Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'm a big fan of the Hape Quadrilla sets which are basically the same thing

Ben Quadrinaros is cool but he didn't even get to race, I liked Gasgano best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Biden administration suspends funding for scientist at center of COVID lab leak theory

quote:

The Biden administration said it has suspended from all federal funding programs the scientist at the heart of the lab leak theory of the origins of the coronavirus, and proposed blocking him from receiving federal funding in the future.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) sent a letter to Peter Daszak on Tuesday, less than a week after the agency took similar action against Daszak’s organization, EcoHealth Alliance (EHA).

In the letter, HHS said it was holding Daszak responsible for EcoHealth Alliance’s failure to adequately monitor the activities of the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) and then subsequently failing to report on the lab’s high-risk virus studies.

“The alleged conduct of EHA is imputed to you, because during all or part of the time relevant, you participated in, knew of, or had reason to know of EHA’s improper conduct, through your role as the President of EHA” as well as project director and principal investigator, HHS wrote.

While bans generally last for about three years, “I may impose debarment for a longer period or shorter period as the circumstances warrant,” the agency said in the letter.

HHS cited information from 31 federal documents dating back to the National Institutes of Health’s initial 2014 grant to EcoHealth, leading up to the May 15 notice suspending and proposing debarment of Daszak’s organization.

EcoHealth and Daszak have come under fire from Republicans and Democrats over the group’s work with the Wuhan lab, particularly regarding controversial “gain of function” research to enhance the ability of the virus to cause disease or make it more transmissible.

Earlier this month, House lawmakers questioned Daszak about EcoHealth’s record on biosafety and its relationship with the Wuhan lab, though Republicans did not produce any evidence linking the COVID-19 pandemic to EcoHealth’s research.

“EcoHealth Alliance President Dr. Peter Daszak’s personal debarment will ensure he never again receives a single cent from U.S. taxpayers nor has the opportunity to start a new, untrustworthy organization,” Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-Ohio), chair of the House Oversight Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, said Wednesday.

“The Select Subcommittee intends to hold Dr. Daszak accountable for any dishonesty and reminds him that this debarment decision does not preclude him from producing all outstanding documents and answering all the questions from this Congressional body,” Wenstrup added.

Daszak has denied the organization ever funded or conducted gain of function research. But in the letter dated May 21, HHS said Daszak and EcoHealth failed to report to the National Institutes of Health that the WIV had produced a virus that was stronger than permissible thresholds, which was a violation of the terms of the grant.

HHS previously barred WIV from receiving federal grants, and in the letter to Daszak said it’s “undisputed” that the research conducted at the WIV “likely violated protocols of the [National Institutes of Health] regarding biosafety.”

According to the letter, Daszak was “ultimately responsible for ensuring both EHA’s and WIV’s compliance,” but he did not.

The National Institutes of Health said it is still waiting for materials it requested from EcoHealth in 2021 and 2022, and noted EcoHealth did not submit its 2019 annual report to federal officials for nearly two years.

“Given the issues regarding the management of EHA’s grant awards and subawards, and the nature of the virology research being conducted by EHA … I have determined that the immediate suspension of Dr. Daszak is necessary to protect the public interest,” a memo from a redacted HHS suspension and debarment official and the deputy assistant secretary for acquisitions said.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
waiting for the Gravitrax Jolyn West connection

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
what's going on over in the biden admin that they would backstab one of their own over bioweapons stuff, when they're so consistent about total permissiveness for all other IC things

they just see this as another facet of dismantling everything related to public health and ending made-up "lockdowns" don't they

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
they're throwing Daszak under the bus so they can consider him a rogue agent and any further antagonizing China over COVID can't be reflected back at the US establishment

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Probably the dumbest thing to still care about imho

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
It's me, I'm the guy still mad about being told I couldn't buy a beachball the first two weeks in April four years ago :nallears:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

It's me, I'm the guy still mad about being told I couldn't buy a beachball the first two weeks in April four years ago :nallears:

people are still insanely mad about this and we will hear about it until the end of days

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dokapon Findom posted:

'IM FEELING THREATENED' the man yelled as he pointed his firearm at the Costco employees face after being asked to wear a mask or leave

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bedpan posted:

people are still insanely mad about this and we will hear about it until the end of days

Not if H5N1 takes off!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

Probably the dumbest thing to still care about imho

if this is what you think you have no business in the epstein thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can anyone remind me to what extent stonehenge's current arrangement and iconic look was a 20th century fabrication the uk doesnt want tourists to know?

i cant remember the deets and google is in bed with the druidic satanists

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Another Bill posted:

Not if H5N1 takes off!

When it looked like Monkeypox might be a thing, I had people tell me that no matter what happens next, after Covid, they would never allow anything to interfere with their leisure activities ever again. Bird flu's mortality rate might change their minds. Maybe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

literally just a flu

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

mice that drink the flu milk got flu all over their organs apparently

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Real hurthling! posted:

can anyone remind me to what extent stonehenge's current arrangement and iconic look was a 20th century fabrication the uk doesnt want tourists to know?

i cant remember the deets and google is in bed with the druidic satanists

I skimmed this and it seems like a decent explanation https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/inspire-me/blog/blog-posts/stonehenge-early-excavations-restoration/

Important highlights:

quote:

"The Office of Works initially envisaged straightening a number of the leaning sarsens and securing them in a concrete foundation, as well as re-erecting the stones that had fallen in 1797 and 1900.

The plans were founded on two basic assumptions – that excavation of the stone holes would show evidence for the original positions of both leaning and fallen stones; and that all the stones had originally been perpendicular."

quote:

"There were problems with the restoration plans from the start. When two of the stones (6 and 7) on the eastern side of the outer sarsen circle were lifted and their stone holes excavated, there was no clear indication of where they had originally stood within those holes. After much discussion, their positioning was left to Hawley’s expert judgement."

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
truth is Stonehenge is all one piece & it grew that way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ty

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

FirstnameLastname posted:

truth is Stonehenge is all one piece & it grew that way

ribcage of a dead god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

bedpan posted:

OH MY GOD

The "lockdowns" are to the US what that week in the 1970s when trash wasn't collected is to the UK! We're in the Anglo death spiral, gentlegoons, so light 'em if you got 'em!