Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's definitely a number of Personas in 4 that aren't in 3 or 5, but a lot of them are low-level chaff without much notability. Like, uh... Cu Sith.

Once you get to the high levels the rosters tend to standardize. On the other hand, Kaguya is probably the best Persona design, full stop, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also, if you mean "fully unique to P4", there aren't a lot of those, P4 heavily reused assets from Nocturne, just like P3. But on review here are a few highish-level Personas that aren't in 3 or 5: Tzitzimitl, Pabilsag, Hachiman.

Though I doubt they'd add those anyway, because why add a Persona to that challenge fight that isn't already in P5? You're just creating more work for yourself and people are gonna complain he has a Persona they can't use.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Arist posted:

Also, if you mean "fully unique to P4", there aren't a lot of those, P4 heavily reused assets from Nocturne, just like P3. But on review here are a few highish-level Personas that aren't in 3 or 5: Tzitzimitl, Pabilsag, Hachiman.

Though I doubt they'd add those anyway, because why add a Persona to that challenge fight that isn't already in P5? You're just creating more work for yourself and people are gonna complain he has a Persona they can't use.

Nah, I didn't mean not reused in SMT poo poo, asset reuse is beautiful and part of the fun. In a way it is crushing to me to see demons get redesigns since it means saying goodbye to desperately uprezzed PS2 models. Tzizimitl / Pabilsag / Hachiman is exactly what I wanted to know .

Yeah, that's fair, I'm thinking more in terms of 'what is meaningful to Persona 4 man.' Besides Izanagi, it's all maxed out social links from Dojima Sr and Nanako, Marie, and uh, Shu Nakajima. Now I can respect Marie from a distance and accept that his relationship with the Dojimas is important to him, but I think there is more to P4san than that. Just one representing the IT would be enough, really. At the end of the day the focus is on the gameplay and the themes are profoundly secondary in this silly bonus mode, I get it, but they cared enough to pick specific max SLs.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 19, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're kind of stuck anyway because most if not all of 4's arcana capstone Personas are already in P5R, but I agree that the selection's a little funky even disregarding that. You have Yoshitsune, famously the most broken Persona from 4, and Kaguya, who represents Golden, but it definitely doesn't feel all that representative of 4 itself.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Probably doesn't help that P4's team use all Japanese-based Personas, which is also the pool that Personas in general most commonly take from and re-use. By contrast, P3 uses Greek gods, which Persona does use but not nearly to the same frequency.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm partway through December in P3R and finally things are actually happening. It only took seven months. What I was not expecting is that the plot is literally just Evangelion.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's not

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

anakha posted:

Japanesegovernment.jpeg

This makes perfect sense for a government employee.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

anakha posted:

Japanesegovernment.jpeg

Checks out. Back in 2016 I was working at a hospital that had its systems taken down by the WannaCry ransomware ... because the printers were running unpatched Windows XP. We had to patch everything manually - and I know I actually found a computer running Vista. (To be fair to that piece of junk it was not connected to the net and not upgraded because it couldn't run some necessary software for a piece of medical kit on anything newer than Vista).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

This makes perfect sense for a government employee.

Yeah lmao, and not just the Japanese government

The software I had to use when I worked for the state of Wisconsin.......