Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

blue ranger was the best ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Nerd alert

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im gay

and proud goddanmit

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

we need dragonzord power. now.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Billy the powerbottom

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

dsf posted:

i dont remember, was he the racist one?

Nah you're thinking of the white power ranger

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah you're thinking of the white power ranger

he was the white power ranger

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

digitalist posted:

suicide sucks, don't kill yourself if you can help it, there's always something you haven't yet tried that could make your life better.

richard lowtax?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Alan Smithee posted:

:lmao:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's he saying? I can't remember this scene. I haven't seen HG in years

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's he saying? I can't remember this scene. I haven't seen HG in years

Grizzly Adams DID have a beard

Also the giant dude had trouble standing, so they hired a guy for him to lean on in scenes so he wouldnt have to always use the cane

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 21, 2022

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

to all the haters

neato burrito fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 21, 2022

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hope he was buried with an OG megazord toy, as is custom.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mind the walrus posted:

You could almost make an entire Power Rangers team solely out of Rangers he played and not repeat a color-- Green Dinosaur, White Tiger, Red Zeo whatever, Red Car Turbo whatever, Black Dinosaur.
When he made an appearance for Ninja Steel's Xth anniversary crossover, he had something called a Master Morpher that let him use all those powers/transformations and it was totally a "I'm 10 again and that's loving awesome" moment.

Also, there was a never-produced season called PR: Hexagon that was basically Rangers Academy led by Tommy and Underground Rebel Rangers led by Jason.

Alan Smithee posted:

The out of suit designs for the post-movie era MMPR really, really needed a second pass.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

neato burrito posted:

to all the haters

I still remember the tune that he played to wake up the Dragonzord

:rip: Green Ranger

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Jesus never tapped

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

:rip::krakken:

FilthyImp posted:

The out of suit designs for the post-movie era MMPR really, really needed a second pass.

I remember a part of that movie where the black ranger gets sad because he was given the power of a frog, and I just noticed that his zord also got to be the megazord's frog dick

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

wasnt the blue ranger a kid?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blue ranger was an easily defeated karate student of the red ranger but he was a genius and could fix alpha 5 who let's face it, kept the show running

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I'm the Pumpkin Rapper and I'm here to defeat you, Rangers!

Oh... oh no, I'm so sorry, nobody told me, I thought everyone would be here and we would fight a bit...

Jesus, uh, I'll just go, uh, sorry for your loss. They say, uh, they say the ones we love never really leave our, uh, hearts...? I'll go. Sorry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

When he made an appearance for Ninja Steel's Xth anniversary crossover, he had something called a Master Morpher that let him use all those powers/transformations and it was totally a "I'm 10 again and that's loving awesome" moment.

Just post the clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ1UFWRLxeo

Man this is dumb. Fun, but dumb. RIP multiranger guy.

quote:

Also, there was a never-produced season called PR: Hexagon that was basically Rangers Academy led by Tommy and Underground Rebel Rangers led by Jason.
Yeah duh. Isn't Haim Saban like one of the cheapest motherfuckers on the entire planet?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I remember that the original show used to have an after episode "and knowing is half the battle" thing.

One was a schoolmate trying to get in a fight with the red ranger and he kept using his martial arts to trip the guy and prevent him from fighting him and just kept talking to him.

It was a good message. :)

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Mr. Meagles posted:

RIP jesus ranger

at least he got to kick a cgi t-rex. pretty sure i'll die without climbing that mountain

Hi, I'm a CGI expert (Check my post history for proof of my Blender skills) and I'm pretty sure this is an honest to god real dinosaur. That kick is connecting way too well for this to be fake.
Considering his strong faith, God may have manifested a dinosaur for this shot as a solid to this guy.

For real tho, RIP Green Ranger, drat mental heath issues suck. You brought a whole lot of joy to kids of this world.

Edit: drat that kick really is connecting perfectly. Someone gave a gently caress about this shot.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

watching this scene on first airing was probably the most excited ive ever been in my entire dogshit fuckin life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6zmZ6BDyY&t=23s

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's pretty lol that the only way goons have of reckoning with their own mortality is to make threads about every minor celebrity that dies. the show wasn't good even when i was a child and this particular guy sucked worse than any of the other guys.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Not specifically, but it did wind up that way.

JDF was originally told he had about a 7 episode arc outside of the initial 5 episode Green With Evil mini. That's largely because Saban was going to follow the Japanese counterpart (Burai) who dies in the series after his introduction, leading to Red inheriting the Dragon Crest. What changed was that fan reaction to Tommy, Dragonzord, his relationship with Rita, and the Green Ranger was phenomenal. Saban wisely chose to ride out a good thing.

Down the road Red, Yellow, and Black rangers apparently had the same representation and they learned that they and the crew were majorly getting stiffed. Keep in mind that the actors were largely doing a lot of their own stunts in the US Filmed stuff because Saban was running everything so lean. So Austin St. John, MMPR Red, tried to get everyone to sign on to a walk out to force a renegotiation.

JDF gave the heads up to Saban, and worked on getting Pink and Blue to back out of the collective action. Iirc the three that got fired didn't even appear in the last few episodes in their arc-- you can see they refused footage, used stand-ins, etc.

unbelievable

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hell Yeah posted:

it's pretty lol that the only way goons have of reckoning with their own mortality is to make threads about every minor celebrity that dies. the show wasn't good even when i was a child and this particular guy sucked worse than any of the other guys.

would you care if you liked the show he was in.

What an off thread to reveal your a weirdo bit goons do love telling on themselves

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

goddamn the HEH GOONS AMIRITE is so loving tired.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Being surprised at how sad and old that sad old nerds are is itself the saddest, oldest thing

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

that is truly something, kratom thread guy

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

please dont take out your agressions on the gbs rip green ranger thread

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

would you care if you liked the show he was in.

honestly, no.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Wow this is actually pretty cool. The sparks are really well done and stylish.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Hell Yeah posted:

i'd expect someone with the user name "Hell Yeah" to be a little more enthusiastic and less catty

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Suicide is such an awful thing… He was my number one hero growing up so this hurts a lot, especially as someone who’s dealt with crippling depression for half my life.

I got to meet him when I was 8 or 9 when he came to my karate dojo for a meet and greet. He was awesome to all the kids, showed us a ton of sick moves and let us practice our best ones on him. Held a board out for me and I jump kicked that plank in two like a freakin champ. I got a signed poster that will always be one of my most prized possessions.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

X JAKK posted:

Also the giant dude had trouble standing, so they hired a guy for him to lean on in scenes so he wouldnt have to always use the cane

I totally forgot John Fetterman was in that movie.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't understand that reference because I did not like MASH. It was boring as poo poo when I was young.

I never cared for the show, but the movie (which came first) was really good, and where the "Suicide is Painless" song came from. I'm not sure they even played the lyrics in the TV intro.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Gone

Gone

Power ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Reiche posted:

Suicide is such an awful thing… He was my number one hero growing up so this hurts a lot, especially as someone who’s dealt with crippling depression for half my life.

I got to meet him when I was 8 or 9 when he came to my karate dojo for a meet and greet. He was awesome to all the kids, showed us a ton of sick moves and let us practice our best ones on him. Held a board out for me and I jump kicked that plank in two like a freakin champ. I got a signed poster that will always be one of my most prized possessions.

Hell Yeah posted:

i wonder which post is better