Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

InediblePenguin posted:

this guy doesn't want his images republished elsewhere on the web so i'm just gonna drop a link, but here's a great example of the genre of "homemade art house built in the '70s that actively wants you to die if you walk around inside it"

Tetanus shot strongly recommended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bad idea man, the hounds of Tindalos would be momentarily confused at best.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would absolutely buy astromech and protocol droids at that abode.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

cult_hero posted:

Are those monogramed carpets?

Which extend into at least one of the bathrooms?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cult_hero posted:

Are those monogramed carpets?

Not just monogrammed, all the plaid carpets have the same pattern and I think it's their clan tartan. I didn't know real Irish people actually cared about that.

What is the story of this house? This is obviously exactly what they wanted. It was somebody's dream house. Somebody with awful taste and new money. Built in 1993, looking like they expected it to be their descendants fancy "ancestral home" a hundred years from now. But it won't be, because they are selling it. What happened here?

Lookit me I have a formal dining room like on all those classy historical dramas.

Also, this. Uh, a bedroom with stripper poles that look like feet?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Pookah posted:

I don't want to oversell this one, but try to imagine a house that has tackier interior design than Trump's apartment and still be surprised by the reality:

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-villa-barton-1-churchfield-straffan-co-kildare/5723217

This is one of the more subdued rooms:

Getting a real "Backrooms" feel here ..

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mosnar posted:

I can't tell whether the pics are so bad because they use a 1000W floodlight as a lamp or if the realtor just murdered any trace of contrast in photoshop. :psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mosnar posted:

I like the piss colored walls.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not just monogrammed, all the plaid carpets have the same pattern and I think it's their clan tartan. I didn't know real Irish people actually cared about that.

What is the story of this house? This is obviously exactly what they wanted. It was somebody's dream house. Somebody with awful taste and new money. Built in 1993, looking like they expected it to be their descendants fancy "ancestral home" a hundred years from now. But it won't be, because they are selling it. What happened here?

Lookit me I have a formal dining room like on all those classy historical dramas.

Also, this. Uh, a bedroom with stripper poles that look like feet?

Clan tartans are absolutely not a thing in Ireland - that carpet looks to me like something a pub or hotel would have custom-made to feature their logo.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Drink more water.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Mosnar posted:

backrooms x doomhaus

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017
Would totally do an Airbnb at the steel house just so I could set up a bunch of oscillating color led lights and drop acid in it

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pookah posted:

I don't want to oversell this one, but try to imagine a house that has tackier interior design than Trump's apartment and still be surprised by the reality:

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-villa-barton-1-churchfield-straffan-co-kildare/5723217

This is one of the more subdued rooms:

What the hell is the padded mirror (?) TV screen (?) above the bed?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mad Hamish posted:

What the hell is the padded mirror (?) TV screen (?) above the bed?

You’ve never seen a motel advertising mirrors above the beds?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Mosnar posted:

Oooh piss is stored in the walls. We’ve been mishearing it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The first test map you make and don't save, when you're new to map editing and still just loving around trying to figure out how to place items and texture poo poo.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

Oooh piss is stored in the walls. We’ve been mishearing it.

:golfclap:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

InediblePenguin posted:

this guy doesn't want his images republished elsewhere on the web so i'm just gonna drop a link, but here's a great example of the genre of "homemade art house built in the '70s that actively wants you to die if you walk around inside it"

Getting some serious Hieronymus Bosch vibes

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Mosnar posted:

I am now absolutely convinced this house is modeled after the first level of Thief 2.

Don Karnage
Oct 9, 2016

InediblePenguin posted:

RoadsideArchitecture.com and their accompanying blog are a definite pro-click for weird buildings.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cartoon Man posted:

I feel like that's perfectly suited for re-enacting The Yellow Wallpaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The house is this week's Zillowing Out