Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
He was on VADA? Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And now De La Hoya and Canelo almost brawled https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/40067038/tensions-erupt-canelo-alvarez-oscar-de-la-hoya-press-conference

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Ryan Garcia has a 70 IQ

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Canelo just comfortably but not completely one sidedly defeated Jaime Munguia. I scored it 116-111. You can see why he’s reticent to fight Benavidez though. Munguia is bigger than Canelo and hits hard, and he had success early and in spurts afterwards, but Benavidez is much bigger and hits much harder than Munguia, and is just a flat out better fighter than Munguia. I think it’s probably a better idea for Canelo to stick to this level of competition at this point in his career. It’s pretty clear to me that he’s not the fighter he was a few years ago.

But, Canelo just said he’s the best fighter in the world. So he should have no problem fighting Benavidez if that’s what he truly believes. Let’s see it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Canelo just comfortably but not completely one sidedly defeated Jaime Munguia. I scored it 116-111. You can see why he’s reticent to fight Benavidez though. Munguia is bigger than Canelo and hits hard, and he had success early and in spurts afterwards, but Benavidez is much bigger and hits much harder than Munguia, and is just a flat out better fighter than Munguia. I think it’s probably a better idea for Canelo to stick to this level of competition at this point in his career. It’s pretty clear to me that he’s not the fighter he was a few years ago.

But, Canelo just said he’s the best fighter in the world. So he should have no problem fighting Benavidez if that’s what he truly believes. Let’s see it.

yeah I scored it 118-109 but I was just assuming that if a round was close that it went to Canelo.

It was the kind of fight where if Munguia hit just a bitttt harder or had just a bittt more cardio that things could have looked very different.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

meh okay fight, expected result.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I was expecting it to be way more boring so I thought it went great. canelo rarely gets serious so early these days

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Inoue is a very scary person

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

inoue #1 p4p. he a drat monster.

cornlog
May 1, 2008
That was impressive.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Couldn't watch the fight live but just got caught up and god drat Inoue is so loving good lol

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Just got caught up too and Inoue is terrifying. Sucks that Moloney lost his belt but he probably should’ve been more aggressive, I’ll have to watch it again since I had it on in the background while I was finishing up work.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Digital Jedi posted:

Inoue is a very scary person

Ya

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Inoue just has death touch. He'll just swing something, it moves like lightning and the other dude just crumples. What a boxer.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Inoue just has death touch. He'll just swing something, it moves like lightning and the other dude just crumples. What a boxer.

And getting knocked down made him kick things into another gear. Absolutely generational talent, I can't think of anyone who's a legitimate threat to him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love Inoue. I've never caught one of his fights live and that makes me sad and feel like a poser, but he's so good and I get pleasure showing his fights and highlights to people.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Inoue has had 2 big defensive lapses in his career, getting caught by Nonito Donaire in their first fight and now getting knocked down by Nery. Obviously he was able to survive both but if he is serious about moving up and unifying 126/130 before he's done you have to wonder if he would be able to escape similar shots from a Leigh Wood or Emmanuel Navarette.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it's interesting that both of his lapses were super early. my man needs to get a sweat on before he walks out. but holy poo poo he's got the touch of death that hucksters used to advertise in comic books. nery just slumped through the ropes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tanks trainer said Davis would dust Inoue at 135.

Should hope so with a natural 13lbs advantage versus having to gain up to it...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tanks trainer said Davis would dust Inoue at 135.

Should hope so with a natural 13lbs advantage versus having to gain up to it...

lol for real. i'll cut to a class 3 above where you fight, seems reasonable

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

anyone talking about tank inoue has brain worms.

also one thing to note about inoue's defensive lapses is he stays down for the full 8 and recomposes. he's a super complete fighter. doesn't let ego get the best of him. so i think he'd be fine at a division or two up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Crazy loving fight last night in the probox main event

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Lomanchenko / Kambosos fight card hit new levels of corruption and incompetence. They hosed Moloney hard.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Did they tho

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

yeah I've got no sympathy for maloney, I thought guevara did enough for the win and graciously offered maloney the rematch just for maloney to throw a fit and keep going afterwards with that backstage interview

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://x.com/ChampRDS/status/1791272552943222969

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It’s finally here. Fury usyk day! I can’t wait

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Let’s go boys. Biggest day of boxing this year

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

God drat I thought the card starting at 4pm would mean the fight would be at a reasonable time.

I'm sure fury is going to do his up most to make this as boring as humanly possible. Hoping usyk gets inside and knocks the tedious fucker out.

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

I'm always torn between disliking Tyson Fury for being a weird bigot and a generally unlikeable guy/a fighter who relies on his Shrek-like proportions to lean on people until they get tired

And then the weirdly vulnerable and charismatic guy who talks about his struggle with bipolar disorder and gets up from the loving dead against Deontay Wilder like Dracula rising from his goddamn coffin

I don't know, I guess I want Usyk to win because he's smaller and deserves it.

Either way an actual unified heavyweight boxing champion after today?? Imagine that

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Once it's over and the rematches etc... what next? Who does the champ even fight in this division?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Quizzlefish posted:

Once it's over and the rematches etc... what next? Who does the champ even fight in this division?

Parker? he definitely looked like he’d taken a step up in the Wilder and Zhang fights

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

I assume Anthony Joshua because $$$

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

A Passing Feeling posted:

I'm always torn between disliking Tyson Fury for being a weird bigot and a generally unlikeable guy/a fighter who relies on his Shrek-like proportions to lean on people until they get tired

And then the weirdly vulnerable and charismatic guy who talks about his struggle with bipolar disorder and gets up from the loving dead against Deontay Wilder like Dracula rising from his goddamn coffin

I don't know, I guess I want Usyk to win because he's smaller and deserves it.

Either way an actual unified heavyweight boxing champion after today?? Imagine that

Yeah I also vacillate between hating fury and loving the guy. When he’s on, he’s so fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

drat frank sanchez just got KO’d