Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

If they keep up the 2 chapters per episode through the end of season one, that ends on chapter 51 - "Dumplings II".

That leaves 46 chapters. If they stick with a 24 episode season two, they definitely have some room to work, including the option of compressing some of the action heavy sequences (which probably go by faster animated), and letting some other bits breathe a bit more, as well as possibly tweaking the presentation to make the parallel timeline stuff easier to follow for TV viewers.

Or they could even start doing that this season. Though so far they've mostly kept it 2:1.

Episode 21 Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=686xd5aDIDI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Quinton posted:

If they keep up the 2 chapters per episode through the end of season one, that ends on chapter 51 - "Dumplings II".

Based on some of the voice clips in the PV for second cour, it seems we are getting Bacon and Eggs, so 52 is the earliest finishing point. Part of me really wishes they include On Floor One somehow, as it would be a very hype zinger for the next season, but that would require an extra length final episode, which, while not impossible or unprecedented, is not likely.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

E: removed preview link, it's in a spoiler in post above.

If they're gonna wiggle the timeline it's gonna need to be the last three eps. My idea is still splitting all three between up and downstairs, Griffin / familiar / griffin soup and floor 1 pt 1/2/3. The upstairs crew ends with them falling in a hole, the downstairs crew's last shot is them walking off and through the changeling circle. Then changelings itself (and bacon and eggs) next season.

Option 2 is to follow manga and do changelings now, end with bacon and eggs and the Canaries just barely making it to the dungeon itself as a cliffhanger?

I saw a YouTube comment saying it's 26 episodes but I couldn't find any evidence of that anywhere?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 20, 2024

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
All the information suggests it is 24, but if that somehow turned out to be false, I'd be more than happy.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
It's a bit awkward for the new season to kick off with Not Our Heroes, so ending on Bacon and Eggs is.. hmm. I was wondering if it would skip to the action on the first level to cap off S2 and then have the slow-paced changeling chapters to start off S3.

It is true its audio is in the S2 trailer though, so I guess it must be it. That strongly suggests that the anime will adhere to the ordering exactly.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I thought about them shuffling dumplings off to be the first episode of next season, but that chapter is the one where they enter through the gates to dwarven part of the dungeon, so it would make no sense.

Oh well, however they pace it, I just want them to nail Griffin Soup. That is my top priority for the season.

Sander fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 20, 2024

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I'm so glad people are vibing the Canaries before they even know what their deal is. So bummed that they won't get to learn it until next season please let there be a next season :cry:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
God I want to spoil the anime thread about the canaries so baaaaad

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I'm so glad people are vibing the Canaries before they even know what their deal is. So bummed that they won't get to learn it until next season please let there be a next season :cry:

Yeah, that first scene with the Canaries does a great job of efficiently establishing them as individual characters. It's a bummer they don't show up again for another 8 chapters... unless the anime decides to switch some things around? :pray:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
On the First Floor would be such a good chapter for a Season climax.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Trigger getting rid of the "Wait, Mithrun is a guy?" confusion by making him sound like a Joestar. It made be giggle.

The battle on the first floor would be a good final scene, drop in how terrifying the canaries are and have Mithrun and Kabru drop down a hole, cliffhanger for the next season.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I agree, it would make a fantastic cliffhanger and it also leads in directly to the gang stumbling into another set of changelings with Smol Senshi and Giant Muscle Woman Marcille.

The panel where the gang is being goofy juxtaposed with self-sacrificing Kabru going "THE REST IS UP TO YOU, LAIOS" would be a great moment to end the season.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible with the episodes left, unless TRIGGER goes all out with an extra long final episode that adapts 5-6 chapters one go. Something that has precedent with other anime, but highly unlikely.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Iirc First Floor doesn't need to, and didn't, align to the exact chronology of the party's descent. It's possible it could be adapted into the season finale. But there are also a few different chapters that could be good endpoints.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I watched it with my non-manga reading friend and his reaction to Elven Death Squad was "Why do they all look so tired?" Ha!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I kinda want this season to do the First Floor chapters, because hinting about Canaries in both first and second opening and then having them just sit around for an episode or two would be a huge waste.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sander posted:

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible with the episodes left, unless TRIGGER goes all out with an extra long final episode that adapts 5-6 chapters one go. Something that has precedent with other anime, but highly unlikely.

Is the anime also Netflix exclusive in Japan or is it airing through traditional TV? Would be a lot easier without being constrained by broadcast time slots.

Actually, I wonder if the fact we've gotten multiple outsourced episodes in a row indicates they're focused on ending the season with a banger?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It's on regular tv in Japan

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hiveminded posted:

Iirc First Floor doesn't need to, and didn't, align to the exact chronology of the party's descent.

Yeah, it's weird to think that the events we saw in this episode are actually occurring before the Shapeshifter encounter, which was 3 episodes ago.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

DrSunshine posted:

I watched it with my non-manga reading friend and his reaction to Elven Death Squad was "Why do they all look so tired?" Ha!

Yeah, I can't wait explain how they're kind of like the county jail convicts the city uses for weed eating crews.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
and then the only confirmed volunteer we see in the whole orgainization joined to avoid getting conscripted into being heir to the throne (something which never actually comes up in the main story)

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Yeah, I can't wait explain how they're kind of like the county jail convicts the city uses for weed eating crews.

More like the guys they have shoveling boron onto the open reactor core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Terrifying Effigies posted:

More like the guys they have shoveling boron onto the open reactor core.

Or Californian Inmate firefighters