Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Makes sense to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

SporkChan posted:

Piggybacking on this some, because it's good work.

Hal, Plastic, and Mycellia all took an action, all 'observed' by another player.

My track can't be independently verified, and I stated it after Mycelia had claimed their target.
RWC has a gunsmith result on MQ of NOT A KILLER
TMor has claimed to have no actions
MQ was the vig and claimed to have no more actions

Hal, Plastic, and Mycellia are cleared.
MQ is cleared. (Only way I can see for MQ to be scum is if RWC is also scum.)

Scum must be in the other three players; TMor, Spork, or RWC.

From my perspective voting out RWC and letting Hal kill TMor is the best option.

From your perspectives if both flip town then I must be the scum, but I'd be alone.

Can anyone see any downsides that I don't?

I can't see a downside unless there's more than one scum left, or one scum and a 3P that has some reason to help scum

like I feel obligated to point out that it does fall apart if RWC and I are both scum, but 5 scum in a 19 player game seems unlikely

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Downside: What if there are two scum?

If they are Hal and TMor, scum win

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Downside: What if there are two scum?

If they are Hal and TMor, scum win

I don't think so, the only way there could be two deaths (and 4 people tomorrow) is if I kill Tmor and Tmor kills someone but then in your scenario there would only be one scum (me) left, otherwise we are at 5 alive tomorrow, no?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If it is something like Spork and MQ though, then we could lose tomorrow if I kill Tmor tonight after dunking RWC

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't think so, the only way there could be two deaths (and 4 people tomorrow) is if I kill Tmor and Tmor kills someone but then in your scenario there would only be one scum (me) left, otherwise we are at 5 alive tomorrow, no?

If it's Hal and Spork and TMor is in fact innocent.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

If it is something like Spork and MQ though, then we could lose tomorrow if I kill Tmor tonight after dunking RWC

Oh but that can't be since RWC "cleared" MQ

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

If it's Hal and Spork and TMor is in fact innocent.

Ah true, but fmpov that is not the case so I am not considering that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If only you had gunsmithed me, your top scum read, we could have avoided all this

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Well I'm really sorry.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

If only you had gunsmithed me, your top scum read, we could have avoided all this

This almost sounds like an admission of guilt!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

This almost sounds like an admission of guilt!

Or you'd know I was town (which I suspect you already do anyway) and thus your doom scenario could never come to pass

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm kinda at the "if it's Hal and Tmor then good job Hal." phase. He was first on Voodoo, outed Salad, seems towny in the masonry..

Mycellia, just.. pray that you doc the right person if we're wrong. If you do, they hey, we can still win.

##vote: RWC

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I don't know why you do this rather than take up my kind offer to be the next in line after removing TMor's ex-proof status. I mean that is dual purpose--gets rid of me, and takes out the ex-proof.

##vote Tmor

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Also, plastic, check the D1 vote record about who was first on Voodoo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thinking on it more it seems likely there are 2 scum left. 4 seems too low for a 19 player game where everyone has a role.

So that gives me a bit of pause, I want to think about the “cleared” people a bit more in that context and if RWC flipped town I’d I might be reluctant to kill TMor tonight. I dunno, it’s late, I need to sleep on this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I don't know why you do this rather than take up my kind offer to be the next in line after removing TMor's ex-proof status. I mean that is dual purpose--gets rid of me, and takes out the ex-proof.

##vote Tmor

That doesn’t make much sense to me, we will get no new information today unless TMor is lying about his role.

Then tomorrow either you are dead from a NK, or else you come in and probably claim to have gunsmithed someone as scum and we have to figure out if you are lying or not because it won’t be very believable on the face of it and if we get it wrong we lose.

Maybe I’m missing something though. I mean I guess I could still kill Tmor tonight if he survives an execution but then we’re still left with the same questions about you tomorrow.

I’ll sleep on that too

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

The way I do it when I mod is, if someone who is 1x dunkproof gets the most votes, the actual dunkee is the next person. I don't know how PMuzz does it and I don't know if TMor knows, either. Best case though, we max TMor, he doesn't die, if I'm the next person I do, and I guarantee I am town. Or nobody dies, which is better for me and better for town.

Plastic at one point seemed pretty convinced there were four scums. I note that he has a contingency plan in case I'm not scum. It doesn't sound like he's really committed to me being scum. Also I hate that "if X is scum they deserve it" bit.

And TMor's statement about voting him will needlessly prolong the game, well I just didn't understand that at all. It won't vote him out, that'll take another day if that's what happens--so what?

Anyhow I am hoping not to wake up dead but if I do, go town.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thinking on it more it seems likely there are 2 scum left. 4 seems too low for a 19 player game where everyone has a role.

So that gives me a bit of pause, I want to think about the “cleared” people a bit more in that context and if RWC flipped town I’d I might be reluctant to kill TMor tonight. I dunno, it’s late, I need to sleep on this

Balance is different in a WIFOM game as the scum can start coordinating even their role picks.

I slept on it myself, and I just don't think there are two more scum.

##vote Rhymes

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: "For twelve years you have been asking, who is Rhymes With Clue? This is--" gunshots

Votecount for Day 5

Rhymes With Clue (4): MockingQuantum, mycelia, mycelia, mycelia, PlasticAutomaton, SporkChan
Tired Moritz (1): Rhymes With Clue

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Tired Moritz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 29th, 2023 at 7 p.m. CST -- that's in about 12 hours.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Everyone is standing in the kitchen, just staring at the seven remaining dishes. It’s amazing there’s even any food left, given how much everyone is eating. Belts have been removed and everyone has changed into sweatpants and maternity pants. And yet, they eat.

They know something is still making them sick, or they would have gone home by now. They scrutinize each dish, looking for any small thing which might be off. Hmm, that stuffing does look delicious. Though it’s a little light on the celery. Maybe because the celery that’s included has gone bad?! Who is to say?

Well, the remaining dinner guests, that’s who. They grab the stuffing and load it into the trebuchet on the roof. RWC cries “No! Don’t catapult the stuffing! It’s just delicious stuffing!” and everyone shouts “WE DON’T BELIEVE YOU!”

They launch the container of stuffing down the street. Thinking fast, RWC grabs a stack of saucer sleds and runs outside. Luckily, Maugrim, Keats and Cube are still out there, and they work quickly to use the saucer sleds to catch the flying stuffing.

RWC looks tearfully at their friends, and they all sit in the yard eating delicious stuffing from saucer sleds with their bare hands.

Rhymes With Clue, the TOWN-aligned bringer of Delicious Stuffing, has left Thanksgiving dinner!

quote:

Delicious Stuffing with Minimal Celery, if any
This scrumptious side pairs well with other dishes to accentuate their flavor.
Gunsmith

##Stuff <Player>: Each night you may choose one player to Stuff. You will be told “HARMLESS” or “POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS”, based on whether or not they could be currently responsible for the death of another player.

It is now Night 5! Deadline is a little squishy because the day ended pretty early. I’ll say deadline is tomorrow at 7pm CT (about 35 hours), but if everyone gets their actions in by tonight (about 12 hours) I can open the day then.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Dinner is so silent you can hear a pin drop. Everyone is on edge, and they’re not sure what the fate of their poor tummies will be. Surely more people can’t get sick, can they? All the bathrooms in the neighborhood are occupied! (I mean there are other houses but I’ve used up the only neighbors whose names I know)

*ominous rumble*

Oh no.

*a second ominous rumble*

OH NO.

Tired Moritz looks in horror at the vegetarian loaf of food he brought. “Who added these peas?!” he demands. “I’m pea intolerant!”

His stomach makes a horrid squelch… which is quickly accompanied by MockingQuantum’s! Both of their tummies start making a distressing cacophony of uncomfortable noises. They frantically try to think of the closest bathroom, and THERE ARE NONE.

MockingQuantum picks up TMor and fireman carries him to the backyard and they both just plop down in a snowbank and then… plop in the snowbank.

Tired Moritz, the TOWN-aligned bringer of a Vegetarian Loaf of Food, has left Thanksgiving dinner!

quote:

Vegetarian Loaf of Food
Does not contain meat! May or may not contain flavor.
One-shot Execution Proof.

If you would be executed, you may instead post a message to the thread about how the veggie loaf you brought is really not that bad and is even pretty healthy. The game will then continue to the Night Phase.

The snowbank is cold and horrible but also undeniably a bonding experience for the two sobbing goons.

MockingQuantum, the TOWN-aligned bringer of Butternut Squash has left Thanksgiving dinner!

quote:

Perfectly Cubed Butternut Squash
Hehehe “butternut”. If you don’t think that’s funny I’ll fight you.
One-shot Vig

##Chuck a Squash at <Player>: You may choose another player and perform a kill action on them. This can be used publicly during the day, or privately at night.

With that, only four guests remain at Thanksgiving Dinner. Four dishes, with barely anything remaining for leftovers. At this point, there’s not even enough healthy food to make up for the tainted food. Everyone’s fate is sealed. The end is nigh.

In unison, Sporkchan and Mycelia begin chanting a mournful acapella version of Tequila. They silently hand rolls of toilet paper to PlasticAutomaton and Hal Incandenza. Plastic and Hal burst into tears, but bravely salute Spork and Mycelia (with the hands that aren’t clutching the toilet paper). All four run off into the night as party poopers. Well Spork and Mycelia are partiers, while Plastic and Hal are poopers.

Shellception and PhantomMuzzles look at each other and shrug. “Pretty good Thanksgiving Dinner, all things considered! Good thing we didn’t eat any of the food they brought. Let’s go to Culver’s!”

The Scum Team has gained unassailable control over the vote. SCUM HAS WON THANKSGIVING.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yup.

Good job scum!

Thanks phantom and friends, that was a great game!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
The Final Four:

Sporkchan, SCUM-Aligned bringer of Green Bean Hot Dish

quote:

Slightly Watery Green Bean Hot Dish
This liquidy casserole gets the serving spoon all gloopy, so it’s evident when it’s used for other dishes.
Tracker

##Track <Player>: Choose a player other than yourself. If this player visits another player during the night, you will be told who they visit, but not which action is performed.

Mycelia, SCUM-Aligned bringer of Brussels Sprouts

quote:

Brussels Sprouts That Don’t Make Anyone Farty
Healthy and delicious and definitely won’t make you gassy!
Doctor

##Doctor <Player>: Choose a player other than yourself. This player will be prevented from being killed during this night phase.

Hal Incandenza, TOWN-Aligned bringer of Frozen Peas

quote:

Frozen Peas that could get added to dishes I guess
There are a lot of dishes that could have frozen peas added to them, but very few are actually improved by this addition.
Before the game begins, a specific number of players will secretly be designated Reasonably Suitable for Frozen Peas. This will be determined randomly, not based on what dishes they’re bringing. They will not be told they are Reasonably Suitable for Frozen Peas.

##Is <Player> Reasonably Suitable for Frozen Peas?: As a Night Action, you may choose another player and Ask if they are Reasonably Suitable for Frozen Peas.

If the player you name is in fact Reasonably Suitable for Frozen Peas, you will form an unconfirmed masonry with them.

##Activate Peas: If you have formed a Pea Masonry, as a private night action, you may choose to kill your masonry partner. This cannot be done the same night the masonry is formed.

If you currently have a Pea Masonry, you may not use your Ask action.

PlasticAutomaton, TOWN-Aligned bringer of Pie

quote:

Every Important Kind of Pie
There are only three kinds of pie that really matter on Thanksgiving.
Masonizer

Each night, you may perform one of the following actions:

##Serve Pecan Pie to <Player>: Choose a player and form an unconfirmed masonry with you and that player.

##Serve Pumpkin Pie to <Player> and <Player>: Choose two players other than yourself. Those two will form an unconfirmed masonry.

##Serve Apple Pie to <Player> and <Masonry Name>: Choose a player and add them to an existing unconfirmed masonry that you have created.

You must use all actions once before they recharge.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
hell yeah go scum

thanks for the game pmuzz!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah scum did awesome considering the start they had.

I just feel so dumb. I kept saying it seems like 2 scum and instead of sticking to that I killed TM and lost the game. Should have paid more attention to spork pushing a plan where they were last on the list at the end.

At least I can share the blame with TM who helped talk me into killing him. And plastic too lol

Kudos again scums

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah well played scumfriends, I'm thankful for you all, sorry to my townfriends for contributing to our gradual downfall

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

SporkChan posted:

I slept on it myself, and I just don't think there are two more scum.

I honestly thought this would be too on the nose, but I couldn't resist.

Thanks for the game PMuzz!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I bamboozled Keats this game so I'm counting that as still a loss, but not a super bad loss.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i got to send humalong (and someone else) the entire script to shrek 2, AND posted the entire bee movie script in-thread without being modkilled, so i'm claiming a personal moral victory here tbqh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Welp my bad. I got bamboozled!!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

I bamboozled Keats this game so I'm counting that as still a loss, but not a super bad loss.

That's the wrong kind of bamboozled.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Zoya posted:

i got to send humalong (and someone else) the entire script to shrek 2, AND posted the entire bee movie script in-thread without being modkilled, so i'm claiming a personal moral victory here tbqh

lol I got the Shrek, that's why I just said "donkey" in a post on D2 or whenever it was

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
What a game. Thanks PMuzz!

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

That was incredible. Spork carried me hard but I was proud of myself too. Thank you for an amazing game Pmuzz!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Really excellent game PMuzz, thanks! A lot of fun.

Kudos to the scum team, especially the evil mycelia and Spork combo. Some high-level foolery there. Good job.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yeah scum team was awesome. Even I couldn’t ruin it for them.

And awesome game pmuzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
😍😭😍😭😍😭😍😭😍😭😍😭😍😭😍😭😍