Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Nebrilos posted:

I crave metal pieces for resources and clues. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I use acrylic/resin pieces for resources and clues, but see my post in this thread for a big writeup of upgraded components for Arkham.

I have recently started using these markers for location connections. Metal, reversible for 1-way/2-way connections, and highly legible:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1687463779/40x-metal-location-connector-tokens-for?ref=yr_purchases

I’ve also started using this for a chaos token bag: https://a.co/d/4iHYnyi

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soap.
Jul 15, 2007

Her?

Nebrilos posted:

I crave metal pieces for resources and clues. Does anyone have any recommendations?

We use these tokens and they're awesome. Good weight to them and they look even better than the photos.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault
Some of the token choices were hella expensive so I opted for those plastic coin pieces protectors off Amazon (not got the link handy I'm afraid) and was pleasantly surprised by the upgrade.
If you have the bank though, the custom ones are probably much nicer, but for like $5 you can get a massive tactile upgrade.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i printed out some knurled rings for my tokens and they're so so good

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
You can get great wooden player boards from Ali and Etsy, if you want to ditch tokens for nice and simple trackers.

For path trackers I bought small generic flat wooden tokens and put one-way arrows to one side with a marker and two-way arrows to the other. Work great and don't take almost any table space.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Miniature Market is giving away Investigator Packs for 2-3 bux.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchresults/?q=Arkham+investigators

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Our play of The Silent Heath was kind of a whiff.

There weren’t many enemies in the deck. I drew both copies via surge of the “gleaming” treachery that deals 5 horror when your hand runs empty and cancelled them both with Alter Fate. Between drawing the cultist token that lets you pull insects out of the trophy case and just getting lucky, we never saw the bug queen.

There wasn’t really anything for the fighter to do. The cluever and flex wandered around looking for the crystallized remains until the damage-over-time from those forced us to resign with only two of the three remains. If they had fielded a bit more soak we would have been able to get the third.

Just sort of a nothing scenario with a weirdly high amount of fiddliness girding it.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

Our play of The Silent Heath was kind of a whiff.

There weren’t many enemies in the deck. I drew both copies via surge of the “gleaming” treachery that deals 5 horror when your hand runs empty and cancelled them both with Alter Fate. Between drawing the cultist token that lets you pull insects out of the trophy case and just getting lucky, we never saw the bug queen.

There wasn’t really anything for the fighter to do. The cluever and flex wandered around looking for the crystallized remains until the damage-over-time from those forced us to resign with only two of the three remains. If they had fielded a bit more soak we would have been able to get the third.

Just sort of a nothing scenario with a weirdly high amount of fiddliness girding it.

I had the a similar experience, but realised towards the end of the scenario that I'd misread the rules and the boss probably should have spawned much sooner since it changes to spawning from any symbol token. Dunno if the same thing might have happened to you but it probably would have been a more hectic scenario if I had to deal with it earlier.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Nah, we clocked that but were ultimately resigning with 7 of 8 doom still left on agenda 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s called the Silent Heath. Works as advertised.