Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ammanas posted:

i dont see how anyone could have watched that game and thought 'gobert is trash'. dude was everywhere, jokic was just better.

He was pretty bad the first half of the game, you should listen to them break it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Feels like the Hawks making the ECF in 2021 is the tighter comp

There's also the the 2013 Pacers lol.

But yeah, I don't feel like there's any "forgettable" teams that actually make the finals, even if Orlando did slip through the year KG got hurt (and Boston still took them to 7).

The East sure is rolling out the red carpet for Boston this year, though.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 18, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Blind Pineapple posted:

Yeah, I don't feel like there's any "forgettable" teams that actually make the finals, even if Orlando did slip through the year KG got hurt (and Boston still took them to 7).

The East sure is rolling out the red carpet for Boston this year, though.

why do you say that? the pacers are healthy and rolled right through to the ecf against the most injurious teams in history

should be a good matchup

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The early 00 Nets finals teams were pretty bad and pretty hard to even craft a narrative about them, I definitely classify them as forgettable. Like that Knicks team that made the Finals was probably worse but at least you got the Ewing Theory story to make you think about them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rick posted:

The early 00 Nets finals teams were pretty bad and pretty hard to even craft a narrative about them, I definitely classify them as forgettable. Like that Knicks team that made the Finals was probably worse but at least you got the Ewing Theory story to make you think about them.

weren’t those the kerry kittles teams?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I assumed this was a joke (and also didn't watch all of it) is that not the conclusion other people are coming to?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Nets run made Jason Kidd's career. Plus it was the first time the Nets had accomplished anything since the merger.

If AI didn't step over Ty Lue, the Sixers team before them would've been more forgettable than the Nets. And, again, we have the Pacers before that. Finally break through after one dynasty crumbles only to get stomped by the start of the next one. The post-MJ East was pretty dire.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Chairchucker posted:

I assumed this was a joke (and also didn't watch all of it) is that not the conclusion other people are coming to?

open your mind. they have electromagnets in the rim and the “players” are paid actors. it all fits together

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

fart simpson posted:

weren’t those the kerry kittles teams?

That sounds vaguely familiar.

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Nets run made Jason Kidd's career. Plus it was the first time the Nets had accomplished anything since the merger.

If AI didn't step over Ty Lue, the Sixers team before them would've been more forgettable than the Nets. And, again, we have the Pacers before that. Finally break through after one dynasty crumbles only to get stomped by the start of the next one. The post-MJ East was pretty dire.

I did think about including that Sixers series since the second half of that series went so badly for them but yeah I always think about AI stepping over Lue.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Spacebump posted:

I once met someone with a Paul Walker tattoo. He did not like when I brought up Paul Walker dated minors.
I read this as Paul Wall for a second and got really bummed out.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

No this is actually bill simmons's latest article

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Blind Pineapple posted:

A a new jerseyan I loved those teams and I remember getting very upset after Tim Duncan destroyed them to end it in 03, and that's also when you had all the Kidd to SA rumors during it and if that actually happened it would have been Durant before Durant

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
2018 Cavs are extremely forgettable. If it wasn't for Lebron's insane 50 point performance in game 1 of the finals and the JR Smith fuckup no-one would ever remember that series at all.

Seriously, look at the Cavs 2018 roster and outside Lebron and an already declining Kevin Love it is trash.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Thibs theory that fatigue and injuries don’t exist if you pretend they don’t on the verge of being disproven. now any fan or media figure who spoke derisively about load management needs to be forced to do 500 full court sprints daily

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Blind Pineapple posted:

they had a nice core, just got outclassed by the best defensive team in nba history in the following years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dejan Bimble posted:

they had a nice core, just got outclassed by the best defensive team in nba history in the following years

josh hart had a nice core too and look what happened

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I feel like the recent Heat and Suns finals appearances already barely exist, give them a few years

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m biased. But no way, that suns run was a miracle and each series of it was memorable for various reasons (ayton alley oop, cp3 Covid leading to the Cam Payne Game lol, the last time ever that jokic looked bad, Jae crowder getting ejected for salsa dancing at lebron, etc)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
And both jimmy butler heat runs ruled. Never forget when he burned Boston to the ground

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
woj says porzingis is back doing on court drills, expected to miss the first two games of the ECF

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Blind Pineapple posted:

There's also the the 2013 Pacers lol.

I don’t really think that team compares to this year’s Pacers. That team had really challenged the Heat in the second round the previous year, then was a real contender in 2014 until they had a weird meltdown halfway through the year (and still made the ECF again). This iteration of the Pacers was in the lottery last year

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Squinky v2.0 posted:

woj says porzingis is back doing on court drills, expected to miss the first two games of the ECF

I don’t think the Celtics need to rush him back against either the Pacers or Knicks but they’re absolutely going to need him if they make it to the Finals with whatever team comes out of the West

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The knicks have a 40 win team on the injured list lol

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The 2013 pacers had verticality hibbert, a legend of the game

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

morestuff posted:

I feel like the recent Heat and Suns finals appearances already barely exist, give them a few years
Yeah I think these are pretty forgettable. Any LeBron finals team is part of his career narrative, that Magic team pioneered 1 in 4 out stuff, but the Suns never followed that up and transformed into a failed super team and the Heat are a nothing unless you want to hang a conference championship banner and say that’s proof of Heat Culture.

Not saying the Valley Oop didn’t own but Ayton got salary dumped a couple years later. Heat beating the Celtics was a huge upset, but I’m not saying these weren’t fun to watch, just that those teams evaporated without leaving any mark behind them

The verticality Hibbert team actually has more of a place in bball history just as the last gasp of the traditional big stiff

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 18, 2024

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nachos posted:

The 2013 pacers had verticality hibbert, a legend of the game

I'm still upset we never got a playoff series between them and the Thibs bulls it would have been the most awful poo poo anyone has ever seen.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Verticality Hibbert was a wild ride. he went from dominate playoff defender that had peak LeBron busting out the floater to basically unplayable over the course of like two years

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Unforgettable runs by forgettable teams, past 5 years:
2024 (too soon to list but probably the Knicks or Wolves)
2023 Heat
2022 Dallas Mavericks (Luka became Devin's father)
2021 Atlanta Hawks miracle run
2020 (I didn't really follow this but that young Lakers team was stacked)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Knicks couldn't hit poo poo last night. They're still playing the same post injuries just nothing is going down. Pacers have shot absurd this series with good defense in their faces too.

It feels like the jankier the shot the more likely it is to go in for the Pacers, like their entire offense is based on muffing a punt and taking it back for a TD.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
It felt like siakim was shooting like dirk from the midrange. I’m also convinced turner is over 100% from 3. Knicks have been lucky that haliburton seems to be shying from the moment though

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
I thought Haliburton was fine last night, though I will say from the crowd it felt like he had to be goaded into shooting a few times. But nothing like his disappearing act in games 1+5. I’m definitely nervous about whether he’ll show up in g7 on the road though

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

its not like haliburton is choosing whether or not to Play Good. he is very very injured

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

its not like haliburton is choosing whether or not to Play Good. he is very very injured

The great ones tell their body not today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Metapod posted:

The great ones tell their body not today

maybe the great bodies reply back "shut up bitch"