Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

noooo Princess of Sylph got cancelled

I'm so sad, it was one of my absolute favourites

Oh that sucks.

EDIT: It sounds like the author might be continuing it in some form independently at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

noooo Princess of Sylph got cancelled

I'm so sad, it was one of my absolute favourites

i am going to destroy the earth

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I read the first volume of She Likes Gays, but Not Me. It was a bit of a disappointment! It was a lot more YA in style than I really wanted. That’s not to say it was bad, I’m just not a teen anymore

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

My friend's 11-year-old younger sister just came out as a lesbian, and now my friend's asking me for manga recommendations for her. Anyone know anything good?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Bloom Into You is like the most basic and essential yuri possible, to the point where it could be used as a unit of measurement, while still being good in its own right. imo that’s where id recommend to start

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This feels like a difficult one to answer without knowing the type of 11 year old, lol.

Like uh, Catch These Hands might work in a weird way??? Its about adults but its very fluff and cartoony. It feels like the type of thing I could see myself liking at 11 years old. I could be forgetting something in it but feels like a safe pick.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is probably some magical girl genre stuff that would be a good pick too, for something more generalized and outside of the purview of the thread. But that isn't really my area of expertise.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I don't know if your friend means physical or digital but everything here has both available officially:

For series set in school, The Moon on a Rainy Night would be a solid rec. Our Wonderful Days would also be cute I think, though it's very slice-of-life and doesn't really touch on any yuri until like the last couple of chapters.

For series with adults (though I think could still work for a preteen), Futari Escape is a funny slice-of-life about a couple already living together, though there's no real romance. Adachi and Shimamura might be okay? Though the manga is so far behind, the light novel might be a better pick. I love Asumiko Nakamura, maybe A White Rose in Bloom would be good for someone her age. Kiss and White Lily for My Dearest Girl might be good as well.

When they're a bit older, stories like Run Away with Me, Girl, She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat, Doughnut Under a Crescent Moon, and I Married My Female Friend would all be great recommendations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

or recommend citrus and never talk to them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
theres a deep deep well of insane yuri to rec then block on everything