Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You'll hit planet cap within a quest or two max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Worf posted:

i kinda want to test this out just to see how insanely fast you level since you already level insanely fast

I think with double xp you could probably just literally do the story missions and nothing else.

I feel like people say you can already do that but I feel like I’ve been underleveled whenever I try and end up doing the heroics on a planet too

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think with double xp you could probably just literally do the story missions and nothing else.

You can, this is how I did my last alt, I did story quests only and out levelled each planet by like 15+ levels haha

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
My last alt generally hit level cap for the planet pretty fast, and the one before hit it on the flashpoints before the planets even.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like people say you can already do that but I feel like I’ve been underleveled whenever I try and end up doing the heroics on a planet too

Join a guild for the XP bonus. Unfortunately goon guilds don't have the max bonus.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

:siren: If you hadn't got it before, you can get the Darth Malgus poster with the code MalgusWhen via https://account.swtor.com/en/account/. This will be available until 16 May. :siren:

Update 7.5 is called Desperate Defiance. As discussed in the dev stream:
  • Storywise, this update will be the "turning point". Part of it is that the player gets to "shape Sa'har's direction as a Padawan" and she'll be joining you as a companion this time..
  • The story takes you back to Hutta - with improved art!
  • New seasonal event: Dantooine Spring Abundance Festival. Earn a farm! Do farming! Hunt for eggs! Go dance around the maypole with others! Have pie-baking parties! Fish for fish! Egg!!
  • New game thing: "Ventures". The first one will be getting Lane's Basilisk droid B3-S1 ("Bessy") as a companion, which involves "training and bonding" with it, i.e. completing limited-time missions with the droid as DPS, healer or tank. This will actually improve Bessy's performance. Ventures will be a way for solo players to gain new premium rewards, and apparently this will be used moving forward for (among other things maybe?? little unclear to me) collecting new companions (replacing Galactic Seasons as the previous companion-rewarding mechanism).
  • PvP Season 6 will start when 7.5 launches and will run for 16 weeks instead of 12 as before (thank gently caress), but go up to level 30 instead of 25 and you need 9000 instead of 7000 points to complete them (gently caress, never mind). Also for some reason warzone adrenals and medpacks are now on the reward track??
  • New character customisations are on the way, starting with a new hairstyle and a new beard.
  • The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns on 9 July. There's a new helmet - with a rainbow visor! :getin:
The new event and Venture will be available for testing on the PTS soon. Also, from now through 16 May there'll be double XP, collection and CM discounts, and if you log in during this period you'll get another floating box droid pet. So that's nice.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Hey so I just restarted playing this after a couple years. I seem to remember there used to be like a flow chart of what order to do things in one of the old threads?

I just finished chapter 3 with my imperial agent and now I'm a little lost about what to do next. Ilum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

There's a few lists/flowcharts around that explain the full order of all story content; they're not all up to date, but if you only just completed Chapter 3 (again) that doesn't really matter. Ilum is indeed your next stop in the chronology.

If at any point you get stuck or confused, you can always trust Swtorista to have a current list. Alternatively, you may find this one a little nicer to navigate. At the moment Update 7.4's content is missing from that one, though.

Anyhooooooo just FYI to anyone who's into that sort of thing, Update 7.5 (sans the new story content) is now running on the PTS. Doesn't seem like they've set an end date for it yet, but I imagine it'll be like one or two weeks.