Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ben Burtt has an excellent ear for coming across random sounds. He's got a bunch of anecdotes like "There were some guys fixing a pothole outside the office with a rock stuck in the hose of their air hammer. I thought it sounded musical so I grabbed my recorder before they could fix it, and that's how I found the sound of the speeder bike gear shift" or "so I was at a photo store in San Anselmo and there was this old woman buying film. I thought she sounded like a hosed up alien so I asked her if she wanted to play ET."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Matthew Wood;s battle droids voices are terrible.

Uhhhh... That doesn't compute

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Robot Style posted:

Ben Burtt has an excellent ear for coming across random sounds. He's got a bunch of anecdotes like "There were some guys fixing a pothole outside the office with a rock stuck in the hose of their air hammer. I thought it sounded musical so I grabbed my recorder before they could fix it, and that's how I found the sound of the speeder bike gear shift" or "so I was at a photo store in San Anselmo and there was this old woman buying film. I thought she sounded like a hosed up alien so I asked her if she wanted to play ET."

Sound people and engineers are like this in general, in my experience.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

Wrong

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Uhhhh... That doesn't compute.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

BiggestBatman posted:

Uhhhh... That doesn't compute

BiggestBatman posted:

Uhhhh... That doesn't compute.

Roger Roger

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Smh the quote you’re all using isn’t even wood

This is the real battle droid voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSk3WawBZ5c

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll also take oom9 all the way from Jersey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc_her-n5rQ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sound people and engineers are like this in general, in my experience.

I mean, it makes sense! Like with any art, new ideas and inspiration are likely to get your attention.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Robot Style posted:

Burtt is the goat, it should have been the first red flag when he was benched for the sequels

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
What was the last act of Rogue One supposed to be before it got chopped up in the edit?

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 18, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That plus more scenes on the beach, fighting a tie fighter and going through some underground thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

What was the last act of Rogue One supposed to be before it got chopped up in the edit?

There's a really, really excellent podcast called Going Rogue that breaks it down.