Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What was the brainwormed train of thought on banning tattoos? Never figured that one out and it felt like it was among some of the dumber, more pointless things the Army did....which is a pretty tall bar to clear. I always imagined it was some stuffy rear end in a top hat that didn't like "kids these days" or some poo poo, so glad to see it getting worked on especially for people who have a cultural reason.

Bonus points if it makes some other stuffy rear end in a top hat angry about "Kinder, gentler Army these days!" Every time I hear someone whine about that it improves my mood.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Like all the other bullshit, it is always about control.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Controversial opinion, likely to explode the heads of staff officers and SNCOs alike:

soldiers are people too

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

Controversial opinion, likely to explode the heads of staff officers and SNCOs alike:

soldiers are people too

*Citation needed per CSM

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Most CSMs would have no idea what ”a citation” is.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vahakyla posted:

Isn't that the thing they have MPs give out for not being in full battle rattle at the commissary?

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Vahakyla posted:

Some kinda Chevy, right?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bird food bathtub posted:

Isn't that the thing they have MPs give out for not being in full battle rattle at the commissary?

No, we give those to VERY angry staff officers when explaining that they aren't allowed their own special parking spot outside of HQ.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Assigned parking spots are a trick, everyone knows where you park and notice when your car isn't there.

Shamming is infinitely easier when people can't just look out the window and see if you're here or not.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just buy a second car to leave in your parking spot all day.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Mustang posted:

Assigned parking spots are a trick, everyone knows where you park and notice when your car isn't there.

Shamming is infinitely easier when people can't just look out the window and see if you're here or not.

This is why you have a spare car and you just leave it there. And a spare hat which you just leave on your desk. Maybe I've hit peak field grade brain fog though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Spare car is a bit much, but I never made it past sham shield money. Learned from the pros though, our warrant had the spare hat and a ring of fake house/car keys to put in it. Dude could ghost an entire day at will, finish whatever needed to be done, when it needed to be done, and nobody would notice.