Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I used robinhood gold which gives me 5.25% return on anything I have just deposited but not invested

there are probably better options but it's better than what I was getting before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
We are up to 6% on a savings account on Wealthfront due to referrals giving it a bit of a boost. I think the base is around 5%.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hollywood unions get a lot of headlines, but to me LA teachers or Port unions are FAFO

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

We are up to 6% on a savings account on Wealthfront due to referrals giving it a bit of a boost. I think the base is around 5%.

When I took the CD averages were like 3% I think, really dunno how any of that poo poo works, just remember it was huge

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

We'll need Braksgirl to weigh in on the Star Wars hotel.

Does her rank transfer over, so it'd be Captain Braksgirl?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I buy Silver bars and coins whenever I have the spare cash and keep it... somewhere.

It's worth more return wise than if I invested it anywhere else. Up 15% this year or, thereabouts due to wars everywhere, the US currency being a joke that's propped up by inertia and the petrodollar getting hosed around with.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Can't sleep, got a cat in my lap and a cat at my feet while I watch Futurama. I ate late since I made an easy but step itensive soup for dinner and now I'm not quite tired enough to go to bed.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 25, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have been experimenting with making melts/crispy sandwiches in my air fryer. Cause sandwiches own.

I have found that if you get a good hearty roll like a sourdough or a hoagie or one of those mini baguette whatever things, cut it open, give it a little drizzle with olive oil. Air fry at highest for a few mins. Take it out, ham, "cheese" - whatever the singles that are like rubbery/plasticky but also delicious, sprinkle of whatever shredded poo poo you have in the fridge, cracked pepper. back in the fryer til melty, slather with your sauce, some raw onion and some peppers (out of the jar in oil - whaddya call it again?).

You get crispy delicious melty sandwich.

Yes I have taken my THC based medication today. Why do you ask.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

I used robinhood gold which gives me 5.25% return on anything I have just deposited but not invested

there are probably better options but it's better than what I was getting before

i really need to switch over from WF but the thought of switching things is just....ughhhhhhh

Air Skwirl posted:

It's weird that I think a 2 hour movie is too long, but I'll watch a four hour video essay tearing something to threads.bi haven't seen the Star Wars hotel one yet, but the HBomberguy one on plagiarism was incredibly compelling.

someday ill watch the 16 hour phd lvl breakdown of twin peaks that everyone says completely tied everything together

...someday

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Troy.

Great sword and sandle epic or greatest sword and sandle epic?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh good, I get to spend Memorial Day weekend being sick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Watch Troy.

Its fkn sick.

IMMORTALITY WAITS FOR YOU! TAKE IT! ITS YOURS!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Me too!

Kids dgaf tho

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

We’re supposed to go to a birthday party today so I’m hoping I can convince my wife to take our kid on her own.

Then I can watch Troy and lay on the couch.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

LOL. Shohei Ohtani just bought my friend's GF's house (she's Adam Carolla's ex-wife)

The house has already been shown on Japanese TV, lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

We’re supposed to go to a birthday party today so I’m hoping I can convince my wife to take our kid on her own.

Just tell her "that is why no one will remember your name"

If she says no

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

One kid alone? Pfft

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

BlindSite posted:

Troy.

Great sword and sandle epic or greatest sword and sandle epic?
I don't think I could enjoy it as much after reading Wrath Goddess Sing it's a reimagining of the Iliad starring, for starters, Achilles as trans daughter of autistic owl-lady Pallas-Atenu. :allears: but I do remember Troy being pretty cool.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

:hf:

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you like youtubers doing cool computer things, I used to work with this guy and he's super smart and fixes old PC and TV components mostly for the fun of it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE5dIscvDxrb7CD5uiJJOiw

This is related, his second channel test and try no script videos are perfect for dozing in and out of sleep on a couch when I'm sick.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ether Frenzy posted:

LOL. Shohei Ohtani just bought my friend's GF's house (she's Adam Carolla's ex-wife)

I didn't know of Adam's separation from Lynnette until his house sold, so how long were they apart?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, sometimes you just have to accept a game's not for you. I just could not get into Witcher 3 no matter how I tried
I am struggling with this with Horizon Zero Dawn. The gameplay is gorgeous and fluid, I love the story, the gameplay loop itself just hasn't grabbed me yet. It feels like More FarCry, and I've already played and beaten several of those. It also feels like I'm completely outmatched against a lot of the enemies and I'm just not understanding the mechanics. It's probably in part because I play the game 2-3 hours at a time every few months, and it just isn't enough time to git gud get familiar. Every time I have a few hours to game on my own my mind wanders to "well I could just play Doom Eternal or TotK, I'm already good at those..."

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I'm taking my kid to a music festival today and tomorrow. Thankfully it is in Louisville so I just had to pay for tickets.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Good morning

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

Good morning

Wow it’s lovely and rainy here, I’m jealous

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

Good morning

Aww man, I'm at work today otherwise I'd be all over that poo poo. Farmers Market, Best Market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The bread was good. We’re getting our lovely rainy weather tomorrow when the big friend group made Memorial Day Weekend plans, so I’m enjoying today’s weather while I can!