companions)
+2d6 (1 Monster)
------
Not a bad haul. Not bad at all.
There wasn't much to say on the way back. But with an actual chunk of change, well. Things were going to get very interesting for the crew.

M'thinks Saikrit Baus also gets some tasty loot on their way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bruises: 4
Drinks: 0

Skills:
2 - Take 10

Companions:

"Tagging in someone else on Zombie cleanup. There's a dragon loose and we'll need to power up to deal with it. Let's go shake down the Cobalt Cult for their lunch money."

Dungeon Exploration: The Cobalt Cult Hideout

Take 10 twice. 20/20, Dungeon complete!

Lunch Money, Cobalt Cult Hideout: 6d6+10 38

Boss Battle unlock, Cobalt Cult Hideout: 1d20 14