Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Viginti Septem posted:

This is the toughest spot I've been in ever these past couple months and I appreciate everything this fund has done for myself (and bird 🦜) and others. One day I wish to get back to making monthly donations instead of asking for assistance.

You're all life savers.

lots of people experience bad luck, and suffer for it. the goon fund is a way for people to have some good luck, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Subjunctive posted:

lots of people experience bad luck, and suffer for it. the goon fund is a way for people to have some good luck, too

💜

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

APRIL 2024 FINANCIALS

I don't have too much more to add than what the numbers showed here. We did officially limit all requests to $115 as of May 1st, which has helped a bit. We have thankfully received $1000 from two separate people this month which is the only reason we are in the black. We have received 40 requests since May 1st, though there were also 40 requests at this point in April as well. Which just goes back to the first half of the month being heavy for us. So if you think we are floating too much at the end of months - this is why.

I have also gone in and replaced "OTHER" on some of the requests with a better descriptor based on what the requestor put in their comments. Preferably, we have as little others as possible - currently 3.5% which is ideal IMO. And again, if you are a requestor, please feel free to recommend other categories for us to put on here that better fit your need. The purpose is not to discriminate, but to properly categorize for IRS and donor purposes.

I can also say that we are in the middle of planning a fundraiser! I will hopefully have more details for you soon!

Let me know if there are any questions I did not answer.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

1/3 of people wanting help for loving food. a shameful country we live in.

happy to contribute. looking forward to the fundraiser. thank you to everyone who gives and to the committee

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

everyone went to spirit halloween instead of donating to goons in oct smdh

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

And another 1/4 needing help to keep utilities on.

Glad I'm in a position to give back occasionally now, which wouldn't have been possible without support from GoonFund in the past. Y'all helped me avoid fees for overdrafts, utility shut-offs & reconnections & new deposits, and late rent payments.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

happy to contribute. looking forward to the fundraiser. thank you to everyone who gives and to the committee

That was the whole point of the original unofficial charity so it's not surprising. It was all about buying goons food.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hi yes would the owner of the bank account that just emptied itself for the fund please confirm with me via PM or email that you meant to do this because GOOD LORD.

edit: IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 00:10 on May 14, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

E: nm, I can’t read

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

really queer Christmas posted:

Hi yes would the owner of the bank account that just emptied itself for the fund please confirm with me via PM or email that you meant to do this because GOOD LORD.

gooooooooooooooooons

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That is insanely generous. Wow. I hope everyone's donating within their means, because these massive donations have been incredible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy moly

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

holy poo poo

Whoever you are, THANK YOU.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Could someone on the board confirm my request for 6 ps5s

seriously thank you whomever

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Holy poo poo thank you so much anon Goon you have provided so much food

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dang. I aspire to someday be in a position to do something like that.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
God has no hands but ours. You've done much good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
:toxx: You're getting a thousand bux in two months tops